This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
33 Pages<<1920212223>>PrevNext
#501 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:42:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScoobsMcGee82 Go to Quoted Post
Grats to PRKid and Yopfraize!

Thanks! And, best of luck to you on your runs!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#502 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:26:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Wow! If they are indeed extending the deadline for that long (April 9th for Triton / JONK / Mechberg / Gr1malian / ShmooGnu, and, we only get 3 additional days [April 9th]), that would be insane!!!

After over 200 laps the last 3 days (and, a lot more laps before that), I finally managed to pass Triton by a small margin of 0:00.007 with a 2:06.147. I would hate to have to run AGAIN!!!

After they conclude with their runs, the rest of us should get 1 week, that would be my vote!

PRKid

Well done Kid, I saw that you'd gone past the bounties (and me!) last night. I'm currently sitting at around 2:06.5 and finding it SO difficult to find the half second to get back ahead of Triton and Jonk. And as you say, with the amount of time left to run it's only going to get tougher!
15/15 = 93%
#503 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:50:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Well done Kid, I saw that you'd gone past the bounties (and me!) last night. I'm currently sitting at around 2:06.5 and finding it SO difficult to find the half second to get back ahead of Triton and Jonk. And as you say, with the amount of time left to run it's only going to get tougher!

Thank you Smoke! Stay at it, you'll get there! Remember nice & smooth, easy on the throttle through the chicanes and turns. Good luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:50:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#504 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:00:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you Smoke! Stay at it, you'll get there! Remember nice & smooth, easy on the throttle through the chicanes and turns. Good luck!

PRKid

Nice one fella. :)

1 user liked this post.
#505 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:17:15 AM(UTC)
I hope that MB is a typo because it was already given earlier. That non AMG MB would be better since that was not given before.

Took me 147 laps in 2 sessions to beat this. Hands are aching.

E: And yeah, despite leaderboard times are with tcs I found that personally without it I was faster. Took me only last 10 laps without assists to beat them. Those first 137 laps I went with stm and tcs separately trying them out. I got so annoyed with that power loss of I slide even a bit, so I took it off and now I can finally drive something else than Sebring.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:02:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#506 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:19:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
If you look at the top of the leaderboard, most have tcs on with this car and use manual without clutch. stm will just slow you down. the important thing for this event is drive as smooth as possible, even with tcs on if you don't control the car you will lose a lot of power to the engine and lose a lot of time.

+1... This is the MOST critical element of this car/track combo.

My fastest laps have all seemed to come when nonchalantly and smoothly (my feeling) going through the corners. Every time I try to push through the corners, mistakes happen. The 3rd, 4th and 5th corners seem to be my bane. At least I have a new line through Sunset Bend.

I'm barely in front of Mechberg, but I have the lines to get 2:06 and below, just haven't executed them together. I'll hold onto them until Mechberg pops a better time, since I have no interest in the suits.
 2 users liked this post.
#507 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:23:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScoobsMcGee82 Go to Quoted Post
GR1MALIAN knocking off almost 3 seconds and no longer using stability or ABS. Well done!

Thanks! I also finally set my dead zones!

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
I can't get any faster than a 2:10. I know where I'm losing the time, but can't seem to make it up.

I was ahead of Gr1Malian until today...

grrrrrrr....

I'm sure you can beat me with some more practice. I spent a few hours yesterday just running the track trying to improve my time. You are so close!
 1 user liked this post.
#508 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:26:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post
I hope that MB is a typo because it was already given earlier. That non AMG MB would be better since that was not given before.

Took me 147 laps in 2 sessions to beat this. Hands are aching.

This is a new FE Benz. The Mercedes-AMG one previously awarded is a 2016, while this is the 2012 Mercedes-Benz one.

#509 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:47:46 AM(UTC)
Well darn, it looks like I am going to have to back at it tonight. I was ahead of Jennifer and Garret and they were the only ones I am capable of beating, it is what it is. But now Garret and "Trex" got ahead of me. But I had only ran 6 laps or so and I should be able to find some speed to get back by them.
 2 users liked this post.
#510 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:35:13 AM(UTC)
For those still looking for tenths. Here are a couple of videos from Ross Bentley's Speed Secrets youtube page that may help you.

