17 Pages<<14151617PrevNext
#376 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 5:55:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NO DeCLouie TRC Go to Quoted Post
I believe I am so close, actually just at a 1:44,2, was ahead of him at the last long straight, but messed up the next turn. Until then I was nearly .3 faster than my previously lap, which was only 0.05 slower then that lap.
Still don't have a clue to the second to last turn. Can't confirm it, but maybe when hitting rev-limiter in 3rd gear is faster than lifting throttle, still hard to hold the line and don't hit the grass.

Edit: da.., that was really close, down to 1:43,887, and on a later lap I was +0.100 at first time split and -.057 at the time split after the caroussel, and messed up, arghh

If you're racing against Josef's ghost, may I suggest picking a ghost that's a 1 to 2 seconds quicker and use them as a rabbit to pull you around the track. You don't have to beat them, just stay as close as possible. They'll be far enough ahead where they shouldn't distract you but close enough where you may be able to pick up tips on why they're faster.

You have the speed. You just need the consistency to stitch the lap together.

#377 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:20:43 PM(UTC)

I don't think I'll be able to catch him. F1 cars are not my thing and I've never really played with them in this game. I've done about 200 laps switching between controller and wheel...
#378 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:07:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tbohar Go to Quoted Post

I don't think I'll be able to catch him. F1 cars are not my thing and I've never really played with them in this game. I've done about 200 laps switching between controller and wheel...

I hope you're using an Indy Car, not an F1 car.
#379 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:30:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NO DeCLouie TRC Go to Quoted Post
I believe I am so close, actually just at a 1:44,2, was ahead of him at the last long straight, but messed up the next turn. Until then I was nearly .3 faster than my previously lap, which was only 0.05 slower then that lap.
Still don't have a clue to the second to last turn. Can't confirm it, but maybe when hitting rev-limiter in 3rd gear is faster than lifting throttle, still hard to hold the line and don't hit the grass.

Edit: da.., that was really close, down to 1:43,887, and on a later lap I was +0.100 at first time split and -.057 at the time split after the caroussel, and messed up, arghh

If you're racing against Josef's ghost, may I suggest picking a ghost that's a 1 to 2 seconds quicker and use them as a rabbit to pull you around the track. You don't have to beat them, just stay as close as possible. They'll be far enough ahead where they shouldn't distract you but close enough where you may be able to pick up tips on why they're faster.

You have the speed. You just need the consistency to stitch the lap together.

I usually do when I got that close, but until then I was still half a second back. Still have one on my friends list who is faster, but thats another second, so may be too far away to get hints. I think I will look at the 43,3 area, that may still be faster then my personal projected perfect lap. But I may only have one shot left, just coming home from my night shift, and am too tired to really try, so it has to be, when I wake up.

Yeah, thats true. I need consistency, but I tried to get that since FM2, (I also played FM1, but only offline, so did no hotlapping)

Edit: ooooh, 1:43,819 :'-(

Edited by user Monday, October 16, 2017 10:26:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#380 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 11:41:25 PM(UTC)
my son and i have been attempting this Rival. He has beaten the time required consistantly, but every lap is labelled dirty, as they start off as dirty when its not and his times will not appear on the leaderboard..i haven't beaten the time, my laps are all dirty as they start off as dirty and the laptimes again do not appear on the leaderboard :(
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
#381 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 11:47:57 PM(UTC)
What are all the Assist settings you're using?
#382 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 11:57:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
What are all the Assist settings you're using?

My son uses just ABS on and driving line....me, well it's er..a bit embarrasing..cough all but 'friction assist' cough.

Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
#383 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:04:07 AM(UTC)
"all" isn't clear - all on Super Easy? Have you tried using a preset Assists setting that doesn't use any Super Easy or Assisted settings? What about shifting? Have you tried different shifting assists?
#384 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:32:50 AM(UTC)
Could just be a dirty last sector too...
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#385 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:33:13 AM(UTC)
I ran a 1:43.708 last night with no assists. As of now, only 5 drivers (myself included) have beat his time not using any assists.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:27:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#386 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:24:03 AM(UTC)
I finally beat his time with 1:43.771. It was a pain in the rear and took me like 300 laps but I did it. FeelsGoodMan. Crazy how there are people that are a full 2 seconds ahead of my time though, that's crazy fast.
#387 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:40:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: itroitnyah Go to Quoted Post
I finally beat his time with 1:43.771. It was a pain in the rear and took me like 300 laps but I did it. FeelsGoodMan. Crazy how there are people that are a full 2 seconds ahead of my time though, that's crazy fast.

