8 Pages123>>Next
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 5:53:33 PM(UTC)
January Leagues ("New Year, New League")

Complete a race to earn the reward when the Series ends. The daily period for credit rewards resets at 4pm Pacific.

Series 1: December 30 - January 6
  • Homologated Ghost Hot Rod Revival
  • Homologated Sim Damage NASCAR
  • Spec Cosmetic Subaru WRX '08
    Series Reward: 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI

Series 2: January 6 - 13
  • Homologated Ghost Open Wheel Legends
  • Homologated Sim Damage Modern Hot Hatch
  • Spec Ghost Porsche #92 RSR '17
    Series Reward: Jockey Driver Gear

Series 3: January 13 - 20
  • Homologated Ghost Historic Road Racing
  • Homologated Sim Damage Supercar Renaissance
  • Spec Sim Damage Ford Falcon XR8
    Series Reward: 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi Forza Edition

Series 4: January 20 - 27
  • Homologated Ghost IndyCar
  • Homologated Sim Damage Vintage Sport Coupe
  • Spec Cosmetic BMW Z4 '11
    Series Reward: Swirl Driver Gear

Season Reward: 2017 Porsche 911 RSR

Leagues overview www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_12_1_17
Quote:
Forza Motorsport 7 Leagues are organized along scheduled timelines called Seasons. Each League Season will typically be four weeks in duration and each Season will be comprised of four week-long Series. Series are made up of Events – traditional multiplayer race lobbies – that operate under specific rules and use a variety of vehicles, from specific make and model races, to events based around division or class.

Leagues in Forza 7 will organize players along five skill Bands – from “Grassroots” all the way up to “Pinnacle.” Each Band will contain five Ranks – “5” being the lowest and “1” being the highest Rank within a particular Band. Players can move up (or down) in Rank and earn promotion (or demotion) between Bands by earning League Points in races. Players will always know which Band they are in and their current Rank by consulting the main Leagues screen in the game. Here’s an example:

As you can see, the Leagues home screen gives the player a lot of information. On the left side, you’ll see information on the current Season and Series, as well as the current active Events (note that there can be multiple Events open during a particular Series). You’ll also see information on what rewards you can earn for participating in a Series and for participating in the over-arching Season.

On the right side of the screen is information about you, including your current Band and Rank, the number of League Points you have earned in your current Rank, and the total League Points you need to earn to move to the next Rank. As mentioned earlier, you can move between Ranks and Bands. For instance, a Rank 5 player in Grassroots Band might move through to Rank 1 in the Grassroots Band; with enough points, that player could be promoted to the next Band (where she would start at Rank 5 in the new Band). Also, players can move down in both Rank and Band, depending on their performance in Events. That’s where scoring comes into play.

Scoring
After each League race, you’ll earn League Points that will increase (or decrease) your total League Points score. Scoring is calculated across three different areas: Finish Position, Starting Position, and Opponent Skill. As the names imply, Finish and Starting Position award points based on where you start and where you finish, and are scaled by the number of players that you start a race with. If players drop out mid-race, you’ll be awarded the points based on the number of players who were on the grid at the start. In addition, as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.

With Opponent Skill scoring, points are awarded to the player based on their Trueskill ranking (a behind-the-scenes rating number) as compared to the rest of the lobby. If a player’s rating is lower than average of the lobby, he’ll receive more points for higher race finishes than he would if his rating was at the average or higher than the average of the lobby.

Matchmaking
We heard loud and clear from League players in Forza 6, who complained about the lack of full lobbies in the upper echelon skill tiers. With Forza 7, each of the Bands will include a higher population of players per Band. By breaking players up into multiple Ranks within those Bands, we’re able to allow more people in, but also settle in to the skill level that is right for them. In terms of Matchmaking, players will first be matched to players in a similar Band and Rank, with players from adjacent Ranks sometimes filling in the gaps.

Rewards
As you can see, Leagues in Forza Motorsport 7 are designed to bring great racing to players of all skill levels. What I’m most excited about is the ways we can reward League players. It starts with credit rewards. Every day you log into Leagues and finish an Event, you’ll be awarded with a daily credit gift. You’ll also earn a credit bonus for your first podium finish of the day. If you’re promoted to another Rank, that’s another credit bonus and, should you move between Bands after an event, you’ll get an even bigger credit bonus. In fact, the higher you go up the Bands, the more credits you can earn for promotion.

It’s not just credits. As you can see from the screen above, we’ll be able to gift League players with awesome rewards, including exclusive cars, player badges, and Driver Gear.

Edited by user Sunday, December 31, 2017 9:51:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:42:59 PM(UTC)
Excited for Nascar. Hopefully the upper tiers are actually populated by then
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 6:20:38 AM(UTC)
Love the Spec Series already since no tuning allowed - everybody the same car :)

Win prices is again just finishing one race?

Max, you should write this in the OP so no sloths
keep asking that question :p
Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:50:14 AM(UTC)
I'd prefer them to get the Forzathon working again, rather than the annoying on-line stuff (after a crashfest with AI I can at least restart).
I know other people can enjoy on-line, so it's not that I'm against it, but please not at the apparent expense of the off-line opportunities for cars and gear.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:20:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post
Love the Spec Series already since no tuning allowed - everybody the same car :)

+1

MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
#6 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 1:06:07 PM(UTC)
Some interesting leagues coming up, Looking forward to racing in a few of them.

