This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 6:30:35 PM(UTC)
Howdy.

Some of you may remember me from FM4. I took a break from Forza because I needed money to play with real cars rather than virtual ones :P. Here's some old work.

Here's a look into some of the aforementioned real cars:
2nd car was a slightly lifted '98 outback with all terrains and a side exit exhaust. Much fun was had, until I crashed it due to a slurpee. Keep your eyes on the road kids.

Bought a truck, welded a bull bar on and put lights on it. Was a monster in the snow.

Currently have an '01 325ci, with a few modifications to make it an absolute blast around the track. Also bought the best 1 thousand dollar Forester I could find for daily duties.

Anyway, here's a few shots to Kick this off.

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:41:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 6:31:00 PM(UTC)
Personal Favorites

Edited by user Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:25:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:17:09 AM(UTC)
Chummer!!! I remember you!

Fine work so far sir. Looking forward to more.

You'll probably remember me as SulcataChelone.

A photographer sees not through the eyes, but through the mind.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:21:12 AM(UTC)
Old Man Of The Mountain: 1990 Subaru Legacy RS

By this point in time, everyone's heard of the Subaru WRX, the roaring little car that has taken many rally wins as well as the hearts of many. The Impreza may be the one we all remember, but it's trail was blazed by its bigger brother, the Legacy. Originally destined to be a practical family sedan, it ended up being a formidable performance machine. The biggest accolade it collected was a win in the 1990 Safari Rally, which brings us to the subject of today's review: The 1990 Subaru Legacy RS.

The Legacy sold to the public was no different than the one that won the Safari Rally, other than safety equipment. It comes with a 2.0 liter flat four with a turbo strapped on, churning out 217hp. While it may struggle to keep pace with a new Camry, it was certainly quick for it's time. The engine lets loose an animal like rasp as you power through each gear, something you don't get in a Camry. The 5-speed shifts smoothly, but doesn't like being slammed around the same way a Honda does.

The Legacy is no slouch in the corners either. Despite being AWD, it has a slight propensity to oversteer if you turn in correctly, but will understeer like any other AWD if you are overly ham-fisted and lead-footed. Given the rally heritage, it comes as no surprise that there is a considerable amount of body roll, but with a deft touch it'll navigate your favorite back road with ease.

The styling is clearly a product of the late 80's, with a rounded box design. I find the front end to be very aesthetically pleasing though, with it's simple and honest design. The car looks decent in profile as well, but I do not have praise for the rear. It's not the worst thing to reach production, but I struggled at finding an angle that made it look good. The interior is classic Subaru, with a clean and functional design that may not be interior of the year but is also hard to nit pick.

A fun little car, the RS was a great start for Subaru's rally program and something that I would not mind finding in my garage one day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Random Shots

Originally Posted by: Hachikata Go to Quoted Post
Fine work so far sir. Looking forward to more.

You'll probably remember me as SulcataChelone.

I do remember you, and thanks!

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:23:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:52:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Exit0rbit Go to Quoted Post

Eyyyy Black on black on black. That's a really nice one!

#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:12:19 PM(UTC)
Nice shots, I really like that Golf shot in the beginning.

& nice cars as well, I used to have a 97 Outback in blue, no side exhausts though. ;) But welcome to the BMW family!

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted: : Friday, January 5, 2018 4:52:08 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys. I blew the engine in my Forester last night, it turns out you cant drift a car with 227k miles for 45 minutes straight.

Anyways, here's some stuff:

Thanks for looking.
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 6:29:19 PM(UTC)
You sure know how to play with the lighting! Nice shots!
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:57:07 AM(UTC)
A lot of great shots here, but these two really caught my eye!

Very nice gallery.
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 4:44:38 PM(UTC)
Very noir. I like it!

🇨🇦
#11 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 7:08:59 AM(UTC)

All of those are stunning! Great work so far and I'm looking forward to more. I'm pretty sure I remember you (though my memory can be terrible at times :P), I think my GT was still Legomaster909 around that time.
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 6:48:08 PM(UTC)
Thanks everyone, and NV I do remember the gamertag Legomaster

Here's today's update:

Let me know what you really think, something the Ferrari shots feels off, maybe over-saturated?

Edited by user Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:21:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 6:41:45 PM(UTC)
The first Ferrari shot may be a touch over-saturated but I think it works with the photo. It lends a bit to the overall atmosphere of the shot. With that being said I really like the second and third shot the best!

🇨🇦
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:18:07 PM(UTC)
Again great work with lighting! Dark, yet clear.

I don't know what this is but it's my fav shot.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:18:18 PM(UTC)
Awesome work on the 918!
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 2:57:24 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys.

#17 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 2:58:33 PM(UTC)
The angle and color works really well in the second shot!

Edit for the new update:

The first has an aggressive feel to it and the last one is great as well, nice work!

Edited by user Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:22:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 3:13:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks NV

Also check out my Gladiator Photocomp, there's no prerequisite to enter, no penalty for losing, and a prize for the winner. The more the merrier!
#19 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 3:40:16 PM(UTC)

I like the mood in this one, nice pic.
#20 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 7:05:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post

+1 Great shot. 👍

🇨🇦
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:45:53 AM(UTC)

Some great shots in your gallery, really good creative use of lighting. The car colour really works in the shot above, everything clicks.

#22 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:02:40 AM(UTC)
Loved the Scooby Legacy article style post you did with some impressive photos. Never really knew much about the Impreza's predecessor so that was really nice to read with the pictures.

The first Legacy shot is my favourite by far for its simplicity and yet striking composition, really felt it befits the era it was made.

Looking forwards to more later on!
#23 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 3:52:00 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the comments everyone :)

With the exception of the first shot, I went for more realism with this set:

It took forever to get this shot, I really wanted the blue flame with opposite lock. It took roughly an hour of timing off throttle and steering input, and reviewing replays. Not exactly the finished product I was looking for but good enough for now:

Thanks for viewing

Edited by user Friday, February 9, 2018 2:10:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:27:53 AM(UTC)

This looks about as realistic as it gets. Mission accomplished 👍
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:07:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post

+1 Great shot. 👍

+2! The last two from your new update are great as well!

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:08:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error