28 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#376 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:26:07 PM(UTC)
I only say this because I own the 2017 Type R, and keep up to date with Hondas, so I'd know....hence my username. Lol. But the 2016 Type R uses the same motor, but rated at 310hp 295tq. The game has it at like 283/275 or something. Not on it right now to be more specific. And the 2017 Focus RS is supposed to be 350hp 350tq. In the game, it shows 300/300.

I'm sure they're probably not the only ones. I just noticed as I was starting the game this morning and looked at the free cars you get to choose at the start. It might mean nothing to some, but to me, even the little things bother me. If a car really makes 30-50 HP and torque more, then I'd rather have that extra it's supposed to have.
 2 users liked this post.
#377 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:39:53 PM(UTC)
The Reason why the cars have less power in the game is due to Homologation. If I recall correctly, the Modern Hot Hatches division has a limit of 300 BHP and if you go into the upgrade menu for the cars, you can see that the cars have restrictors to keep the power within the class. Just remove the restrictors and the stats should be more like how they are in real life.
 5 users liked this post.
#378 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:08:12 PM(UTC)
Thanks. Didn't notice that. That's stupid though. I don't like this homologate option
#379 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 8:15:19 PM(UTC)
How about make your own division or homologation?
Once the main game is done or I get all the cars I'm looking for it will be back to freeplay again like FM6. I like to create my own series and race reach car individually and see which car does best, then adjust at the end of the season. BOP (balance of performance, a la IMSA!) I use a spreadsheet on my tablet to keep track of things.

Ps love the freeplay additions!
 3 users liked this post.
#380 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 11:05:30 PM(UTC)
I can't help but feel like homologation is a great multiplayer idea that doesn't translate well to single player, especially with the AI in it's current state.
 4 users liked this post.
#381 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 12:14:18 AM(UTC)
The one and only problem with homologation itself is how low the PI for the classes are set. That is it. Why? Because in a number of classes there are some cars almost completely stock at the top of the available PI but then there are other cars that can be upgraded with all of the racing tuning parts which provides an advantage. Had they taken the highest PI car in the given classes and gone up say 25PI and then rounded up to the nearest say 25 after that then every car in each category could be slightly upgraded specifically with racing tuning parts to create as even a playing field.

The concept is great. The implementation of a PI below the highest PI cars in some classes is what really creates the issue.
 1 user liked this post.
#382 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 1:59:00 AM(UTC)
Early days for me, but so far I like the extra little restrictions this homologation system has. And while I'm the oddball who considers Forza 4 to be the worst in the series so far, it had a fair number of races in its grid with various restrictions beyond PI but with the welcome option to ignore those restrictions. A similar feature would be welcome here, too, methinks.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#383 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 5:48:36 PM(UTC)
Im a huge forza fan, but can't understand what possessed you guys to put such a ridiculous restriction on the cars. Here's 700 cars but you can only use 110 in 5 boring categories.... Surely I'm not the only person who thinks this.
 2 users liked this post.
#384 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 5:57:16 PM(UTC)
Absolutely hate this feature, just sucks the fun out of multiplayer. Feel like this is just one big restriction and will never have the effect you have described 👎

Edited by user Saturday, October 7, 2017 5:59:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#385 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 6:18:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devias Go to Quoted Post
I really wanted to go buy some low end cars and slowly tweak them up to compete against sports cars. Yeah, it's unrealistic to think that a 1983 GMC Vandura should be competing in a field of BMW M5's, but I could do that if I wanted to. Now, I just can't do it. I'm stuck racing what they want me to race in each event, not what I want to race. Yeah, I get that I can do it Free Play as a series of unconnected non-championship races, but that's not the same thing as the full single player campaign.

I can still tell you about that Vandura I had in FH 3 that I loaded up with 1000 horsepower as a joke and then ended up growing used to the quirks that came with that much power. I can still tell you about that crazy bright yellow Lexus IS300 that I bought in Forza 4 and how even though I was clearly out matched in the handling department I was able to win A class races with it after several rounds of expensive upgrades as long as I drove carefully.

