5 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:46:55 PM(UTC)
February Leagues ("A Lovely League")

Complete a race to earn the reward when the Series ends. The daily period for credit rewards resets at 4pm Pacific.

Series 1: January 27 - February 3
  • Homologated Ghost Classic Street Muscle
  • Homologated Sim Damage Prototype Group Racing
  • Ghost 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT12 (tuning allowed, Homologation not required - T10 is aware^)
    Series Reward: Driver Gear ("Be Mine" for Valentines)

Series 2: February 3 - 10

Series 3: February 10 - 17
  • Homologated Ghost Hot Hatch Genesis
  • Homologated Sim Damage Forza P1
  • Spec Cosmetic Damage KTM X-Bow (Stock Only)
    Series Reward: 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

Series 4: February 17 - 24
  • Homologated Ghost Elite Factory Racers
  • Homologated Sim Damage Sport Touring
  • Spec Sim Damage Mazda MX-5 Cup (Stock Only)
    Series Reward: Driver Gear ("High Flyer" - Pop Culture)

Season Reward: 2016 Cadillac ATS-V FE

[Edit: Spec leagues damage info was incorrect]

Help menu:

Leagues overview www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_12_1_17
Quote:
Forza Motorsport 7 Leagues are organized along scheduled timelines called Seasons. Each League Season will typically be four weeks in duration and each Season will be comprised of four week-long Series. Series are made up of Events – traditional multiplayer race lobbies – that operate under specific rules and use a variety of vehicles, from specific make and model races, to events based around division or class.

Leagues in Forza 7 will organize players along five skill Bands – from “Grassroots” all the way up to “Pinnacle.” Each Band will contain five Ranks – “5” being the lowest and “1” being the highest Rank within a particular Band. Players can move up (or down) in Rank and earn promotion (or demotion) between Bands by earning League Points in races. Players will always know which Band they are in and their current Rank by consulting the main Leagues screen in the game. Here’s an example:

As you can see, the Leagues home screen gives the player a lot of information. On the left side, you’ll see information on the current Season and Series, as well as the current active Events (note that there can be multiple Events open during a particular Series). You’ll also see information on what rewards you can earn for participating in a Series and for participating in the over-arching Season.

On the right side of the screen is information about you, including your current Band and Rank, the number of League Points you have earned in your current Rank, and the total League Points you need to earn to move to the next Rank. As mentioned earlier, you can move between Ranks and Bands. For instance, a Rank 5 player in Grassroots Band might move through to Rank 1 in the Grassroots Band; with enough points, that player could be promoted to the next Band (where she would start at Rank 5 in the new Band). Also, players can move down in both Rank and Band, depending on their performance in Events. That’s where scoring comes into play.

Scoring
After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.

With Opponent Skill scoring, points are awarded to the player based on their Trueskill ranking (a behind-the-scenes rating number) as compared to the rest of the lobby. If a player’s rating is lower than average of the lobby, he’ll receive more points for higher race finishes than he would if his rating was at the average or higher than the average of the lobby.

Matchmaking
We heard loud and clear from League players in Forza 6, who complained about the lack of full lobbies in the upper echelon skill tiers. With Forza 7, each of the Bands will include a higher population of players per Band. By breaking players up into multiple Ranks within those Bands, we’re able to allow more people in, but also settle in to the skill level that is right for them. In terms of Matchmaking, players will first be matched to players in a similar Band and Rank, with players from adjacent Ranks sometimes filling in the gaps.

Rewards
As you can see, Leagues in Forza Motorsport 7 are designed to bring great racing to players of all skill levels. What I’m most excited about is the ways we can reward League players. It starts with credit rewards. Every day you log into Leagues and finish an Event, you’ll be awarded with a daily credit gift. You’ll also earn a credit bonus for your first podium finish of the day. If you’re promoted to another Rank, that’s another credit bonus and, should you move between Bands after an event, you’ll get an even bigger credit bonus. In fact, the higher you go up the Bands, the more credits you can earn for promotion.

It’s not just credits. As you can see from the screen above, we’ll be able to gift League players with awesome rewards, including exclusive cars, player badges, and Driver Gear.

Edited by user Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:35:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:04:33 PM(UTC)
Taking a look at the image of the reward car for series 3 of that league, it is the 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R. I'll see if I can find what the names of those 3 driver gears are.

Edit: It looks like the series 1 and 2 driver gears are nowhere to be found in the list of driver gear.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:12:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:56:12 PM(UTC)
Dang, was hoping to see a GT Racing Reborn league, but I'm glad to see the Elite Factory Racers at least. Those are gonna be a blast to race online.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:29:13 PM(UTC)
I feel like I should recognize the logo but I can't place it. Is that "Hawks"?

3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:05:53 PM(UTC)
Does that mean the scoring system has been fixed ??

Scoring
After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points

I'm Sick of getting a DNF due to being rammed and smashed off track..
Races ends I'm in position 7 after starting in 10th but getting a negative score
Look at the results screen and I've been relegated to 13th and the 6 people who had quit during the race ended up placing before me
That's just not right

And quitting mid race doesn't seem to lose points either
Because i did that too a few races later and lost nothing

It's worse than in FM6 where DNF's were sorted by alphabetical order...something else i tested

Edited by user Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:03:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:25:03 AM(UTC)
There we have it. The Scirocco. Hope this silences a certain group of people for a while.

Caddy is not a bad prize for the season either but the rest is all Driver Gears I don't like, so I don't feel very motivated.

