5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:28:57 AM(UTC)
Always feels great to podium - I've done it maybe 4 times in a couple hundred races. Got one win but tbh it really didn't feel any different from any other podium finish.

I've had a couple Grassroots sessions where there were just 5-7 of us, including 3-4 utter noobs just trying to make it around the track for a shot at beating the 45-sec timeout. I'll hang back every now and then to offer tips and show them a half-decent line. Watched a couple of 'em struggle through 4 races like this while the other 2 kept rage quitting, trying new cars, etc. On the 4th race one of them was close enough to beat the timeout - got the throttle right on the final straight, to edge me for 3rd place. Frankly, seeing that driver reach the podium felt better than standing on it myself.
E30
#77 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 9:48:17 AM(UTC)
I won few times already and i play on full sim only with ABS on a gamepad :D It feels great. Today i'll try my best in Sports Icons which starts at 18:00 :) good luck and see You out there!
#78 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 11:50:05 AM(UTC)
Wins do feel nice, but even better when it's a close tight battle with 2nd place. :)

Elite for me has been relatively clean...I'll have a few races where things get a little muddy from time to time, but raced on Laguna and had about 6 people at Turn 1 and we all came out unscathed.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 1:12:04 PM(UTC)
I also received the 300 laps in multi-player cheevo and moved up to level 2. I think I was just too nervous before and winning once helped me calm down,There are some real dirty players in sim spec though,i was racing for 3rd and someone was waiting just before the finish line and tried to take us out,he got the 2nd place guy,so I got 2nd instead of 3rd but it just felt wrong because of the way it happened. There are lots of good racers out there but I was in some today when all they did was try and take you out,sure wish they could find a way to punish those kind of people,it really messes up things when you have those kind on the track!!

Edited by user Friday, February 9, 2018 1:31:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:13:12 PM(UTC)
Series 3 is now open.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Complete a race to earn the reward when the Series ends. The daily period for credit rewards resets at 4pm Pacific.

Series 3: February 10 - 17
  • Homologated Ghost Hot Hatch Genesis
  • Homologated Sim Damage Forza P1
  • Spec Cosmetic Damage KTM X-Bow (Stock Only)
    Series Reward: 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#81 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:21:56 PM(UTC)
I'll miss the Miata from the last series...love that car and that division. Really neutral handling and has amazing brakes (no surprise here). I have a feeling P1 is going to get pretty messy.
#82 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:38:49 PM(UTC)
So I did a Sport Compact Icons race. Member xPug Dirty x has made a nice Mitsubishi GTO.

It was in Prague so the wreckers were out in full force. Someone tried to wreck me in the first corner but, surprise!, the GTO is probably the heaviest car in this division so it's not easy to tip it off. The rest of the race was pretty much avoiding all the carnage and benefitting from others' mistakes.

I won because the 2nd place got wrecked. Tried to give him back the win, didn't work as I misjudged the finishing line. Oh well, what can I do.

Next Sim lobby is P1, this is gonna be awesome in the higher bands but in Grassroots I'll stay away from it. Better to race hot hatches in the Ghost lobby instead.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#83 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 1:04:59 PM(UTC)
Is anyone else having audio problems in league? The sound mutes down for awhile then back to normal,or is it just me?
 3 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 1:30:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone else having audio problems in league? The sound mutes down for awhile then back to normal,or is it just me?

Try this - Go into Settings - Display & Sound - Volume - Chat Mixer - Select "Do Nothing"
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 1:34:48 PM(UTC)

This is because of game chat channels. Someone is probably in game chat and the game quietens things down when their mic is active in order to let them be heard more clearly. The problem is that, most of the time, it's either someone breathing, yelling at their kids/ dog or someone doing the vacuuming in the background.
#86 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 1:52:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ali JCW Go to Quoted Post

This is because of game chat channels. Someone is probably in game chat and the game quietens things down when their mic is active in order to let them be heard more clearly. The problem is that, most of the time, it's either someone breathing, yelling at their kids/ dog or someone doing the vacuuming in the background.
1st time this has happened,i can hear people with mics ok,the cars get real quiet when racing,then loud again,no one talking at the time,may just be a thing going on for me today,i hooked my mic up to the controller-I use a wheel-to yell at some crashers and could not hear myself like it did before,maybe connected,never know with T10,has been fine until today.

1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 2:23:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ali JCW Go to Quoted Post

1st time this has happened,i can hear people with mics ok,the cars get real quiet when racing,then loud again,no one talking at the time,may just be a thing going on for me today,i hooked my mic up to the controller-I use a wheel-to yell at some crashers and could not hear myself like it did before,maybe connected,never know with T10,has been fine until today.

LOL...the only time I'll use my headset (wheel user too) is to call out the occasional idiot in Leagues (couldn't care less about rammers in regular Multiplayer as it's expected) and to talk some trash when said idiot loses.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 4:34:26 AM(UTC)
Do they have Marshalls at all in Leagues? There were several times last night in the spec league that I would of at least finished in top 3, if it hadn't been for the same several people wrecking multiple people out in the lobby.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#89 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:17:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Do they have Marshalls at all in Leagues? There were several times last night in the spec league that I would of at least finished in top 3, if it hadn't been for the same several people wrecking multiple people out in the lobby.

Theoretically there should be some but I don't know how effective they are. I dropped down from Elite to Pro and then to Enthusiast on purpose because especially in Elite there aren't many players and I'v seen the same rammers ruining lobbies in Enthusiast as when I ranked up. Grasroots is even more carnage.

