This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
95 Pages<<3536373839>>PrevNext
 6 users liked this post.
#901 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:17:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: T10Driver Go to Quoted Post
If the goal is raw trail the community is very much on the right track. Setting the damper and spring to 0 removes most of the tricks. Reduce rumble until you can barely just feel it. Reducing Force Feedback Understeer will increase the trail effects and contribute to oversteer feel. 0 is okay here but may be excessive for some. At 0 a good drifter should be able to link turns without touching the wheel, it'll just follow through. FFB Understeer is working, it’s just very subtle and masked by other forces.

Try leaving FFB minimum at the default setting. This will, roughly, give you pneumatic in raw. FFB Minimum alters the ramp-up of pneumatic trail (somewhat counterintuitively) . Turning it down all the way is almost like having a flat tire; high forces at low lateral loads.

I'll give those settings a try if I can get it to work properly,
I would like to consider myself pretty good drifter so I'll do see how it goes.

I think it would be great if you could redo the descriptions of the advanced settings ingame, the current ones can be a bit confusing and leave users experimenting to try find what they are trying to achieve. Your explanations here make alot more sense and I think would help Alot if they were ingame.

What setting for FFB understeer gives un altered calculation frim the mechanical trail with no scaling?
What setting for Min force gives Un altered calculations for pnumatic trail?
One more question, when you do your internal testing of FFB are all participants using simulation steering? I think that is a pretty important factor in judging the FFB.

In the order asked:

The default is mechanical trail in raw.

I have a note in for more detailed help text.

The defaults are technically unaltered but that's not to say they'll be to your liking. My actual race car has more mechanical trail and more scrub radius than I like and as a result I'm exhausted after a two hour stint. If I could turn it down with a slider I would.

We mix it up and generally let people use what they’re comfortable with. We have several hardcore players using simulation on controller and wheel. I change it up frequently myself. Simulation will be inherently harder to catch when things go wrong. There shouldn’t be any differences in the forces but there may be something in the linearity. I’m going investigate the differences specific to wheels.

Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post
@T10Driver
And what about Rev Light/Diplay support for Fanatec wheels on Xbox One?!?I would love to see that working on xbox. Does it work on pc?

We’re working with Fanatec to get these functions working on all platforms.
Originally Posted by: FirstPlatoLV Go to Quoted Post

That being said, I could in no way reproduce the same behavior when playing FM7 demo on PC. No matter what settings I changed, the wheel becomes completely dead when car loses grip and starts to slide.

Thank you for your efforts. Love your work. It’s possible you’re hitting the same bug as Blue028 on PC. As mentioned before, it’s very high priority for us as it basically shuts down communication of FFB outputs.
Your observations about the spring are correct. It isn’t a spring in the traditional sense but a dynamic centering force. It was dynamic in FH3 but worked very differently. I wouldn’t suggest turning it down all the way. I only mentioned it as a way to get to pure trail.

Originally Posted by: AGE HabsN Go to Quoted Post

Only my Pedals ( Heusinkveld Ultimates ) connectet to USB won't work in the Demo :(
I tried everthing with the deadzone parameters in the advanced controller options but it is always the same result.
When i press gas/brake 100% Ingame it goes up only to 20%. All other Racing Games i play on PC work fine with the Pedals.
I read i'm not the only one who has this issue with Heusinkveld pedals. I hope this issue is fixed in the final version of the game otherwise please fix that T10.

We didn’t have a set of Heusinkvelds to try but we will now. I have a set on their way and we’ll look into this.

Originally Posted by: CodenameJack447 Go to Quoted Post

g920 PC user here, FW 96.3.49, LGS_8.96.81_x64:

Apologies for not catching that. As you might have noticed I'm juggling a lot of conversations.

Our test team has reproduced this in house and we have a developer looking into it.

Originally Posted by: Brian 7h3 King Go to Quoted Post
(On Windows 10) my CSW 2.5 had no force feedback whatsoever from FM7 in the 30 minutes I've had to mess around so far, even though the game did correctly identify the wheel. It works great in other games. What can I try to get it working? I need to decide if I should cancel my pre-order or not...

More info on your setup? Driver and firmware? Pedals on USB or through the base? My personal setup is a V2.5.

