This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
16 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:12:04 PM(UTC)
It's December and with the December Content Update bringing 7 new cars to Forza Motorsport 7 it's time for the December DLC Clue Thread.

The rules are simple. Be good to each other, try to limit your posts to one per car, editing is allowed, and keep wish list posts to wish list threads.

Here are your clues for December:

Clue 1
Sometimes I like fish tacos, but other times I just prefer pasta with sausage.

Clue 2
If someone tells you that something is unnecessary or over-the-top, it’s probably something you actually want and you should talk to that other person anymore.

Clue 3
One-off, one-win wonder!

Clue 4
Long before the Hemi, there were other engines with hemispherical heads that radically improved performance. This car is one of them.

Clue 5
Bare bones and basic. You could chase or be chased in it.

Clue 6
This will become the oldest car in the Forza Motorsport series.

Clue 7
This is a rig that can truly do just about anything depending on the configuration.

I will check the thread over the weekend and like posts that are either totally correct or sometimes in correct to keep you off the track of guessing all the cars.

Now have at it and have fun. I will reveal the logic behind the clues in the #TuesdayDrive on Mixer and Twitch at 1 p.m. Pacific.

Johniwanna

Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

#2 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:18:55 PM(UTC)
#6,the model t or the 32 ford.#5 has to be a cop car of some kind.

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:36:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:22:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
36,the model t or the 32 ford
32 ford cant be in dlc pack i think its already in the game just not available in the dealership. would be fun to have a model T though but im sure it could be a old race car from the 20s or early 30s instead of a model T

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:23:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:23:10 PM(UTC)
Ford built the 1st hemi and moved production to Packard,based on the merlin engine.They got the blue prints from Rolls Royce.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:23:17 PM(UTC)
Clue 6

Currently the 1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe is the oldest drivable car in the Forza series.

I'll guess the Alfa Romeo P2.
https://en.wikipedia.org.../1930_Monaco_Grand_Prix

Here's the video of the 1931 Benley 8 Litre in FM4 (not drivable)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HKmZtS7RM

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 3:21:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:26:22 PM(UTC)
4: Fiat 130hp
#7 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:26:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Clue 6

Currently the 1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe is the oldest drivable car in the Forza series.

I'll guess the Alfa Romeo P2.
https://en.wikipedia.org.../1930_Monaco_Grand_Prix

Is it drivable? No one has it that I have seen.

[Mod Edit - You can drive it in Free Play in FM7 and as DLC in FH3, so yes. - MM]

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:34:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:27:30 PM(UTC)
Clue #3 sounds like the Brabham BT46B fan car, which won its only grand prix appearance in 1978.

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:29:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:31:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Clue #3 sounds like the Brabham BT46B fan car, which won its only grand prix appearance in 1978.

You just beat me with that, I was so excited haha.

Really looking forward to driving this
#10 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:32:52 PM(UTC)
1. --------
2. ---------
3. -------
4. 1960 Chrysler 300G with the 392
5. Chevrolet Caprice PPV
6. Stutz Bearcat
7. ----------

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:33:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:33:03 PM(UTC)
Clue #1 : Ferarri Portofino
Clue #2 : Bugatti Chiron
Clue #3 :
Clue #4 : Peugeot 403
Clue #5 : Plymouth Road Runner
Clue #6 :
Clue #7 :

Edited by user Monday, December 4, 2017 2:53:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:34:05 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread's for guessing clues, not wishlisting - MM]

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:35:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:37:26 PM(UTC)
One off one win Ferrari 512 SP
#14 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:38:56 PM(UTC)
Clue 1 sounds like some kind of Ferrari California.
#15 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:39:41 PM(UTC)
3. First thing I thought of was the F1 fan car, the BT46B thanks to the post before mine.

7. MAN Race Truck, from road racing, to Dakar, to hauling freight. Seems to fit the clue perfectly.

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:43:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:41:24 PM(UTC)
#3: Brabham BT46B [agree with CarlsonsRaiders]
#4: 1950's Jaguar D-Type
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:42:40 PM(UTC)
Most have me baffled but after a few months on the forum here. #2 - Is it a Locked Car?

