This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages123>>Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:28:28 AM(UTC)
Here are your clues for the April Car Pack. Be sure to check out the #TuesdayDrive [EDIT: #ThursdayThingo] on Mixer and Twitch as I debut the cars on Tuesday April 10, starting around 10 a.m. Pacific. [EDIT: The April car pack has been postponed to Thursday April 12.]

If you are new to this, the rules are simple. Keep banter to a minimum, keep wish lists were they belong, be good to each other, and try to limit your answers to one post, although you may edit your post.

For the record, these clues are deliberately cryptic and vague by design. Not that it matters, because you guys seem to guess them no matter how hard I try.

Now, have fun and I hope to see you in the show on Tuesday [EDIT: Thursday] where I will explain the logic behind the clues once you know what the cars are.

April DLC Clue Thread

Car 1
Sure, it’s practical, but it really is an epic journey.

Car 2
It may set in the west but it’s more important that the rising begins in the east.

Car 3
Are there any affordable classic Porsches left? Maybe, but this isn’t one of them.

Car 4
They weren’t really part of the battle, but they certainly made their presence known.

Car 5
The first was a race car you could drive on the road. The second was a road car you could adapt to race. Baby steps.

Car 6
Oops! But seriously, in my seriously awesome opinion, this is a car that belongs in Forza.

Car 7
I still can’t decide if it is more beauty or more beast. We will leave it up to you to decide.

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:21:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:31:33 AM(UTC)
Car 1

Honda Odyssey
#3 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:33:14 AM(UTC)
Clue 2. Nissan Sunny GTiR
Clue 3. Not the 917K we're told, maybe 908 LH 1968
Clue 6. 1985 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo #33 Electramotive Engineering
Ford Gran Torino?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:52:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:35:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post
Here are your clues for the April Car Pack. Be sure to check out the #TuesdayDrive on Mixer and Twitch as I debut the cars on Tuesday April 10, starting around 10 a.m. Pacific.

If you are knew to this the rules are simple. Keep banter to a minimum, keep wish lists were they belong, be good to each other, and try to limit your answers to one post, although you may edit your post.

For the record, these clues are deliberately cryptic and vague by design. Not that it matters because you guys seem to guess them no matter how hard I try.

Now, have fun and I hope to see you in the show on Tuesday where I will explain the logic behind the clues once you know what the cars are.

April DLC Clue Thread

Car 1

Car 2
It may set in the west but it’s more important that the rising begins in the east.

Car 3
Are there any affordable classic Porsches left? Maybe, but this isn’t one of them.

Car 4
They weren’t really part of the battle, but they certainly made their presence known.

Car 5
The first was a race car you could drive on the road. The second was a road car you could adapt to race. Baby steps.

Car 6
Oops! But seriously, in my seriously awesome opinion, this is a car that belongs in Forza.

Car 7
I still can’t decide if it is more beauty or more beast. We will leave it up to you to decide.

Clue 2: Honda Civic Del Sol
Clue 3: Porsche 917k.
Clue 6: 1985 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo
More to come.

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 10:20:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#5 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:45:36 AM(UTC)
Clue 2- Honda Del Sol?

Clue 6- Jeep Wrangler or 1954 Nash Metropolitan 1200 from Clueless?

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 9:48:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:45:49 AM(UTC)
#1: Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV
#2: An old Datsun Sunny?
#3: Porsche 917LH Edit: or not. Porsche 906 then.
#4: Tyrell P34
#5: Nissan March Super Turbo (can it be? finally? after all these years I've been asking for it?)
#6: Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo
#7: '18 Alpine A110

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2018 11:49:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:46:34 AM(UTC)
Car 3: Porsche 917
So far almost every iconic and very expensive classic porsches are in the game except for the 917

#8 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:47:18 AM(UTC)

Car 2 might be suncar arpège

Car 6 gotta be a SUV
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 9:51:19 AM(UTC)
Car 6 could be the Nissan GTP ZXT that was leaked in last week's WIR!
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:19:44 AM(UTC)
Car 6 - 1959 Messerschmitt Tiger

Or the van from the original TMNT cartoon
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:27:59 AM(UTC)
Car 1
No clue is this straight forward but please, please, please let this NOT be a Dodge Journey, LOL. I'm going to say the Renault Espace F1, it's a van so its practical but going places in it would certainly make for epic journeys.

Car 2
I googled rising sun car and came up with the Vector W8. It isn't the right answer but I want it to be so that's my guess for this clue. The fact it said rising in the East was the more important part of things makes me think this is a car from the East as in Japan. Give us the Vector though, that'd be awesome. After further consideration, the connection for the google result is to a movie called Rising Sun that had a Vector W8 in it. I've changed my mind. I really do think this clue could be for the Vector W8. I hope I'm right. It would get me to buy this pack.

Car 3
I hate saying answers people ahead of me said but the 917k apparently holds the Porsche auction record so that's my answer here

Car 4
A somehow noteworthy race car that didn't contend for a championship, not sure.

Car 5
Panoz Esperante

Car 6
Again, I hate to be the parrot but this seems to be the Nissan GTP car that was mentioned to have been leaked based on the oops!

Car 7
Ferrari 812 Superfast

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 10:54:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:30:15 AM(UTC)
First of all: kudos to Manteo on the cheekiness of some of the clues. Obviously HE has been reading the forums lol...but we already knew that.

1. Don't be a VW Atlas...it's a VW Atlas, isn't it.

2. Nissan...Sunny B210?

3. Once again like the Paul Newman clue from last month, this seems to obvious to ACTUALLY be the 917. Sure hope it is, though. That's my guess.