Originally Posted by: Soldier2DEnd Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post

Question 1: Is FFB Min. Force inverted from where it was in FH3 where lower settings meant more sensitivity? One user suggested this.
Question 2: Does FFB Understeer actually do anything?
Question 3: What is the best setup for control of the car around the track (looking at the Porsche especially). Logitech G920, Xbox One. On Xbox One you cannot compensate for the demo's shortcomings with settings in the wheel console.
Question 4: Does anyone expect there to be a hotfix or any changes to the way wheel steering and/or FFB will be in the final game? They should do something before the weekend when most people have a chance to really dig into the demo. Also PC2 comes out tomorrow so there's pressure for wheel control to be right.

-k

Q1. Yes. Not sensitive to user input per say, but towards the feeling the user gets at center. On Logitechs, it is the norm in other sims to increase it as you have almost no feeling at TDC. Forza is no exception. Too much though, you'll reduce the range of variation which will hampen tactile feedback.

Q2. Yes. To me, high settings give better feel for when the front tires start to slip. The lowest setting gives stronger and quicker self alignment. I got tired of the Porsche's quirks so I turned it down all the way left from my original 170 for easier slide management at the expense of understeer detail. Wish we could have both of the benefits from each side of the scale. Not just Pick-a-side.

Q3. Varies from user to user. I've since switched from my first setup at pg.31 post #758 to this one. Not happy about understeer feedback but that stupid beetle calls for it.

VB 20
FFB 100
Sensitivity 95~100
LIN 40
FFB UND Minimum
FFB MIN.F 130
DPR 0
CTR SPG 0
2:35-2:36 with lots of profanities

Q4. Aaron/@T10Driver is doing a great service following the community's feedback and has expressed that some things are not as they should be. His openness gives me hope that they're hard at work and that they've set FFB improvement and bug fixing as their highest priorities. Doubt the demo will get any fixes.. PC2 is coming so the heat is on to improve the one aspect that we're behind in and implement it into the final build.

Pretty on point. With regards to the Porsche, we are aware of player feedback regarding handling of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS in the Forza Motorsport 7 demo and are investigating.

Aaron
T10 Design
#902 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:35:11 PM(UTC)
More info on your setup? Driver and firmware? Pedals on USB or through the base? My personal setup is a V2.5.

Could you tell us your settings? :)

And what i miss is soft lock.

2 users liked this post.
#903 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:10:40 PM(UTC)
This is the first Forza since FM4 (I was late to that party) where I didn't pre-order the Ultimate Edition (or its equivalent). This *really* saddens me, because FM4 is what got me into sim racing, and I even keep a spare rig with a CSR Elite set up just for that one game.

But it's over. The FFB in FM6, FH3 and now FM7 is so atrociously bad, that I am officially giving up on the franchise.

Turn 10: PLEASE, just go drive a bit in Assetto Corsa or Raceroom Racing Experience and see what FFB is supposed to feel like. Even F1 2017 has vastly better FFB than what we've had to live with in FM6 and FH3 (and now FM7).

My advice? Go back to FH2 and simply do what you did there. The FFB in Forza Horizon 2 was exemplary, and just as good as the hardcore PC racing sims out there.
#904 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:29:16 PM(UTC)
I play on PC with a Logitech Momo, last driver updates. Driving with default sofware profiler.

I just changed setup in forza's demo ... I tried everything during hours but always the same issue: the wheel just turn on a 9° range. So the wheel over react at every degrees I turned it. FFB is not so bad but when there's just a little movement from it, it makes my car undrivable even more. Just a nightmare ... I never had issues like this on any simulation game like Assetto corsa, P cars, raceroom, dirt rally ....

I'm french so sorry for the bad english.
Many french guys have the same problem as me on french forums with Logitech, thrustmaster, and some fanatec ( can't say what models exactly ) ... So many people getting mad with this demo. Only playable with a controller for me ... pretty sad

1 user liked this post.
#905 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:02:08 PM(UTC)
This will be pretty long but I wanted to express what I feel with the FFB and sound in the FM7 Demo!

1) I actually found a wheel setting I really like in the Demo and I have updated my settings in the forum where I have posted it.

I will add that because I have a Fanatec and that has many settings in addition to the game settings you may not get the feel I get with the in game settings. I have my wheel FFB at 40 of 100 before any game settings along with several other settings in the wheel and that can change what I feel versus what you feel.

