2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:54:49 PM(UTC)
This new Challenger is really fun to drive. Nice foil to the Hellcat! The latter being a beast in its own right.

It's one of the "non-premium" cars (ForzaVista without engine and trunk) but whatever.

Also pleased to find a CTSCC paint from PTG Ace Ventura already in the Recommended list. :D
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:17:48 AM(UTC)
Reminder that the current Leagues Series closes in less than 6 hours at 5pm Pacific. Complete a race in any of the events to unlock the Crash Dummy Driver Gear suit.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:09:30 PM(UTC)
Series 3 is now open April 7 - 14
  • Event 01 - Ghost - Early Sport Touring
  • Event 02 - Simulation - Sport Luxury
  • Event 03 - Spec Ghost - Zenvo ST1
    Series Reward: 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato

#29 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:18:09 PM(UTC)
Good thing we have a good Ghost league again. Tried Spec Sim yesterday and got T-boned by someone who couldn't stand finishing 7th rather than 6th. Oh well.

Wouldn't be surprised if the same idiot was the one who rammed me out of contention at the beginning of the race even though looking at the minimap throughout the event most of the drivers seemed suspiciously well-behaved... I hope it was because none of them were within striking range relative to their opponents.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:31:15 AM(UTC)
in the Zenvo league races, the car has tunable parts, like suspension etc,
so got it going ok, saved the tune

went to race, and it ignores any tuning done to the car, and is on default settings..
and says tune is a no go, when trying to load it..

is this a mistake?
or
was the plan to try drive these cars stock tune?

might be the least raced league if its stock
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:00:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tank000001 Go to Quoted Post
in the Zenvo league races, the car has tunable parts, like suspension etc,
so got it going ok, saved the tune

went to race, and it ignores any tuning done to the car, and is on default settings..
and says tune is a no go, when trying to load it..

is this a mistake?
or
was the plan to try drive these cars stock tune?

might be the least raced league if its stock

It's meant to be like that. That's why it's called "Spec Ghost"
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:05:52 AM(UTC)
So the current league is broken into four "weeks" for example, with the league reward being the 1 Series M. Do I have to complete at least one race in each challenge for all weeks to get that prize? I missed the first week completely.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:11:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Two Fish Go to Quoted Post
So the current league is broken into four "weeks" for example, with the league reward being the 1 Series M. Do I have to complete at least one race in each challenge for all weeks to get that prize? I missed the first week completely.

The Season Reward requires only one race in whatever series, so you don't have to do all of them.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:39:40 PM(UTC)
Lately it seems the simulation and spec leagues are closed during what would be the primetime evening for US and AU people (not sure about EU but maybe it's the same thing for them).

More to the point what's the purpose of these silly windows now theres no weekly points or leaderboards.

Are turn10 just trying to discourage people from playing FM7 by not allowing them to race something they want at a time that's suitable for them?

I for one just typically close FM7 and go play something else when the lobbies i want to race in aren't open, so if the intention is to steer people to say the ghost league by shutting down the simulation and cosmetic i think it's not having the desired effect and rather is just decreasing the player count. Once i've been turned away from FM7 and get stuck into another game the likelihood of me returning to FM7 when the lobby's i want to race in are finally open is very low - add to this that the lobby's can also be rather small for a while when they do open until players decide to return it really just seems these time windows now do nothing more than harm.

So what gives T10, why do the silly timewindows still exist in a league environment where there it matters very little if someone just grinds in a lobby 24/7 compared to someone else who only plays an hour or 2 a day?

Why not get with the times and let your players play what they want when they can instead of being some evil overlord deciding what and when people can do something on an hourly basis?

I'm not aware of any other game that has such an antequated time system for multiplayer - just imagine if xbox/MS just started to enforce time windows for when you could play certain games online, it'd be the death of xbox live!
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:15:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sirtra Go to Quoted Post
Lately it seems the simulation and spec leagues are closed during what would be the primetime evening for US and AU people (not sure about EU but maybe it's the same thing for them).

More to the point what's the purpose of these silly windows now theres no weekly points or leaderboards.

Are turn10 just trying to discourage people from playing FM7 by not allowing them to race something they want at a time that's suitable for them?

I for one just typically close FM7 and go play something else when the lobbies i want to race in aren't open, so if the intention is to steer people to say the ghost league by shutting down the simulation and cosmetic i think it's not having the desired effect and rather is just decreasing the player count. Once i've been turned away from FM7 and get stuck into another game the likelihood of me returning to FM7 when the lobby's i want to race in are finally open is very low - add to this that the lobby's can also be rather small for a while when they do open until players decide to return it really just seems these time windows now do nothing more than harm.

So what gives T10, why do the silly timewindows still exist in a league environment where there it matters very little if someone just grinds in a lobby 24/7 compared to someone else who only plays an hour or 2 a day?

