This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 5:29:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
When's are next rivals event this weekend ??

None this weekend. The next FRC rivals will be the booster rivals that start on Wednesday/Thursday (depending on where you live in the world).

Am in the UK RPM Swerve love the username were abouts you at in the world

#27 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 1:41:14 PM(UTC)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_4_20_18

Quote:
Round 2 Rivals qualifying happened this week and the Rivals leaderboard shows some very familiar names, with Laige, TX3 Wesley, TPR b0x, and Hard BR composing the top 5. Rounding out the top 10 from this week’s Rivals qualifier are Vitality ASIX, Venom, Lightning, BAM Seven, JSR Commando and his teammate JSR Rossi. These drivers and more will be fighting it out this weekend in our Saturday and Sunday races, looking to further their fortune in Round 2.

It all culminates in in our next Wednesday Showdown, which will be on April 25. As we did in Round 1, we’ll have two broadcasts on that day – one at noon Pacific featuring the European races, and one at 6 p.m. Pacific for our North American races. You can watch all the action at http://watch.forzarc.com – it’s sure to be a fantastic event.
#28 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:52:05 PM(UTC)
If I understand correctly, the top 120 in NA are driving 3 races on Saturday. Any chance finding out what those car/track combos are? I figure race #1 is the 2016 Viper ACR on Silverstone. Maybe that super sweet Dodge Dart GT on the full Nurburgring?
XBOX One S

Custom PC: Intel i5-3570k - ASUS Maximus V Formula - ASUS HD7950 Direct CUii
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 4:13:01 PM(UTC)
its in the handbook, the other 2 races is the napa chevy nascar on Watkins glen full alt and the 2016 bmw m2 coupe on nurburgring gp
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:46:33 PM(UTC)
I was in the top 400 when qualifying was over will I get an invite to race or how does that work?
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 7:01:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Harpazo73 Go to Quoted Post
I was in the top 400 when qualifying was over will I get an invite to race or how does that work?

Check the brackets to see who is hosting your race and be sure to 'friend' them
XBOX One S

#32 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:04:17 AM(UTC)
I am still waiting for the invitation to lobby 6. Noticed that 3 hosts are doing 6 lobbies. Obviously 2 lobbies per host. Does that mean that there is a delay for lobbies 4 5 and 6?
XBOX One S

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:59:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HawxTalon55 Go to Quoted Post
I am still waiting for the invitation to lobby 6. Noticed that 3 hosts are doing 6 lobbies. Obviously 2 lobbies per host. Does that mean that there is a delay for lobbies 4 5 and 6?

You can find the star time for your lobby by clocking on the calendar icon to the right of the name of the lobby host.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:56:19 PM(UTC)
Series 1 Booster 2
Navigate to Single Player > Rivals > ForzaRC menu to find this event This event is open to everyone to earn more Forza Points on the ForzaRC Leaderboard (subject to previous race results; see the Handbook at www.ForzaRC.com where drivers must be registered to participate).

Deadline: 5pm Pacific on April 28

#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:47:27 PM(UTC)
I have not participated in any of the Forza RC races to date...however I am interested in the #2 booster at Maple valley. Do I need to register to be eligible for prizes even though this may be my only event I participate in?
I doubt very much I will do to good but hey one never knows😃

***** Thanks for any responses.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:38:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Series 1 Booster 2
Navigate to Single Player > Rivals > ForzaRC menu to find this event This event is open to everyone to earn more Forza Points on the ForzaRC Leaderboard (subject to previous race results; see the Handbook at www.ForzaRC.com where drivers must be registered to participate).

