3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:25:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

If that's not your thing then there are other contact racing options in leagues for you.

if only that were true. it took me 4 days of loading the game up when I had a chance to play it and the sim leagues were closed and only the ghost league was open.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:26:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Apak SL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
In Ghost leagues you race against humans.

The popular divisions in Ghost are usually packed with people. Early Sport Touring and Forza P2 had more than 15 players in each lobby when I tried them.

in ghost league you do not race against humans. you just all happen to be racing the same track in single player mode at the same time. it's not racing if you dont have to battle for position.

Last time I checked I was human

but you're not racing anybody else in ghost league. only yourself. the fact that there are winners at the end is arbitrary.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:40:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
In Ghost leagues you race against humans.

The popular divisions in Ghost are usually packed with people. Early Sport Touring and Forza P2 had more than 15 players in each lobby when I tried them.

in ghost league you do not race against humans. you just all happen to be racing the same track in single player mode at the same time. it's not racing if you dont have to battle for position.

Last time I checked I was human

but you're not racing anybody else in ghost league. only yourself. the fact that there are winners at the end is arbitrary.

Yes you are. Its still other people racing in the lobby with you, there is just no contact allowed.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#54 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:41:51 AM(UTC)
So how does this work?

Ive just had a go at the ghost race, came in 11/17, got 140points, still level 5. In one week will i get the charger, then after a month the Merc FE?
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:51:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post
So how does this work?

Ive just had a go at the ghost race, came in 11/17, got 140points, still level 5. In one week will i get the charger, then after a month the Merc FE?

Yes, that is correct. You only need to do one race to get the series and season prize.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#56 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2018 4:17:02 PM(UTC)
The Series 1 reward is now available to collect and Series 2 is open through May 5:

SERIES 2: April 28 - May 5
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Forza Group Rally
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Sport Compact
  • Event 03 – Spec Ghost – 2003 Renault Clio
  • Event 04 – A Class, Cosmetic
    Series Reward: "Crashed, Dummy" suit

Edited by user Saturday, April 28, 2018 5:03:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:53:43 PM(UTC)
I must say I don't like the early facelifted LX Charger, as the front end looks like an elephant, but this one drives really well! For some reason the Hellcat is much more difficult to drive.

The model is a little bit outdated, especially the ForzaVista engine bay which seems straight out of the Xbox 360 games, but the car is very fun to drive and an obvious candidate for Fast and Furious police liveries. :D

Edited by user Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:55:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 7:27:11 AM(UTC)
I must say I don't like the early facelifted LX Charger, as the front end looks like an elephant, but this one drives really well! For some reason the Hellcat is much more difficult to drive.

The model is a little bit outdated, especially the ForzaVista engine bay which seems straight out of the Xbox 360 games, but the car is very fun to drive and an obvious candidate for Fast and Furious police liveries. :D

The SRT has much better road manners than the Hellcat (when all horsepower has been enabled) in 1:1 scale as well. Way too much power for the rest of its mechanicals. I quite like looks of the 2012 Charger, but must admit I really like the front end of the R/T more than the SRT.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 4:58:22 AM(UTC)
I have been playing leagues again for the first time since January and I am really surprised at how many players there are in pinnacle now... not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm also really shocked that it seems like 90% or more are at tier 1. It seems impossible to get de-ranked in this new format and the standard of most of the tier 1 players makes a mockery out of the tier system as well. I'd be interested to know what the population of the lower bands are like now
#60 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:04:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Big Scissors911 Go to Quoted Post
I have been playing leagues again for the first time since January and I am really surprised at how many players there are in pinnacle now... not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm also really shocked that it seems like 90% or more are at tier 1. It seems impossible to get de-ranked in this new format and the standard of most of the tier 1 players makes a mockery out of the tier system as well. I'd be interested to know what the population of the lower bands are like now

My 1st race in Pinnacle was 17 level 1 drivers and me at level 5. I won my 1st race and wondered what is going on here. T10 seem to have gone from one extreme to the other in the point scoring system. Most races there is a gap from 1st to last of 10+ seconds per lap.
I don't think I'm good enough to be classed in Pinnacle. I consider myself above average but not that good. I can usually get in the top 8-10% in rivals events so I would have thought my place to be in Pro or maybe elite. I'm now level 1 in Pinnacle with nowhere to go. Not good.
I'm also a wheel user (G920) and I know in general that costs me around 0.5-1.0 seconds per lap compared to controller drivers. I wish they had a controller type icon in the lobbies so that I could compare my performance with other wheel users.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:24:40 PM(UTC)
The leagues in its current format is dead. Other than the prize it's a hopper. The whole point of them is to match make and to race against others of a similar level. I have friends who struggled to get in to the elite band in fm6 who are now tier 1 pinnacle players. If everyone is a tier 1 pinnacle player- what is the actual point of it?
#62 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:04:48 AM(UTC)
Solutions for league IMO:

