This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 11:44:18 AM(UTC)
I have tried everything to try to get this car to stay in the 246 range I need some help I've been working on it for months and I can't get it to stay in that range if anybody can help me please let me know I have no arrow on the car 1.5 front camber same in the back the rest of the is pretty much stock I did raise the front end and lower the back end and it seems to go faster that way I'm in the top 200 at Indy hand and Daytona I'm trying to get up into the double digit numbers on the timesheets

Edited by user Saturday, September 2, 2017 11:44:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:50:25 PM(UTC)
I am assuming your are talking about the Oval tracks. I ran awhile ago HBR Dean's tune and was hitting 248 mph top speed, yet, the track is tricky in order to keep the momentum the turns need to be next to flawless. I saw that you used that tune as well and @ #206 @ Daytona Tr-Oval. I am also assuming you are now running your own tune and need some gearing. I have 3 old tunes that I'll take a look at and give it some laps, then, may suggest something. Send me a pm if you choose to share any add'l details of your settings in order for me to test. In the meantime, I'll play around with me preferred settings on it.

PRKid

Edited by user Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:12:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:56:16 PM(UTC)
Per your post, If I just change the front camber to match the rear at -1.5, and, raise the front ride height (I'll assume from 2.2 min to 2.6) and leave the rear at 2.2 min. Then, the benchmark shows 248.1 mph with a FD of 3.66. The aero was reduced F/R to min. However, the benchmark does not necessarily represent what you can hit many times. Again, going by your post.

EDIT...with these setting you will hit around 244-245 range, yet, need steady hands. So, something else needs changed. @ Mulsanne this will hit 245 mph. I'll revert back to my tunes now.

EDIT - with the ride heights at Max/Min, and a FD of 3.65, benchmark will be 249.0, hitting 246 mph.

Edited by user Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:36:32 PM(UTC)
As a comparison, my 3 tunes are hitting @ Mulsanne.... 249-250 mph. As another comparison, HBR Dean13's tune hits 249-250 mph (direction dependent).

DJ Saoco
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 5:14:00 PM(UTC)
Just ran one of my tunes @ Daytona Tri-Oval with a top speed of 248 mph.

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:28:00 AM(UTC)
Tune only takes you so far. It's your inputs that matter.

I used to hotlap ovals in other games and did quite well. Hit a few top 10s but I'd say I'm a solid top 50 oval person.

Things I learned were before your flying lap you may need 1 or 2 laps to set up you're flying lap. So Indy would be a remind heavy previous lap to nail turn 4 and Daytona takes about two laps on the high line to build up momentum.

Odds are you're scrubbing speed somewhere as well. Any slight movement in controller will scrub speed. It's super easy to do this on the exit of all ovals in this game. You almost have to let the car drive itself with moderate inputs by you.

Washing up in corners and taking aggressive corner entry may also hurt speed as well.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:58:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
the track is tricky in order to keep the momentum the turns need to be next to flawless.

Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Tune only takes you so far. It's your inputs that matter.

I used to hotlap ovals in other games and did quite well. Hit a few top 10s but I'd say I'm a solid top 50 oval person.

Things I learned were before your flying lap you may need 1 or 2 laps to set up you're flying lap. So Indy would be a remind heavy previous lap to nail turn 4 and Daytona takes about two laps on the high line to build up momentum.

Odds are you're scrubbing speed somewhere as well. Any slight movement in controller will scrub speed. It's super easy to do this on the exit of all ovals in this game. You almost have to let the car drive itself with moderate inputs by you.

Washing up in corners and taking aggressive corner entry may also hurt speed as well.

Completely agree with you Swerve! I can do OK on Ovals, yet, it requires a lot of patience along with diligence in setting up that ONE lap.

DJ Saoco

Notification

Icon
Error