14 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 4:10:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAT trashman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
I'd really like to know what the 16 rewards are and what you have to do to get each one.

As far as the prizes who knows, but I’d assume with 4 bounties on 2 tracks if you beat them all that’s 8 prizes with 1 participation prize for each track bringing it to 10. Then prizes for being in the top 10, 25 and 50th percentile on each brings it to 16 total.

i hope its not like that tho. i want everyone to beable to get all 16 pirzes
#52 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 4:59:21 AM(UTC)
Maybe they give the top ten a legendary badge.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 5:06:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke Vn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DAT trashman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
I'd really like to know what the 16 rewards are and what you have to do to get each one.

As far as the prizes who knows, but I’d assume with 4 bounties on 2 tracks if you beat them all that’s 8 prizes with 1 participation prize for each track bringing it to 10. Then prizes for being in the top 10, 25 and 50th percentile on each brings it to 16 total.

i hope its not like that tho. i want everyone to beable to get all 16 pirzes

That is exactly how it's set up.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

3 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 6:13:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xX DrSpeed Xx Go to Quoted Post
Great event .... Will the tire wall hack be addressed? I feel it takes away from the spirit of the competition

It's not a "hack" but rather a side-effect of how Turn 10 create track limit boundaries. I won't bore you with the details other than to say that every Track on an Environment uses the same "dirty lap area".

A solid tyre wall at Turn 7 would remove the biggest track limit issue with Indianapolis GP but it's not the only place where going over the white lines results in a clean lap. Unless Turn 10 update the track (not likely) or examine every single lap submitted (also not likely) the rule is going to be "if the game says it's clean, it's clean".

Whether or not you want to add more rules on top of that to "limit yourself to the spirit of competition" is up to you, but people will exploit the track limit issues that Indianapolis GP has because the game says it's totally fine. That is the definition of playing to win: to take advantage of everything that is allowed.

These track limit issues have been around since Forza Motorsport 6 (possibly even Forza Motorsport 5) so if they're not "fixed" it's likely because it cannot be done, or is not a priority compared to the other issues these games have.

Side note:

Indianapolis GP is the only track in Forza Motorsport 7 that is banned from use in my racing club's sessions. We go by "Forza Clean" track limits (it keeps things fair and simple) but Turn 7 is such an outlier that it warrants not using the track at all. It is the worst "this line should not be clean" corner in the entire game, by a considerable margin.

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 6:37:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#55 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:22:00 AM(UTC)
Well having just watched the top replay. Two tyre walls get driven straight through and the handbrake is used (quite cleverly I might add) to rotate the car the twice. I'm by no means an Indy expert but I'd be surprised if they came with hand brakes Irl😂kinda sums things up perfectly
#56 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:54:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Big Scissors911 Go to Quoted Post
Well having just watched the top replay. Two tyre walls get driven straight through and the handbrake is used (quite cleverly I might add) to rotate the car the twice. I'm by no means an Indy expert but I'd be surprised if they came with hand brakes Irl😂kinda sums things up perfectly

This actually makes me feel a bit better about being 7 seconds off pace when trying a few laps last night. I'm not good by any means, but being that far off with a 1:07 fastest lap time is pretty far.

#57 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 11:04:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Big Scissors911 Go to Quoted Post

I really can’t stand players who exploit video games’ assists or any other exploit to gain an advantage. Was playing leagues last night and one player just nonchalantly cut several corners at COTA West and got to the lead, only to be derailed a lap later by a corner’s tyre barrier 😂

And No, Indycar’s don’t have handbrakes.
#58 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 11:15:52 AM(UTC)
Yes I agree corner cutting in a race is vile and I wish anyone who does it a slow and painful death .. or at least some karma dished out by a tyre wall. However rivals is a bit different, while some wrestle with the moral dilemma, track limits are defined by the game and thus apply to everyone. So either stick to your guns, or if you can't beat em join em.. either way it boils down to a personal choice. The game shouldn't make us make such a morale decision but it does

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 11:17:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:29:38 PM(UTC)
Gamertags and prizes were named in the Week in Review:
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_5_11_18

JNRACERTPX2 - Josef Newgarden
Kart2221 - Conor Daly
Hinchcliffe5 - James Hinchcliffe
Wickens6 - Robert Wickens

"These four drivers will be competing in both IndyCar Challenge events throughout the month of May. Make sure you add their gamertags to your Xbox friends list so you can follow their progress on the event leaderboards."