i got a 1:43,78* today, with about 200 laps. know that feel dude.
its possible to gain 0.2 sec in every sector with the perfect lap, with my lap as reference.
1:41*** isnt human in my opinion lol.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:44:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#388 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:15:23 PM(UTC)
OK, that's it. If nobody gets in between I am officially the unluckiest man here
Josef 357th
me: 358th

Had to go to work now, so missed it by 0,012 seconds

The last nearly 4 hours were so frustrating, could get any lap together, once in a while a 1:44,0 or ,2 but nowhere like I was this morning (european time)
#389 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:44:56 PM(UTC)
Haha yes indy car sorry. Again these are not my thing. I'm now at 1.44.709 or so... gonna keep having a go at it but it's not going to happen. I'm just too slow
#390 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:55:07 PM(UTC)
6 years after FM4 and T10 still doesn't have a working clock. Event was closed at least 30m before 7, and probably quite a bit longer.

I guess it's really my fault, I should have remembered they finish early. I just wonder why they even bother mentioning end times.
#391 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:08:50 PM(UTC)
At closing time, Newgarden was ranked 363 out of 26,238 worldwide times.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:10:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#392 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:35:31 PM(UTC)
They really should give the car to those that run under 1.46 or 1.45... this was nuts
#393 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:26:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
At closing time, Newgarden was ranked 363 out of 26,238 worldwide times.

And I am 364th, first of the losers.

But still, was an intense event, and apart from my last session, I had lot of fun, though X class will never be my favourite class
10 level reward cars now waiting until I got the cr. to buy them.
#394 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:42:32 PM(UTC)
They really should give the car to those that run under 1.46 or 1.45... this was nuts

No way, his 1:43 time was plenty beatable with practice and persistence (and there was ample advice in this thread on how to do it). Honestly I thought nobody in the 1:43 range was safe and he'd force us down to the 1:42 range. I'd wager if he'd still had time to continue through the weekend, that's exactly what would've happened.
#395 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:04:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rageous Go to Quoted Post

No way, his 1:43 time was plenty beatable with practice and persistence (and there was ample advice in this thread on how to do it). Honestly I thought nobody in the 1:43 range was safe and he'd force us down to the 1:42 range. I'd wager if he'd still had time to continue through the weekend, that's exactly what would've happened.

I tried haha did about 500 laps..
#396 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:19:36 AM(UTC)
I run middle of the pack but no where near the top times. Using this event I found out I am WAY WAY slow on the wheel. I tried it first on the wheel and then went back with a controller and cut over 4 seconds off my wheel time with little effort. It's not as fun though.

-k
#397 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:48:37 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know when we will get the cars???
#398 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:08:10 AM(UTC)
I was wondering the same thing but if I had to guess, it won't be till next Tuesday if an update is introduced.

-k
#399 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:35:15 AM(UTC)
From the Forza Week in Review article on 10/13/2017
https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/wir_10_13_17

Mechberg wrote:
Welcome to another edition of the Week in Review. Before we dive deep into a bunch of important Forza news, I wanted to mention our ongoing Bounty Hunter Rivals event starring 2017 IndyCar champion Josef Newgarden. This event is set to end on Tuesday, October 17 at 7 p.m. Pacific. As of today Josef has set his final lap time – a sterling 1:43.807 – which gives Forza 7 players a few more days to try and beat him. Remember, there’s prizes on the line here: everyone who sets a time of any kind will receive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport; those who are ahead of Newgarden when the event closes will receive the 1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition. Both of these cars are exclusive cars that can only otherwise be found in future #Forzathon events, Specialty Vendor, and so on. In other words, here’s a great chance to get cars that you won’t find anywhere else. One note: These reward cars will be sent out after the event has closed, likely sometime next week.
 1 user liked this post.
#400 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:44:47 AM(UTC)
I'm glad that the car going out to everyone is my preference of the two. It's nice and all that the Holden is an FE edition but I'd never use it.

-k
17 Pages<<14151617PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error