7 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:11:52 PM(UTC)
ForzaRC Tanner Foust Challenge

To find this event, navigate to Single Player > Rivals > ForzaRC menu. Set your best time by the deadline. Select "Leaderboards" from the event to change a target Rival or watch their replay, which can be used with the Telemetry overlay to see when other drivers are shifting and braking.

Deadline: Sunday April 29 for Tanner, Monday April 30 for the community
Reward #1: 1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6 for all players who set a time
Reward #2: Disco suit Driver Gear for players within 2 seconds of Tanner's time
Reward #3: 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 for beating Tanner's time

Tanner's gamertag: SweetTFoust34
Tanner's times:
1:41.850 as of 3pm Pacific April 26
1:42.065 initial time on April 17

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_4_6_18
Quote:
Have you ever dreamt of putting your skills in Forza Motorsport 7 up against one of the best real-world drivers in the world? Your chance begins next week, with the ForzaRC Tanner Foust Challenge, which launches in Forza Motorsport 7 starting on April 11.

You probably know Foust from any number of his amazing accomplishments as both a race competitor and stunt driver. During his career Foust has earned championships in multiple racing disciplines including rallycross, drifting, and as a four-times X Games gold medalist. As a stunt driver he’s worked in Hollywood films and has set world records, as he did in 2011 with Hot Wheels when he made a 332-foot- ramp-to-ramp leap in a truck at the Indianapolis 500. Outside of the car, Foust has a busy career as a television personality, notably hosting the American Top Gear series, as well as in his Life in the Foust Lane YouTube series.

With the ForzaRC Tanner Foust Challenge, it’s the Forza Community vs. Foust. The entire Forza community is challenged to beat Foust’s time on the event leaderboard. You’ll be driving Foust’s race car, the Volkswagen Beetle GRC, on the Dubai Mountain Circuit, and everyone who ends up beating Foust’s final time will win the exclusive 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455. In addition, come within two seconds of Foust’s final time and you’ll earn the Disco Driver Gear suit. Finally, we’ve got a great participation reward – the 1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6 – that will go out to all players who set a time in the event.

To prepare for the Tanner Foust Challenge, be sure to add Tanner’s Gamertag -- SweetTFoust34 (corrected) – to your Xbox Live friends list, so you can follow his progress on the event leaderboard. We’ll have an update on the event in next week’s edition of the Week in Review!

See the video for Tanner's predictions on his own challenge compared to Joseph Newgarden's.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:49:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:40:00 PM(UTC)
I tried to find the gamertag but it says that they couldn't find a match.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:46:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IrishDirtydog Go to Quoted Post
I tried to find the gamertag but it says that they couldn't find a match.

Having to follow them is moronic.
Just have an updated time perma posted with the challenge.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:53:48 PM(UTC)
Of course you don't have to follow them at all, just do your best and see where it comes out.
#5 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 2:01:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Of course you don't have to follow them at all, just do your best and see where it comes out.

I would like to add him. The gt doesn't seem to be correct. Any ideas? Cheers.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 2:16:45 PM(UTC)
The WIR is probably missing a t as this account works, but ultimately confirmation needs to come from T10:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?GamerTag=SweetTFoust34
#7 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 2:42:20 PM(UTC)
The WIR is probably missing a t as this account works, but ultimately confirmation needs to come from T10:

Thank you
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 2:58:20 PM(UTC)
Thats a pretty weak reward car
#9 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:03:42 PM(UTC)
Thank you for these challenges! Really great rivals which helps to keep this game interesting, as there is always something to practice, something to look forward to.

Let`s have a good one!
#10 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:47:52 PM(UTC)
Told you there would be repeats. ;)

Trans Am for everyone who missed out on Forzathon. But what I'm here for is the participation prize, the Corrado! :D

The Trans Am as the top prize is somewhat underwhelming, but people would rage if it was something else.

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 3:50:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 7 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 5:08:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Thats a pretty weak reward car

But the participation car is good. With that one, I am down to 13 locked cars I actually want.

