This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:06:41 AM(UTC)
I usually buy the disc version rather than the download version.
I was wondering, if I were to buy the disc version of Forza 7 (so I can play at launch date) will I later also be able to use that same disc to play on the One X? Or is that exclusively for the download version (which currently enables you to play on One and Win10)

[Mod Edit

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
FM7 Game Edition Comparison

Release Dates
September 29, 2017 - Ultimate Edition only (disc and digital formats)
October 3, 2017 - Standard and Deluxe Editions
November 7, 2017 - Xbox One X releases

Format differences
  • Game content and features are the same on disc, digital console, and PC formats; the only difference is display quality. Resolution is limited to 1080p on the Xbox One and Xbox One S, while it will be native true 4K on the Xbox One X and can be adjusted for hardware performance on PCs via in-game settings.
  • HDR display (enabled tv/monitor required) is available on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, which will make the gameplay look more vibrant and realistic. The Xbox One X will make the game look better on the same 1080p display vs a One or One S due to supersampling.
  • There is no extra game purchase required to switch from an Xbox One to the new One X; your gamesave is saved in the cloud, and the same disc will work in the One / S / X.
  • PC play is only available with digital download editions (some retailers offer digital codes which you can redeem at Xbox.com) and Windows 10 computers; the disc will not run in a PC. Owning a console is not required. See the Xbox Play Anywhere FAQ and FM.net forum discussion thread.

Download/install size
100GB or less, depending on the console (One and One S won't use the 4K assets for the One X). Detailed info TBA.

Pre-order Editions

(chart via GameStop.com)

(chart from the official Pre-order announcement)

Edited by user Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:37:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:28:35 AM(UTC)
Yes ... there will only be one physical disc that will play on the One, the OneS and the OneX. Once you get a OneX, the OneX enhancements will be a downloaded update to the game.

Edit: Which, by the way, is the way that all XBox games work across the Xbox One family. There will only be a single version of the games that will play on all consoles. And if you purchase a digital version, then you can add Windows 10 to that list.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:48:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
1) Games and game discs for Xbox One = Xbox One S = Xbox One X
Quote:
Xbox One X is fully compatible across the Xbox One family of devices
With the Xbox One family of devices, our focus is on hardware innovation without sacrificing compatibility. That’s why all existing Xbox One games, including Xbox Play Anywhere titles, Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games and accessories, will be compatible with Xbox One X. And those games will load faster and look and play better, on Xbox One X.
https://news.xbox.com/20...6/11/xbox-one-x-e3-2017

This means that if you buy FM7 on disc, the same disc will play on any in the family of Xbox One consoles. However, the disc will not play on PCs, and the disc will not play on Xbox 360 consoles.

2) Forza Motorsport 7 is a Play Anywhere Title
Quote:
Now available for pre-order at your local Microsoft Store and microsoft.com, Forza Motorsport 7 arrives worldwide on October 3 exclusively on the Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PCs via Xbox Play Anywhere.
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fm7_e3_announce

Q: "Is it safe to assume the same digital code will work for XB1 / XB1 X / PC?"
A: "Yes. As an XPA title, your digital entitlement will work on Windows 10 PC as well as the Xbox One family of device." - Dan Greenawalt^

This means that if you buy a digital copy of the game, you only need to pay once and you will be able to play the game on any in the family of Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs.

3) If you buy the disc version and later want to play on PC, you will need to buy the digital version.
Quote:
Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

www.xbox.com/games/xbox-play-anywhere

This means you can play the game on PC without owning a console if you purchase the game in digital version.

Edited by user Monday, June 12, 2017 5:19:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:36:01 AM(UTC)
Thanks to the both of you!
That means I will be there from day one without any worries :-)
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:39:04 PM(UTC)
If I buy Forza 7 for Xbox One,will I have to buy a new copy when I switch to Xbox One X or is T10 going to release an update?
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:55:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kimo 950 Go to Quoted Post
If I buy Forza 7 for Xbox One,will I have to buy a new copy when I switch to Xbox One X or is T10 going to release an update?

Read the above comments
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:44:58 AM(UTC)
As the title suggests, we've seen it works on the Xbox One X and One S. But will it work on the first gen Xbox One? I really don't feel like shelling out more money for this game on an entirely new console
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:47:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soothsayers Go to Quoted Post
As the title suggests, we've seen it works on the Xbox One X and One S. But will it work on the first gen Xbox One? I really don't feel like shelling out more money for this game on an entirely new console

