5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:42:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: F4S7D3R3K Go to Quoted Post
I just messaged him and he said he was on 360..

Messaged who. I got no reply off john
#102 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:49:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Renewal Nultien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure it tells u if there on the 360 but I will have to check

I might be barking up the wrong tree but it's given me hope

It was so in the past I think, but now it doesn't say anymore if someone is on the one or 360.

Lets face it, the change FM4 will ever be backward compatible is very slim, with all the cars, tracks and music that needs new licensing (including all DLC).
And how much people do you think will buy a new copy of FM4? Most of us will probably still own a copy of the game and use this on their xbox one.

I dont think licening is an issue. All the company's have been paid for the content by Ms. It's not being used on a new system so the orginal licence still stands unless there is some strange time limit but that wud render the game illegal all together. DLC and online play are really the only question's that need answering. Since u can't actually buy the dlc on xbox 360 anymore id say it's unlikely we will get any apart from previously purchased content. I'm very sceptical that we will be able to play online as well. My best guess is we will get it but in a basic form.

If clubs, storefront and dlc was all intact and in one bundle id happily pay 30 pounds it's a huge game and very worthy of esports compititions still in 2017

Edited by user Friday, February 24, 2017 11:12:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:10:34 AM(UTC)
So how they managed with FH1? There were no licensing issues with FH1?
 3 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:10:02 AM(UTC)
There are no licence issues it's more lickly that if we dont get forza 4 on bc it's because it wud take too much from the current titles. Look at back ops 2 as an example. It was far more popular than black ops 1 but we got that first on bc. Look at modern warfare remastered they were so scared it wud be more popular than the current title they made sure the only way u cud get it was by buying the new game.

I find it hard to belive that when they made firza 4 there was a lone in the licence that said

"Pay us xxxxxxx but if u ever want to use it on emulated consoles we want xxxxxxx"

Bc is just a 360 nothing more how can we be stopped from playing a ganes that's bought and paid for in a 360. I'm afraid Phil is bsing everyone lol
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:44:25 AM(UTC)
There are no licence issues it's more lickly that if we dont get forza 4 on bc it's because it wud take too much from the current titles. Look at back ops 2 as an example. It was far more popular than black ops 1 but we got that first on bc. Look at modern warfare remastered they were so scared it wud be more popular than the current title they made sure the only way u cud get it was by buying the new game.

I find it hard to belive that when they made firza 4 there was a lone in the licence that said

"Pay us xxxxxxx but if u ever want to use it on emulated consoles we want xxxxxxx"

Bc is just a 360 nothing more how can we be stopped from playing a ganes that's bought and paid for in a 360. I'm afraid Phil is bsing everyone lol

The licenses that are mentioned allow T10 to sell the game in question for a certain number of years and after that they are no longer allowed to keep selling that game unless they want to pay the license holders again (assuming the license holder wants to let them use it again). The things in question include songs, and brands as well as things like the cars themselves (you know, the main part of the Forza games).

The COD games are a really poor example - they are fiction and do not use real life objects that people/companies own the sole rights to.
 3 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:14:39 AM(UTC)
The examples I gave were to demonstrate the mentality of big game companies.

I find it hard to belive that forza 4 was only allowed to be sold for a certain amount of time due to a licence deal. Wouldn't that make all second hand sales illegal from that time. It's also been mentioned about horizon which had none of these licence issues. Perhaps the dlc had an expiry date I have seen posts from ppl who own the content but because its not in there purchase history they can no longer get the Content from Ms.
#108 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:01:06 AM(UTC)
If Phil Spencer says its a license issue, it's a license issue. You can argue all you want it is not going to change the facts.

http://attackofthefanboy...-forza-and-sports-games/

Edited by user Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:42:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:28:52 PM(UTC)

I find it hard to belive that forza 4 was only allowed to be sold for a certain amount of time due to a licence deal. Wouldn't that make all second hand sales illegal from that time. It's also been mentioned about horizon which had none of these licence issues. Perhaps the dlc had an expiry date I have seen posts from ppl who own the content but because its not in there purchase history they can no longer get the Content from Ms.

Second hand sales have nothing to do with licensing - they are a part of the free market economy and have nothing to do with T10 or MS (just like you being able to sell a TV or car second hand - you can sell it but it is a buyer beware situation and you must not step on the rights of the manufacturer).

Horizon is also EOL - it was BC but reached its 4 year age and was killed off shortly there after (hint - FM5 will be EOL soon).

DLC has the same licenses - the issue people are having is the Car Pass - which is different to the individual monthly DLC, and to install that DLC you need to be able to access the files but the Car Pass works differently and the muppets at T10/MS haven't fixed it. Those people who have purchased the Car Pass prior to EOL have a legimate case against T10 and MS for not supplying the product that they rightfully purchased.
 1 user liked this post.
#110 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:02:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
If Phil Spencer says its a license issue, it's a license issue. You can argue all you want it is not going to change the facts.

If you want to belive everything u read then be my guest but personally I like to make my own mind up and licensing seems like an excuse to me

Originally Posted by: funky dunk 1977 Go to Quoted Post

Second hand sales have nothing to do with licensing - they are a part of the free market economy and have nothing to do with T10 or MS (just like you being able to sell a TV or car second hand - you can sell it but it is a buyer beware situation and you must not step on the rights of the manufacturer).

That's fair enough I expected something along those lines

Quote:
Horizon is also EOL - it was BC but reached its 4 year age and was killed off shortly there after (hint - FM5 will be EOL soon).