Rewards – Brickyard Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2015 Nissan NISMO IDx
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Mime Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Forza Edition

Rewards – Grand Prix Circuit Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - Astronaut Classic Driver Gear
Beat Conor Daly - 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
Beat James Hinchcliffe - Vintage Driver Cravat Driver Gear
Beat Robert Wickens - 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2013 Mazda MX-5
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Autocrat Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1980 Subaru Brat GL Forza Edition
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:37:26 PM(UTC)
Really t10. The car hits limiter on the oval!?!?!?! Only you could ruin turning left with the throttle pinned smh
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:04:07 PM(UTC)
[quote=ManteoMax;915860]

/quote]

Awesome! More lies coming to light. When will this one make it's way to the Specialty Dealer as promised?
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:09:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IR STiGGLES Go to Quoted Post
Really t10. The car hits limiter on the oval!?!?!?! Only you could ruin turning left with the throttle pinned smh

When you get to 238mph slightly lift off throttle so you stay at that speed instead of bouncing off the limiter and going down to 230ish. Then as soon as you start turning just full throttle again, same on the back straight.
#63 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:25:22 PM(UTC)
Yeah no kidding lol ^^^

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 1:30:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:50:01 PM(UTC)
I would really love to do this event. Unfortunately, I'll only have a little time this weekend to set some times, then I'm going on vacation to the Indy 500. I'm leaving Monday for three weeks to watch qualifying, practice, and the race. I wont be back until June 3rd. I hope the event is still going on then and I can set some good times.
 4 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:03:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Rewards – Brickyard Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2015 Nissan NISMO IDx
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Mime Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Forza Edition

Rewards – Grand Prix Circuit Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - Astronaut Classic Driver Gear
Beat Conor Daly - 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
Beat James Hinchcliffe - Vintage Driver Cravat Driver Gear
Beat Robert Wickens - 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Autocrat Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1980 Subaru Brat GL Forza Edition

I think the prizes could've been distributed better. I don't think it'd be too assuming of me to say that cars that haven't been offered before are the most desirable rewards amongst the community, with standard cars being more enticing than FEs (as most if not all FEs have a standard counterpart already available). In the GP Circuit Event, it's not so bad; top 10% will get you the NC Miata, the rest of the cars many already have because of past events or it's the participation prize. However, the Chevy SS being locked behind a driver that's already proven he can run exceptionally fast times, with only a low single-digit percent of participants being able to beat him? Ouch. :/
One of "The 50"
#66 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:11:21 PM(UTC)
How many Audi TT RSes are we going to get? Aren't there still locked cars out there?
#67 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:18:21 PM(UTC)
Where is my Tamo Racemo tho :( !

Nice bounty hunter nevertheless, even thought I hate ovals.

Top 10% on the oval and %1 on the GP for now
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:25:45 PM(UTC)
Well there goes my dream to drive the 2014 Chevy SS
 4 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 3:21:48 PM(UTC)
Chevy SS for beating Newgarden... I know it's a sort of redundant car but, really, why a unique one instead of a memento such as unique Driver Gear?

The lower prizes are, quite frankly, drivel, especially when the Impala FE has been awarded as a participation gift a week or so ago for one of the ForzaRC events.

Actually, scrap that. The whole gift management by Turn 10 has been out of sync with the community's needs. We've been getting cars from the Specialty Dealer in currently-running Forzathons, cars from the Specialty Dealer in Leagues, cars from one month's Bounty Hunter in the following month's Leagues, random gifts no one knows where they came from, repeated participation gifts in a short period of time, and obviously the gifts for the ForzaRC streams.

It's not an absolutely terrible thing, but it's definitely very weird. Sounds like the people picking the gifts need to actually play the game and see what's going on!
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 6 users liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 5:20:32 PM(UTC)
I know I'm pretty negative normally anyway, but what a miserable pair of events.

The oval is mind-numbingly boring, annoying on a controller, and since they gave us a car with a default tune and we have to lift, it just isn't any fun to try to improve the time. Ran maybe 30 laps total, got a 38.358 and I hope that's good enough for the prizes because I really doubt I can stomach another 40 laps looking for the few hundredths I feel I have available to me.

Never really liked the Indy road course anyway, but in my opinion it really brings out the worst of the Indy cars in this game. They understeer so badly, and the flat 90 degree corners just exaggerate it. Instead of feeling like I need to improve a sequence of corners or something, I feel like I just need to do a better job fighting the car's horrible understeer... Which isn't fun and doesn't really inspire me to put much effort in. Ran like 12 laps with no cutting and got an 11.544 but I guess if that's not good enough I can go back and cut the corners.

Kind of amuses me they would have an event at the Indy road course though, as that track especially highlights how poor of a job they have done with the track limits and how little they care about the integrity of the driving in this game. Really shows off how professional the game is when their top eSports drivers are blowing through tire stacks and cutting 2 car-widths inside the track limits. On the plus side, I kinda doubt any of the bounties are going to be abusing the system in the same manner, so that might make their times more attainable for a larger portion of the community. I'd love to hear what the pros say when they watch a replay for any of the top times on the board.

