This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:50:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Harawanagangsta Go to Quoted Post
SLI is able to be forced in Nvidia Control panel. May or may not be causing a shadow flickering problem, but works non the less.

Holy **** , I tried forcing it in the Nvidia Control Panel on day one and the game wouldn't load. Just tried it again (Force alternate frame rendering 1) and bam! 4K on Ultra Dynamic Settings and running pretty smooth for the most part and definitely at 60fps. Some frame drops mostly when particle effects kicked in.

Once I got back to desktop the highest GPU usage on got on either card was 70%. Going to play around with custom graphics settings a bit to see if I can force more from them. I didn't have any shadow flickering though. What driver version are you running?
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 9:09:45 PM(UTC)
Everyone try to force SLI in control panel and tell us if you get glitching and lighting problems.
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:51:30 PM(UTC)
Confirmed it gives better overall framerate, but still getting pretty major stutters on certain parts of each track. Also, flashing car and wheel textures.
i7-920, 12GB RAM, 2xEVGA 660TI SLI
#29 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 1:23:01 PM(UTC)
Just tried it out, and I'm getting much better framerates than before. I haven't noticed any lighting issues, although I haven't tried all of the tracks and weather conditions. I did notice that the wheels flicker. I'm more than willing to accept that side effect for the framerate jump, but it still feels sorta hack-y.

i7-2600, 16GB RAM, 2x 770GTX 4GB
#30 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 2:09:18 PM(UTC)
How exactly do you force SLI in the control panel?,I have 2,770 GTX'S and need all the help I can get.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:26:48 AM(UTC)
I get lots of flickering when forcing SLI.

i5 3570k and 2x670GTX

To force SLI you need to open up NVidia control panel, manage 3d settings, select game on list, then select the force alternate rendering in the relevant drop down list
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:52:42 PM(UTC)
Force Alt Method 1 & 2 both give me flickering, 2 however is much worse.

i7-5930K 2x980GTX 1440P

Edited by user Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:02:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:25:55 AM(UTC)
Selecting Nvidia recommended still gives me SLI but eliminates the flicker.
Still getting stutter and lag after a few races though
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:27:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: raybey1 Go to Quoted Post
Selecting Nvidia recommended still gives me SLI but eliminates the flicker.
Still getting stutter and lag after a few races though

Yep, exactly what happens, Any word on official SLI?

Edited by user Sunday, May 15, 2016 4:05:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 3:45:55 PM(UTC)
I'd love to see SLI as well.
#36 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 2:01:15 AM(UTC)
We need SLI or multiGPU support, which is quite popular in simracing world.
Proud member of polish racing community SimRace PL
my simracing Youtube
#37 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 3:33:49 AM(UTC)
http://prntscr.com/b4ni58 So this is 2 970s forced SLI on brands Hatch raining run steady for 5 laps on ultra. notice the GPU usage, this is base clock as well. So much potential here, but Forcing SLI this way causes serious visual bugs that could be fixed with official SLI support through client. SLI runs much smoother gameplay than a single 970 even on just high settings and it runs much less efficient at 90% usage. Your Game Runs Better On SLI.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:29:43 AM(UTC)
I know this is still beta, but being the first MIRCOSOFT game, with DX 12... how is there no Explicit Multi-adapter (EMA) support? I hope they put that support in by final stages. Tired of using Ages of Singularity as the defacto benchmarking for DX12

i7-4970k w/ SLI 980TI flickering sometimes...
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:51:31 PM(UTC)
So I played around with Nvidia Inspector and was able to get a working SLI profile without the flickering! For reference I'm using dual GTX670s with an i5 3570k. Links below are images to the settings I used. http://imgur.com/a/78GiT

Leave all settings not highlighted set to their normal settings. Don't forget to click "Apply Changes" in the top right corner before navigating away from the selected Forza Profile.
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:36:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CANT BE STUMPED Go to Quoted Post
So I played around with Nvidia Inspector and was able to get a working SLI profile without the flickering! For reference I'm using dual GTX670s with an i5 3570k. Links below are images to the settings I used. http://imgur.com/a/78GiT

Leave all settings not highlighted set to their normal settings. Don't forget to click "Apply Changes" in the top right corner before navigating away from the selected Forza Profile.

Wow, Works like a wet dream for the 10 minutes I have used it on ultra, Still has the problem with the game just hanging for a half of a second at random every minute or so. but im 90% sure thats just the coding for the platform messing up. other than that its 100% playable now, cant thank you enough for going through the trouble of testing this setup out.
#41 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 4:15:50 AM(UTC)

Wow, Works like a wet dream for the 10 minutes I have used it on ultra, Still has the problem with the game just hanging for a half of a second at random every minute or so. but im 90% sure thats just the coding for the platform messing up. other than that its 100% playable now, cant thank you enough for going through the trouble of testing this setup out.

Glad to hear it worked for you as well! As far as stuttering goes I get it even without SLI. From what I can tell when monitoring resources while in game I'm pretty sure it's CPU related as this game has my cpu near 100% on a single core with others relatively unused. Hoping as patches come out it will be further optimized.

I hope others have success with this profile as well though until an official one is released.
#42 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 6:42:12 AM(UTC)

Glad to hear it worked for you as well! As far as stuttering goes I get it even without SLI. From what I can tell when monitoring resources while in game I'm pretty sure it's CPU related as this game has my cpu near 100% on a single core with others relatively unused. Hoping as patches come out it will be further optimized.

I hope others have success with this profile as well though until an official one is released.

I have a quad core without HT and its using 100% of the first and third cores, the other two are completely idol.
#43 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 6:47:00 PM(UTC)
If I stay in SLI mode and play with a full opponent list it skips frames like a movie from 1919
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:06:39 AM(UTC)
Everyone try to force SLI in control panel and tell us if you get glitching and lighting problems.

Forced it and still glitching

SLi load only goes about 30% usage not even close too max usage

Edited by user Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:09:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:20:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EVIL VENOM Go to Quoted Post

Forced it and still glitching

SLi load only goes about 30% usage not even close too max usage

Try the Nvidia Inspector profile in my original comment (#39) and see if that helps. Definitely getting full power out of both cards when monitoring through GPU-Z and PrecisionX. Best of luck with your setup.
#46 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 2:32:41 PM(UTC)

SLI profile works perfect and the stuttering seems to be related to dynamic setting runs smooth all set to ultra but if change to dynamic i get stuttering every now and then.

cheers mate

I7 4770K @4.2
16GB RAM
EVGA FTW GTX 970 SLI
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:41:57 PM(UTC)
I only buy games with crossfire support.

Apex is free... but if Horizons 3 or whichever Horizons comes out does not support Crossfire I'm not a customer.

My AMD Driver control panel does not even recognize Forza as a game installed.
#48 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:05:07 PM(UTC)

If I select this DX12 profile, my game won't even start?
Please advise?

Selecting 'SFR' in rendering mode causes this game to not start.
And any other option wont work well.

I **** HATE SLI's lack of support.,
Nvidia should be sued

Edited by user Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:36:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#49 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 7:22:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MysticReverie Go to Quoted Post

If I select this DX12 profile, my game won't even start?
Please advise?

Selecting 'SFR' in rendering mode causes this game to not start.
And any other option wont work well.

I **** HATE SLI's lack of support.,
Nvidia should be sued

Please don't be a dumb ***..

It's up to the developers to make SLI /MGPU work. Nvidia can't tailor their drivers to make SLI work for every renderer out there.

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error