Off the top of my head I can't tell you a single car that I own in F7 after 20 hours of playtime, because I don't spend any time lovingly upgrading and tweaking them. They're just disposable.

Couldn't have put it better myself, this silly system just sucks the life out of forza In forza 6 taking the 2.6l 4 rotor engine and putting it in the Mazda Cosmo, making it an E to an S was never gonna wins a race but I happily spent hours tuning it just so I could go round corners without tilting over and then blitz everyone on the straights.

6 users liked this post.
#386 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 7:24:25 PM(UTC)
A lot of you have known me since the old school Project Gotham and Forza 1 days on the original XBOX, and understand the "Homologation" system and will work great for new players the "Campaign" style racing to help players rank up and learn the game, and I get that.

But the other reason I believe that this was put into the game was to prevent the so called "Leaderboard Cars"; but form what I've seen on "Free Play" in most classes and on most tracks is it's not working. A lot of of are par to great car tuners and we find ways around the "Homologation" for the unheard of limits that we have to tune our cars within. I'm fine with keeping the "Homologation" idea, but we still need open classes.

Most every car in the game, especially anything from 1966 to present day can be turned into a real world race car for the Oval, Road Course or the Drag Strip with horse power ranging from 300 WHP (at the wheels) up to and including 1000 WHP which is about 20% more than BHP (at the crankshaft), I believe game uses WHP, which means 300 WHP will be about 260 BHP depending on a manual or automatic transmission; a manual will be a bit higher. Then you have to figure the torque; you want both the WHP and torque to be as close as possible for the best performance out of you race car.

"Homologation" doesn't let you do that, it only sets up the car to be somewhat competitive in each semi class for each division. In the real world Corvettes race Ferrari's, AMG, Ford GT's, Aston Martin and others in the IMSA series alone. The Perelli World Cup Challenge and Optima Series here in the US is even more diverse. I've been in the UK and the same goes the BTCC and GTi cup series. My point is that if any car in this game that can be turned into a real world race car we should be able to race it in the class that they race in the real world. That's what made this the best racing game in the world and what killed Project Gotham racing back in the days. If you keep arcade setting Forza Motorsport to work like Forza Horizon, just kill Forza and give us Project Gotham back. It's going that direction.

We all loved Project Gotham Racing, it was a lot of fun, but what made Forza so much better was that we can tune and upgrade our cars to our ability as racers and gear heads. Please let us gear heads be gear heads again; don't kill the only game we have left. Remember that some of us do track our real cars, this game helps us on practice runs before we go to real track too.

Thanks for letting me rant Turn 10 and Microsoft.
 1 user liked this post.
#387 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 11:31:59 PM(UTC)
I'm cool with the homologation concept , but with 1 exception. Tire restrictions. I'll take better tires over big horsepower anyday. The stock tires in forza are horrible....Charles
 1 user liked this post.
#388 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:25:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I guess overall I like this, even though it's not quite as I'd imagined it. I was hoping there would be a nod to homologation IRL, wherby certain production cars get turned into race cars by meeting specific requirements; something more along the lines of "Works" conversions in Shift 2 Unleashed. This seems a little more like a effort from T10 to curb missile tunes, P800 Vipers and the like.

Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
If this means Frankencars/missile builds are banished from public hoppers it'll be one of the best ideas Turn10 ever came up with.

They already gave us a whole pack of frankencars with the Hoonigan pack.

I like the game, but am a little nostalgic about starting with my Civic EG in D spec, and building it for S spec races, but this way I will try the rest of the cars. Although it would have been nice to simply have a Homologation button-Off Option :D

2 users liked this post.
#389 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 1:49:52 PM(UTC)
It's treble, what is the point of having all the parts for cars if you can only use 2 or 3 at a time. Just get rid of aftermarket parts. I want Free Play to be like FM6 you can pick your championship and max out the car without being limited to Homologation rules. Fix the Free Play options and stop limiting me. I didn't pay $100 to be limited.
#390 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 6:41:05 AM(UTC)
Just posting here to bump the general consensus that homologation overall in the games sucks.