My wheel has 5 pre-sets so you can save several settings for different games or even the same game ( light feel wheel, heavy feel wheel and drifting wheel for the same game and 2 other game pre-sets as well) To keep things fair I kept my all my wheel settings ( DOA, FFB, SHO, ABS, LIN,DRI, BRF all in wheel settings ) the same for FM6 and the FM7 Demo and adjusted only the Demo settings. This way the wheel stays the same for both games and any adjusting is done in the game itself. I ran my Nissan GT-R several times in the FM7 Demo just until it started to rain and stopped to get a feel of its handling in the dry. I used the 2015 Nissan GT-R in FM6 and FM7 Demo to keep the cars the same and both stock,and chose the same track in the dry and tried to replicate the feeling I had in the Demo. The bottom line was FM7 Demo felt better and I could never get FM6 to feel as good as it felt in the FM7 Demo. I am sure there will be some changes for the better made to the final release of the game but should only be fine tuning the FFB and I now have a great base to go off of. I feel it's harder to set up what you want in FM7 Demo but when you find it its a ton better than FM6. I found myself learning to drive FM6 again after going back to it. Both games were set-up to the best FFB I found for that game. Each game was set differently to make it feel the best that game could and but my "in" wheel pre-sets were the same. I now do not like the way FM6 feels and if I had to choose it would be FM7 FFB every time! I wrote down all my in game settings in FM6 I had so I could go back to them if needed and tried to replicate the FM7 feel in FM6 and could not get close. Maybe I like a very strange setting but I really like what I found in FM7 Demo.

Sound.................OH the sound!
I have a Butt Kicker (BK) on my racing seat and it went CRAZY to where I had to turn it down so far that I felt nothing in the car including rumble strips to not max out the Butt Kicker during certain scenes ( car intro, driver suit screen change, checkered flag celebration) but during the race it was fine. Turned off everything music and it was still there.....then turned off the UI and it was gone!!!!! I now turned up my Butt Kicker to its higher settings to bring back the curb feel to where I like it. Adjusted each volume ( the tires, the track, and opponents cars.....so happy to see other cars sound also adjustable! ) to where it felt right on the Butt Kicker. The bumping in the corners is awesome with a Butt Kicker. I then dialed in my surround system and let me tell you it sounds GREAT!!! The details in the sound on the cars is incredible....huge improvement! In FM6 at launch there was an issue with the inside the car view engine sound not being loud enough. You heard the opponents cars over your own and it was hard to shift properly without watching your tachometer. I swear every time I glanced at my tach while looking there a corner came up and I pile drive someone into oblivion. They made a workable patch for it for headphone audio mode but now with FM7 we can now turn the opponent cars volume down if we need to hear our cars RPM to shift properly. Also want to say in the trucks making contact whether front or back the sound is so great. You feel the thump in the butt kicker and hear the sound in the front or back where it feels and sounds believable especially in SIM camera effects. It won't be a camera view I would use when trying to beat a rival but for immersion.....WOW!!! The truth of the matter is I am not that fast and probably won't be on the high side of the leaderboard and I don't care! I like to set up my FFB and all the settings to as real as I think it would be in real life driving and not as much into just plain speed. I could run faster perhaps on different FFB settings but chose my current settings as I want a more realistic feel to it. I am usually a mid pack best online racer and would rather have the feel FFB at the cost of possible speed FFB as it helps me be a cleaner racer......better info cleaner racing.

Camera view
I ran many races in all the views I am faster in the off mode but most of my races in career races I will be using the SIM camera. I love how they blended the surround sound, the Butt Kicker bass, and the SIM visuals together.........just crazy good! I am faster in other camera angles but that entire package makes it soooo much fun to play....just WOW for the realism.

TV picture ( Xbox One )
I currently have a day one Xbox One and a 9 year old 55 1080P TV so the visuals are better but not mind blowing as of now. I expect that all to change drastically in the near future. I have an Xbox One Scorpio edition pre-ordered and plan on buying a 65 inch Flagship Samsung or LG TV shortly after........ Bring on the 4K, HDR, Surround sound Racing Cockpit madness!!!