Why not get with the times and let your players play what they want when they can instead of being some evil overlord deciding what and when people can do something on an hourly basis?

I'm not aware of any other game that has such an antequated time system for multiplayer - just imagine if xbox/MS just started to enforce time windows for when you could play certain games online, it'd be the death of xbox live!

You have to take the points system into account. If there's no people in the lobby, you earn almost no points. I've found the windows to be quite lenient since my favorite leagues are usually on during prime time where I live.

The windows are done by region and it's pointless to leave public lobbies open if there are no people to play. I have found myself in lobbies with less than 6 players at calmer hours and you don't earn anything by doing leagues then. Might as well play hoppers instead.

I was getting great activity at the Ghost league yesterday, had a lobby with 16 people (me included), that was pretty cool. Unfortunately, most leave on the bad tracks, but whatever.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:54:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

SERIES 4: April 14 - 21
  • Event 01 - Ghost - Forza P2
  • Event 02 - Simulation - Early Sport Luxury
  • Event 03 - Spec Cosmetic - Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
    Series Reward: "Alpha Gear" Driver Gear suit

#37 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 10:17:10 AM(UTC)
So only 3 events for a whole week? I just start playing Forza 7 again to find out Turn 10 are super lazy. What the hell is going on?

I think it's time for a new dev to actually bring some features to the game people are actually asking for and not some bare minimum effort. Such a shame to see how far turn 10 have fallen.
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 10:19:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrBiscuitTheCat Go to Quoted Post
So only 3 events for a whole week? I just start playing Forza 7 again to find out Turn 10 are super lazy. What the hell is going on?

I think it's time for a new dev to actually bring some features to the game people are actually asking for and not some bare minimum effort. Such a shame to see how far turn 10 have fallen.

It's always been that way and they are less like events and more like a series. Each section is non-stop races until the lobby closes.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#39 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 10:31:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

It's always been that way and they are less like events and more like a series. Each section is non-stop races until the lobby closes.

Sure. What I don't get is only 3 different events. 3 total events I get, keep play numbers solid, but only 3 different for a whole week, That's a little pathetic tbh.

Leagues could have been so much more, but they're just meh instead.
#40 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 12:15:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Sure. What I don't get is only 3 different events. 3 total events I get, keep play numbers solid, but only 3 different for a whole week, That's a little pathetic tbh.

Leagues could have been so much more, but they're just meh instead.

It's one Sim, one Ghost and one Spec. That's pretty alright.

Sim leagues are usually pro series anyway. IIRC this is the first time we're getting a pro league in Ghost.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:32:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

You have to take the points system into account. If there's no people in the lobby, you earn almost no points. I've found the windows to be quite lenient since my favorite leagues are usually on during prime time where I live.

The windows are done by region and it's pointless to leave public lobbies open if there are no people to play. I have found myself in lobbies with less than 6 players at calmer hours and you don't earn anything by doing leagues then. Might as well play hoppers instead.

I was getting great activity at the Ghost league yesterday, had a lobby with 16 people (me included), that was pretty cool. Unfortunately, most leave on the bad tracks, but whatever.

You make absolutely no valid points, in fact it sounds like you don't even understand the system.

The windows are not by region, it will show the times in your local time but when the lobbies are open and closed is the same for everyone in the world - it might open at say 10am for me but that might be 9pm for you, thing is the lobbies seem to be on a 4hr open 4hr closed cycle meaning each day there is only 12hrs available to play. This is even worse than FM6 where they where open 18hrs per day and had differing windown sizes for both the open and closed times.

As for taking the points into consideration as to why the lobbies close this is absolute nonsense - closing them doesnt improve the lobby sizes it does the complete opposite. It takes a while for lobbies to build up when they open and typically they are the largest near the end of the open window. Closing them is like having a bar/pub and thinking well if i only open it for 2 hours a night everyone will be forced to come during those 2 hours and ill have more customers than the bar accross the road which is open 8 hours a night - you wont.

Furthermore the point system is merely a ranking system so it doesn't matter how many points you earn or lose per race, it isn't like it used to be in FM6 where there was a weekly total and leaderboard. Earning or losing only a few points during the low peak periods is still better than not being able to earn or lose any cause the lobby is closed. How many points you're earning or losing per race is irrelevent in the big picture, in fact once you make it to pinnacle you realize just how pointless (pun intended) the points are because what you'll find is that 90% of the people in pinnacle are at level 1 with their points max'd out. Once you make it there you either very rapidly climb from level 5 to level 1, or you just dont cut it and you very quickly get shunted back to elite. This is due to how simple minded the point system actually is, but that's a whole different topic.

