25 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:59:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
As long as this is optional for single player, it's ok. I dont want to see esports changing the way single player is handled.
I very much agree.

I am totally not a fan of esports. If these changes are mandatory in single player, well then thats it for me. I will then just stick with the Horizon series, unless they mess that up too.

I’m sorry; am I missing something, here? How would SP be negatively affected?

4 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:02:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

Would definitely affect the people who want to cut the track and ram the AI out of the way to get their wins in the career.
 3 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:03:13 PM(UTC)
Thank you Turn 10 for finally getting on this. I've been a long time advocate of penalties and it looks like at long last something is being done.

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:18:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:04:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

Would definitely affect the people who want to cut the track and ram the AI out of the way to get their wins in the career.

but that's not negative, that would stop the negative driving of some people though
 3 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:05:50 PM(UTC)
I'm all for stopping corner cutting, ramming and cheating but If the track limit is as tight as it shows in the video, that's really ridiculous. Your tire can't even touch the strips at the edge or even go a little off track in areas that are designed for it in real life. Really stupid decision that will make it like racing on rails in my opinion. Not realistic at all.
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:06:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

but that's not negative, that would stop the negative driving of some people though

Yeah that’s what I thought it sounded like. I haven’t watched the video yet; do the tighter tracks seem to be leading to more quicksand? If not, then placing a wheel wrong won’t be so bad, just resulting in a “dirty” lap, which hardly matters in SP.

To wit:

Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Your tire can't even touch the strips at the edge or even go a little off track in areas that are designed for it in real life.

What happens if your tire touches the strips, from what you can tell from the vid?

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:11:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:11:55 PM(UTC)

Didn't say it was negative, just that that's the only reason I can see to be disappointed by it.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:12:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soldier2DEnd Go to Quoted Post
Collision detection looks promising. But I'm not sure if it could differentiate between an actual collision or a lag bump. There's times where small bumps get amplified for the player getting hit and sometimes the player that hit them didn't even touch their car.

There's definitely some challenges to note of but nevertheless, I'm happy to see the initiative to push Forza towards a more mature and professional mindset.

They not only can differentiate but also have the perfect system for that. In Horizon, the game can tell a strong hit from a weak one, and not break your skill chain with weak bumps. I expect something like that to be added to their penalty system.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:13:22 PM(UTC)
Time attack, corrected track limits, what's not to like!
 3 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:20:30 PM(UTC)

Yeah that’s what I thought it sounded like. I haven’t watched the video yet; do the tighter tracks seem to be leading to more quicksand? If not, then placing a wheel wrong won’t be so bad, just resulting in a “dirty” lap, which hardly matters in SP.

To wit:

Your tire can't even touch the strips at the edge or even go a little off track in areas that are designed for it in real life.

What happens if your tire touches the strips, from what you can tell from the vid?

The blue boundry line is along the edge of the pavement and NOT on the outer edge of the strip or in areas where cars are given some wiggle room in real life. Very unrealistic. It seems violating this line would cause a penalty which should not be the case. Watch the actual video.

#36 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:22:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Mick Go to Quoted Post
Time attack, corrected track limits, what's not to like!

Not suggesting that what they showed wasn't quite positive, but would have liked them to have announced that we will get some tracks, the game is desperately in need of them. New cars are good too and there are tons missing I'd like, but I put tracks as a much higher priority.

I'd also like the "regulations" thing or whatever to have a toggle for the races that makes it so laps aren't dirtied by drafting. Would open up some options for qualifying as touring car qualifying sessions at places like Salzburgring are interesting because teammates will often attempt to take turns giving each other the draft during the session. Would also open us up for Pirelli World Challenge styled "qualifying" by organizing the grid for the second race off of the lap times from the first race.

I imagine the problem is getting the game to differentiate the times that are "clean w/draft" vs "clean clean" to post to the scoreboard. I'm sure there's a way it could be worked with though.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:24:36 PM(UTC)

Which affects no one else while within single player. Which is why this feature should not be involved with it. If you want it, activate it. But it should be a toggle option.

I can see the use for online play, but single player, it should not be a thing.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:28:26 PM(UTC)
I'm sure it will be an option, just like simulation damage and the other assists.

The Forza games have always tried to be inclusive, they still want children to be able to play them.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:30:18 PM(UTC)

Which affects no one else while within single player. Which is why this feature should not be involved with it. If you want it, activate it. But it should be a toggle option.

