This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
95 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext
#801 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:49:08 AM(UTC)
This game feels like it has the worse wheel support yet. I can't believe how terrible it feels, even when compared with FH3... I have already canceled my order on the ultimate edition and will be buying Project Cars2 instead. This is the only Forza game I will not be picking up at launch, since FM2. Once they fix (If ever) the wheel support to be playable without turning every single thing, then I will buy it.
 1 user liked this post.
#802 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:58:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post

How are people supposed to make an informed decision about buying this game when the demo is frankly a mess. From what i gather from the info in this thread recently, theres no way these things will be fixed by launch day. Horizon 3 also had ffb issues and it took a month to fix, i dont see these issues being fixed in a month tbh.

Then it's probably best to delay the purchase and wait to see if they fix it to your expectations and if they don't then don't buy it...

I was really disappointed when I first tried it but after the help form other posters on here it's now working at a level where I am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things develop - it's not perfect by any means but to me it's perfectly playable - perhaps I'm just easy to please.... Or realise that I'm only playing a game...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:00:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

1 user liked this post.
#803 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:02:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ze great one Go to Quoted Post
to be playable without turning every single thing, then I will buy it.

Without turning every thing?!? In every racing you have to change ffb setting to have a good ffb.
#804 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:11:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: T10Driver Go to Quoted Post
T Rex,
I actually enjoy it! I was trying a few settings today and think I found one I can work with. I am also keeping in mind that this may be the E3 demo build and some areas may have already been refined for launch in the update. I have to say my biggest gripe is the lack of road feel or engine vibration feel in the actual wheel. In Forza 6 the old Ford GT40 has an awesome feel in the wheel. You can feel the harmonic vibration in the wheels. You can shift pretty well just from the feel of the RPMs in the wheel.
In this Demo I feel curbs, cobblestone, opponent bumps, brakes working, even the vibration of pushing over the edge of traction, but no road or engine vibration. Going straight is a dead wheel unless you are turning the wheel.

Well and the fact I have a lot of setting changes for my butt kicker to work properly. The settings worked great with FM6 but in this Demo, as you are introduced to your car pre-race and right after the checkered flag the ending, have very strong bass booming and I have not been able to turn down. I have any and everything with music turned off but still booms bass only. If I set my buttkicker Max to the loud booming before and after the race that setting is to low to feel the racing effects. If I set my butt kicker Max to feel the racing effects then after the race the bass booms way max out my butt kicker possibly causing damage. I may have to play with my surround sound bass and subwoofer volume some to fix this. I will wait for the final version and see what we get....only adjusting this once....LOL

Anxious for a week from Friday!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I've noted your comment about rumble effects.

Thanks a TON Aaron!
I can not express how nice it is to see your communication....AWESOME!!!
We have always put up info here in the forums but never knew what was heard and what did not get noticed by those who can make a difference....you ROCK!
I understand that this may or may not be changed in the game but sure is nice to be heard!

Hey Aaron,
I wanted to let you know I fixed the butt kicker issue. There is a UI setting presuming "User Interface " and that allows you to turn off that Deep Bass Booms that happen right after a race and during the car and suit intros. I have every music thing turned off but this setting is above the music with the tire and track noise settings. Once turned off my butt kicker works pretty good. Could use done engine RPM vibration but still pretty good.

The no road feel in the wheel when going straight is still and issue though. No road feel unless you are moving the wheel. Should at least feel a slight vibration and feel the RPMs of the engine some in the wheel.......is there a setting you recomend that may help this?
 2 users liked this post.
#805 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:12:20 PM(UTC)
Aaron, I'm fairly certain that my feedback wouldn't be entirely helpful, as some of the forces that have been discussed are above my understanding. I've typically gone plug and play with my wheel (458TX on Xbox One with TH8A and T3PA Pro pedals) regarding FFB or copied settings that others I trust have endorsed. I was all ready to come in and be critical of the game and its state on the wheel after trying the demo. But instead, I wanted to pop in here and say that your interaction with the community is really appreciated and a refreshing change. I'm so glad you're doing it. Keep it up!