In single player make the open championship actually open to have what ever tuned cars you want.
I have no problem with some homologation races but not every single one which prevent me from using a car I love and wish to tune.

Bring unrestricted multiplayer with no limits etc as well as having the homologation races give us a choice please.

People bought forza to have fun, upgrade and tune the cars well past their potential and generally just have fun which we can't have because of this terribly executed homologation idea. (It could work but not as it is).

In general just remove the **** restrictions and give and stick to what ye done in the past.

6 users liked this post.
#391 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 7:04:51 AM(UTC)
I have been a hardcore Forza player since the original on Xbox and I have purchased the Collector or Ultimate versions of each game since for 15 years now.

While the car list and track list on FM7 is amazing, there are core components of the Forza franchise that were left out and many of us, longer-term, faster drivers are feeling betrayed.

From the beginning, the main audience for the Forza franchise were car nuts and motorsports fans. People that know cars, love to customize and spend hours tuning a single car for a single track. The PI system was created for these people and it has been a staple of the franchise from the beginning. This homologation system sucks.

I understand why they did it, but I don't agree with it. Sure, lobbies won't be dominated by Alfa 33's, BAC Mono's, Beetles, or other "leaderboard cars" anymore. Now, there are vastly MORE leaderboard cars because there will ALWAYS be come cars that dominate others especially in these Homogation groups!

One of my favorite things about A class was the variety of cars in the races. All of that is gone. We used to be able to test-drive cars from the Parts and Upgrades section, gone! This is a huge middle finger to the original core of the Forza fanbase and it's inexcusable. I totally agree that Forza should be more accessible to a larger audience and that usually means "dumbing down" the upgrade process but to make life more difficult to your core fans is short sighted and the backlash that I have heard in game chats, read in forums and social media is a direct result of it.

This will be the last FM game I will ever preorder, let alone get the Ultimate Edition and that is something that pains me very much to say. Even as I write this, I am wearing my Microsoft, Forza Motorsports 5 Jacket that I bought 4 years ago. My personal Camaro has FM valve stem caps.

1 user liked this post.
#392 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 7:14:12 AM(UTC)
Reading most of the comments, i conclude the majoraty is unhappy with the homologation.

I personally think the system has a long way to go with all it's flaws. Being diffrent and changing thing's isn't a crime, it could be a step further for gaming.
But the way homologation works with PI index is really crooked. Some cars are downgraded some are way overtuned. With some cars still having an upper advantage upon others.

The only thing homologation and division did is group cars and make it even easier to pick out a faster car for a certain track.
I like the homologation idea but not PI based. But hp/weight based wih restrictions on aero downforce, tires G force etc.

For now all of the freedom in game is robbed away, many die hard forza fans and forza tuners were given a big punch in the face by T10.
If theire main goal was to get rid of leaderboard cars, this is not the solution as some cars still will be dominating. The only way i see to get rid of leaderboard cars is to NERF them.
To make things really Competative is nerfing players. But this can only can be done with serious non crashing drivers. Wich i haven't seen since FM4.

I think T10 is aiming for a diffrent audience. After forza 4 things changed, more crashers in MP lobbies, Less complete racing divisions, less trackday cars but more hyped everday street cars. Also the carreer is way to marginal compared to previous forza's.
I would love to go back to forza 3 were you had to grind to get your cars (example 250GTO) instead of getting them after levelling up. Having credits in FM7 is utterly useless as everthing is being gifted.

I couldn't recall going to the forums to whine about one of their games in 8 years.

Hope that some one from T10 will get active in this topic. Giving no response i don't hink they will patch things. I hope to see or hear that they are listening to loyal fans. As things like this can have alot of influance for pre orders on next titels.....

FM7 has good things to it but they are overshadowed by cons, the cons there are just way to many that it isn't fun to play (especially for tuners like me).
T10 did a big let down to the loyall fanbase they have.