If can post to boards, then will be a thing.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:35:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Then have it if disabled, it is an automatic dirty lap

Then yet again. It won't matter. Career mode leaderbords aren't that important anyway

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Then have it if disabled, it is an automatic dirty lap

Then yet again. It won't matter. Career mode leaderbords aren't that important anyway

Big call. Exhibition boards were heavily run in FM2. Entire cars were built and tuned just to run those events. It was great to see them back in 7.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:57:36 PM(UTC)

To wit:

The blue boundry line is along the edge of the pavement and NOT on the outer edge of the strip or in areas where cars are given some wiggle room in real life. Very unrealistic. It seems violating this line would cause a penalty which should not be the case. Watch the actual video.

It's not unrealistic at all.

In physical racing the rules state the track is denoted by marked white and/or yellow lines on either side of the track and does not include ripple strips or curbs. --> EDITED - ORIGINAL --> Place two or more wheels outside of the marked track and you get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game. <-- EDITED - ORIGINAL <--

--> EDIT - NEW --> Keep two or more wheels inside of the marked track and you will not get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game. <-- EDIT - NEW <--

Edited by user Friday, May 18, 2018 1:30:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: poor English.

7 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:04:33 PM(UTC)

To wit:

From the video you can see that it still requires all four tires to be outside the boundary for it to count as a dirty lap or give you a penalty.
In the first image you can see that he has 2 wheels of the track boundary with no dirty lap icon or penalty time.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZ6YFfTF14mkMJkbXw3cnjbsfbGag

In this image he has all 4 wheels of the track boundary and the penalty system starts and the dirty lap icon shows.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZ6YFfTF14mkMJlr2bE_m7PVeMyHA

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:06:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoveredHydra44 Go to Quoted Post
In physical racing the rules state the track is denoted by marked white and/or yellow lines on either side of the track and does not include ripple strips or curbs. Place two or more wheels outside of the marked track and you get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game.

Two wheels off the track is fine, even three if you go by the current FIA regs

2018 Formula 1 Sporting Regulations wrote:
Article 27.3 Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not
deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason.
Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and,
for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part
of the track but the kerbs are not.

Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is
safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race
director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he
gained by leaving the track.
 3 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:25:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoveredHydra44 Go to Quoted Post

It's not unrealistic at all.

In physical racing the rules state the track is denoted by marked white and/or yellow lines on either side of the track and does not include ripple strips or curbs. Place two or more wheels outside of the marked track and you get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game.

In real racing the rumble stripes are used on a regular basis.

30 second mark being the worst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnbKVmcWxA

These guys are on the rumble stripes every turn and are even air born a few times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAFRS5r2g8E

Every car in this video is on the rumble strip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--2U1jFTBM

#46 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:25:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FTR Cervy Go to Quoted Post
"Here at T10 we recognize that there is a big difference in player skill in multiplayer and we are aware of griefers. So to help fix this we've completely redrawn the track limits for every ribbon!"

...how does that stop griefers in any way? New track limits won't stop people from cutting and it does nothing to combat wreckers even though Mechburg said that it was designed for that purpose. Am I missing something here?

It will stop the very clean racers from ramming the clean cutters for cutting the track.

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:32:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:24:11 PM(UTC)
Also cutting causes a lot of the wrecking. Those who cut I think don't know and obviously don't care where they will re-enter the track which causes all sorts of wrecks, accidents, incidents and revenge attacks that never should have even occurred.

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:26:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:39:48 PM(UTC)
We know very little ATM, it's best to wait, really.

I'm sure you'll be able to turn the limits off in single player, as the limit tapes seem to be an assist much like the driving line.

I think (or rather, hope) that the penalty will only kick in when the whole car leaves the track. The version shown in the video is still in development.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 3 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:46:44 PM(UTC)
I believe 2 wheels off (or outside of the white lines) is the norm for racing. Definitely not the whole car. It is very simple, stay within the white lines on either side of the track. The whole car cannot be past those lines as far as I know. It is still a wait and see for me but fingers crossed.

From the Forza RC rulebook

"Two wheels – Two Wheels must remain in between the white (sometimes yellow) lines defining the track. Curbs are NOT part of the track, so 2 wheels have to be on the tarmac at every time. This does not apply to situations in which it happens occasionally but as soon as this is your racing line or you get an advantage with doing it, it can be penalized. This rule applies when collisions are set to "Default" or "Always On." When collisions are set to "Always Off," Forza track boundaries are used."

Edited by user Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:03:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:25:18 PM(UTC)
Looking forward to the week in review, not played FM7 for months due to the state of the online racing and lack of class based leaderboards. Given the track limit changes and potential penalty system, I might get back into hotlapping and online racing again. Interesting to see, and I do hope T10 actually deliver.
25 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error