This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:16:05 AM(UTC)
Hello

Last night i was playing Forza fine, apart from the obvious crashes in multiplayer.

But today i go to run Forza i get to the splash screen, then it closes, game does not start??

Nothing has changed since last night with my system, no updates performed, no updates to forza.

How can this be??

Any advice, Please don't say re-download, I'm not doing that, i had enough of that with GOW4 every time you updated your graphics driver

Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:52:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:18:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RDALCROFT Go to Quoted Post
Hello

Last night i was playing Forza fine, apart from the obvious crashes in multiplayer.

But today i go to run Forza i get to the splash screen, then it closes, game does not start??

Nothing has changed since last night with my system, no updates performed, no updates to forza.

How can this be??

Any advice, Please don't say re-download, I'm not doing that, i had enough of that with GOW4 every time you updated your graphics driver

Me too...
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:26:06 AM(UTC)
Same problem here. Yesterday the game worked fine, today it will not start. I saw, that there was a Windows Updates. I tried to uninstall the update but that didn't work...
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:34:11 AM(UTC)
check your windowsapps folder permissions. Windows updates tend to mess with this

https://www.maketecheasi...sapps-folder-windows-10/

Edited by user Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:45:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:28:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
check your windowsapps folder permissions. Windows updates tend to mess with this

ohh thx i will look into it ..... if my Forza shows only the splashscreen i install an APP from the MS Store and then Forza works again for the next 2-3times .

MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:47:52 PM(UTC)
Exact same problem.
It downloaded latest update and game just crashed at boot.

Loads game window, 2-3 seconds and then just closes window without starting actually game.

edit:

i5-3570k
AMD HD7970 (3GB)
8GB ram
Win10-64bit with latest updates.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:55:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:23:00 PM(UTC)
This happened to me yesterday and after today's patch on PC. What I did to fix this was to go to the Microsoft Store and then install Messenger, as I read that installing any random app from the store fixes this issue for some reason. It worked for me.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:46:19 PM(UTC)
it won't work permanently doing that
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:47:57 PM(UTC)
Same problem here. Fixed it by installing any random app from Windows Store.

PS - Windows store is an awful platform full of bugs and technical issues. I wish i could DL the game from Steam :'(
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:50:31 AM(UTC)

Thanks this worked...
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:29:33 AM(UTC)
Having this problem (gee-whiz what a surprise a Microsoft store game not working!). Will try the above.
Changing the Windows App name didn't work. Try random app installation. Possibly an internet/DRM problem as when I was offline and started it asked for an internet connection. With an internet connection same problem. As usual Windows Store is pure rubbish.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:44:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:14:45 AM(UTC)
This been happening since yesterday.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:30:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post
This happened to me yesterday and after today's patch on PC. What I did to fix this was to go to the Microsoft Store and then install Messenger, as I read that installing any random app from the store fixes this issue for some reason. It worked for me.

Yeah, thx buddy, worked for me too!

I downloaded the WhatsApp Web App from the Microsoft Store, then started Forza and....everything went back to normal.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:01:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RDALCROFT Go to Quoted Post

Thanks this worked...

Thank you for confirming it worked. I have posted that many times and you are the first to say it worked for you. My fix will work permanently. Ever since I did this, never had one problem with the game launching. Just be careful and follow the directions. An app opening and closing right away is an indication of a permissions problem. I discovered this way before Forza was on PC with other apps doing exactly the same thing. You don't have permission so it will close.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:08:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:34:04 PM(UTC)
I'm having the same issue over the last few days, changed the permissions and tried to DL a trash app from the store and F7 still crashes on startup. Super frustrating that this game still has teething issues nearly half a year after release...
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:49:28 PM(UTC)
Would just like to throw my name in here as a "me too." Cannot launch the game since the update. I installed all pending windows updates, uninstalled Forza, and reinstalled, but it still just flashes the splash screen and crashes to desktop. Running an i5-6400/8GB/GTX1070/Win10Pro rig with game installed on an Intel 600-series NVMe SSD.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:07:00 PM(UTC)
More troubleshooting tips for windows apps opening than closing right away. You will have to weed through it but there are various solutions. Hopefully one will work for you.

https://answers.microsof...-47d9-9f0f-2ae845ff3447
Quite a common problem but it isn't Turn 10 it is the windows store.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:12:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:39:33 PM(UTC)
Forza 7 on windows 10 is not working for me, splash screen closes inmediately (as the title of this topic goes).
My system: i7 7700k gtx 1080 w10.
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:33:26 PM(UTC)
@RDALCROFT maybe add [PC] to the end of the thread title (as suggested in the posting guidlines), the threads that are formatted how they want seem to be addressed first.
#20 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:02:20 AM(UTC)
Okay. I saw a fix on these forums (can't remember where). Basically un-install all your DLC's. Re-start PC and re-install them. that fixed it for me.
When i contacted the Forza help all they could say was it was a known issue they were investigating and I should continue with downloading apps in the mean time (even though it didn't actually work though it supposedly does).
So if this ever happens again this is what to do. There is obviously an issue with their download system and it's probably an issue with the Store, which as we all know is a pile of garbage.
#21 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 5:48:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post

This worked for me as well. Event Viewer on PC was throwing a DCOM server startup error message.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 12:46:57 PM(UTC)
go to services, start the windows pushtoinstall service. It is set for manual and should start itself as necessary, but it doesnt always trigger correctly. I ran into this problem a week or so ago, this fixes it everytime.
#23 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 5:41:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bizman65 Go to Quoted Post
go to services, start the windows pushtoinstall service. It is set for manual and should start itself as necessary, but it doesnt always trigger correctly. I ran into this problem a week or so ago, this fixes it everytime.

Bingo! This fixed me! Thank you!
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:54:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bizman65 Go to Quoted Post

It worked for Forza 7!!! and also with Forza Horizon 3! Thank you very much.

Notification

Icon
Error