Performance Driving Tip - Why Some Drivers Are Faster
https://youtu.be/EY0MRMk4bi4

Some good philosophical advice on how to absorb and process more sensory inputs so you can go faster.

Why Smooth is Fast - Performance Driving Tip
https://youtu.be/vPrN7zBNZvQ

A good explanantion on the smooth is fast philosophy and how weight ransfer affects traction.

From my experience, the Vette's rear end will want to step out if you have too much weight on the front tires on corner entry through to the apex. I run into this in Turns 13, 15, 16 and 17 the most.
If you're using TC and stab the gas while the back of the car is sliding, TC will kick in like a hammer and kill your acceleration out of the corner until the rear is settled.

Another subtle thing I've noticed in the slow corners is when you release the brakes and start to apply throttle. If the back end of the car is in check but you're still carrying a smidge too much speed, the front of the car will push momentarily as weight transfers rearward. If you apply too much throttle before the front tires re-grip, the push will continue and you'll either go too wide on exit an dirty your lap, or you'll need to add more steering input to keep the car on line and scrub your exit speed. Again, it's a subtle thing I've noticed.

When Smooth Is NOT Fast - How to Drive Faster: Performance Driving Tip
https://youtu.be/Iz_U_3bU5pI

IMO, Ross' advice applies to T7 and T10 the most.
 1 user liked this post.
#511 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:43:14 AM(UTC)
Kind of interesting to see the area that I struggle with, I've noticed many others have too. Consistency. I can generally see the lines I should be taking, I just cannot for the life of me get them all, together. No doubt in my mind I'd have a decent time in the 2:06s if I could, but as of now I worked harder than I care to admit just for my 2:07.095, and I'm kind of put off on running more laps on this event until Brian updates his time (if he does), as I'm not sure my heart's in it for another 30ish laps just for an extra tenth, especially not so if Brian improves greatly.

I might try the smoothness technique though....I've generally been ok with the throttle but it may mean the difference between me settling for a low 2:07 and a mid-2:06. I'm well ahead of the other two for the cars, so Brian's my final target. Don't care too much over the Driver Gears, but if I just so happen to win one, hey, won't complain!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:46:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
#512 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:48:41 AM(UTC)
The times in these bounty hunters are so fake. I have watched Mechberg lots of times on streams and he is not a fast driver. No way did he run a 2:07 in this event. That's only 5 seconds slower than some of the best racers in the world.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:50:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#513 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:52:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaulBe Go to Quoted Post
The times in these bounty hunters are so fake. I have watched Mechberg lots of times on streams and he is not a fast driver. No way did he run a 2:07 in this event. That's only 5 seconds slower than some of the best racers in the world.

5 seconds is quite a lot.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:56:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#514 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:00:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

5 seconds is quite a lot.

Also, when he's streaming, he's simultaneously presenting the show. Not exactly concentrating fully!

I just ran 2:07.133. Seven thousandths. I could weep!
 6 users liked this post.
#515 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:10:52 PM(UTC)

Try not to state things as if they are fact, when they are only your opinion. I'm far from one of the best racers in the world but I'm ahead of Mechberg at present.

What I can be is persistent - I generally don't give up and I improve over time.

There are hot lap challenges run every week on this forum - you will see the top guys can stick a time in straight off the bat that most of us won't get close to. Then you will see the other guys who week in, week out set a time and improve and improve until we may not exactly be nipping at the heels of the top guys but certainly not embarrassing ourselves.

I think it's a pretty sad state of affairs when as soon as someone can't beat a rivals time, the first thought (& worse posting) is that they must be cheating. Just this one time, maybe it's not them, it's you?

#516 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:21:34 PM(UTC)
I don´t think the times are fake. That said, it seems Mechberg has gotten significantly faster during the last few months...
From, say, consistently Top 20% to consistently Top 15%-Top 10%?

Just managed to beat his current record, but I won´t be able to surpass the fastest two from the ladder unless I put in some monstrous time.
My beloved Utopia in Heavy Metal Affliction:

http://www.forzamotorspo...t/en-us/news/hma_5_15_14
#517 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:31:42 PM(UTC)
When watching replays for other Rivals that have TCS enabled, I use game camera | cockpit view. I've noticed that the TCS light (little blue light on dash) never turns on in the replays. Is anyone else seeing this?
#518 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:37:40 PM(UTC)
Also, when I race against anyone in the top 30, I find that I lose the most time between corner 5 and 7 - the other drivers pull away during big bend by half a second or so.
#519 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:18:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
There are hot lap challenges run every week on this forum - you will see the top guys can stick a time in straight off the bat that most of us won't get close to. Then you will see the other guys who week in, week out set a time and improve and improve until we may not exactly be nipping at the heels of the top guys but certainly not embarrassing ourselves.

