14 Pages<<11121314PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#301 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 12:19:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Well, currently I sit at 14/16 rewards. Too bad that the only one I really want is the Classic Astronaut. And that's not happening.

Don't worry it'll probably be in the very next forzathon or leagues, and you'll wonder why you put so much effort in to this.
 1 user liked this post.
#302 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 1:58:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TearierMist5047 Go to Quoted Post
Still so near yet so far on both events.. On a mid 1:12 on the indy GP track and 38.9 on the oval. After the (very annoying) final chicane on the GP track what is the best way line/gear to exit and take the final corner onto the pit straight? Reckon I'm losing 4 tenths on that alone as I can't find the sweet spot. Shall try again later on tonight and see if I can get further up the leaderboards.

As you come off the bank its down to 2nd. Hold this as you approach the last turn, down to 1st for a split second to get turn in. Back up to 2nd at apex and quickly into 3rd before hitting rev limit/spinning wheels if no TCS. Getting your shift from 3rd to 4th right matters, as you either power out on to the start finish straight, or power straight into the grass/wall.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#303 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:18:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Went back to the oval,did better,KTVDS and Alan JT,you got some work to do,lol.

I spent an Hour chassing Dusty with no improvemens I will live with my time in the top 3% for the Oval and about time you Pulled ya finger out and got ahead of me, was starting to think your were under the weather or something. Now Im just waiting for X1 Two to get a move on and pass me on the oval As I normaly use one of you two as a rival to chase as you Both use Auto.

I would love to but I don't think I have it in me. I don't like to do more than ten laps in any rival.

Oh wow I finally beat you in a Rivals event 😲😵 I am just going to see if Hell has frozen over or not back soon I hope, or am I all ready there 🤔🤔

Up date on my visit to Hell. I noticed a lot of snow and Ice on the ground but it appeared to be Melting, Humm I was wondering why it was melting. So I checked the boards and I see you found that extra time and wooped my time by a whopping 0.040 Seconds 😭😢😢😭

Nicely done now the leader board looks correct, I Guess T Rex has some work to do though to catch up to ya. 😋😁

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2018 6:52:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#304 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 12:51:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TearierMist5047 Go to Quoted Post
Still so near yet so far on both events.. On a mid 1:12 on the indy GP track and 38.9 on the oval. After the (very annoying) final chicane on the GP track what is the best way line/gear to exit and take the final corner onto the pit straight? Reckon I'm losing 4 tenths on that alone as I can't find the sweet spot. Shall try again later on tonight and see if I can get further up the leaderboards.

As you come off the bank its down to 2nd. Hold this as you approach the last turn, down to 1st for a split second to get turn in. Back up to 2nd at apex and quickly into 3rd before hitting rev limit/spinning wheels if no TCS. Getting your shift from 3rd to 4th right matters, as you either power out on to the start finish straight, or power straight into the grass/wall.

Thanks for that advice Dust, cut my time down to a 1:12.122 with a much cleaner end to the lap, now in the top 10% as there are more times posted than in Max's last edit. Just 0.6 to beat Hinchliffe and Daly..

I think the new 10% cut off is 1:12.213 as of edit. Only a tenth difference but that tenth gets me in at present!

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2018 12:54:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#305 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:52:43 AM(UTC)
Well I finally broke into the top 10% on the Brickyard after turning on TCS, but I'm still too slow to catch Conor or the others.

I didn't really drive on the Grand Prix circuit enough to know where I stand.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

2 users liked this post.
#306 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:14:54 AM(UTC)
I gave the grand Prix another run, was sitting 1:12.571, at 12%. I've tried a couple times to beat it, and I'm chasing my own target time from another player.

