This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
16 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 10:41:01 PM(UTC)
Clue 3: It must be the DeLorean.
#152 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 10:42:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GER FIXER303 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post
For the record, none of these cars have ever been seen in Forza games before. For two I see ZERO correct answers so far.

Great guesses and thinking though.

And that, friends, is some VERY GOOD NEWS.

Too bad we won’t be seeing either the Tyrell P34 or Brabham Fan Car, though.

Whats your idea for clue #3 then? You cant just shove aside what pretty much everyone is thinking

Not shoving anything aside, or throwing shade. Just that I’m pretty sure someone had guessed each of those cars before John said “ZERO correct answers so far.” Hence, my comment.

"For two I see ZERO correct answers so far"
Gotta quote the entire sentence ;)

1 user liked this post.
#153 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:14:43 AM(UTC)
Clue one: Might be Jensen Intceptor American motor ,british car car Italien Design.
Clue 2: Wector W8
Clue 3: ?
Clue 4: ?
Clue 5: if it's a Taxi it prehaps it could be a Checker, An maybe a Cirtoen 2CV
it's very basic and James bond either chased being chased in a Bond movie.
Clue 6: ?
Clue 7: Ford Transit ,VW Transporter
#154 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:16:42 AM(UTC)
2. When talking about being unnecessary and over the top next to power the Hennessey Venom F5 with 1600HP and a projected top speed over 300 MPH comes to mind.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:17:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 2:04:30 AM(UTC)
For the record, none of these cars have ever been seen in Forza games before. For two I see ZERO correct answers so far.

Great guesses and thinking though.

And that, friends, is some VERY GOOD NEWS.

Too bad we won’t be seeing either the Tyrell P34 or Brabham Fan Car, though.

Whats your idea for clue #3 then? You cant just shove aside what pretty much everyone is thinking

Not shoving anything aside, or throwing shade. Just that I’m pretty sure someone had guessed each of those cars before John said “ZERO correct answers so far.” Hence, my comment.

"For two I see ZERO correct answers so far"
Gotta quote the entire sentence ;)

I don’t, really, as I’m not writing an essay in Chicago Style or whatever here and my point was made. For you, though? Fixed.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 2:06:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#156 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 2:34:00 AM(UTC)
Clue 2: a Tramontana...
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 2:40:09 AM(UTC)

I don’t, really, as I’m not writing an essay in Chicago Style or whatever here and my point was made. For you, though? Fixed.

I think the intended point of quoting the whole sentence is that that sneaky johniwanna (sp?) guy might've been specifically referring to clue number 2 with the "for two" bit.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#158 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 5:19:25 AM(UTC)
#5. I was thinking 2 possible answers on a general outline
1. Any 4 door Ford LTD
2. Any 4 door Plymouth Gran Fury
#159 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:06:34 AM(UTC)
1. The Inferno Supercar
#160 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:11:43 AM(UTC)
2. Excessive and over the top...

I know a lot of people are thinking about speed, but it could also mean an unnecessarily luxurious car (that could also have some unnecessary amount of power)

I think either a Merc S63 AMG or an E63 S wagon (they both seem pretty over the top, but I'd still want one).
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen
 2 users liked this post.
#161 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:01:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BrettBob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
1. --------
2. ---------
3. -------
4. 1960 Chrysler 300G with the 392
5. Chevrolet Caprice PPV
6. Stutz Bearcat
7. ----------

It said long before the Hemi, that means it's not the Chrysler.

being an owner of several Chrysler 300 letter series cars I can tell you that in 1960 it would be the 300F and 1961 would have been the 300G both would have had the 413 with dual 4 barrel carbs. last year for the 392 hemi was 1958. however it would be nice to see these cars in forza. a lot of people overlook these high performance luxury cars.
#162 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:08:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: codowner22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ftpdoug Go to Quoted Post
Clue 1,

Maybe the Inferno Exotic? Mexican design, built in Italy?