As a Whole I think FM7 will be a very good game and after a few patches things will get really good many may already be made as this is an older Demo from E3 I believe. There will be an adjustment but it is worth it to me. I have all my settings wrote down including the sound ones so I have a good base to start with the actual game and will adjust for any updates since the Demo was made. I can't wait till a week from Tomorrow!!!
#906 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:09:54 PM(UTC)
@Aaron

I run SIM steering on a wheel no matter what (TX) and in the Forza 7 demo I noted a that's it's very awkward to centre the car after a drift in the Porsche. These where slow, controlled slides either at 900 or 720° of rotation. Hopped on Normal steering, no problem. Even hopped on a controller with SIM steering, no problem. It just felt that the communication between the wheel and the tarmac stopped when the car was centering with SIM steering on.
#907 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:00:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
@Aaron

I run SIM steering on a wheel no matter what (TX) and in the Forza 7 demo I noted a that's it's very awkward to centre the car after a drift in the Porsche. These where slow, controlled slides either at 900 or 720° of rotation. Hopped on Normal steering, no problem. Even hopped on a controller with SIM steering, no problem. It just felt that the communication between the wheel and the tarmac stopped when the car was centering with SIM steering on.

Thats interesting.

We really need to know if there is inherent differences in the ffb/function between those 2 modes with wheels and whether there is more to it then just speed sensitive assist (which I believe was disabled anyway with wheels).

Blue alludes to it doing a lot more.

I honestly dont know anymore (it may have changed significantly from when first introduced and I havent kept up. very possible).

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#908 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:43:58 PM(UTC)
I told the difference before. Watch tire temps. In nirmal mode you can overheat tires severly and not have negatove effects sim steering does not alloe this.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#909 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:55:08 PM(UTC)
cant, no telemetry in demo.

And if you can push the lock further than normal, well, of course it should be able to rapidly overheat further. (all things being equal)

EDIT: I wonder if FirstPlatoLV could test both modes with his data capture and see anything changing in the ffb between them??

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:57:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#910 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:10:00 PM(UTC)
That part is unchanged from 6. Try it in 6 and see what i mean.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#911 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:47:06 PM(UTC)
If someone have Fanatec V2 please try this settings. Simply adjust "force feedback scale" to your liking. I have great result with that settings. i have feelings "force feedback understeer" doing completely opposite than what we expect.

Vibration scale = 100
Force Feedback Scale = 40
Sensetivity = 100
Linearity = 50
Force feedback understeer = 200
Force Feedback Minimum Force =100
Wheel Damper Scale = 0
Center Spring Scale = 0

PS.
If someone know how to disable/turn-off rev light on fanatec wheel please let me know.[img]null[/img]

3 users liked this post.
#912 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:51:35 PM(UTC)
well I just played PC2 I can honestly say the FM7 demo feels about 10x better. yes, you read that correctly.
#913 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:52:08 PM(UTC)
I was wondering next week when the ultimate edition will be out if the FFB will be the same as in the demo or patches has already been applied in the gold version? Or if there is any updates that will be downloaded regarding FFB.

I'm on Xbox One.

For now it's way better than Forza 6 but it still needs fine tuning.... A lot of fine tuning I should say!
#914 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:15:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: garrett2jz Go to Quoted Post
well I just played PC2 I can honestly say the FM7 demo feels about 10x better. yes, you read that correctly.

You'll have to elaborate because I've heard mostly good things about PC2 wheel feel and FFB.

-k

#915 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:20:29 PM(UTC)
Wheel or controller?

#916 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:23:07 PM(UTC)
t300rs gt. it's a mess.
#917 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:29:02 PM(UTC)

I'm feeling the opposite. I was able to hop right in to PC2...
#918 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:37:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brian 7h3 King Go to Quoted Post
(On Windows 10) my CSW 2.5 had no force feedback whatsoever from FM7 in the 30 minutes I've had to mess around so far, even though the game did correctly identify the wheel. It works great in other games. What can I try to get it working? I need to decide if I should cancel my pre-order or not...

It turns out that I wasn't on the latest driver/firmware version. Performing that update enabled force feedback. So far I do have to agree with other members who have stated that understeer feels rather strange, especially as you go over the limit, and oversteer just feels really disconnected / no feedback. Comparing to Proj Cars 2, well.... Forza really loses out, at least the way things are now :/

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:06:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#919 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:54:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
We really need to know if there is inherent differences in the ffb/function between those 2 modes with wheels and whether there is more to it then just speed sensitive assist (which I believe was disabled anyway with wheels).

I honestly dont know anymore (it may have changed significantly from when first introduced and I havent kept up. very possible).