I wasn't even close for several laps, busting each one, finally still dirtying the lap, I hit two laps in a row where I'd almost beat my time. Next lap was a carry over dirty lap, and I beat my time by a couple hundredths. Following lap starts clean, stays clean and I set a 1:11.765, good enough to be at 8% right now.
#307 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:54:14 AM(UTC)
While it's entirely possible and within the rules that Newgarden, Hinchcliffe or Daly could improve their times between now and the 7th, I think the probability that they'll improve is low. When you're the designated bounty, it's generally considered to be unsportsmanlike to improve your time right before the event ends. This also means Wickens probably won't set a time either.

That being said, I still ran some laps on the road course last night to put a few more tenths between myself and Newgarden just in case. I don't have anything left for the Brickyard. .03 ahead of Newgarden will have to suffice.
#308 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 11:33:21 AM(UTC)
Wickens still might, that was Mechberg's comment during #ForzaFriday's stream.
#309 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 12:11:48 PM(UTC)
Ovals are not my thing.

I got a 38.5 on the oval, and 09.7 on the GP.
 1 user liked this post.
#310 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:17:57 PM(UTC)
Leaderboard times as of 8pm Pacific June 5th:

Indy Oval | GP
0:38.119 | 1:07.177 - worldwide top times (42,372 / 27,433 players)
0:38.287 | 1:09.869 JNRACERTPX2 - Josef Newgarden (#447 / #454 worldwide)
0:38.312 | 1:11.539 Hinchcliffe5 - James Hinchcliffe
0:38.493 | 1:11.530 Kart2221 - Conor Daly
0.38.535 | 1:12.214 - top 10%
time not set yet Wickens6 - Robert Wickens

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:39:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#311 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:35:33 AM(UTC)
For what it's worth, Wickens6 is online and currently setting his time on the GP circuit.
#312 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:54:03 AM(UTC)
Ugh, Wickens on the oval 38:332! I kinda wanted the Fleek suit. I'm at 38:434 and I don't think I can squeeze another tenth of a second out of a controller. I'll give it another 30 minutes, but definitely not another hour or two.
#313 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:12:09 AM(UTC)
I've done it!!!!!!
38.277!!!!!!
I won all the rewards
I'm very very happy
 1 user liked this post.
#314 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:41:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Credit where credit's due - Newgarden does not make things easy, and the only thing holding his times back is his schedule. I like that, even though 99% of the players won't beat him, for that 1%, he really provides a challenge where other bounty targets have not, and he really makes you earn that victory.
One of "The 50"
#315 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:12:58 AM(UTC)
Have the rewards been sent out yet? I just logged in and have a Civic FE as a gift but none of the rewards stated for the event. I'm just wondering where it came from and why if it's not related to this event.

Edit: Ignore me, just noticed that the IndyCar event is still running, I thought it had finished since the Le Mans event had started. Doesn't explain the Civic though...

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:21:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#316 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:21:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Have the rewards been sent out yet? I just logged in and have a Civic FE as a gift but none of the rewards stated for the event. I'm just wondering where it came from and why if it's not related to this event.

No, as this event it still ongoing the rewards have not been sent out yet.

The Honda Civic FE was a participation prize in one of the May rival events.
#317 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:22:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post

No, as this event it still ongoing the rewards have not been sent out yet.

The Honda Civic FE was a participation prize in one of the May rival events.

Yeah, just noticed that.

Thing is, I had that one. I have two of them now.
#318 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:34:44 AM(UTC)
I'll have to check, but I think Wickens' time as listed above is EXACTLY where I'm sitting. Hope I beat him.
#319 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 11:35:26 AM(UTC)
Did you do the ForzaRC May Competitive training? It was supposed to have an in game reward, but T10 never said what it was. As of last night I had not received the May Honda Rivals reward or the May ForzaRC training rivals reward.

