28 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#551 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:24:44 AM(UTC)
I think the homologation simply needs a little tweaking to be much better.

Too many divisions you're racing popular cars that can barely be upgraded, cars that need restrictors of a detune, or cars that are I'm the same division but on simply different levels of performance.

A good solution, I think, would be multiple levels of homologation within a division. For example, in the modern hot hatch category it's limited to street tires and B-something. Awesome. Why not also have a modern hot hatch homologation for sport tires and for race tires with PI limits set accordingly - perhaps an A class and an S class. Now this obviously works less and less the higher up the PI path you go but it would be a great solution to many of the lower PI cars I believe.
 1 user liked this post.
#552 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:55:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
I think the homologation simply needs a little tweaking to be much better.

Too many divisions you're racing popular cars that can barely be upgraded, cars that need restrictors of a detune, or cars that are I'm the same division but on simply different levels of performance.

A good solution, I think, would be multiple levels of homologation within a division. For example, in the modern hot hatch category it's limited to street tires and B-something. Awesome. Why not also have a modern hot hatch homologation for sport tires and for race tires with PI limits set accordingly - perhaps an A class and an S class. Now this obviously works less and less the higher up the PI path you go but it would be a great solution to many of the lower PI cars I believe.

Are you saying there is too many divisions with the current system but want more options within the division???

I love the homogulated restrictions but think 60 divisions is too many. Why not just use the classic ABC divisions with tire and HP restrictions
 1 user liked this post.
#553 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:04:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Techlology Go to Quoted Post
Not in the slightest. The leaderboard cars in each division are still miles ahead of the rest.

Not sure what LB you're looking at because most leaderboards have various cars at the top. I finding myself tuning several cars for each division.

#554 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 11:14:12 AM(UTC)
Nostalgic Drag lobbies are a good example of why this homolagation doesn't work as planned. Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative that there are actual drag lobbies now. Just not what I would have picked.

The problems with the Nostalgic Drag:

- Several cars do no have the option to use the "305" tire size. Either they don't go up to 305, stopping at a 295, or they skip right over 305 and go to 315.

- The weight difference give some cars absolutely no chance to be competitive

- Sport tires, in my opinion, shouldn't be used for a drag lobby. Why have drag tires if they aren't being used?

While I do understand the need for some sort of "homolagation", or regs for making competitive racing. However this current system leaves 2 different cars usable out of I believe 8 or 9 cars.

If I was making a custom lobby for these cars, here is more what I would base the rules on,

- 295 drag tire. That's a 10.5 drag slick, a very common, real life drag

- raise the PI to top of C Class at least. By raising this PI, a few more cars could actually either reduce weight to compete, like the Chevelle or Impala or raise HP to compete like the Falcon or Nova. This way it's not once again the Dart show.

Again, I understand why there are restrictions. I only wish that the folks that choose what these restrictions are would really think about whether they're decisions actually produce the parody they are wanting or keeping most cars from being division competitive.

This division for actually circuit racing, maybe that's fine. I only ran this when I had to during single player and had no issues with it.

While I'm here, unlimited drag had been pretty fun. I do wish that there was an AWD and a separate RWD lobbies.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#555 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:43:54 PM(UTC)
Homologation doesn't help slower drivers win more races. We are still going to get beat by better drivers regardless. Set up hoppers to force faster drivers to a higher driver division. Base it on lap times not wins.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:44:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#556 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:06:47 PM(UTC)
what does it mean when it sez homogulated?

[Mod Edit - thread merged, see first post - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:09:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#557 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:59:31 PM(UTC)
I understand the move towards a formula of homologation, but I do feel that tunable options, gearboxes, anti-roll bars, differentials, suspensions, should be permitted as tunable no matter what car or class. I can understand power increases, aero aides and weight reductions being limited. Any good driver is going to want to tune the car to suit personal style.

2 users liked this post.
#558 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 2:31:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MINIFAN67 Go to Quoted Post
I understand the move towards a formula of homologation, but I do feel that tunable options, gearboxes, anti-roll bars, differentials, suspensions, should be permitted as tunable no matter what car or class. I can understand power increases, aero aides and weight reductions being limited. Any good driver is going to want to tune the car to suit personal style.

Remove the parts and rebuild it. You should be able to put most if not all of the adjustable parts. Tip: adjustable transmission are not always best use of PI even if cars seems to need it.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 5/20/2045 6:14:57 AM(UTC)
#559 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 12:27:49 AM(UTC)
A problem I have with this mish mash PI/homologation system is you end up with some cars that cannot be made up to the top of the homologation PI class.

Cars like the Merc W154, and a large number of race cars, just end up short on PI even with all the possible upgrades installed.

The Merc W154 ends up 4 PI short with no way to make up the difference. Its tire upgrades either break the homologation limit, or cost a ridiculous amount of PI, and all of its engine upgrades are unsuable because the car is already at the power limit in its class.

Quite a few modern GT cars have no real upgrades other than a very limited selection of restrictor plates and race brakes that eats up way too much PI.

You do have some leeway with rims but quite honestly, performance adjustments should be separated from visual customization in games like this. When do you ever see GT3 cars running Fifteen52 rims just to be able to compete in its class in real life?

