4 Pages123>>Next
 12 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:29:47 AM(UTC)
So, couple things about MODS:

1. Thanks for taking away physics-based mods, and making mods solely about credits and XP. Awesome choice.
  2. Thanks for offering some of the MODS as multi-uses. All the credit/xp Mods in Forza 6 were one-time use, so this is a big win.

That being said, I started noticing something concerning, so I started looking more closely at some of the math. What I found was that in MOST standard races, maximizing a full case of mods yields only 40-55k CR. That's based on purchases of 5 50k CR Mod Packs (I've yet to get a Legendary, which would likely skew the math).

Obviously, if you took the Mods into freeplay and up'd the race size, OR you went and up'd race length from standard to long or extra long, then sure, this will yield greater bonuses.

But it's worth noting that -- on top of all the community-wrath about the pushing of consumables in Forza 7 -- the economy of Mod Packs simply makes no sense. There's a fairly good chance you won't make back the money you invested.

Really hope the Forza team changes up some of the specifics in the economy. If we're expected to keep our Mod queue filled -- and the only way to get them is to use currency (never offered as prizes for leveling up or winning events) -- then at least make the economic investment worth it.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:04:44 AM(UTC)
For single player with standard race length I agree its not worth buying them.
If I happen to win or get gifted some mod cards then I will use them for the last race in a series which pays out better.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:13:23 AM(UTC)
You're doing a couple things wrong here.

1. Mods give a percentage, not a set amount so using them on standard races doesn't give you the most gain. Run longer races.
2. Stack mods on top of other bonuses such as drivatar level and Forza edition cars.
3. Don't buy mod crates. Buy crates with cars. It increases your car collecting tier and includes a greater chance at higher level mods which you can recycle into more credits and cars.

-k
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:14:20 AM(UTC)
If you buy the 20k mod crates, they'll more than make up the cost and end up being really beneficial (that's just getting standard green (basic) mods from the crate too. I just started doing this last night and it works out to a plus IMO.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:23:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post

1. Mods give a percentage, not a set amount so using them on standard races doesn't give you the most gain. Run longer races.
2. Stack mods on top of other bonuses such as drivatar level and Forza edition cars.
3. Don't buy mod crates. Buy crates with cars. It increases your car collecting tier and includes a greater chance at higher level mods which you can recycle into more credits and cars.

-k

Gotta disagree. The only crates worth it are the 300k, the 240k, the 50k. And the expensive ones only come with one mod (typically rare, like have 12 perfect passes).
 6 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:27:34 AM(UTC)
It's not a booster pack, it's gambling. It's not a handout.
Global rank #3 on FM7 Dance Dance Revolution pad lap time leaderboards
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:53:34 AM(UTC)
If they're not worth running in "standard races" then that proves my point that they don't provide solid value. You shouldn't be forced to move over to long races or grinding Free Play modes to get returns.

The game's UI at Setup and Progression screens ASSUMES you're going to be running mods in every race. So here's hoping the economy is better balanced where there's a legitimate ROI.

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:58:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shadowqueller Go to Quoted Post
Obviously, if you took the Mods into freeplay and up'd the race size, OR you went and up'd race length from standard to long or extra long, then sure, this will yield greater bonuses.

BINGO!!!! Everything else you said is null and void. Use the MODs wisely and you'll reap the benefits.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 9 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:06:41 AM(UTC)

The whole point of loot crates and gambling in general, is that you run a net loss with the occasional big win. If you always won you would quickly no longer need to buy them.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:09:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post

-k

Gotta disagree. The only crates worth it are the 300k, the 240k, the 50k. And the expensive ones only come with one mod (typically rare, like have 12 perfect passes).

I don't know, I've gotten great value from the 150k crates. Running long races these work out well.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:09:13 AM(UTC)
Run longer than 2 lap races. Durr.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:12:31 AM(UTC)
I just hope they remove the ones with ABS only, normal steering and basically ALL mods that require some sort of assists. Those mods are really useless and they shouldn`t force a player to play normal steering or abs on just to earn the bonus. For me these are really annoying and i`m selling them because i have no use for them. SO sometimes I get a box from which i have to sell 2 mods.... or if it`s the 20k box i had to sell 4..... because ABS only and Normal steering.
 6 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:35:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slimssss Go to Quoted Post
I just hope they remove the ones with ABS only, normal steering and basically ALL mods that require some sort of assists. Those mods are really useless and they shouldn`t force a player to play normal steering or abs on just to earn the bonus. For me these are really annoying and i`m selling them because i have no use for them. SO sometimes I get a box from which i have to sell 2 mods.... or if it`s the 20k box i had to sell 4..... because ABS only and Normal steering.