The only solution seems to be to rank up to Pro or Elite (if you can). Sure, you won't have full lobbies or even 10 people to race with but at least it's cleaner. Personally, I don't like Ghost events because it's basically like a time attack.
#90 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:59:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Theoretically there should be some but I don't know how effective they are. I dropped down from Elite to Pro and then to Enthusiast on purpose because especially in Elite there aren't many players and I'v seen the same rammers ruining lobbies in Enthusiast as when I ranked up. Grasroots is even more carnage.

The only solution seems to be to rank up to Pro or Elite (if you can). Sure, you won't have full lobbies or even 10 people to race with but at least it's cleaner. Personally, I don't like Ghost events because it's basically like a time attack.

Ranking up is hard when there are three to four wreckers in the lobby, I encountered them in the spec league last night and I've been staying away from the sim leagues.

I started in second the first race and finished in 7th or 8th due to wreckers, while they plowed their way up to 3rd and 4th place spots. It's highly annoying.

Edited by user Monday, February 12, 2018 8:01:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#91 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
Not really enjoying the leagues much. Had a couple of good races wrecked by those that apparently don't like to be overtaken. Both races going outside wide, passing at a good rate and they just intentionally hit me in the side as I'm going by. Major damage from being spun.

Another race, car slides off track, comes back on and hugging the edge, I'm passing inside and I've maintained momentum and same thing, slams me in the side. How is it my car gets so out of control yet the wrecker seems to carry on??
#92 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 2:22:05 PM(UTC)
T10, please consider changing your current stance on why in lower class homologation league lobbies only short and medium circuits are used. I've already heard from others who spoke with T10 that the reason is to reduce lobby wait times.

That's a problematic response. Dubai full, a 4.5 mile long track (5th largest track in the game behind LeMan and the Ring) is in the current ghost lobby that features some pretty slow hot hatches.

The Dubai race is 2 laps and takes 6.5 minutes to complete. For this league, it's an acceptable race in terms of length.

2-4 laps on long and GP circuits (3 -4.3 mile range tracks) should also be in these leagues. If any one at T10 sees this, please explain to the staff responsible for leagues that the longer tracks really don't take that long to finish. We are much faster than the AI by in large. ;)

It's also reasonable for lower Bands to restrict some long tracks since the lap times are likely much slower than Elite and Pinnacle. However a one size fits all approach doesn't work. I'm not the only one annoyed that the best tracks in the game are not in the leagues. This may keep some players playing leagues if they know all the important tracks are in the lobby.

I read in write up in the news section the T10 is committed to make FM7 better. Please consider making these changes for leagues. It's a quick fix going forward for future leagues.

As a side note this will also help in the completion of racing on every track in multiplayer achievement.

Thanks

Edited by user Friday, February 16, 2018 2:30:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:35:55 AM(UTC)
Hi.
How do you level up in leagues? I tried it today for the first time and noticed that no one cares about running clean laps. Do clean laps not give you more league xp points? So you just have to place as high as you can?
#94 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:47:11 AM(UTC)
Also do you lost points for hitting other cars?
#95 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:09:45 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately it doesn't mather for the points and credits you get how clean or dirty you race.
#96 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:48:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VolusiaF5 Go to Quoted Post
Hi.
How do you level up in leagues? I tried it today for the first time and noticed that no one cares about running clean laps. Do clean laps not give you more league xp points? So you just have to place as high as you can?

You must stay in the lobby for more than a single race, it seems. The first race nets you no points.

IMO instead of clean laps giving points the dirty laps should penalize. This would prevent people from using tracks such as Abu Dhabi to grind points by racing dirty. A penalty of 50 points for each dirty lap would suffice.

Of course, this should be enforced only in the Ghost lobbies. In Sim lobbies people would be able to ram others to demote them.

Don't bother with Sim and Spec Cosmetic lobbies until you get out of Grassroots at the very least. Use Ghost lobbies to boost your level instead. Grassroots is vulnerable to rammers and trolls since you can enter with very low level. Sadly, slower racers will have a better experience in this game by playing against the AI. :(

Edited by user Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:51:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#97 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 5:03:21 PM(UTC)
Series 3 has finished and participants can go to the Leagues menu to collect the 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R.

Series 4 is now open.

Series 4: February 17 - 24
  • Homologated Ghost Elite Factory Racers
  • Homologated Sim Damage Sport Touring
  • Spec Sim Damage Mazda MX-5 Cup (Stock Only)
    Series Reward: Driver Gear ("High Flyer" - Pop Culture)

Complete a race in any of the events to earn the High Flyer suit. Anyone who completed a race in Series 1, 2, 3, or 4 will also receive the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V FE as a season reward. The daily period for credit rewards resets at 4pm Pacific.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#98 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
Do you not get credits now for racing in leagues? I've done 3 races today including 1 podium finish and I have received no credits for races or the bonus for 1st race and podium and no so towards driver level? Had this changed since yesterday when I was receiving credits and stuff?
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 12:05:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerWeevil Go to Quoted Post
Do you not get credits now for racing in leagues? I've done 3 races today including 1 podium finish and I have received no credits for races or the bonus for 1st race and podium and no so towards driver level? Had this changed since yesterday when I was receiving credits and stuff?

https://forums.forzamoto...eague-credits-or-xp.aspx
#100 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:30:22 AM(UTC)
Is it just me? Or did the mx5 cup league start as Spec Cosmetic then change to Spec Sim?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:42:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error