If you like big lobbies (who doesn't) then you should be in the camp of "keep the lobbies open 24/7" rather than "shutting them down is great". Closing is never good for business or customers, why do you think the big supermarkets push for 24/7 trading hours? Sure there may be far fewer people who shop between 12am and 6am than 12pm to 6pm but there will be people who can only shop between 12am to 6am and if they werent open at that time they wouldn't be a customer - they'll go elsewhere.

Turn10 has a 1990's mindset, even the big media companies like HBO, showtime, NBC and so on have gotten with the times long ago by letting people watch what they want, when they want, on demand - none of this "you gotta be home at 7pm to watch your favourite tv show or too bad you miss out this week" business.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:39:27 AM(UTC)
Series 3 is now open April 7 - 14
  • Event 01 - Ghost - Early Sport Touring
  • Event 02 - Simulation - Sport Luxury
  • Event 03 - Spec Ghost - Zenvo ST1
    Series Reward: 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato

Where is my car!!!
I done a race finish 3th.

1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:07:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AheadElephant22 Go to Quoted Post

Where is my car!!!
I done a race finish 3th.

Post in the technical support forum. You are more likely to get help from a T10 employee there. No one in this thread can help you.

https://forums.forzamoto...al-Support-and-Help.aspx
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:53:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sirtra Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

You make absolutely no valid points, in fact it sounds like you don't even understand the system.

The windows are not by region, it will show the times in your local time but when the lobbies are open and closed is the same for everyone in the world - it might open at say 10am for me but that might be 9pm for you, thing is the lobbies seem to be on a 4hr open 4hr closed cycle meaning each day there is only 12hrs available to play. This is even worse than FM6 where they where open 18hrs per day and had differing windown sizes for both the open and closed times.

As for taking the points into consideration as to why the lobbies close this is absolute nonsense - closing them doesnt improve the lobby sizes it does the complete opposite. It takes a while for lobbies to build up when they open and typically they are the largest near the end of the open window. Closing them is like having a bar/pub and thinking well if i only open it for 2 hours a night everyone will be forced to come during those 2 hours and ill have more customers than the bar accross the road which is open 8 hours a night - you wont.

Furthermore the point system is merely a ranking system so it doesn't matter how many points you earn or lose per race, it isn't like it used to be in FM6 where there was a weekly total and leaderboard. Earning or losing only a few points during the low peak periods is still better than not being able to earn or lose any cause the lobby is closed. How many points you're earning or losing per race is irrelevent in the big picture, in fact once you make it to pinnacle you realize just how pointless (pun intended) the points are because what you'll find is that 90% of the people in pinnacle are at level 1 with their points max'd out. Once you make it there you either very rapidly climb from level 5 to level 1, or you just dont cut it and you very quickly get shunted back to elite. This is due to how simple minded the point system actually is, but that's a whole different topic.

If you like big lobbies (who doesn't) then you should be in the camp of "keep the lobbies open 24/7" rather than "shutting them down is great". Closing is never good for business or customers, why do you think the big supermarkets push for 24/7 trading hours? Sure there may be far fewer people who shop between 12am and 6am than 12pm to 6pm but there will be people who can only shop between 12am to 6am and if they werent open at that time they wouldn't be a customer - they'll go elsewhere.

Turn10 has a 1990's mindset, even the big media companies like HBO, showtime, NBC and so on have gotten with the times long ago by letting people watch what they want, when they want, on demand - none of this "you gotta be home at 7pm to watch your favourite tv show or too bad you miss out this week" business.

It's you who don't understand. They have multiple windows but prime time is different across the globe. The windows are positioned according to prime time in the Americas, Europe and Australasia, which does not prevent anyone from joining in if they want to.

Around these parts, a "big supermarket" has ceased their 24/7 policy. Why? Not worth it financially speaking, and vulnerable to mischievous people during night shifts. Not everyone lives in America.

As for the points system, it's not primarily a players ranking, being 1, 2, 3 in your band means nothing, but if you lose due to things outside your control you risk being knocked down a band, which directly influences your experience since you have to grind points again.

Furthermore, me signing up to HBO Go and watching shows on demand does not require the company of others for me to enjoy the event. Online races, however, do. I don't race alone in a lobby. And races are better and yield more points when lobbies are packed with people.

If people want constant lobbies, there's always hoppers.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:55:46 PM(UTC)
Today's update changed the reward for this week's Leagues - it's the Lucha Libre shown back at the launch of FM7:

#46 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:04:54 PM(UTC)
Well that makes much more sense than the starting driver gear.

#47 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:15:08 PM(UTC)
Today's update changed the reward for this week's Leagues - it's the Lucha Libre shown back at the launch of FM7

Thanks for the heads up, gonna take an RS Spyder for a spin, then.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#48 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 5:18:24 AM(UTC)
Good to see it's been changed thanks for the heads up Manteomax
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error