Fish(the sea, oversea) Tacos(Mexican) Pasta(Italian)

it cant be that because california invented fish tacos
#163 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
number 7 is a mercedes unimog
 1 user liked this post.
#164 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:34:59 AM(UTC)
REALLY hoping #5 is the '68 Mustang fastback from BULLITT....
 1 user liked this post.
#165 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:37:20 AM(UTC)
I am fixed on clue 5 bare bones, chase, or be chased, and have seen some great choices from everyone. Earlier I posted the Plymouth Road Runner for obvious reasons, however, I'm thinking the 1968 Dodge Super Bee, or 1968 or '69 Ford Fairlane Cobra could also be considered due to the fact that like the Road Runner, these car's could be ordered with go fast goodies and zero frills. A vintage American muscle car hasn't been in a download pack in quite awhile and in my opinion, long overdue.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:38:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#166 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:13:25 AM(UTC)
Clue 3 = Mazda Furai
 1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:46:34 AM(UTC)
It's December and with the December Content Update bringing 7 new cars to Forza Motorsport 7 it's time for the December DLC Clue Thread.

The rules are simple. Be good to each other, try to limit your posts to one per car, editing is allowed, and keep wish list posts to wish list threads.

Here are your clues for December:

Clue 1
Sometimes I like fish tacos, but other times I just prefer pasta with sausage.

Clue 2
If someone tells you that something is unnecessary or over-the-top, it’s probably something you actually want and you should talk to that other person anymore.

Clue 3
One-off, one-win wonder!

Clue 4
Long before the Hemi, there were other engines with hemispherical heads that radically improved performance. This car is one of them.

Clue 5
Bare bones and basic. You could chase or be chased in it.

Clue 6
This will become the oldest car in the Forza Motorsport series.

Clue 7
This is a rig that can truly do just about anything depending on the configuration.

I will check the thread over the weekend and like posts that are either totally correct or sometimes in correct to keep you off the track of guessing all the cars.

Now have at it and have fun. I will reveal the logic behind the clues in the #TuesdayDrive on Mixer and Twitch at 1 p.m. Pacific.

Johniwanna

Clue #1 1971 Pontiac Firebird Pegasus- I highly doubt this is in, but it's a Pontiac with a Ferrari V12, and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Clue #2 1986 Ford Shogun- This thing is about as over the top as it gets.

Clue #3 STP-Paxton Turbocar- This isn't the answer, but it's the only car I could think of.

Clue #4 1955 Peugeot 403- I have no idea, this is a shot in the dark.

Clue #5 1965 Ford Transit- I am just copying everyone else haha.

Clue #6 1931 Alfa Romeo 8c 2300- We already have the newer one, why not the old one as well?

Clue #7 1953 Jeep CJ-3a- Jeep advertised that you could turn this into a tractor if you wanted to, so maybe this is it?
#168 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:59:08 AM(UTC)
Clue 2: I think it could be the jaguar project 8.

Clue 3: this could be the rolls Royce sweptail because there’s only 1 car.

I suppose the rolls Royce sweptail goes into both those clues.
#169 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:12:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxNOTABLECOPIES Go to Quoted Post
From what ive seen, looks like there wont be any race cars this time around.

isn't one of the clues along the lines of "1 off, 1 win"? that hints toward a race spec model to me.
#170 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:15:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sam Orifici Go to Quoted Post
2. Excessive and over the top...

I know a lot of people are thinking about speed, but it could also mean an unnecessarily luxurious car (that could also have some unnecessary amount of power)

I think either a Merc S63 AMG or an E63 S wagon (they both seem pretty over the top, but I'd still want one).

Could also be, though I hope to god not, summin like the Merc G Wagon 6x6.
#171 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:27:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
#3 Cant be the p34 as it raced in ~30 gps. Thats not "one-off". It has to be a car that got banned after one race=bt46b

It was also the only 6 wheeled F1 car. The "one-off" part could be referring to that, rather than a single race.

pretty sure there was also the 6 wheeled March, 4 wheels at the rear and 2 up front. Or did that compete in F3000?
#172 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:44:04 AM(UTC)
I wanted to say #5 was the Dodge Magnum SRT8 as it was a police car, powerful enough to get away, and hasn’t been in....that many racing games period. But I don’t know if I would call in “bare bones and basic”
#173 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 11:47:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tonymontanadu54 Go to Quoted Post
Clue 3 = Mazda Furai