That still dosnt explain why horizon can me be made bc but fm4 can't

Quote:
DLC has the same licenses - the issue people are having is the Car Pass - which is different to the individual monthly DLC, and to install that DLC you need to be able to access the files but the Car Pass works differently and the muppets at T10/MS haven't fixed it. Those people who have purchased the Car Pass prior to EOL have a legimate case against T10 and MS for not supplying the product that they rightfully purchased.

Been reading alot about this and I agree. It seems alot if ppl bought all the dlc towards the EOL but didn't actually have the game. Without having the content in the dlc history they can not access it. My biggest fear with digital content is the leghth of life. I have been led to belive this isnt abd issue but clearly it is

Edited by user Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:04:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:17:31 AM(UTC)
Quote:

Because FH1 came out in October 2012, it was made BC last year just before EOL.

2 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:30:58 AM(UTC)
Quote:

So basically if t10 had pulled there finger out and made bc b4 EOL there wudnt be an issue. Well I hope something can be done to get round that blunder
#113 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:39:08 PM(UTC)
Quote:

So basically if t10 had pulled there finger out and made bc b4 EOL there wudnt be an issue. Well I hope something can be done to get round that blunder

You can't blame T10 for this, if you want to blame someone it would be Microsoft for not having BC available at the launch of the xbox one.
#114 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 10:30:34 AM(UTC)

Only Season Pass content fall into this. It's obviously a overlooked system issue. Season Pass is for future content and they failed in not adding the content to history in case the customer forget to download it.
And such merchant/customer relation can be solved with a conversation. And actually was, it's working now but my guess is Microsoft only did because they failed to make the Marketplace online in the last month.

If you ever buy a Season Pass for a licensed game, be it a chapter game like Batman Telltale, The Walking Dead, etc you should download the content when the content is made available.
IMO the Season Pass should be delisted as soon as all the expected content is released, but it's better fo the consumer to buy the Season Pass years after release becuase it's cheaper. So they are not all that greedy it seems?

If you want to belive everything u read then be my guest but personally I like to make my own mind up and licensing seems like an excuse to me

Silly analogy, but according to this tought anyone can make toys of Pikachu and use them as a selling point, and companies like McDonalds are dumb because they pay royalties to Nintendo.
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:32:47 AM(UTC)
Here's something for u guys to chew over. Recently we had clues to horizon 3. Clues that should of told us it was going to be in Australia. Every car pack for fm had a car from Oz, I have been told that every car pack for horizon has a car from fm4. Is this a clue that it's coming back? Is it just a coincidence that Johniwanna has been playing fm4.

I think it's coming, I hope it's coming

Edited by user Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:33:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:42:53 AM(UTC)
Here's something for u guys to chew over. Recently we had clues to horizon 3. Clues that should of told us it was going to be in Australia. Every car pack for fm had a car from Oz, I have been told that every car pack for horizon has a car from fm4. Is this a clue that it's coming back? Is it just a coincidence that Johniwanna has been playing fm4.

I really hope you're right, it would be great to play FM4 online again without my 360 freeze up after 2 or 3 races.
#117 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:58:23 AM(UTC)
I have been told that every car pack for horizon has a car from fm4. Is this a clue that it's coming back?

This car pack from FH3 doesn't have a car that was in FM4:

The Rockstar Car Pack Includes:

2015 BMW i8
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
2014 Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck
2016 Bentley Bentayga
#118 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:21:24 PM(UTC)

That;s very interesting information - I think FM7 will include FM4 in the deluxe or ultimate edition, just like with COD: Infinite Warfare.
 2 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:19:27 PM(UTC)
Again, License license license. It is not the Da vinci code of clues lol. Call of Duty doesn't have this issue cause there is nothing to license. You are grasping at straws

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:22:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:20:15 PM(UTC)
This is all bs tokens was taken down surely thers no eol with them

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 4:41:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 10:23:11 PM(UTC)
Hey Guys. I've only just seen this post now (please excuse). Unfortunately F4 isn't backwards compatible yet. All my achievements for F2, 3, & 4 have come from the 360. I would love to see a remastered version of all 3 available on Xbox One. Some absolute classic tracks and cars! See you all on F7 :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:58:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
This is all bs tokens was taken down surely thers no eol with them

Killaneyrocks, I brought up this same point in a previous post about license issues with no response ever. I love how the tokens were delisted and they expect us to believe that a license issue was the cause. If it were, it would be an issue within MS internally and if they can't fix that, they have much bigger problems! I find it in pretty poor taste (and terrible legal advice) that they would make license agreements that didn't address BC, particularly because BC has been a known factor before these terms would have been agreed to. I personally believe that it is an issue of them simply not giving a damn about the community as much as they claim. I saw another post that said that there is a fear of BC hurting sales of current and future releases but that is simply insane. If they want to keep claiming license problems, I would suggest that they get better copyright attorneys to negotiate for them as the current ones seem to be doing a fairly half- ***. job. A typical license agreement deals with profiting off of said item, which has absolutely nothing to do with BC as the content would not be sold and even if it were sold, only the worst written license agreements in history would state that there would be an actual dated end that previously made content could no longer be sold after. That's like saying that Nike could no longer sell original model Jordans if they wanted to. They already paid for the name and rights to use it in that design, in this case game, an thus they can make it and sell it for the next 100 years if they wish to since they technically own that exact design. If MS and T10 can't figure out how to make decent license terms, maybe they should just use fake car names with real car stats and not worry about terms... Anyway, rant over. Happy racing folks! And to anybody at T10 that reads this, feel free to explain these things to your customers on here as well as PMing me to discuss this stuff if you feel like it.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error