This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:10:41 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

We are aware of an issue with the new Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One X Enhanced update that went out on Monday the 15th of January. This issue involves improper exposure calculation in certain situations, which can cause the screen to be too dark or too bright. This issue affects players on Xbox One X. We have identified the issue and will be releasing a fix; stay tuned for more information.

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:22:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#2 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:37:10 AM(UTC)
Yesssss - Thank you!!!!
#3 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:12:16 AM(UTC)
excellent! pleased they have identified the problem as I had to turn off the HDR entirely on my set it was that bad. Great work
#4 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 7:48:20 AM(UTC)
Nice! Looking forward to the patch. The current situation isn't terrible - but parts do seem too dark.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 8:14:26 AM(UTC)
And shadows and trees still appear out of nowhere when u get closer, I thought with this update for the X AF and such would be better?
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:00:32 AM(UTC)
I have had this dim picture problem since the beginning at the games release. I hope the fix works for me too.
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:11:36 PM(UTC)
Any chance that the vinyl editor will be fixed with HDR being enabled? When using the vinyl editor and HDR being on, all vinyl shapes and layers do not appear. The workaround has been to disable HDR and then go into the editor. This is happens on BOTH Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 5:40:20 AM(UTC)
Great news, though are the devs suggesting that this issue is limited to the introduction of the recent enhanced patch?

I was playing FH3 on an original XBox until the X was released. My first HDR experiences were with the X in launch week when I picked one up - I immediately noticed HDR was off in this game compared to others I own which also use HDR. I looked it up online and found people having complained of the same issue back when the S was released. I'd been hoping this enhanced patch might fix it. Basically, all vibrancy is sucked out of the image if I have HDR on. Sort of like there's a thin grey filter over screen. White text and menu blocks are practically grey. I'm playing on a 65" Samsung KS8000 set.

Hopefully this fix will finally sort it out!
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 1:35:47 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on the fix. Ill update again when I have more information for you all.

Thanks,

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#10 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 7:14:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on the fix. Ill update again when I have more information for you all.

Thanks,

Thank you! Hope you can provide us with a release date soon :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:52:45 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

thanks for the update and really hope you get this sorted! like others users im holding off playing until this is sorted. Its either that or turn HDR off entirely.
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:43:57 PM(UTC)
I have a LG 55C7V and the HDR is way too dark. Can't wait for the update since this game has really great potential for looking good in 4K HDR! I am also holding off until the update.
#13 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 4:39:10 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

I am considering buying the Ultimate Edition. As I have a (well calibrated) 4k HDR Samsung KS8000, could you please guarantee that this issue will be fixed?
4k HDR is the main reason for buying this game. If there is no guarantee, I will wait till Horizon 4 I guess.

Thanks! :)
#14 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 5:31:12 AM(UTC)
First hdr game i've tried on my new Vizio M55. At first i wanted to return the tv! Then i tried Battlefield 1 and GOW 4, man it's so beautiful in 4k hdr! I'm glad there a known problem on fh3 and a patch is coming. I'm putting the game aside until the patch too.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 5:44:24 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Any idea on what point in time the patch will be ready for release?
#16 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 12:25:57 PM(UTC)
Will this fix the random crashes I get when leaving various festival locations and I have to load up my save on a different Xbox to fix it?
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the fix for this issue is now live! Make sure your game is updated to version 1.0.117

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter

#18 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 2:39:05 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that the fix for this issue is now live! Make sure your game is updated to version 1.0.117

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter

Before I buy the game, could some please confirm this fixed the issue. Preferrably someone with a Samsung JS or KS series.

Thanks!
#19 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 3:19:42 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
Nitro Glitter

OMG! THANK YOU!!! Can't wait to try it!!!
#20 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 3:28:30 PM(UTC)
Alrighty then! Cheers and keep up the incredible work!
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:15:42 AM(UTC)
I've gotten the update installed, but the HDR image is still super dark.

Is anyone else still having issues?

I'm on a Sony X800D. All other HDR content looks fine on my TV.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:03:02 PM(UTC)
Game still appears very dark with HDR on. Sony X930E.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:08:42 PM(UTC)
Ah, another Sony then. Wonder if there's something specific about Sony sets then?
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:11:31 PM(UTC)
Still having issues with the HDR in this game. When I try to create a vinyl group, the shape I choose is always invisible. Regardless of the color or the background. When I turn off HDR in my Xbox settings, I am able to see it again.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:37:51 PM(UTC)
Looks incredible to me , game is an absolute stunner, and I love the increased draw distance on the X.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error