Did you actually try this? ABS On and Normal steering means you can't go LOWER than that. You are perfectly fine with ABS Off and simulation steering and still get bonus from the mod. When you enter the assist menu after equiping such mod you will see easier options are not available but you still can choose harder options.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:36:26 AM(UTC)
Thanks a lot man ! I didn`t know that guess i didn`t pay attention to the square things.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:37:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:46:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slimssss Go to Quoted Post

While you might find it annoying you have to play with an assist on to get the reward, that doesn't mean that the mod isn't efficient and beneficial (since that's the point of this thread). Selling mods is 100% not mathematically worth it, but I'm guessing you knew that. :)
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:57:30 AM(UTC)
If running races longer than standard gives a decent bonus then there isn't really a problem. I personally miss the unlimited CR bonus of the manufacturer cards from Forza 6, requiring you to put some time in with a specific car company and being rewarded for it. I don't mind consumables, but I don't want every mod to be that way.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:17:24 AM(UTC)
If they're not worth running in "standard races" then that proves my point that they don't provide solid value. You shouldn't be forced to move over to long races or grinding Free Play modes to get returns.

The game's UI at Setup and Progression screens ASSUMES you're going to be running mods in every race. So here's hoping the economy is better balanced where there's a legitimate ROI.

My point is that in FM6 as well you had to run longer races to maximize what you got from the mod cards. In FM6 it was more restrictive because you could only have one of each card type. I saved my best bonuses in XP cards for endurance races. Run longer races to see the best benefit and best value per card.

-k
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:19:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

BINGO!!!! Everything else you said is null and void. Use the MODs wisely and you'll reap the benefits.

So play the game not, how you want to, but how they want you to.. kinda like a skinner box game?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:20:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:35:11 AM(UTC)
>Obviously, if you took the Mods into freeplay and up'd the race size, OR you went and up'd race length from standard to long or extra long, then sure, this will yield greater bonuses.

Sooo then it is worth it? As long as you use the mods to maximize their gains. You could essentially run 50 laps of a nascar race with unbeatable AI (you can win with a much faster car) Stack the CR mods and make WAY more than the cases cost. Sure it will take about 10 minutes of your time, you could though gain approx 200,000 credits just from mod bonuses. Something to think about when you say they are mathematically not worth it when clearly they can be.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:53:03 AM(UTC)

1. Thanks for taking away physics-based mods, and making mods solely about credits and XP. Awesome choice.
  2. Thanks for offering some of the MODS as multi-uses. All the credit/xp Mods in Forza 6 were one-time use, so this is a big win.

Agreed on both; the improvements made to Mods are sensible ones.

That being said I don't see much value to them overall due to the lack of return on investment. I already have all of the Achievements related to Mods so I will most likely spend the few I have remaining and not bother with getting any more.
 7 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:16:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: P00hhead Go to Quoted Post
The whole point of loot crates and gambling in general, is that you run a net loss with the occasional big win. If you always won you would quickly no longer need to buy them.

^^THIS.

Loot boxes are not a fad I am enjoying in the video game industry, precisely because they are almost entirely based on principles of gambling, rather than any kind of skill or other measure of ability.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:40:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: allsupratt Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

So play the game not, how you want to, but how they want you to.. kinda like a skinner box game?

Yes, just like a skinner box; however, the trick isn't in merely pulling the lever... it's pulling the right lever.

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:01:42 PM(UTC)
Yes I agree, the boxes not worth the money. I saved up over 1,500,000 and bought 4 -300,000cr car boxes. I got nothing that even comes close to what I spent. I won't be buying any more anytime soon.
 5 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:14:52 PM(UTC)
You make it sound like loot boxes have ever been worth it in a game.

Spoiler alert, they haven't, doesn't matter what the game is, they're never designed with player benefit in mind.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:15:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Liam286 Go to Quoted Post
Yes I agree, the boxes not worth the money. I saved up over 1,500,000 and bought 4 -300,000cr car boxes. I got nothing that even comes close to what I spent. I won't be buying any more anytime soon.

For me, the cheapest ones seem to be beneficial, maybe someone can do the REAL math. But imagine you would get 4 times 30% increase mods from the cheapest pack, and even if all of them had just one use, you would get approx 7k increase from a longer race with 20k normal reward. If you net approx 10k from a race without bonuses, then it would be pretty close breaking even. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the game very long and a bit sleepy at the moment..

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error