Deadline: 5pm Pacific on April 28

Il have a rattle at this tonight in about 12 hours time
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
VODs of the April 25 Wednesday Showdown streams, with casters Scott Cole, Alie Tacq, and John Hindhaugh:

EMEA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quz76ZOhY7w
Final standings:
Laige
b0x
Rossi
Mitch
ASIX
MisterJack
Commando
RoadRunner
Seven
Virus
Hyasa
ChemicaL

North America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVAOHyicASI
Final standings:
Lightning
Venom
Harmonic
Bilysoo
Vanquish
Vain
REVZ
ShadowFox
Hurricane
McQueen
CoD3Pro Brizzho
Diablo
#38 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 3:32:25 AM(UTC)
this maple valley booster event is tricky. I thought I was doing good with a 1:30.7xx time but they fastest guys are so much faster than me. some tracks I can be 2 or 3 seconds within their time, but then I come across a high speed track where they just blow everyone away. love seeing the talent of the best drivers.
#39 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 4:58:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
this maple valley booster event is tricky. I thought I was doing good with a 1:30.7xx time but they fastest guys are so much faster than me. some tracks I can be 2 or 3 seconds within their time, but then I come across a high speed track where they just blow everyone away. love seeing the talent of the best drivers.

I agree. I am at 1:30.7xx also and am amazed at the speed that the top players carry through some turns. It's funny that if I can still see Daveyskills ghost at a certain point in the track, I'm on a fast lap. the positives about this event for me are that I'm running hardcore everywhere. Before this event, I was still using a braking line and TCS. I have to relearn tracks for braking points, so I spend a lot of time in the dirt, but overall, I've improved greatly.

I think I need to drop another 2 seconds to be eligible for booster points. I think a lot of the top scores fall out because they have scored more in the races. I'm sure some people are not registered for the event. You just don't know the break point, so you have to drive all out to make the top 100 eligible. (I was in the top 1000, but not in the top 120 NA, so I should be eligible) Maybe? We'll see This weekend when the leaderboard is updated.

Use The Skinny Pedal!!!
#40 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 3:08:45 PM(UTC)
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_4_27_18

Quote:
ForzaRC Wednesday Showdown update
Round 2 of the Forza Racing Championship Series 1 culminated this past Wednesday with our Wednesday Showdown broadcast. There were two shows, with EMEA drivers battling it out in the morning and North American drivers getting to it in the evening. Here’s a look at how all the action unfolded.

EMEA Race 1
Scott Cole, Alie Tacq, and the amazing John Hindhaugh of IMSA fame brought us the coverage of the EMEA Showdown. The Race 1 grid was headed up by the amazing Laige, followed by the challenger b0x, with Mitch and Seven making up the second row. The stage was set for seven laps at Silverstone in the Dodge Viper ACR. As we have seen in the past, Laige loves the clean air and he immediately created some space between himself and the pack while the other racers sorted themselves out. JSR teammates Rossi and Mitch pushed each other, fighting for that third-place spot, with Rossi eventually taking the space. By Lap 4, b0x was pressuring Laige. If they weren’t in cars, Laige would have felt b0x’s breath on his neck. The heat was on but Laige defended, and both drivers drove superbly. The final results: Laige, b0x, and Rossi.

EMEA Race 2
Viewers voted on the Porsche 919 Hybrid for Race 2. The grid was also the same as it was for Silverstone: Laige, b0x, and Mitch, although this time they would meet at the Nürburgring GP track. Just after the first corner, Rossi moved into third, looking to challenge the leaders. All the way through the race, the top three diced and sliced the track, keeping their distances and they protecting their positions. That 919 and all its hybrid horsepower and tremendous downforce allowed the drivers to all be consistent, with clean racing as the standard. On Lap 7, Mitch passed his teammate Rossi and we saw RoadRunner work up a couple slots to fifth in what some say was his favorite racecar. At the finish, Laige took his second win, with b0x behind him, and JSR Mitch in third.

EMEA Race 3
Race 3 featured a reverse grid start at Watkins Glen in the #24 NASCAR. Would these EMEA leaders find their way back to the top or would they suffer in traffic? A huge flying wreck involving RoadRunner and Virus rocked the start of lap one and ended Roadrunner’s race. MisterJack, Chemical and Commando held the lead, with no big moves made. At the end of Lap 3, Seven gave Chemical a bump and gained two spots. Finally, by Lap 4 b0x had worked his way to sixth, with Laige only making it to ninth. Lap 6 saw Laige challenge b0x for that now seventh place but b0x held him off. This was certainly the EMEA race to watch. In the end MisterJack won, and, after Seven was given a five-second penalty, Commando was second and Rossi, third.

