This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:51:39 AM(UTC)
Hi,

I have encountered a bug recently with FM7 on my Xbox One S.
I was entering the Formula E Championship in the Breaker Championship. The Formula E is the ABT-Schaeffler one that I had chosen as level up reward.
When starting the race, the game gives me a pop-up saying I need to homologate my car to be able to enter the race.
I had changed the wheels. The PI had not changed, as I fitted a wheel with same spec as the stock wheels.

Anyway, pressing OK to homologate the car, the game says it needs to homologate automatically. Pressing OK again, the pop-up dissappears and I can start race. But I can't. Because when I click again to start the race, I get the same message.

When changing the wheels back to normal, I get the same pop up and after the homologation is done I get the message that the car is homologated for the event. But again, when wanting to start the race I get the pop up again.

Xbox has been rebooted and the error stays the same.

Anyone with a similar issue? I have not yet tried buying another Formula E car as they are not cheap and the way FM7 now values cars, I'm keen on keeping my credits as much as possible.
Oh yeah, the game mentions that I have one eligable car in my garage for the cup so it recognizes it for real ;-)

Thanks!

Kind regards,
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:52:37 AM(UTC)
Hi, this is a known issue and affects only this particular Formula E car. This will be fixed in a future update.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:57:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, this is a known issue and affects only this particular Formula E car. This will be fixed in a future update.

Thanks for the quick answer. I did a quick search but didn't come across other posts. Looking forward to the fix!
#4 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 5:39:22 PM(UTC)
I have this exact same problem. Doesn't matter if you say OK or Cancel or try manual homologation. No matter what you do it won't let you use the car, But the car is completely stock and matches the requirements. I have an XBOX ONE.

Originally Posted by: GeoBem007 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I have encountered a bug recently with FM7 on my Xbox One S.
I was entering the Formula E Championship in the Breaker Championship. The Formula E is the ABT-Schaeffler one that I had chosen as level up reward.
When starting the race, the game gives me a pop-up saying I need to homologate my car to be able to enter the race.
I had changed the wheels. The PI had not changed, as I fitted a wheel with same spec as the stock wheels.

Anyway, pressing OK to homologate the car, the game says it needs to homologate automatically. Pressing OK again, the pop-up dissappears and I can start race. But I can't. Because when I click again to start the race, I get the same message.

When changing the wheels back to normal, I get the same pop up and after the homologation is done I get the message that the car is homologated for the event. But again, when wanting to start the race I get the pop up again.

Xbox has been rebooted and the error stays the same.

Anyone with a similar issue? I have not yet tried buying another Formula E car as they are not cheap and the way FM7 now values cars, I'm keen on keeping my credits as much as possible.
Oh yeah, the game mentions that I have one eligable car in my garage for the cup so it recognizes it for real ;-)

Thanks!

Kind regards,

#5 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:34:38 PM(UTC)
I had this issue with the 2011 Ford Raptor. It had an exclamation next to the PI and it said homologation was D400 which I was at. It also breaks division when I match horsepower ie. homologation is 500hp and I build my car to have 500hp, but it flags it anyways.
#6 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:44:17 PM(UTC)
Come at it from a different angle and it will probably let u thru. I had it with the Formula E and the GMC van and managed with both. The van was second so I loaded that as my drive car and then entered the race and it let me where choosing it as my car from the race itself sent me around in circles. Others have had the issue with the Formula E car.
Usually hanging out at position 12 so you will need to look in your rearview mirror to see me.
#7 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:32:22 PM(UTC)
love how im trying in break out open (keyword open) and i got this same issue(must not be open)

Notification

Icon
Error