Glad I went with this DLC monthly concept it is quite exciting.

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:43:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Usually hanging out at position 12 so you will need to look in your rearview mirror to see me.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:43:04 PM(UTC)
Clue 1

If this isn't an old Lamborghini 350GT, and if it corresponds to the popular German/Italian cooperative construction idea, then I submit the BMW-powered De Tomaso Guara.

Clue 2
If someone tells you that something is unnecessary or over-the-top, it’s probably something you actually want and you should talk to that other person anymore.

If not the Chiron, than perhaps over-the-top refers to ostentatious style rather than performance. 1980 Stutz Bearcat.

Clue 3
One-off, one-win wonder!

If the P34 is wrong...Well, I can't find explicit information about its record, but the double-engined Pike's Peak Suzuki Escudo may very well have only raced at that one event, and it more than likely was the only one of its ilk. Plus, the "one-off, one-win" seems like it could be a kind of word-play, with 1+1=2 engines. I don't know. Reasoning seems iffy, but I've got nothing else.

Clue 4
Long before the Hemi, there were other engines with hemispherical heads that radically improved performance. This car is one of them.

Chrysler started build Hemis in the early 50s, so to be long before that...Lancia was building them in the 30s, but John said no correct answers but one close. I'll pretend mine was the close one and go with the 1946 Lancia Aprilia Corsa.

Clue 5

"Follow that cab" is something heard in movies and shows so much it has its own TVTropes page. Lots of cars have been used as taxis over the years, including by fleeing individuals and their pursuers in fiction, but the most ubiquitous and mundane (perhaps not withstanding the Crown Victoria) is the Chevrolet Caprice, circa 1996. I'm not sure "bare bones" is a good term for it given its size, but fleet vehicles are often sold with little to nothing in the options category, so basic most certainly applies.

Clue 6

If the Model T was wrong, I'll go a bit richer: 1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C "Tulipwood Torpedo"

Clue 7
This is a rig that can truly do just about anything depending on the configuration.

If the Power Wagon and the Kaiser are both wrong, maybe I've been thinking about this the wrong way. Available as a pickup, ute, panel van, hatchback, twin engined 4x4, etc., the Renault 2CV is as versatile as they come.

Edited by user Monday, December 4, 2017 4:44:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:43:31 PM(UTC)

'31 Cadillac Fleetwood.. Or any other car Liberace had lol
#20 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:45:32 PM(UTC)
#1 Inferno Exiotic Car (https://www.infernoexoticcar.com/)
#2 Bugatti Chiron

#4 AC Frua

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 3:00:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Blog: OPC Diary | @ishisaka
#21 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:47:43 PM(UTC)
Clue 4. 1957 to 1959 Jaguar xk 150

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 2:54:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:48:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
1. --------
2. ---------
3. -------
4. 1960 Chrysler 300G with the 392
5. Chevrolet Caprice PPV
6. Stutz Bearcat
7. ----------

It said long before the Hemi, that means it's not the Chrysler.
#23 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:51:34 PM(UTC)
Clue 5. 1934 ford v8 deluxe
#24 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:52:30 PM(UTC)
2 = Dodge Challenger Demon?
#25 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 2:52:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post
It's December and with the December Content Update bringing 7 new cars to Forza Motorsport 7 it's time for the December DLC Clue Thread.

The rules are simple. Be good to each other, try to limit your posts to one per car, editing is allowed, and keep wish list posts to wish list threads.

Here are your clues for December:

Clue 1

Clue 2

Clue 3
One-off, one-win wonder!

Clue 4

Clue 5

Clue 6

Clue 7

I will check the thread over the weekend and like posts that are either totally correct or sometimes in correct to keep you off the track of guessing all the cars.

Now have at it and have fun. I will reveal the logic behind the clues in the #TuesdayDrive on Mixer and Twitch at 1 p.m. Pacific.

Johniwanna

Clue 3: Brabham BT46b
Clue 4: MG MGA
Clue 6: 1927 Ford Model T

More guesses incoming.

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 3:22:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

16 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error