If you want to see the changes between sim and normal I've noted in the flesh, fire up forza 3 or 4. (Forza 3 uses normal steering) dive a couple laps on normal steering while throwing the car around and watch the telemtry (steering telemtry in those games is a dirwct result of what the physics are doing) or even the replay and keep an eye on the front wheels. You'll notice some very jerky movements in the steering at the moments right before weight transfers, this is the game altering the input to make the car easier to control.

The same thing happens in all forza titles just they have refined it a huge amount and have hidden it in the telemetro so you can't detect it but it's still there, I can feel it. This is what makes normal steering feel so much easier.

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:56:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#920 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:09:27 PM(UTC)
T10Driver wrote:

The defaults are technically unaltered but that's not to say they'll be to your liking. My actual race car has more mechanical trail and more scrub radius than I like and as a result I'm exhausted after a two hour stint. If I could turn it down with a slider I would.

Could there be an issue with the trail calculations somewhere? As even boosting the Trail feedback by lowering the FFB understeer and disabling all other feedback (pnumatic trail as default) the wheel still will not self align properly as I showed in my last video:Wheelplay Take 2 (fixed link)

While my experience was much better with these settings I feel like there is something still off with the SAT, during transitions the wheel doesn't keep up and slows right down and makes it feel disconected with the car. There is often jerky and spongy sort of feeling when rotating the wheel past the center point when transitioning.

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:35:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#921 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:15:54 PM(UTC)

If you want to see the changes between sim and normal I've noted in the flesh, fire up forza 3 or 4. (Forza 3 uses normal steering) dive a couple laps on normal steering while throwing the car around and watch the telemtry (steering telemtry in those games is a dirwct result of what the physics are doing) or even the replay and keep an eye on the front wheels. You'll notice some very jerky movements in the steering at the moments right before weight transfers, this is the game altering the input to make the car easier to control.

The same thing happens in all forza titles just they have refined it a huge amount and have hidden it in the telemetro so you can't detect it but it's still there, I can feel it. This is what makes normal steering feel so much easier.

I'll take your word for it.

If thats accurate, then one would/should/could expect soft locking to eliminate any need for normal/sim if the wheel is then 1:1.
#922 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:28:48 PM(UTC)
I have tested both xbox and pc with fanatec csw set. When I play on xbox it feels just right as ffb respond to what youd expect, however on pc side, things are.. a lot out of control as people are expericing. Did something go wrong during the pc porting of the game?

#923 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:39:19 PM(UTC)
I'm starting to think it could be a physics related issue, simulation steering is one to one with the physics. when drifting holding a slide with corect steering angle and trying to let the wheel rotate on its own during the transition the car rotates way to fast, as fast as you'd expect when you apply more correction just before the transition in order to have a more agressive/faster transition. This results in having to unwind lock before the transition in order to make the car transition more control ably. In a car like the GT2 the car should have a tendencies to try and understeer, requiring transition techniques like lifting off throttle for the transfer and applying a flick of extra lock to help the car transafer to continue oversteeing, but this just does not happen.
 1 user liked this post.
#924 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:47:14 PM(UTC)

Forza 3 felt vastly different to 4 or 5 on a wheel. 4 felt different than 5 did. It doesn't matter if it is SIM steering or not. The telemetry data wasn't as accurate in 5, hell it wasn't even there at one point in time if I'm not mistaken.

You have a game developer working on things with you in this thread. I know I am not a moderator anymore so please don't take this the wrong way but it's best to not clog the thread with double posting, rumors that you believe true, etc. Keep it to what you currently feel, not what may or may not have happened 8 years ago. It's hard enough testing with information from someone else without having to filter through other stuff, let alone when you have to and run through hoops.
 1 user liked this post.
#925 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:09:17 PM(UTC)
T10Driver wrote:

Could there be an issue with the trail calculations somewhere? As even boosting the Trail feedback by lowering the FFB understeer and disabling all other feedback (pnumatic trail as default) the wheel still will not self align properly as I showed in my last video:Wheelplay Take 2

While my experience was much better with these settings I feel like there is something still off with the SAT, during transitions the wheel doesn't keep up and slows right down and makes it feel disconected with the car. There is often jerky and spongy sort of feeling when rotating the wheel past the center point when transitioning.

Your link is wrong my man. Goes to your first vid.
95 Pages<<3536373839>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error