#806 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:17:55 PM(UTC)
After 12 hours of playtime and endless tweeking of controllers, this is my best setting, so far.

Using a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara and TH8A shifter on PC.

First of all if you are using a Thrustmaster. Download the latest driver at Thrustmasters website. Download manager in Thrustmasters control panel is broken.
So you have to download it manual. Plug of your wheel when updating.

Settings in Thrustmaster control panel
Default. 900 wheel rotation.

Settings in Forza Motorsport 7 Demo
Steering axis 0/100
Acceleration axis 2/100
Deceleration axis 2/100
Clutch axis 15/90
Handbrake axis 0/99999999
Vibration 100
Force feedback 100
Steering sensitivity 100
Steering linearity 50
Force feedback understeer 200
Force feedback minimum force 130
Wheeldamper 0
Center springs 0

Its not 100%, but for me its the best setting yet. Even the Porsche without any assists, manual with clutch, exeept ABS active, is now capable to drive.
The GTR feels more than okey if i compare to default settings. But still i would like to have more feeling from the car. Something is missing.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:04:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#807 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:18:58 PM(UTC)
Straight up Garbage!!! FFB is no where near acceptable!! just cancelled my ultimate edition...

Very sad to see Turn 10 worrying more about off road assists and being able to drive with guitar hero controllers than actually work to be a real sim.

But that's not that they can't... They don't want to..

Arcade racers and Graphics sell more

that's a wrap for me tho, thx for the great years we spent together Forza, Project Cars 2 here I come..

1 user liked this post.
#808 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:29:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post

How are people supposed to make an informed decision about buying this game when the demo is frankly a mess. From what i gather from the info in this thread recently, theres no way these things will be fixed by launch day. Horizon 3 also had ffb issues and it took a month to fix, i dont see these issues being fixed in a month tbh.

Then it's probably best to delay the purchase and wait to see if they fix it to your expectations and if they don't then don't buy it...

I was really disappointed when I first tried it but after the help form other posters on here it's now working at a level where I am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things develop - it's not perfect by any means but to me it's perfectly playable - perhaps I'm just easy to please.... Or realise that I'm only playing a game...

As far as right now i honestly dont think i will be buying it i actually preordered pcars 2 right after playing the forza demo. As far as fixing it, there'd be no way for me to test if it is fixed this is why this demo was important. As far as giving them the benefit of the doubt, ive done that already in the past and its cost me hundreds of dollars. Theyve had 2 years to "fix" the ffb and now the game launches in less than 10 days and this is what we've been given. Im sorry but its unacceptable and a slap in the face to all of the people who had contributed their feedback in the forza 6 ffb thread.
#809 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:31:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post

Without turning every thing?!? In every racing you have to change ffb setting to have a good ffb.

True story
 9 users liked this post.
#810 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:50:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rafakasabian Go to Quoted Post
Straight up Garbage!!! FFB is no where near acceptable!! just cancelled my ultimate edition...

Very sad to see Turn 10 worrying more about off road assists and being able to drive with guitar hero controllers than actually work to be a real sim.

that's a wrap for me tho, thx for the great years we spent together Forza, Project Cars 2 here I come..

You have cancelled that preorder several times in these threads..........why do you keep re-buying it again?????

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:51:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#811 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:00:20 PM(UTC)

True story

I agree it usually requirws tweaks for personal preference or to slightly improve it, but most games are good qirh default ffb is acceptable on most other games.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 2 users liked this post.
#812 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:05:27 PM(UTC)
Ok so just reset the settings to default and set the damper and wheel spring to zero and I might've let out a very faint smile. But only very small.
#813 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:09:15 PM(UTC)

You have cancelled that preorder several times in these threads..........why do you keep re-buying it again?????

are you stalking me? actually I cancelled my pre order a long time ago, I'm just reinforcing my statement.. but what you have to do with my pre orders anyway?

