14 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 7 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 11:10:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be awesome if it's four bounties, that is, if Newgarden brings in his teammates from Penske. Castroneves will only drive the Indy 500 and Indy GP from now on, but he'll do it for Penske, and this makes it four with him, Will Power and Simon Pagenaud. Can't wait!

After winning the Torana from Josef's CBH, I painted it up like his Hitachi IndyCar, printed it out and had Josef, Will and Simon sign it at the Long Beach GP. I had to explain to Simon and Will what they were signing, but Simon did turn to Josef and ask, "How come I didn't know about this?" Will thought it was cool that the reward car was a Torana.

So if Josef's friends are the rest of Team Penske, this might be partly my fault. Sorry. :-)

If Josef's friends aren't from Team Penske but are all active IndyCar drivers, who would you want to face in a CBH? Hinch, Bourdais and Rahal would be my picks.

I think this may be the first time I say “cool story bro” and actually mean it. Cool story bro.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:24:20 AM(UTC)
Il be taking the participation reward now lol
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:42:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST DeathGrips Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be awesome if it's four bounties, that is, if Newgarden brings in his teammates from Penske. Castroneves will only drive the Indy 500 and Indy GP from now on, but he'll do it for Penske, and this makes it four with him, Will Power and Simon Pagenaud. Can't wait!

After winning the Torana from Josef's CBH, I painted it up like his Hitachi IndyCar, printed it out and had Josef, Will and Simon sign it at the Long Beach GP. I had to explain to Simon and Will what they were signing, but Simon did turn to Josef and ask, "How come I didn't know about this?" Will thought it was cool that the reward car was a Torana.

So if Josef's friends are the rest of Team Penske, this might be partly my fault. Sorry. :-)

If Josef's friends aren't from Team Penske but are all active IndyCar drivers, who would you want to face in a CBH? Hinch, Bourdais and Rahal would be my picks.

I think this may be the first time I say “cool story bro” and actually mean it. Cool story bro.

This is the coolest thing about American motorsport, this interaction. If it was F1 you'd probably not have even been allowed into the paddock.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:55:07 AM(UTC)
wha do yall think the prize cars will be. i think the 97 civic fe will bw one
 3 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:38:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke Vn Go to Quoted Post

It's a reward for one of the other Rivals events. I doubt they would offer the same prize twice in the same month.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:07:42 PM(UTC)
What is Josef gamertag on xbl?
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:26:18 PM(UTC)
For the previous Newgarden Bounty Hunter event, the gamertag was JNRACERTPX2
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:32:16 PM(UTC)
While watching today's NA region ForzaRC broadcast, Mechberg mentioned the upcoming Newgarden rival events. We'll get all the details on Friday, but he said there would be two Rival events and name dropped Conor Daly and James Hinchcliffe as two of the drivers joking Newgarden in the event.

This is going to be very cool.
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:27:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

It's a reward for one of the other Rivals events. I doubt they would offer the same prize twice in the same month.

It showed up as a level up reward for me yesterday.

#35 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:55:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

It showed up as a level up reward for me yesterday.

yeah there are two ways to get it i belive
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 7:28:36 AM(UTC)
I don't need two of them but it's cool that there are, indeed, two. Seems Turn 10 is aware they need to advertise their Rivals events a little better, so they also made it available to people who don't visit Rivals. It's also an apology for last month's bug.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 3 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:59:31 PM(UTC)
The in-game promo and Rivals events are up (in the ForzaRC submenu)

2 Rivals events
4 Pro IndyCar drivers
16 Prizes available

"Earn an in-game reward for each driver you beat! Plus earn extra rewards for placing in the top 10, 25, and 50th percentile on the leaderboards!"

Brickyard: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
  • Division = Indycar, Rental Only (Homologated)
  • Restrictions = No Friction Assist
  • Track: Indy Oval

Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
  • Track: Indy GP
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:24:22 PM(UTC)
16 rewards?!

🇨🇦
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 7:23:41 PM(UTC)
I'd really like to know what the 16 rewards are and what you have to do to get each one.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 7:43:06 PM(UTC)
We'll find out either in the Week in Review or #ForzaFriday stream tomorrow, whichever comes first.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 7:43:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
I'd really like to know what the 16 rewards are and what you have to do to get each one.

As far as the prizes who knows, but I’d assume with 4 bounties on 2 tracks if you beat them all that’s 8 prizes with 1 participation prize for each track bringing it to 10. Then prizes for being in the top 10, 25 and 50th percentile on each brings it to 16 total.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:41:56 PM(UTC)
Great event .... Will the tire wall hack be addressed? I feel it takes away from the spirit of the competition
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:26:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Brickyard: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
  • Track: Indy Oval

Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
  • Track: Indy GP
    Note: Unless Mechberg states otherwise, what the game considers clean is a clean lap.

I have never seen this stated before in any of the Rival Events, however I may have missed it if it was. I guess you're saying some lap times may be reviewed thru some sort of adjudication process if Mechberg states that Turn 10 deems it necessary. Don't get me wrong I am 100% for track limits being strictly enforced, and always do my best to adhere to them, even error on the side of caution. That being said, bringing a human element into a hot lapping contest, for judging track limits doesn't seem like a good idea.

That's just my 2 cents on this, and like I said I am all for strictly enforced track limits, but if this happens nothing else comes to mind except a HUGE CAN OF WORMS. Any exploits for track limits should already be fixed anyways.
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:48:21 AM(UTC)
The oval is definitely going to favour those with pedals, the car hits the limiter on each straight a 237mph/381-2 km/h and you immediately lose 6mph/10km/h. Its pretty trick on the pad to roll out just the right amount to keep it a 236, but I did gain a tenth and a half. A low 38 is good for the top 5% as of 11/05.

If anyone is struggling to be smooth in the corners, try pushing the stick forward and then rolling to side and then roll back to the top on the exit.
#45 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:05:53 AM(UTC)
Day #1-
Oval is horrible with a controller, but I managed a 38.4 (#104). Goal is a 38.3.
GP circuit is alright, but has so much to cut, but managed a 1:09.8(#16). Goal is 1:09.4

Can't wait to see what the prizes are.
#46 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:11:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
The oval is definitely going to favour those with pedals, the car hits the limiter on each straight a 237mph/381-2 km/h and you immediately lose 6mph/10km/h. Its pretty trick on the pad to roll out just the right amount to keep it a 236, but I did gain a tenth and a half. A low 38 is good for the top 5% as of 11/05.

If anyone is struggling to be smooth in the corners, try pushing the stick forward and then rolling to side and then roll back to the top on the exit.

You want to try to keep the car at 237mph. Front straight doesn't like 238, but the back straight you can hit 238 for a very short time. I was pulsing the gas as soon as I hit 237/238, I would drop 1-2mph, instead of the 5-7mph when hitting the rev limiter.

Going from a 38.7 to a 38.4 took me at least 40 laps doing this. It is quite difficult to keep an eye on the speed and trying to hit the corners smoothly. Really wish the car had some more straight line speed without interference with the rev limiter.
#47 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:43:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post

Never had any luck with that technique... in the previous games anyway. Not sure I've given it a shot in 7, but I don't expect different results.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:58:41 AM(UTC)
Lol I'd be lucky to finish in the top 1 trillion lol 16 rewards il take whatever I can get my hands on
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 3:20:07 AM(UTC)
16 rewards is a lot. I wonder how many of them are actual locked cars?
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#50 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 3:35:43 AM(UTC)
16 rewards is a lot. I wonder how many of them are actual locked cars?

I'm guessing some repeats from previous events and some driver gear
14 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error