Yes.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:48:06 AM(UTC)
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:05:20 AM(UTC)
Perfect, thank you.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:11:44 AM(UTC)
Yes. Every Xbox One game and accessory works on all Xbox One consoles.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:27:58 AM(UTC)
They can take my Xbox One with Kinect when they pry it from my cold dead hands! As far as I'm concern, and this coming from a neophiliac, my original Xbox One which I purchased in November 2013 for the sole purpose of playing Forza Motorsport 5, which I obtained along with the console at Best Buy, is way to NEW to be replaced. I expect to get at least another 3-4 years out his his puppy before I upgrade to whatever. I think Turn10 understand and recognize this and is making all new releases backward compatible to the original Xbox One, which is way cool. I also expect that there may be some firmware updates to Xbox One that provides with with some extra visual punch when this game is released in the Fall. But yeah, no way am I upgrading in just over 3 years of service!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:10:06 AM(UTC)
During the E3 show Phil Spencer said something along the lines of all Xbox One games will work across all Xbox One consoles but will look their best on the Xbox One X.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:48:59 AM(UTC)
I am glad it will work on my S. I made the mistake of buying it to get the 4k option but then found out that while the S only outputs in HDMI my 4k Asus monitor only does 4k through the DigitalPort. There is no way I am buying ANOTHER Console just to look a bit prettier, because I would also have to buy another monitor to display it. I will have the option of using my PC at 4k, but that will depend on the performance. I can run Apex quite well at 4k but gave up on Horizon months ago. Way too many problems on the PC port.
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:33:42 AM(UTC)
Just want to clear this up. I have a One, and have preordered the deluxe download edition. When the X is released, I just wire up the new machine, sign in, and download the beautiful 4k HDR version and carry on as normal?
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:53:01 AM(UTC)
Yes if you buy the digital version it will work on all xbone versions and windows 10 pc
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:56:39 AM(UTC)
  • Digital: Works everywhere.
  • Disc: Only works on the Xbox One family of consoles.
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:27:46 AM(UTC)
If you're just going Xbox One to Xbox One X you can use your disc for both machines and just install it on the X when you get the new console so there's no rush. This is also important because the game comes out before the console.

-k
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:16:37 AM(UTC)
These days the disc is an almost insignificant portion of the total game size so your still going to have a lot of data to download...

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#20 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:43:56 AM(UTC)
Pretty sure the Xbox One or One S version won't be anything over 55-60 gigs. Max, 70. It's the 4K textures that massively bloat the install space which is okay. Folks with expensive 4K TVs and Xbox One-X's should be able to afford all the extra install real estate since the One-X comes in at the entry level with a 1TB drive. But I wonder if the OS occupies the same space as the one on the current consoles.

Either way, I might have to get an external too for my One. I'm eyeing Seagate and Digital Trends for now.
#21 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:51:06 AM(UTC)
OS is the same for all Xbox Ones. The only difference is resolution. It's similar to Windows 10 being the same regardless of your CPU and GPU. 4K TVs are becoming the norm now. If you browse the TV section at a Target or Best Buy the majority of screens are 4K and the prices are much lower than they used to be. It's people who have bought a TV recently or will soon that will have 4K without paying a ton. Externals are cheap as well and if someone can afford a new Xbox One X they should be able to cover an extra $50 for an external if needed.

-k
#22 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 11:04:30 AM(UTC)
Im going to pre order on my Xbox one and want to be sure I can play it on my PC? I will not play the game on the Xbox ever. Do I need to pre order on the PC somewhere or just pre order on my X1?
#23 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 11:16:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
1) Games and game discs for Xbox One = Xbox One S = Xbox One X
Quote:
Xbox One X is fully compatible across the Xbox One family of devices
With the Xbox One family of devices, our focus is on hardware innovation without sacrificing compatibility. That’s why all existing Xbox One games, including Xbox Play Anywhere titles, Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games and accessories, will be compatible with Xbox One X. And those games will load faster and look and play better, on Xbox One X.
https://news.xbox.com/20...6/11/xbox-one-x-e3-2017

This means that if you buy FM7 on disc, the same disc will play on any in the family of Xbox One consoles. However, the disc will not play on PCs, and the disc will not play on Xbox 360 consoles.

2) Forza Motorsport 7 is a Play Anywhere Title
Quote:
Now available for pre-order at your local Microsoft Store and microsoft.com, Forza Motorsport 7 arrives worldwide on October 3 exclusively on the Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PCs via Xbox Play Anywhere.
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fm7_e3_announce

Q: "Is it safe to assume the same digital code will work for XB1 / XB1 X / PC?"
A: "Yes. As an XPA title, your digital entitlement will work on Windows 10 PC as well as the Xbox One family of device." - Dan Greenawalt^

This means that if you buy a digital copy of the game, you only need to pay once and you will be able to play the game on any in the family of Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs.

3) If you buy the disc version and later want to play on PC, you will need to buy the digital version.
Quote:
Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

www.xbox.com/games/xbox-play-anywhere

This means you can play the game on PC without owning a console if you purchase the game in digital version.

#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:41:59 PM(UTC)
I always thought that to get the Xbox and PC versions of the game you had to purchase directly from the Microsoft Store.

I have never tried using the feature where you buy 1 and play both on XB1 and PC. I was looking on Amazon and they offer the digital codes for both, XB1 and PC.
I assume that if I purchase from Amazon for the digital codes I just enter the codes on my Microsoft/Xbox account, am I correct?

I do want both versions.Im more of a PC gamer and only have Xbox for Forza games and a couple others.

Here is the one Im asking about, any info is appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/F...words=forza%2B7&th=1
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:49:34 PM(UTC)
Buying that will allow you to play on both PC and Xbox One.
PC: i7-8700k @4.8GHz, 16GB@3600, 1080ti
Rig: Fanatec Podium DD1, Podium R300 Endurance wheel, CS v1.5 shifter; ButtKicker G2
A/V: MSI AG32CQ curved 32” 1440p 144hz; SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset

http://mixer.com/chojinzo
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error