2 users liked this post.
#814 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:17:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CodenameJack447 Go to Quoted Post

As i said in my first intervention and was the first thing i said: g920 PC user here, FW 96.3.49, LGS_8.96.81_x64:

I'm on windows10 15063 compilation, and i don't have an xbox, and until i know you are trying your g920 in xbox and your trustmaster on PC. You should test g920 on PC to make comparisons.

FFB in FM7 works the same as FH3 does, and with the same issues. There's a common issue in that if you set damper to 0%, centre spring to 0%, g920 automatically pulls to the left, losing entire FFB on left side. That thing only happened in FH3, and now it happens in FM7 too, that why i say FFB works the same. This not happens in other games i have, like APEX, AC or PCars. This issue was reported at his proper moment and seems they haven't paid attention yet.

You want to help me? just download APEX on PC, test your g920 and tell me if you hame the same experience.

I have never had that issue with the wheel pulling to the left in FH3 with my G920 wheel (or any other wheel I have ever used with any forza game for that matter). Either on the Xbox one or on the PC. Not saying it hasn't happened to you; but not everyone will always suffer with the same issues that someone else does. If you want to disregard the information I have posted in regards to the G920 because you 'think' that I have not tried it on the PC, then that is up to you.

We are all in the same boat here with regards to the force feedback, and there are things that are missing or not right. Those are the road feel (which is very absent), and the self aligning, although there in the FM7 demo, is pretty weak and only really noticeable once the Damper and Spring are set to 0%. The cars, from my testing, have excellent weight feel this time around however, much more than FH3. Coupled with the vibration effects, it is also possible to feel when you are losing traction; but only to a point. But the forces that are there, in my case, are much stronger and far better than those I experience to this day in FH3 on any of my 3 900°+ racing wheels.

are you stalking me? actually I cancelled my pre order a long time ago, I'm just reinforcing my statement.. but what you have to do with my pre orders anyway?

If you truly did cancel your preorder for FM7 a "long time ago", then why exactly are you here glogging up what needs to be a useful thread with irrelevant statements that you no longer need to make?

If you are here to cause arguments and to troll, would be more beneficial if you took it elsewhere; leave this tread so those of us who want to see things improve and leave the information that T10Driver needs to hopefully improve the force feedback and general wheel usage within Forza.

11 users liked this post.
#815 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:28:04 PM(UTC)
Trying to catch up with everyone here. Sorry if I missed anyone. We're taking this very seriously and committing most of my day to this thread. I've noted several issues, suggestions and bugs from the last day. We're looking into everything from the default settings to the underlying physics.

Wheels are always subjective. We spoke to several wheel drivers to arrive at the current feel but nothing tells you what the community is looking for like handing them the tools. Thank you to those who have put in the effort and posted your preferred settings. This, as much as anything, is a guide for us.

Originally Posted by: RDS xDC Jake Go to Quoted Post
I have a Fanatec Turbo S wheel. Still runs great with thousands of hours. Used it in FM3 and FM4. Run all different sim games on PC with it too. Latest drivers installed and running v681 firmware. I almost gave up on the demo within the first half hour, but I decided to try it out again after seeing this thread. I have discovered a few things that may help here.

First, I turned vibrations off. I'm not sure if this does anything to the FFB motor or if its just the vibration motors in the wheel, but it definitely helped me feel out the car a bit better. This does make the rumble from the rumblestrips and cobblestone disappear.

Linearity is important like all other racing games/sims. I'm currently running 37 in-game and 900 degrees with 0 linearity on the wheel. A good balance will help with accurate steering input needed to keep the GT2 RS under control in the corners, especially during trail braking. Go to low and you have too much sensitivity near lock and likely over-correct during oversteer. Too much and the car will be twitchy and you may find it hard to keep it on the race line.