I know one of your Civic's is from the May Honda rivals, so I am now assuming the unspecified reward for the ForzaRC training was also a Civic FE. The only other explanation I could think of is if you unlocked it through the level up reward system and don't remember getting it.
#320 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:03:54 PM(UTC)
Went back for my final runs last night, ~30 laps of GP managed to get my time down to 1:09.794, good enough for #377 worldwide and Top 1% (although curiously only Top 2% in AP, must just be a line-ball rounding thing). Could not for want of trying make any improvement on my Brickyard time of 38.390 though, ovals just don't agree with me and my driving style on controller, and the only wheel I have is a G27 hooked up to my PC (and I refuse to install W10).

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:37:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#321 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:46:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Credit where credit's due - Newgarden does not make things easy, and the only thing holding his times back is his schedule. I like that, even though 99% of the players won't beat him, for that 1%, he really provides a challenge where other bounty targets have not, and he really makes you earn that victory.

Couldn't agree more. Impressive to say the least. Credit to the T10 devs in that real world racing/driving techniques convert extremely well into making you a better Forza driver/racer. All drivers in this event IMO have set pretty respectable times. Considering they have probably never played the game prior.

I have not found these events as hard as my first bounty event (Dan, Ford, Laguna). Once I learnt how to shave time it's all been downhill from there. Just apply those techniques to each event, bang out some laps (sometimes there's a few of those) and claim rewards :D

1 user liked this post.
#322 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:11:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Did you do the ForzaRC May Competitive training? It was supposed to have an in game reward, but T10 never said what it was. As of last night I had not received the May Honda Rivals reward or the May ForzaRC training rivals reward.

I know one of your Civic's is from the May Honda rivals, so I am now assuming the unspecified reward for the ForzaRC training was also a Civic FE. The only other explanation I could think of is if you unlocked it through the level up reward system and don't remember getting it.

He probably got the first civic fe from level up. Many people got it at their next level up after they put it in game. I did, same with the RSR, which I now have 3 of.
#323 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:14:52 PM(UTC)
Managed to do well in this event by beating all the IndyCar drivers in both events, especially Josef Newgarden, in which this event was also my personal redemption for failing to beat him in October. Going to get 16/16 of all the available prizes, including the Chevy SS and Vintage Astronaut gear. This event was difficult, but it was also fun at the same time. Managed to push myself beyond my limits by ending up on the top 1% on the global leaderboards. Since the November Bounty Hunter (Dan Greenawalt, Ford GT350R, Laguna Seca), which was the first BH event I succeeded in, I have been doing better each time. John Hindhaugh is next since this event is now history and I should not get too excited to ensure good times there.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:15:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#324 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:54:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SincereJacolis Go to Quoted Post
Managed to do well in this event by beating all the IndyCar drivers in both events, especially Josef Newgarden, in which this event was also my personal redemption for failing to beat him in October. Going to get 16/16 of all the available prizes, including the Chevy SS and Vintage Astronaut gear. This event was difficult, but it was also fun at the same time. Managed to push myself beyond my limits by ending up on the top 1% on the global leaderboards. Since the November Bounty Hunter (Dan Greenawalt, Ford GT350R, Laguna Seca), which was the first BH event I succeeded in, I have been doing better each time. John Hindhaugh is next since this event is now history and I should not get too excited to ensure good times there.

Not quite over yet but you would be hoping they wont come back and set a quicker time in the next 20 hours or so or however long is left

Edited by user Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:55:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#325 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:04:46 PM(UTC)
Leaderboard times as of 8pm Pacific June 6th:

Indy Oval | GP
0:38.119 | 1:07.177 - worldwide top times (42,956 / 27,765 players)
0:38.287 | 1:09.869 JNRACERTPX2 - Josef Newgarden (#458 / #462 worldwide)
0:38.312 | 1:11.539 Hinchcliffe5 - James Hinchcliffe
0:38.493 | 1:11.530 Kart2221 ConorDaly22 - Conor Daly
__________ 1:12.222 top 10% GP
0:38.332 | 1:12.287 Wickens6 - Robert Wickens
0.38.535 _________ top 10% Oval

Rewards – Brickyard Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2015 Nissan NISMO IDx
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Mime Driver Gear