4. Nissan ZX-Turbo

5. Dauer 962

6. Wrangler TJ

7. Corvette C7 ZR-1

GT: smthroller

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 10:31:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:37:06 AM(UTC)
1) Plymouth Voyager or Honda Odyssey
2) Ford Sunliner (but probably the Honda Del Sol)
3) Porsche 917
4) Red Bull F1 car
5) I got nothing
6) Nissan GTP
7) McLaren Senna (For the love of God, please)
#14 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:41:22 AM(UTC)
1 Honda Odyssey
2 Datsun Sunny
3 The 917 seems the obvious choice (which probably means it isn’t)
5 Ginetta G40
6 GTP ZX
7 Rezvani

That’ll do for now

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:00:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:52:04 AM(UTC)
Car 3: Could this be a trick question who knows, I’m going to say something different to the current trend and say the 2010 Porsche Sport Classic as they were sold out before they were even built and they were also super expensive.

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 10:53:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
April DLC Clue Thread

Car 1

I’m really hoping this is the 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Or
2018 Tesla Model X P100D

Car 2

2016 BMW M3
Or
2018 Maybach S 650

Car 3

2011 Porsche 911 Speedster

Car 4

2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Or
2019 Shelby GT500

Car 5

2018 Honda Civic SI sedan

Car 6

I think it’s this because remember that virtual reality video they did against the Forza Motorsport 7 player driving the same car
2018 Honda Civic Type-R

Car 7

2018 BMW M5
Or the
2019 AMG CLS53
Or please be the 2005 Mercedes CLS63 AMG

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2018 8:11:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:24:32 AM(UTC)
Throw a guess out there

Car 1 Dodge Caravan, God I hope not, would be cool cause I own one
Car 2 Honda Del Sol ?
Car 3 2016 Porsche 911R, definitely not cheap
Car 4 no idea
Car 5 Panoz would be cool
Car 6 Nissan GTP
Car 7 A supercar, Ferrari 812, McLaren Senna, 2019 ZR1 maybe ?

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:32:31 AM(UTC)
Car 1

Alfa Stelvio

Car 2

Acura NSX GT3

Car 3

Porsche 917LH

Car 4

1985 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo

Car 5

2016 SCG 003 SPX

Car 6

Jenson Interceptor

Car 7

Mercedes AMG Project One
#19 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:41:27 AM(UTC)
#1 2017 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio / 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Velar
#2 -
#3 2018 Porshce 718 Cayman GTS
#4 2017 Alpine A110
#5 2018 Apollo Intesa Emozione (1 model - Gumpert Apollo S, 2 - Apollo Arrow)
#6 -
#7 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
#20 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:08:51 PM(UTC)
Clue 1- I’m going to go with either the Subaru Levorg or the Nissan Stagea. Maybe even the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo wagon.
#21 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:10:42 PM(UTC)
Clue 1- Erm maybe the Subaru Levorg, or the Stagea... maybe even the Lancer Evo wagon?
#22 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:11:28 PM(UTC)
Darrrrn. Was really hoping for the 917 from clue #3, but deep down I know it likely isn't so and these very good guesses kind of confirm my suspicion:

Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

3 The 917 seems the obvious choice (which probably means it isn’t)

Originally Posted by: blkbrd02 Go to Quoted Post
Car 3 2016 Porsche 911R, definitely not cheap

Originally Posted by: AntiMoneyman Go to Quoted Post

Car 3

2011 Porsche 911 Speedster

Edited by user Friday, April 6, 2018 12:29:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:25:48 PM(UTC)
I've only ever been able to figure out one of John's clues once. Here goes nothing.

Car 1

Car 2
How about the Nissan Sunny

Car 3

Car 4

Car 5

Car 6

Car 7
Stab in the dark. Davidson Racing “Eagle” aka, the Beast.
https://www.yahoo.com/ne...-scariest-144806615.html

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2018 3:14:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added guess for car 7

#24 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:48:01 PM(UTC)
Car 4 - VW Kubelwagen... or some other military utility vehicle.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#25 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:48:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post
Here are your clues for the April Car Pack. Be sure to check out the #TuesdayDrive on Mixer and Twitch as I debut the cars on Tuesday April 10, starting around 10 a.m. Pacific.

If you are knew to this the rules are simple. Keep banter to a minimum, keep wish lists were they belong, be good to each other, and try to limit your answers to one post, although you may edit your post.

For the record, these clues are deliberately cryptic and vague by design. Not that it matters because you guys seem to guess them no matter how hard I try.

Now, have fun and I hope to see you in the show on Tuesday where I will explain the logic behind the clues once you know what the cars are.

April DLC Clue Thread

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Car 4

Car 5

Car 6

Car 7

Car 1: Is a VW Bus Type 1 too obvious? Propably, so it could be a Maserati Levante.

Car 2: Acura NSX GT3 since it dominated in Daytone 2016 when it rained.

Car 3: 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR Turbo, without explaination

Car 4: Henessey Venom F5 or Lexus RCF GT3

Car 5: Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003 Stradale

Car 6: 1985 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo #33 Electramotive Engineering

Car 7: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 or 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista

Edit: New things happened, so these are my new guesses:

Car 1: 2018 Maserati Levante

Car 2: 2016 Lexus RC F GT3

Car 3: 1974 Porsche Carrera RSR Turbo

Car 4: 1966 Porsche 906/6L Carrera 6

Car 5: 1970 Plymouth Superbird

Car 6: 1985 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo #33 Electramotive Engineering

Car 7: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (Could be any other car tough)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:33:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

11 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error