The Understeer setting seems almost useless to me. Whether I had it at 5 or 200 there was no noticeable difference.

I'm getting some spiking issues mainly on the straights. Lowering the Minimum Force setting all the way to 80 has helped slightly reduce the intensity of it.

The main issue I'm having I believe has to do with the Centering Spring Force setting. It's strange because it only happens when I set it to 8 or higher. 7 and lower it doesn't seem to happen, but the FFB is so weak at 7 and lower. 8 seems to make the FFB strong but then the issue occurs. 0 obviously gets rid of it and the cars are almost undriveable. When it's 8 or higher, I'll be driving and everything is fine, you can feel the aligning torque well during oversteer and such, but suddenly it will just start pulling the wheel to center at random times, also making the FFB stronger when it happens. Then it will magically snap out of it and work normal again. I tried making it work at 0-7 but the feedback is so weak it's difficult to feel anything. Not sure what the deal is but I feel it can't be corrected with the settings in the demo.

Even though these issues exist. I'm not having a ton of trouble like I was the first time on it. I can run clean laps fairly consistent but when that GT2 RS kicks out there is a 50% chance it's sliding to a wall. I think a lot of people are forgetting that they are driving a 700HP rear engine car on a hot, dusty road. I'm not sure I'll be buying unless I know for sure these issues are fixed. Only reason I've considered buying this one is because it's on PC and I refuse to buy another console. Forza 2-4 are still the best.

If it helps, I might be able to make a quick video later on today demonstrating the problems I'm having.

Good objective feedback. As noted previously, the Understeer setting isn’t working as expected; we’re looking into it. The center spring issue is odd. What are the conditions of the car when this is occurring? Lateral load? Sliding? Speed?

The GT2 is an animal, the truck is extremely heavy, particularly over the front, which dulls load sensitivity and the GTR is in the wet. None of these are optimal for feel.

Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

Lots of good info here, got a few things to try now.

In regards to the bold part, my analysis of Apex FFB now makes perfect sense, as the tyre reaches peak slip angle and beyond the pneumatic trail dissappears along will the aligning FFB.

If I may make a suggestion, it sounds like you are calculating two seperate aligning forces, one for pneumatic trail and one for mechanical trail. There should be only one calculation with both trails combined (lateral load x (mechanical trail + pneumatic trail) ÷ steering ratio = steering torque/force). This way the wheel will always feel connected wit the car and the subtle drop in force when cornering will indicate understeer/cornering on the limit. If players want a more noticeable understeer effect then this can be achieved with the vibration setting.

Because mechanical trail it typically greater than pneumatic trail (and pnumatic trail varies and isnt a constaalnt) it is very very important to calculate that aligning force at all times, and this is the reason forzas FFB has been so criticised in the past because it wasn't simulated.

Quote:
It's a double edged sword; more mechanical trail means more subtle feeling at the edge of understeer since there is now another force beyond peak slip angle. Basically, we're trading understeer feel for oversteer feel.

Understeer is a lot easier to manage when driving, based on this fact alone I think you should set the default values so that we get more oversteer feedback as it is critical for car control

Nice to see another chassis nerd in here. The force comes from a single torque equation with the trails combined. Mechanical trail is scaled based on the Understeer value but they are combined before becoming a torque. The center spring is, however, a separate torque and this seems to be an area of contention.

Still taking notes here. I know everyone is different but for you oversteer feedback trumps understeer feedback even if it means understeer comes from the haptics.

My settings are
FFB Scale: 100
Steering Sens: 540
Steering Lin: 50
FFB Understeer: 0
FFB Min force: 80
Wheel Damper:0
Center spring:0

On wheel (Fanatec csl elite)
Sen: Aut
FF: 31
Sho: 30
ABS: 99
DRI: off
BRK: 50
Fei: 0

no noise, drives acceptable. the Porsche is [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Works much better than the default settings. But there is absolutely no ffb from the road. Only things i can feel are the curbs, opponents and a little bit over/understeer. And with the default settings i have a strange noise from my wheel base, looks like it iswhen the car is under/oversteering.