Here’s the replay of the EMEA Race action:
https://youtu.be/Quz76ZOhY7w

NA Race 1
Getting started, the grid for race one was set up with Venom at pole, followed by Harmonic and then up and comer Bilysoo. Champion Lightning would start from sixth. The drivers were behind the wheel of the Dodge Viper ACR and set in for seven laps at Silverstone. Lightning moved to fourth on Lap 1 and passed Bilysoo for third on the second lap. Lightning and Harmonic battled at the end of Lap 4 with Lightning putting a clean move and making it stick for second. Venom kept himself out of reach, and after seven laps he would win, with Lightning behind him and Harmonic winning the battle for third against Bilysoo.

NA Race 2
Race 2 took off from the Nürburgring GP track in the BMW M2. Venom would again lead the pack at pole, this time with Lightning right next to him on the grid. Harmonic and Bilysoo made up the second row. Right in to Turn 1, Lightning gave Venom a bump and squeezed into the lead. Doors were banging as Vain fought his way up to third in his hot pink M2. In the process Venom slipped back to sixth. The racers seemed to settle into their pace through the middle of the race. A Lap 4 bump from Venom on Vanquish at Dunlop was questionable but gave him room to slip by. Billysoo and Venom nearly took to fisticuffs for Lap 5 but Bilysoo held his own. Positions remained unchanged as they crossed the line. After adjudication, the podium remained unchanged, but Venom fell from fifth to eighth after receiving a five-second penalty for that mid-race melee.

NA Race 3
In a race you wouldn’t see in real life, Race 3 saw a reverse grid lined up in the #24 Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR at Road America. Lightning started from dead last. ShadowFox slipped into the lead right off, and Vain, in his hot pink NASCAR, rolled up five spots to third on Lap 1. Diablo spun near the Kink, pretty much ending his race. More carnage and contact between Vain and ShadowFox resulted in damage to Vain that dropped him back out of sight of victory. Through all that, Lightning had worked his way to second and set his sights on leader AMS Vanquish. Approaching the final turn in Lap 4, Vanquish made a mistake that Lightning capitalized on. Lightning disappeared into the distance. Two more long laps in Wisconsin remained. In the end it was Lightning, Venom, and Vanquish who would be celebrating with some (virtual) Johnsonville Brats.

Check out the full NA broadcast here:
https://youtu.be/LVAOHyicASI
#41 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 7:35:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post

It's tricky and pretty boring. Getting tired of the high class only cars for rivals with exception to the merc. That car had a ton of character and felt unique.

The races at least had some pretty amazing lower class car and track selections.
#42 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 9:52:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Big Scissors911 Go to Quoted Post
While I do agree that 'practice makes perfect' and that pushing yourself to get better will pay off, I've also kind of realised just how the top guys are blessed with natural talent that can't really be taught.. Reaction times, hand to eye coordination, multitasking, thinking ahead, they're things your born with I guess. Some of them are also perishable skills, which I suppose is one of the reasons you don't see IRL pro drivers in their 50's.

I also have time restrictions but have still managed 2000hrs in the past couple of years on Forza. Yes I have got marginally quicker but feel I've reached my ceiling now, and it's not a nice feeling because I would love to be quicker as I'm a naturally competitive.

There are pro drivers in their 80s. Albeit they aren't racing at the elite level any more but they exist.

Crazy things happen in races no matter how you qualified. All you need to do is prepare to be consistent. That's what I do and it works out from time to time. I don't have elite skills in the classes of cars that are always selected in these things but I've noticed I've gotten better . It doesn't take me long like it used to to figure out the cars. Driving them fast is one thing, but the hard part of knowing where the car needs to go is easier.

I like the positivity and wholeheartedly agree🙂

Consistent practice coupled with disciplined training CAN close the gap between natural talent and someone unskilled. But it takes hours over months and years.

How badly do we want it🏆
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error