Also with all diffrent classes, half divisions (2 90 f1 cars) and open wheel cars FM7 is jack of all trades and master of none.

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 7:30:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#393 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 2:52:42 PM(UTC)
I've head about this Homogenization feature in Forza Motorsport 7, and I really can't find any specific information on how it's done in Forza Motorsport 7. Me and a friend have been arguing about it, and without being able to find any real information about what it does, it's boiled down to nothing more than an I said, he said.

I'm of the assumption that the Homogenization feature is exactly what the word means. It applies specific upgrade components (like race tires and full roll cage for example) to qualify for a specific event.

My friend is of the assumption that it's just a forced version of the auto-upgrade feature.

Can someone shed some light onto race Homogenization in Forza 7?
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
#394 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 3:21:05 PM(UTC)
You are right, your friend not so much.

Each car is placed in a Division based on the type of car it is.

Each Division has 3 upgrade limits, PI, power and tyre width.

When you buy a car the game recommends an auto-upgrade path to best match these limits.

You can later modify what combination of parts you want to use to hit those limits, revert the car to stock or come up with your own upgrade path from scratch.

In short, the game puts out a set of rules and you have multiple ways to meet them.
 1 user liked this post.
#395 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 8:48:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

When you buy a car the game recommends an auto-upgrade path to best match these limits.

You can later modify what combination of parts you want to use to hit those limits, revert the car to stock or come up with your own upgrade path from scratch.

In short, the game puts out a set of rules and you have multiple ways to meet them.

Actually, this doesn't quite explain it well. It's true that the homologation rules have limits, but that doesn't mean you can upgrade other aspects of the car outside of those limits. For instance, you can't change tire compound at all. That's also shown when you look at the division rules. IN short, there are more than three limits.

So, yes, you have set limits and there are multiple ways to get to that limit, but, those multiple ways are vastly fewer than had previously been allowed. This makes the tuning side of Forza nearly trivial when compared to earlier Forzas. One of the ramifications of this is that you are no longer allowed to take a car that you especially like the look of, and upgrade it out of its "native" class. So cars similar to restomods in real life, or sleepers, for example, are essentially banned in FM7.

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 8:52:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mod Edit - Profanity removed
#396 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 8:59:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: desrtfox071 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Actually, this doesn't quite explain it well. It's true that the homologation rules have limits, but that doesn't mean you can upgrade other aspects of the car outside of those limits. For instance, you can't change tire compound at all. That's also shown when you look at the division rules. IN short, there are more than three limits.

So, yes, you have set limits and there are multiple ways to get to that limit, but, those multiple ways are vastly fewer than had previously been allowed. This makes the tuning side of Forza nearly trivial when compared to earlier Forzas. One of the ramifications of this is that you are no longer allowed to take a car that you especially like the look of, and upgrade it out of its "native" class. So cars similar to restomods in real life, or sleepers, for example, are essentially banned in FM7.

You mean more trivial than the 5.7/rally swap and build out from there? OK.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
#397 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:06:30 PM(UTC)
You can play around with the build a little bit, but not very much. If you want to upgrade past the PI limit the car can only be run in a private lobby. There is nowhere in career or in the hoppers, same if you want to compete against cars not in your division, private lobby only.
 1 user liked this post.
#398 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:18:15 PM(UTC)
You seem to have missed the point I was making.

Building was trivial in previous games. You either used one of the two engines, then went from there.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#399 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 10:07:08 PM(UTC)
Im devastated.. didnt bother looking into the game at all before i bought it so this homologation business was a complete surprise.. played it for one night, spent hours looking into ways around homologation and found nothing. game un-installed and i doubt ill ever buy another forza game.
 2 users liked this post.
#400 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:07:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
You seem to have missed the point I was making.

Building was trivial in previous games. You either used one of the two engines, then went from there.

As somebody that played career exclusively, I picked whatever car and upgrades I wanted. It was a very big part of Forza to me and a standout feature.

I fully understand why homolgation is in multiplayer but normal class lobbies should still be an option and career should keep the old system or have a choice between the two.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:08:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

28 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error