@T10Driver do you think you can fix FFB?

What exactly do you mean by “ffb from the road”? Torque near the center? Haptics at speed? Haptics around the limit? I’ll look at the rumble function specific to this wheel. We’ve seen resonance rattles with some wheels. I'm certainly going to try to fix FFB.

So, with some of the recommendations I managed to get one run with 'better' feeling but its still not that great TBH.
Every time set the advanced options for the default csr profile it reverts it to a custom profile, which makes the FFB act the same way as my first impression video.
CSP plugged into USB don't work, gas pedal is inverted (presuming the clutch is too), analogue handbrake was recognised but havn't tested it
just seems everything is super buggy ATM, and I cant manage to get a consistent experience, just seems very hit and miss.
much work is needed.

I hope were not going to scare you off Aaron, I really want to help improve the FFB and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If there is anything I/we can do to help (if there is anything) please let us know

Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Custom mapping bug on elites like Aaron mentioned maybe?

yeah but I cant even adjust the advanced settings for the default profile as doing so reverts it to a custom mapping

Most likely yes. This is a very high priority for us. It isn’t exclusive to the Elite and may be the cause of several issues seen here.

Originally Posted by: Colin Girth Go to Quoted Post
Aside from the already mentioned issues, Aaron, what do you think the chances of us having an in-game app (or perhaps delivered through telemetry) for FFB clipping would be? Right now, when trying to set the overall power of FFB, it's a shot in the dark at best, because we have no real idea if we have it too high or too low just by feel.

I’ve added it to our community feature requests.

There's a common issue in that if you set damper to 0%, centre spring to 0%, g920 automatically pulls to the left, losing entire FFB on left side. This issue was reported at his proper moment and seems they haven't paid attention yet.

Bug filed. We’re looking into this one as I type.

Hey Aaron,
I wanted to let you know I fixed the butt kicker issue. There is a UI setting presuming "User Interface " and that allows you to turn off that Deep Bass Booms that happen right after a race and during the car and suit intros. I have every music thing turned off but this setting is above the music with the tire and track noise settings. Once turned off my butt kicker works pretty good. Could use done engine RPM vibration but still pretty good.

The no road feel in the wheel when going straight is still and issue though. No road feel unless you are moving the wheel. Should at least feel a slight vibration and feel the RPMs of the engine some in the wheel.......is there a setting you recomend that may help this?

I’ve forwarded the ButtKicker one to our audio team.

For the road feel there is little you can do right now without turning up all other rumble. I’ve noted this. We're looking at it.
Aaron
T10 Design
 3 users liked this post.
#816 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:38:24 PM(UTC)

What exactly do you mean by “ffb from the road”? Torque near the center? Haptics at speed? Haptics around the limit? I’ll look at the rumble function specific to this wheel. We’ve seen resonance rattles with some wheels. I'm certainly going to try to fix FFB.

Games like AC, Euro Truck etc have a canned FFB response that gives some feedback/road noise while driving straight on smooth tarmac. FM7 currently has none.

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#817 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:45:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

As i said in my first intervention and was the first thing i said: g920 PC user here, FW 96.3.49, LGS_8.96.81_x64:

I'm on windows10 15063 compilation, and i don't have an xbox, and until i know you are trying your g920 in xbox and your trustmaster on PC. You should test g920 on PC to make comparisons.

FFB in FM7 works the same as FH3 does, and with the same issues. There's a common issue in that if you set damper to 0%, centre spring to 0%, g920 automatically pulls to the left, losing entire FFB on left side. That thing only happened in FH3, and now it happens in FM7 too, that why i say FFB works the same. This not happens in other games i have, like APEX, AC or PCars. This issue was reported at his proper moment and seems they haven't paid attention yet.