1) Decay by series end, not season. Decay makes player lose a full level within the band.
2) Hefty penalties for dirty laps in Ghost. If your best lap is dirty, you earn zero bonuses for position and driver skill as well.
3) Penalties for each collision in Sim and Cosmetic leagues. Amount of points lost increases exponentially.
4) Hefty points penalty for lapped drivers.
5) Lapped drivers are ghosted against drivers on the lead lap.

It's about time Turn 10 stop catering to the casuals and make leagues the competitive haven they should be. Leagues should be the pinnacle of competition in Forza and not democratic. If you want democracy, there's always the breakout hoppers. I'm tired of having to drive at 110% against corner-cutters at Bernese Alps and Yas Marina in Ghost leagues.

While we're at it, even though I didn't mind the ban, make the breakout hoppers free for all again, with no banned cars. Standard driving there will not improve just by removing SUVs and F1 cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:07:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#63 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:13:22 AM(UTC)
Some good ideas here👍 especially the points decay. Howver if the scoring format isn't changed people would be back to tier 1 in no time. I don't understand how it's worked out tbh or how drivers who constantly finish at the back either don't lose points or in some cases gain. It can only be the driver skill award points which seems out of kilter. Like I say though I'm not sure. The bands also seem off as previously said. Pinnacle in Fm6 was a ghost town, so they did need to change it, but now it seems like most are in it- does this not make elite and Pro quiet? Personally I thought the old true skill formula was a much better way to match players
#64 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:34:56 AM(UTC)
Trust me, there are plenty at the Grassroots level. so not everyone is at Pinnacle level. When I play there are multiple lobbies with a good number of participant.
#65 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 8:20:57 AM(UTC)
Is that because you don't play often though and what points you do win get eaten up by the decay? As I said I really have no idea but I'm trying to work out if the format is broken or everybody has got exponentially better at the game.... this would mean everybody was capable of beating each other to score points, but I'm just not seeing it!
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:17:17 PM(UTC)
I've not done leagues before and really only want to do it for rewards. So my question is, do I get the rewards no matter what rank/performance/blah or do I need to reach a certain something to get the reward?
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:32:31 PM(UTC)
Doesn’t matter what rank you are. As long as you do at least 1 race/week you will get all the rewards.
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:43:19 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the reply. I do have a follow up question.

I did the Event 3 twice. So if I did no more races for this series, I will get the driving suit at the end of it? Pretty much I just need to do one event for the week and I get the series reward correct?
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:59:44 PM(UTC)
Correct.
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:09:45 PM(UTC)
Quite happy to hear that but also mad at myself for not paying attention to leagues until now. For the record, I defiantly prefer the events that are ghost/no collusion.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:10:36 AM(UTC)
So last night I finally maxed out in the Pinnacle league and to my surprise...there was no reward. I know its the tippy top of the totem pole but not even some CR for reaching it? A million maybe? A little disappointed
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#72 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:08:07 PM(UTC)
New Leagues are open, the last series of the "Storming Motors" season:

SERIES 4: May 12 - 19
  • Event 01 – Ghost – Sport Touring Icons
  • Event 02 – Simulation – Sport GT Icons
  • Event 03 – Spec Sim – Oldsmobile 442
  • Event 04 – ForzaRC – IndyCar, no assists

Series Reward: "Your Majesty" suit
Season Reward: 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG FE

Edited by user Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:09:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:36:34 PM(UTC)
Leagues will end with a bang this month, nice series!
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#74 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 8:33:32 PM(UTC)
A big thank you to turn 10 for the drifting league lobbies. I'm still mediocre at drifting but...man, those were fun.

Finally had a change to give the twerkstallion and a v8 swapped Honda oddessy a good workout.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#75 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:12:03 AM(UTC)
Leagues will end with a bang this month, nice series!

Leagues are ending for good? They only last a few months? I didnt play in the leagues in FM6

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error