Echoing what is said above, the prize distribution is bad and whoever is in charge of that should feel bad.

Edited by user Friday, May 11, 2018 5:34:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 5:28:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Chevy SS for beating Newgarden... I know it's a sort of redundant car but, really, why a unique one instead of a memento such as unique Driver Gear?

The lower prizes are, quite frankly, drivel, especially when the Impala FE has been awarded as a participation gift a week or so ago for one of the ForzaRC events.

Actually, scrap that. The whole gift management by Turn 10 has been out of sync with the community's needs. We've been getting cars from the Specialty Dealer in currently-running Forzathons, cars from the Specialty Dealer in Leagues, cars from one month's Bounty Hunter in the following month's Leagues, random gifts no one knows where they came from, repeated participation gifts in a short period of time, and obviously the gifts for the ForzaRC streams.

It's not an absolutely terrible thing, but it's definitely very weird. Sounds like the people picking the gifts need to actually play the game and see what's going on!

This ^^^^^^ above totally sums the madness of the gifting process thus far. Most Bounty Hunter Challenge cars have been re-gifted via live stream participation, while the Inaugural Bounty Hunter Challenge cars remain locked from nearly the launch of this game. We are over 7 months deep in to this game now.

And absolutely positively don't be the poster that says " Well you can obtain any of the previously unlocked cars via winning a Photo / Livery Contest. " That doesn't wash with me in any way shape or form. The same people routinely win those contests over and over again. If the same pool of players (numbers wise) were winning those cars via Rival events, basically no one would be unlocking any cars. To be perfectly honest locked cars don't bother me personally. What bothers me is the way things are handled when gifting them. Like the massive amounts of duplication and the Randomly Gifted cars to some players with no explanation as to why.

I realize that people working for Turn 10 have a life outside this game, but it would take as little as maybe 5-10 minutes a month of their time to clear some of these questions up. I thought Mechberg was a Community Team Member, barring week in review and some stream time, where is the interaction with the Community actively posting on these forums. After all isn't this a community event. I have come to the conclusion that maybe its Microsoft telling the Turn 10 staff to have as a little communication with us as possible. Like seriously 5- 10 minutes a month of their time would yield so much good will for this game thru the eyes of the community. I know it all falls on deaf ears, but NightDriver's post struck a cord with me and I had to say something.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 7:33:25 PM(UTC)
I'm willing to wager that the distribution of exclusive cars behind top 10% times or a top 400 driver is based on the intent to continue making them available for participating in the Forza RC livestreams. Adding to the pool now allows them to keep viewership up through season 2 and into the finals. I can't be bothered any more to do the math on it, but figure out how many previous BH rewards are left, add these to it, subtract the remaining Wednesday showdowns, and you'll likely have how many more are left after this. I don't like it, but that seems to be the core of what Forza Motorsport has become.

The good news is, assuming that pattern sticks and specific to the bounty rewards, those who said "be patient, the cars will be available again" were right.
#73 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 7:43:03 PM(UTC)
OK, someone give me some tips for the oval. I'm usually around top 5% when these are all said and done but after about 30 laps I'm sitting at top 60%. I'm obviously missing something.
#74 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 7:43:53 PM(UTC)
Damn the SS (the only car I want) is a prize for beating Newgarden...

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 8:27:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post
OK, someone give me some tips for the oval. I'm usually around top 5% when these are all said and done but after about 30 laps I'm sitting at top 60%. I'm obviously missing something.

To be quite frank there really isn't much that can be done. I am assuming you're playing with a pad controller. That being said, having a wheel would be one advantage. Lifting the throttle at the precise time to keep from bouncing off the rev-limiter would also help. I haven't personally dug into this Oval Challenge much, only throwing down a few laps yesterday. What I know for sure is that your line on the track will mean everything in relation to your overall lap time. Unlike Road Courses where you can afford to lose some time in certain parts only to make it up and then some in other parts of the track. Here every tiny, almost unmeasurable input you make is going to have some effect on your lap time, hence why so much harder with pad than wheel.

Try adjusting your dead zones for the steering inputs. Make note when to lift the throttle and pay very close attention to your lines on the track. Like I said I haven't put many laps in yet but I have a feeling being extremely close to the wall , much like the real INDYCARS do at time trials is going to be key in keeping your overall speed at a maximum, which will be tough to do with a pad controller.

When its all said and done good lap times and bad lap times aren't going to be separated by much more then a few tenths of second. You can lose tenths far more easily with nervous steering inputs than you would think. The worst part about that is once you lost them on a given lap you are never getting them back like you can on a Road Course. Your entry speed into your set up lap also plays a huge determining factor, more so than any Road Course lap.

Hope some of this helps and good luck.
14 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error