That car was in Forza 4.
#174 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:13:03 PM(UTC)
Last one makes me think of a Pontiac Aztek. Came with optional packages for just about every outdoor activity (detachable cooler/storage compartment, tents)
"As a 4-door crossover with a front engine and four-wheel drive, the Aztek featured a four-speed automatic transmission with a V-6 engine. Marketed by Pontiac as a "sport recreational vehicle," the Aztek used a shortened platform shared with GM's minivans (e.g., the Pontiac Montana) featuring 94 cubic feet of cargo room capable of carrying a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood with its rear seats removed. The design employed conventional rear swing-open kammback rather than sliding doors and a bi-parting rear tailgate, the lower section formed with seat indentations and cupholders. Other features included a rear center console that doubled as a removable cooler, rear stereo controls in the cargo area, a sliding cargo floor with grocery compartments and an available camping package with an attachable tent and inflatable mattress."
"The Aztek was produced at General Motors' Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, assembly plant, where it shared an assembly line with the Buick Rendezvous. In Canada, it filled the gap left since the Sunrunner's discontinuation in 1997, while in the US and Mexico it was the first Pontiac-badged SUV ever sold. At launch, the Aztek was available with either front-wheel drive or Versatrak, a full-time, fully automatic all-wheel drive system which provided traction in the snow or rain and could handle moderately rough off-road surfaces.

The Aztek was one of the first automobiles to be designed entirely using computerized rapid-prototyping/rapid-visualization tools. The dashboard was designed by Johnson Controls, and featured Pontiac's trademark red lighting scheme along with an optional heads-up display.

The Aztek was able to carry within its interior a standard 4 feet (1.2 m) by 8 feet (2.4 m) sheet of plywood and was available with two rear cargo area options: a pull-out cargo tray that held up to 400 pounds (180 kg) that rolled on built-in wheels when removed from the vehicle, or a versatile cargo net system that held up to 200 pounds (91 kg) and could be configured (a claimed) 22 different ways. Options included a center console that doubled as a removable cooler and a tent/inflatable mattress package that, along with a built-in air compressor, allowed the Aztek to double as a camper. Extending this image was a seat-back mounted backpack, and a number of specialty racks for bicycles, canoes, snowboards, and other such items. An optional 10 speaker Pioneer stereo system provided a set of controls located at the rear of the vehicle for tail-gate parties as well as an unusual 2-piece tailgate with built-in cup-holders and contoured seating area for added comfort."

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:18:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#175 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:26:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lurn2Turn Go to Quoted Post
Last one makes me think of a Pontiac Aztek. Came with optional packages for just about every outdoor activity (detachable cooler/storage compartment, tents)
"As a 4-door crossover with a front engine and four-wheel drive, the Aztek featured a four-speed automatic transmission with a V-6 engine. Marketed by Pontiac as a "sport recreational vehicle," the Aztek used a shortened platform shared with GM's minivans (e.g., the Pontiac Montana) featuring 94 cubic feet of cargo room capable of carrying a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood with its rear seats removed. The design employed conventional rear swing-open kammback rather than sliding doors and a bi-parting rear tailgate, the lower section formed with seat indentations and cupholders. Other features included a rear center console that doubled as a removable cooler, rear stereo controls in the cargo area, a sliding cargo floor with grocery compartments and an available camping package with an attachable tent and inflatable mattress."
"The Aztek was produced at General Motors' Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, assembly plant, where it shared an assembly line with the Buick Rendezvous. In Canada, it filled the gap left since the Sunrunner's discontinuation in 1997, while in the US and Mexico it was the first Pontiac-badged SUV ever sold. At launch, the Aztek was available with either front-wheel drive or Versatrak, a full-time, fully automatic all-wheel drive system which provided traction in the snow or rain and could handle moderately rough off-road surfaces.

The Aztek was one of the first automobiles to be designed entirely using computerized rapid-prototyping/rapid-visualization tools. The dashboard was designed by Johnson Controls, and featured Pontiac's trademark red lighting scheme along with an optional heads-up display.

The Aztek was able to carry within its interior a standard 4 feet (1.2 m) by 8 feet (2.4 m) sheet of plywood and was available with two rear cargo area options: a pull-out cargo tray that held up to 400 pounds (180 kg) that rolled on built-in wheels when removed from the vehicle, or a versatile cargo net system that held up to 200 pounds (91 kg) and could be configured (a claimed) 22 different ways. Options included a center console that doubled as a removable cooler and a tent/inflatable mattress package that, along with a built-in air compressor, allowed the Aztek to double as a camper. Extending this image was a seat-back mounted backpack, and a number of specialty racks for bicycles, canoes, snowboards, and other such items. An optional 10 speaker Pioneer stereo system provided a set of controls located at the rear of the vehicle for tail-gate parties as well as an unusual 2-piece tailgate with built-in cup-holders and contoured seating area for added comfort."

hate to burst your bubble but it was in Forza 6, sooooo its not gonna be in this time
16 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error