This system is just a pain without finer weight and HP adjustments.
 4 users liked this post.
#560 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:40:19 PM(UTC)
The homoglation system is so good that everyone in the class C league event is using a honda civic 97

Much balance, much wow

This system only makes 1-2 cars the best, remove it from league play and make it PL based.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:22:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#561 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
I rememeber when the game came out it was a Clio cup
#562 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:01:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

If everyone was using the same cars it would be balanced, but my BMW can barely compete with the civics, I'd rather do weight reduction than use sport tires for more acceleration on straights.
#563 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:01:11 PM(UTC)
I know, I feel like I'm being penalised for trying something different to the rest of the field.
Trouble is, other cars I've tried are almost a second a lap slower than the lobby favourite.
#564 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:04:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

That was modern hot hatch this is hot hatch icons.
 4 users liked this post.
#565 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:20:50 PM(UTC)
Still is the Clio in modern hot hatch.
Now the world conquering 97 civic in icons.
So much for homoligation levelling the field😂😂
#566 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:59:11 AM(UTC)
Tuesday we got the Dorito car pack (horrible name). It had a car that I was asking to have introduced to Forza ('55 Belair) wish this was a hardtop. I was all excited, looked it up and it is in the hot rod revival division, with only one other car! 49 Mercury...why put them in a classic car division or something. What division is the 57 belair in? I don't understand why some of these divisions only have a couple of cars. If there are only a car or two, they will never be available online! Makes no logical sense to me

2013 HRPT long hauler in my 45th Anniversary SS!!!
#567 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:45:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Morpheus 2309 Go to Quoted Post

If you use the forza homologation then they are much closer on track with equal drivers.

If you build it yourself, then no it is just the same as FM6 LB cars only slower since PI isn't maxed.

Honestly I am changing my opinion and believe regular hoppers should be class based. That said, I believe leagues should be forza homologation only, no personal builds, just tune what parts the forza build allows. I like the homologation for career for the most part. Just drivitars need adjustments. Stock only drivers, sorry but nothing in modern gt can touch DBR9 stock so no division and homologation is needed for career. Freeplay allows any version to be used.
#568 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:58:20 AM(UTC)

Run the forza homologation build and they will run closer together.
Build yourself within homologation and you will get a slower version of the same LB Cars from FM6.

I now think homologation should be career and leagues with forza build only in latter. Open class base should be in regular multiplayer hoppers from E to A. Keep S, R, P, and X homologation and division based imo.
#569 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:09:49 PM(UTC)

What you want is a spec series not homologation. There's nothing wrong with a spec series in leagues but all the personal builds and stuff is allowed with homologation.
#570 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 4:50:14 AM(UTC)
There is a very important adjustment to FM7 that makes all the difference in the fun of the game.
WE NEED TO CHOOSE TO RUN WITHOUT ENHANCEMENTS!
This option already exists in the game in RIVALS mode and needs to be extended also in the FREE GAME and especially in the FORZA PILOTS CUP.
For this reason I play more FM6 than FM7.
Think about it, it's all about making an existing option available in the game.
Peace!
 1 user liked this post.
#571 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 8:47:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MINIFAN67 Go to Quoted Post

I agree with you, my friend!
The homologation is taking the pilot's ability to upgrade his car in his own way.
The FM7 guys need to review this urgently!
 1 user liked this post.
#572 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 9:11:43 AM(UTC)

I think homolagation should be made available only for online activities.
In offline activities, FM7 should remain as FM6 (being able to run without improvements).
I'm an offline player and ratification approval is killing the fun of the game!
Adjust this, please!
#573 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 2:27:22 PM(UTC)

Hello
Today I finished the Forza rider's cup and I really enjoyed the surprise that more challenges were open.
But I still have suggestions about the HOMOLOGATIONS:

- PILOT CUP - We need an option that does not require homologation of any chosen car.
For many riders, this obligation to homologate any car takes much of the challenge that the game can provide.
The option to homologate or not, should be the pilot.

- FREE GAME - When we want to create any lobby, I realize that we can not do exactly any lobby, because when choosing any type of car, I can not change the power limit of my lobby, for example.
In the free game, we must have total freedom to create any type of lobby.
That would greatly increase the fun of the game!
A hug!
#574 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 11:30:20 AM(UTC)
Hello guys!
About HOMOLOGATION:

- I do not find it funny how HOMOLOGATION is available in FM7.

- Separate cars by power, type of tire, etc., AND DO NOT GIVE THE OPTION TO RUN WITHOUT ENHANCEMENTS, it discharges the cars of the pilots, besides making our cars all the same for the races (it loses a lot of the fun).

- If we think of trackdays like those in Nordschleiffe in real life, we see the most varied cars running on the same track at the same time. Sports cars with sedans, SUV's, with Exotics, etc.

- In short - HOMOLOGATION in FM7 has to be reviewed, okay?

A hug!
#575 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:41:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELIM0N 007 Go to Quoted Post
The homoglation system is so good that everyone in the class C league event is using a honda civic 97

Much balance, much wow

This system only makes 1-2 cars the best, remove it from league play and make it PL based.

With homologation the broken car is 1 of 10.

Without homologation the broken car is 1 of 700 (depending on class).

Which do you think it's easier to balance?

Not to mention the homologation stops Super Jeeps and AWD rockets dead on their tracks. I do not want to race Jeeps on tarmac courses (which is why Forza Motorsport needs offroad tracks ASAP, but that's talk for another topic). Likewise, I do not want to make the car handle in a way I hate just for it to become competitive in its class.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
28 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error