You want to help me? just download APEX on PC, test your g920 and tell me if you hame the same experience.

I have never had that issue with the wheel pulling to the left in FH3 with my G920 wheel (or any other wheel I have ever used with any forza game for that matter). Either on the Xbox one or on the PC. Not saying it hasn't happened to you; but not everyone will always suffer with the same issues that someone else does. If you want to disregard the information I have posted in regards to the G920 because you 'think' that I have not tried it on the PC, then that is up to you.

We are all in the same boat here with regards to the force feedback, and there are things that are missing or not right. Those are the road feel (which is very absent), and the self aligning, although there in the FM7 demo, is pretty weak and only really noticeable once the Damper and Spring are set to 0%. The cars, from my testing, have excellent weight feel this time around however, much more than FH3. Coupled with the vibration effects, it is also possible to feel when you are losing traction; but only to a point. But the forces that are there, in my case, are much stronger and far better than those I experience to this day in FH3 on any of my 3 900°+ racing wheels.

If you truly did cancel your preorder for FM7 a "long time ago", then why exactly are you here glogging up what needs to be a useful thread with irrelevant statements that you no longer need to make?

If you are here to cause arguments and to troll, would be more beneficial if you took it elsewhere; leave this tread so those of us who want to see things improve and leave the information that T10Driver needs to hopefully improve the force feedback and general wheel usage within Forza.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! what a joke!!

so basically your saying that WE have to help a multimillionaire company that supposedly hired a professional racing driver a "wheel guy" to at least make a usable FFB? HAHAHA

They had 2 years to "work" on this and they haven't, nothing will change now.. good luck with that kid.

But in one thing you're right, I don't know what I'm doing here, I should be on Real Sim threads by now.. and that's what I'm doing.. don't even bother to answer.. I won't be seeing..

2 users liked this post.
#818 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:11:07 PM(UTC)
My Game FFB settings for an Xbox
Steer 0-100
Accel 2-100
Decel 2-100
Clutch 15-90
E-brake 10-100
Vibration 100
FFB scale 48
Wheel DOR 540
Steer Lin 49
FFB under steer 160
FFB min 130
Wheel damper 4
Center spring 19

Assists.........
ABS off
Steering SIM
Traction control off
Stability control off
Shifting manual without clutch ( paddles )
Friction assist off

Wheel type...Fanatec Clucsport V2
Wheel settings.....
SENS (DOR) 540
FFB 40
Sho off
ABS 67
Lin off
DEA off
DRI off
BrF 40

Hope this helps someone with a base.......this info is also posted in the FFB settings post #2 but more settings traffic here so hope it helps someone with a baseline.
Actually feels pretty good for me but everyone, except those who actually drove these cars in real life, this is just thier impression of what it should feel like and it has to be believable to them......sometimes that's more important than real life physics. There are probably only a few hundred people who have actually drove the Porsche so everyone else has an idea of how it feels but how accurate is that idea??? FFB is hard as everyone has a slightly different idea of its results in a car. My settings may be rubbish but it is in the ball park of what I think the car will drive like.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:18:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#819 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:14:37 PM(UTC)
I think this thread has the most posts in the FM7 discussion section now. Incredible! Hope this puts FFB higher on the priority list. I do not have the skills to contextualize the issues I feel on the wheel but I'm glad many of you can!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:15:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#820 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:33:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Games like AC, Euro Truck etc have a canned FFB response that gives some feedback/road noise while driving straight on smooth tarmac. FM7 currently has none.

Exectly what i mean, thx.

And the noise is not from vibration, its from ffb. I think its from Center Spring or something. i tested it now only to see after testing i had FEI on wheel at 7 :(. And FEI has to do with FFB. From Fanatec: Increasing the value for FEI means that the motor will decrease the attack impact, when FFB effects are leading to immediate direction changes. Higher FEI values softens up the intensity of harsh effects to reduce mechanical sounds and can even make them feel more natural.