That's generally how I work too - I don't usually bother too much with Rivals unless it's a BH, a cool division/track combo, or an easy way to do Forzathon challenges, so I'll often only end up setting ~15-20% lap times unless it's a challenge I really click at, or a a bounty, at which point I'll be dedicating a hell of a lot more time and effort to it. On pretty much any given Rivals I have the _ability_ to get down to a sub-5% lap time, but rarely the motivation to dedicate the time
 1 user liked this post.
#520 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:33:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZippyMcFunshine Go to Quoted Post
Also, when I race against anyone in the top 30, I find that I lose the most time between corner 5 and 7 - the other drivers pull away during big bend by half a second or so.

They are getting a better exit out of T5 and carrying that speed advantage all the way down to the next corner. Think about how you are taking T5 compared to the quicker drivers and see what adjustments you can make.

For me it's Turn 1. I know when I need to brake before turn in, it's being consistent on how much braking to do and when to turn in. Slowly but surely I'll eventually figure it out.
#521 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:03:10 PM(UTC)
I think this might be the first BH I throw the towel in on. All the others I beat with really not much effort, with the hardest being Laguna Seca, but that only took about 45 minutes.

I can't say the last time I've genuinely been this frustrated with a game. It's quite possibly my least favorite track, with a car that gives me an aneurysm with how inconsistent I'm finding it's handling. I've tried watching other replays, traction control on and off, all that. I just can't figure out the lines of this track, and this car isn't helping.

I already threw my control once (thankfully it didn't break), so I'm not sure it's wise I do another round LOL. Sitting at a 2.07.7xx
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
#522 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:14:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimson Gungnir Go to Quoted Post
I think this might be the first BH I throw the towel in on. All the others I beat with really not much effort, with the hardest being Laguna Seca, but that only took about 45 minutes.

I can't say the last time I've genuinely been this frustrated with a game. It's quite possibly my least favorite track, with a car that gives me an aneurysm with how inconsistent I'm finding it's handling. I've tried watching other replays, traction control on and off, all that. I just can't figure out the lines of this track, and this car isn't helping.

I already threw my control once (thankfully it didn't break), so I'm not sure it's wise I do another round LOL. Sitting at a 2.07.7xx

you may want to take a break for a day or two and cool off. driving angry will only slow you down, you must stay in control of your emotions the whole time or you will make mistakes.
#523 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:29:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post

They are getting a better exit out of T5 and carrying that speed advantage all the way down to the next corner. Think about how you are taking T5 compared to the quicker drivers and see what adjustments you can make.

For me it's Turn 1. I know when I need to brake before turn in, it's being consistent on how much braking to do and when to turn in. Slowly but surely I'll eventually figure it out.

You're absolutely right - quite a bit of time can be lost if not getting a good exit out of T5. I've tried a bunch of different lines, and watched replays with telemetry for at least 30 of the top 50. And set them as rivals, etc. I've found that the key seems to be getting on the throttle much earlier than feels comfortable. And once on full throttle, there is a very specific line with very little room for error - miss it, and you'll go off into the grass on the right.

Turn 1 is also tricky. I can't nail it like the very top guys - but can get very close. I've used rewind for that corner many times (total of at least 2 hours) trying to match rival (usually Craviator) exactly. And then doing it over and over and over again to get the muscle memory down. Now I can keep pace (within .100) with top rivals 90% of the time into turn 2, 3, and 4. Then I tend to blow it at T5.

#524 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:41:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
What I can be is persistent - I generally don't give up and I improve over time.

👍

DJ Saoco
#525 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:46:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
They are getting a better exit out of T5 and carrying that speed advantage all the way down to the next corner.

Right on! The top drivers will take advantage of EVERY turn into a stretch.....T#5, 7, 10, 13, and 16....then you must keep momentum through the last turn.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
33 Pages<<1920212223>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error