Only 8 months after I bought the game. At this pace I'll have the cars I want within 2 and a half years!
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 5:26:59 PM(UTC)
Plot Twist: the '73 T/A comes with an exclusive Rutledge Wood livery (it's plaid).
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:49:13 AM(UTC)
already got the pontiac but the corrado and suit would be welcome.
Did some test runs already . Challenging but should be fun. I like this Dubai track but it is one I need to work on so this will be a good chance to do that . Especially the mountain section which I always find tricky . Harder when it in reverse

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:53:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:01:59 AM(UTC)
There’s a Tanner Foust Driver Gear in-game which I believe hasn’t been awarded to players yet.

You’d think this would have been the perfect place to hand that out but I guess Turn 10 have other plans for it...
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:05:52 AM(UTC)
Kinda surprised that they didn't make this a drift event given Tanner's propensity for going sideways with lots of tire smoke.
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:06:19 AM(UTC)

You're right - the WIR now has SweetTFoust34 as the account name.
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 9:45:12 PM(UTC)
I already got the Pontiac Firebird, don't care about the suit, so I'll be doing 1 lap on Noobai for the VW and that's it. Next challenge please.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 9:13:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Kinda surprised that they didn't make this a drift event

People would riot. Decreasing your laptime with practice is one thing, trying to figure out exact angles, speeds, gears to stay in, when to use throttle vs. when to handbrake or clutch kick, how to stop spins......

Anyone have an idea on how fast he is normally? I'd think fairly fast because he is a professional after all, but the only game that comes up under that Gamertag is FM7, which he barely played. He did do the Forzathon for the Prowler though, so there's that.

One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 9:30:05 AM(UTC)
While my first thought was YES a driftchallenge!! i can understand why its not a drift Challenge. explained very well by jonxmonx^
On the other hand (imo) FM must be the easiest game to learn how to drift With a Controller. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:19:53 PM(UTC)
Apparently the only way to see Tanner's time on the new rivals event is to add him as a friend and check the leaderboards, so I did... and it doesn't work, because it's Forza 7 and of course it doesn't work :|

I'm unable to see his time, does anyone know what it is? I'd like to see if I beat him for the "additional reward" so I know if I can stop trying or not.

Thanks in advance.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:33:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scarab prime Go to Quoted Post
Apparently the only way to see Tanner's time on the new rivals event is to add him as a friend and check the leaderboards, so I did... and it doesn't work, because it's Forza 7 and of course it doesn't work :|

I'm unable to see his time, does anyone know what it is? I'd like to see if I beat him for the "additional reward" so I know if I can stop trying or not.

Thanks in advance.

The event only started today, has he actually set a time yet?
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:58:47 PM(UTC)
Probably hasnt set a time yet..most likely why you can't see it
When i did it an hour ago he hadnt set a time

Also the event doesn't end for a few weeks so until then he will be able to beat/improve his time until then too

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:01:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:38:15 PM(UTC)
Yeah makes sense, I guess I just figured he would have gone to Turn 10 sometime last month and set a time there on some fancy racing setup they have, like Romain Grosjean did on Spa with the E-23 for Rivals when Forza 6 first came out.

But I suppose it's totally possible he is just doing it from home any time during the rivals event. He's very competitive (maybe annoyingly so judging from Top Gear) so I suppose if he's doing it from home he's probably wearing out free play mode practicing for it.

Would have been nice if we had the lap time up there already though! Makes the difference whether I decide to put the time in to do 3 laps or 10+.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:40:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:50:10 PM(UTC)
You can see he hasn't logged in on that account in the past 9 days, and the event only started today so he hadn't had a chance to set a laptime yet.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:56:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:03:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scarab prime Go to Quoted Post
Yeah makes sense, I guess I just figured he would have gone to Turn 10 sometime last month and set a time there on some fancy racing setup they have, like Romain Grosjean did on Spa with the E-23 for Rivals when Forza 6 first came out.

But I suppose it's totally possible he is just doing it from home any time during the rivals event. He's very competitive (maybe annoyingly so judging from Top Gear) so I suppose if he's doing it from home he's probably wearing out free play mode practicing for it.

Would have been nice if we had the lap time up there already though! Makes the difference whether I decide to put the time in to do 3 laps or 10+.

he was given a brand new personalized xbone X with gold lettering a few weeks ago with a copy of fm7
hasn't played that much with that gamertag though

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:18:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error