Ghost events can be fun if you don't care about winning, though.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:32:10 PM(UTC)
With three driver gear "rewards" for the league events, and countless locked vehicles this is getting a little annoying. Specialty dear repeating, double reward cars from last season league that were already available, and forzathon hardly in existence im finding it real difficult to play more than twice a week for more than a few races. The way T10 changed this game to try to make us play their way has been a major letdown. As a long time supporter of this franchise I hope they take notes from whats going on with Destiny and StarWars and think about how they may want to change their direction this game is heading.
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:51:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points

This has been present since the very beginning. if a player "rage quits" from a race the game will assume that they finished in last place and calculate points based on the original number of starters.

This points drop is not immediate, but happens after the race itself is completed and the player's score is recalculated once they take part in the next race.
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 12:13:53 PM(UTC)
Some good ones lined up there just a shame Pinnacle is still pretty dead. Looking to get back down to elite when I put enough races together but then this just adds to the problem. Maybe worth combining elite and pinnacle into one class so they can join the same lobbies together.
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:36:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points

This has been present since the very beginning. if a player "rage quits" from a race the game will assume that they finished in last place and calculate points based on the original number of starters.

This points drop is not immediate, but happens after the race itself is completed and the player's score is recalculated once they take part in the next race.

That's ok but doesnt change the fact that those quit finish ahead of those that stay in the race and DNF in the results...and those that DNF get punished and lose points because of it...even if the quitter hasnt even completed a lap..the one without the completed gets placed as the first DNF with a lap time of 0.00.000
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 2:04:51 PM(UTC)
Is Elite pretty populated? I'm on the verge of progressing from Professional and just make sure I should.
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 2:20:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I feel like I should recognize the logo but I can't place it. Is that "Hawks"?

I'd say it looks like a 'r' not a 'w' as the third last letter.

🇨🇦
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 1:16:11 PM(UTC)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_1_26_18
Quote:
The Series 1 reward is a special Valentine’s Day Driver Gear suit, which will be gifted to players who participate in at least one event. We’ve got a great Season Reward too – everyone who participates in the “New Year, New League” season will receive the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 1:43:39 PM(UTC)
Last night race going good I got to 3rd. (Awesome). Then everyone was dumped back to the lobby. I had 2000 points due to the drop it some how took all the points and dropped me back to tier 4 in enthusiast. I understand that these systems are hard to fix but its very frustrating when u loose hours of progress to be taken away by something u can't control. But I still love the game but just disappointed.
Senger
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 5:47:55 AM(UTC)
So its 2 Cars from a full new league and 1 car from Forzathon, a total of 3 cars unlocked in a full month while i still have over 60 !!!!!!! cars locked, seriously ?
I did never complain about locked cars until now, but at this speed it is 20 Months so over 1.5 years to unlock all. Gotta be kiddin me......
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:26:57 PM(UTC)
Just went to leagues to check out the new races...Earlier I had raced the Z4 BMW and left the race just about 100 points shy of moving to elite.. Now, for no apparent reason, I've been kicked down to level 2 in professional. So I now have to get back to level 1? I belive in the future I'll just do the minimum requirement for the car prizes and no more. Yet another aspect of this game that cannot be played correctly. So rivals is gone, online is a bad joke, now leagues wont score you properly. I expect at some point the paint shop will break and this ''game'' will be a wash for me. And to think, all I ever wanted was to drive and tune the Caddi CTS V. Wait,cant have that one either....Charles
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 5:36:19 PM(UTC)
Some confusing settings for Event 3. The title is Spec Ghost, the lobby settings show Cosmetic Damage and allow non-Homologated tuning up to S800, and the actual race is Ghosted.
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:54:55 PM(UTC)
I was pleasantly surprised to see that upgrades are allowed in the Aston Martin League. It's nice to change things up every now and then.
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:07:04 PM(UTC)
Is friction assist disabled yet because until then I'm not interested in League's. Had noticed I've gone back down to elite which is probably a good thing although last time I played I was in pinnacle and I didn't quit a race or anything so I'm guessing if you don't play for a while you start to get demoted.

Upgrades in the spec league is disappointing too imo seen as they may as well have just done a ghost exotic GT lobby instead if they wanted that but something tells me it wasn't meant to be like that. The spec league is fun because it comes down to pure player skill.

Edited by user Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:09:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:19:27 PM(UTC)
After joining a lobby where a race was in progress (spec Aston), most cars were S800, but a handful were R900 and they were racing. I didn't stick around to see if anything was corrected afterwards.

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:42:20 PM(UTC)
Didnt take long before event 2 was overrun with Porsche 550 leaderboard cars... Forza community in a nutshell
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:12:14 PM(UTC)
some guy in the Aston Martin ghost lobby using a P921 tune when it's supposed to be homologated at S800, whats up with that?
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:12:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arizer Go to Quoted Post
Is friction assist disabled yet because until then I'm not interested in League's. Had noticed I've gone back down to elite which is probably a good thing although last time I played I was in pinnacle and I didn't quit a race or anything so I'm guessing if you don't play for a while you start to get demoted.

Upgrades in the spec league is disappointing too imo seen as they may as well have just done a ghost exotic GT lobby instead if they wanted that but something tells me it wasn't meant to be like that. The spec league is fun because it comes down to pure player skill.
Pretty sure everyone loses some points from season to season. I dropped a rank/band/whatever from 1 to 2 and I just played yesterday.

I'm guessing you were Pinnacle 5.

Edited by user Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:20:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:15:27 PM(UTC)
Its not a cheat tune the league allows tunes of all kinds the restriction text ingame is incorrect.

Edited by user Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:18:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: correction

#25 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:28:30 PM(UTC)
I'm surprised the Prototype League isn't overrun with M8B's. I don't know if it's the homologation working or what but when I first saw it I thought for sure that's all it would be. I only saw a few in the hour or so I raced and they didn't seem all that special.
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error