If I may make a suggestion.... the first group is a Ghost, Sim damage & Cosmetic trio.... IMHO, keeping the groups like that means that there's something for everyone.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:49:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
January Leagues are now visible in the menu:

Series 2: January 6 - 13
  • Homologated Ghost Open Wheel Legends
  • Homologated Sim Damage Modern Hot Hatch
  • Spec Ghost Porsche #92 RSR '17
    Series Reward: Jockey Driver Gear

Series 3: January 13 - 20
  • Homologated Ghost Historic Road Racing
  • Homologated Sim Damage Supercar Renaissance
  • Spec Sim Damage Ford Falcon XR8
    Series Reward: 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi Forza Edition

Series 4: January 20 - 27
  • Homologated Ghost IndyCar
  • Homologated Sim Damage Vintage Sport Coupe
  • Spec Cosmetic BMW Z4 '11
    Series Reward: Swirl Driver Gear

To earn the reward you just need to complete a race in the series.

Season Reward: 2017 Porsche 911 RSR

It's good that you only need to do one race but it also gives you a incentive to do one race each day if you can as you get 20k i think it needs looked at as thers a few times I didn't get the 20k on my first race
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 6:48:04 PM(UTC)
I‘m still shocked about the season price.

Who at Turn 10 decides this or is in charge of it?

That car is already free for everybody who does a lap in the Hockenheim Rivals so why the hell is it now Season Price ?

Does not make sense at all exept that even more players will skip leagues.
Because how many 991 RSR do you need in your garage ??

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:05:28 PM(UTC)
Complain when you can't get a car, complain when they make sure everyone gets it. Make up your minds. There are only so many locked cars, they will milk it for at least a year like H3 with the HE cars. Sometimes multiples are good especially for League so you do not have to keep changing tunes, just have 3 different cars loaded up with different tunes. Anyone know what the garage and tune limits are? I haven't seen a post about that but maybe no one has hit them yet.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:09:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:29:50 PM(UTC)
I wonder if they have preset builds for the Spec series or if they are using stock/no upgrade cars.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:06:23 PM(UTC)
Really looking forward to Open Wheel Legends. I spent waaaaay too much time getting the Honda to handle how I like. Maybe I'll have to get some practice in running the Open S hopper and seeing if I can sneak some wins.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:25:43 AM(UTC)
Can't wait to get that BMW Z8, it's one of my favorite if not my absolute favorite car of all time along with the Maserati MC12, BMW V12 LMR, BMW Z3 and McLaren P1. I'll be buying multiple in the auction house too for sure and can't wait to see how it fairs up with this new homologation system. It wasn't really that competitive in FM6 so hopefully that's changed.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:33:46 AM(UTC)
Can't wait to get my third copy of the Porsche RSR !

Edited by user Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:37:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:03:50 PM(UTC)
I like this setup. It focuses everyone on the same leagues for a short time. Doesn't matter what the prizes are. I'm interested regardless. I'll still take the car though even if it is a repeat and some don't want it!

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:11:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vrruumm Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if they have preset builds for the Spec series or if they are using stock/no upgrade cars.

Spec series means stock.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:09:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post
Can't wait to get my third copy of the Porsche RSR !

And my second Daytona as she was in the speciality dealer...
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:17:47 PM(UTC)
I hope the nascar races have some nascar ribbons. I'm down for racing them other places too but the speedways, Sonoma short and Watkins Glen short should be in the rotation.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:02:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vrruumm Go to Quoted Post

Spec series means stock.

Which is great in my eyes.

#19 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 4:21:05 PM(UTC)
Series 1 in in the January Leagues is now active through January 6th:

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Complete a race to earn the reward when the Series ends. The daily period for credit rewards resets at 4pm Pacific.

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 4:56:32 PM(UTC)
The Porsche that’s metnioned is the #911 RSR.

The Porsche RSR that we have access to right now is the #92 RSR (although in reality it’s the IMSA-Spec #911 body with the #92 WEC livery, and oddly enough a #911 IMSA thumbnail in menus).

This means one of 2 things:

• We’re getting the “#92” we already have access to.
  • We’re getting the IMSA-Liveried #911, as a separate car model.

For reference:

IMSA:

WEC:

IMSA body with WEC livery (note the lack of “leader lights” on the door):

Edited by user Saturday, December 30, 2017 5:01:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 4:57:45 PM(UTC)
I love the Hot Rod Revival class. Only the corvette is competitive.

awesome balancing as always turn10!
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 7:48:02 PM(UTC)
Spec is a great addition; rotating ghost, cosmetic, and sim damage is great to ensure we get to try each in our preferred events.
E30
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 8:02:09 PM(UTC)
Prime time gaming hour and no one’s in leagues. 😂
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 12:56:54 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,
Can someone suggest a good league setup for the 53 corvette (new ghost series)?

Thanks in advance
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:05:10 AM(UTC)
I noticed that you can't "Change Sort" anymore. I wonder if they changed starting order. I don't think it has changed. Still based off of previous races results, which means people can still exploit it. Or it might just be purely random.

Edited by user Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:15:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error