2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 2:00:23 PM(UTC)
I'm a die-hard fan of the Prelude line, as I've had a BB6, and am working on a 600hp BB4 Prelude right now in real life. I have about 5-7 of the BB4 Prelude's in the game, all setup different and for different purposes.

The Issues:

The Prelude in the game is a '94 (i believe) Prelude Si.
The stats of this prelude in the game are:
160hp
158ft-lbs (if i remember correctly)
~2870lbs

In real life, the Prelude Si boasts a 2.2L 197hp, 163ft-lb H22a/a1 Vtec Engine.
The specs in the game are either for the 2.3L non-Vtec, H23 engine that came in the Base/SR (Canada) Models, or for the lousy F22 Single Overhead Camshaft motor..
If thats the case... this is a racing game, and I have no idea why you would choose the worst engine for such an amazing car. Furthermore, if it is the F22, 2.2 engine in the prelude that has the stats that you're using... there shouldn't be a vtec engagement/sound, as the f22 was a non-vtec engine.

I think there should be some serious consideration to update the prelude and give it the 197hp H-series, H22a engine specs. It would make the car much more competitive, and give it the power it deserves. Its not like it's a fake spec, the prelude did come with the H22, and it was a well renowned engine, boasting amazing numbers.

Ontop of that, If you get in the cockpit view of the Prelude, and watch the RPM gauge, as compared to the RPM gauge on the HUD, it is about 1000rpm off. The HUD shows it being much lower, while the dash shows it being much higher. I have tested this with every cam upgrade, with a turbo, a super, no mods, all mods, some mods with cams, some without cams, stock turbo, fully upgraded turbo etc.. Nothing fixes this issue, and it's slightly irritating.

If you guys could look into this, I would truly appreciate it. Ive spent hours tuning and adjusting the settings on the Prelude to make different versions of this beast, for racing, and the lack of power makes things harder to compete with other vehicles, especially since I truly believe the Class Rating is what it should be for the actual Si Prelude in reality. With the f22/2.3 non-vtec engine, the CR should be much lower, allowing for more mods to make it more competitive.

BB4 Life
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:23:01 PM(UTC)
I guess this won't be addressed? lol

BB4 Life
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:54:09 PM(UTC)
This needs to be addressed!
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 3:03:50 PM(UTC)
I have an issue where if in going say like 54 mph, the speedometer on the car says that I'm going 40 mph.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:45:19 AM(UTC)
Ok first off, your're very very wrong. The Prelude Si, like the SE/SR, uses the non-VTEC version of the H23. Only the Prelude VTEC, which was a separate trim level, had the H22 VTEC engine that the 5th generation preludes later had. The F22 was only for the S, base level, trim. None of that changed throughout the years of 1992-1996 when the 4th gen was produced. I seriously do not think you're building a 600HP BB4 Si unless you managed to import from Japan, or else you would know all of this.

Notification

Icon
Error