#821 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:35:24 PM(UTC)
My Game FFB settings for an Xbox
Steer 0-100
Accel 2-100
Decel 2-100
Clutch 15-90
E-brake 10-100
Vibration 100
FFB scale 48
Wheel DOR 540
Steer Lin 49
FFB under steer 160
FFB min 130
Wheel damper 4
Center spring 19

Assists.........
ABS off
Steering SIM
Traction control off
Stability control off
Shifting manual without clutch ( paddles )
Friction assist off

Wheel type...Fanatec Clucsport V2
Wheel settings.....
SENS (DOR) 540
FFB 40
Sho off
ABS 67
Lin off
DEA off
DRI off
BrF 40

Hope this helps someone with a base.......this info is also posted in the FFB settings post #2 but more settings traffic here so hope it helps someone with a baseline.
Actually feels pretty good for me but everyone, except those who actually drove these cars in real life, this is just thier impression of what it should feel like and it has to be believable to them......sometimes that's more important than real life physics. There are probably only a few hundred people who have actually drove the Porsche so everyone else has an idea of how it feels but how accurate is that idea??? FFB is hard as everyone has a slightly different idea of its results in a car. My settings may be rubbish but it is in the ball park of what I think the car will drive like.

Has nothing to do with physics, feels nothing remotely like pushong a car. I realize ffb is made up to make us beloeve what is happening, but feeling doesnt disappear when you are over the limit. Try driving on ice even, u can still feel where the tyres are at evem when sliding in forza you do not at all.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 10 users liked this post.
#822 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:43:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post
I think this thread has the most posts in the FM7 discussion section now. Incredible! Hope this puts FFB higher on the priority list. I do not have the skills to contextualize the issues I feel on the wheel but I'm glad many of you can!

More people have wheels now than ever, many in this thread have more than one. I have to say Aaron is doing a great job so far of acknowledging some problems as well as giving some insight as to how the ffb is programmed. Maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel after all.
 3 users liked this post.
#823 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:51:08 PM(UTC)
I agree here Baby Cow,
I am not a fan of it dropping off after pushing over the limit. I set it up the best I feel I can with the adjustments I am given. I always tinker with the settings as I never seem to be completely happy but I am that way with a lot of things. I have a great time playing Forza and I remember we talked about other racing games to try. I an happy with Forza for now and will probably be adjusting endlessly with it but that's me always trying to make done thing better than it already is....it's an addiction. LOL

AC is better than Forza here and as we talked about Iracing too. As a complete package that fits what I am looking for that is Forza. I still buy and play other games and have PC2 bought and downloaded but will probably not play it before Forza and it will be my .......I want a change.....game that I bounce to along with Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 and Horizon but Forza will be my go to racing game.
 1 user liked this post.
#824 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:20:03 PM(UTC)
With a setup as good as yours thats a shame its going to waste.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 2 users liked this post.
#825 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:35:28 PM(UTC)
@Turn10Driver / Aaron...

May I make a suggestion for the FFB?

I think one thing where Forza lacks when it comes to FFB is the relation of speed and downforce. I think the wheel should become stronger the faster you go and vice versa. The faster you go, the more downforce you generate as the car is being pushed down to the ground by the weight of the air. In Forza this isn't shown in the FFB as the weight of the wheel stays relatively the same no matter the speed. It's should be even more evident in F1, and LMP cars but it just isn't in its current state. The wheel doesn't have to turn into a 1 tonne brick going 200 mph in the Renault RS17, but there should be a difference going 120 mph and going 200mph. Even though it was in the rain, the same applies to the Nissan. You couldn't feel any difference in the FFB at the kink on the back straight at The Ring going around 130+ then going around 50 in the first sector...

Just a thought.
95 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error