6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#51 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 10:56:36 PM(UTC)
I know, right? And these require simple fixes really. A few lines of code, that's all it takes. But then a CU has to go through MS for approval - maybe there's a problem there.

Anyhow, it could be down to sheer laziness I suppose. If the cars sounded right in FM6 and do, in fact, sound right when a drivatar is nearby or overtakes you, then no reason the player's car shouldn't sound right.
Rank: Racing Legend
 6 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:48:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
I know, right? And these require simple fixes really. A few lines of code, that's all it takes. But then a CU has to go through MS for approval - maybe there's a problem there.

Anyhow, it could be down to sheer laziness I suppose. If the cars sounded right in FM6 and do, in fact, sound right when a drivatar is nearby or overtakes you, then no reason the player's car shouldn't sound right.


So many assumptions in this post.
I blame the ants.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:59:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
I know, right? And these require simple fixes really. A few lines of code, that's all it takes. But then a CU has to go through MS for approval - maybe there's a problem there.

Anyhow, it could be down to sheer laziness I suppose. If the cars sounded right in FM6 and do, in fact, sound right when a drivatar is nearby or overtakes you, then no reason the player's car shouldn't sound right.


So many assumptions in this post.


I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person's view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.

I would not be surprised at all if you work for T10 by the way.
Rank: Racing Legend
 7 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:45:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post


I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person's view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.

I would not be surprised at all if you work for T10 by the way.


Sound is wrong = view of the game and a fact, no question

Simple fixes = assumption
A few lines of code = assumption
Problem with MS approval of CU = assumption
Laziness = assumption
No reason the player's car shouldn't sound right = assumption

I am not denying there is a problem, there is a problem with sound which has been acknowledged by a Turn 10 employee.

I am saying that why it is there and how easy it is to fix etc is all based on assumptions.

Unless someone can prove that Turn 10 developers are playing solitaire all day or taking 3 hour smokos it is my view that accusations of laziness is poor form.
I blame the ants.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:24:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post


I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person's view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.

I would not be surprised at all if you work for T10 by the way.


Sound is wrong = view of the game and a fact, no question

Simple fixes = assumption
A few lines of code = assumption
Problem with MS approval of CU = assumption
Laziness = assumption
No reason the player's car shouldn't sound right = assumption

I am not denying there is a problem, there is a problem with sound which has been acknowledged by a Turn 10 employee.

I am saying that why it is there and how easy it is to fix etc is all based on assumptions.

Unless someone can prove that Turn 10 developers are playing solitaire all day or taking 3 hour smokos it is my view that accusations of laziness is poor form.


On top of which is always the problem with complex code - will "fixing" a small sound issue cause bigger game issues. The very reason the wheel glitch with the Titan Concept won't be fixed is that it seems to be very small but actually turns out to be much more complex underneath.
Satnite's point is simply that just because it is a seemingly small issue doesn't mean it is a simple and quick fix, and in fact could cause much greater problems.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#56 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:39:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DOHC46 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.



Thank you so much for answering. As mentioned, it might seem like an overreaction, but as car guys, little details like these are very important. The Valiant Charger is known for its L6 Hemi. If I may add, there are a few other vehicles that have the same issue. The Nissan Titan has a six cylinder sound, when it has a Cummins V8. The Hummer suffers from this as well, sharing the same L6 diesel sound with the Titan. Another truck would be the 2017 Ford Raptor which sounds like a V8, instead of a V6. The last would be the 2012 Jeep Wrangler, which has been given a V8 sound when it has a Pentastar V6.

This game is now better than ever, I must say. Super smooth performance on PC. Keep up the amazing job!!


The Raptor's sound is accurate. Ford designed the exhaust system to exaggerate the bass of the note. Listen closely, and it is clearly too gruff to be a V8.


Just to make sure. We're talking about the 2017 V6 Ecoboost Raptor. It's not about bass or sound quality, or audio equipment. The fact is the truck has been mistakenly given an 8-cylinder sound sample. Very nice sound, but not the sound it should have. I am not sure if you've used this truck in the game, but I must note that the A.I-controlled 2017 Raptors do have an accurate 6-cylinder sound, same one that the truck has in FM6.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
Rank: Forza Staff
#57 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:54:44 AM(UTC)
Hey everyone,

We are aware of the issue and will be updating you all with more information soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!


| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
Rank: Racing Permit
#58 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 10:53:39 AM(UTC)
I also noticed that 2017 Ford F-150 and Jeep Wrangler are having a V8 sound instead of V6, and also AMC Pacer has a V8 sound instead of Inline-6
Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#59 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 10:56:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DOHC46 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.



Thank you so much for answering. As mentioned, it might seem like an overreaction, but as car guys, little details like these are very important. The Valiant Charger is known for its L6 Hemi. If I may add, there are a few other vehicles that have the same issue. The Nissan Titan has a six cylinder sound, when it has a Cummins V8. The Hummer suffers from this as well, sharing the same L6 diesel sound with the Titan. Another truck would be the 2017 Ford Raptor which sounds like a V8, instead of a V6. The last would be the 2012 Jeep Wrangler, which has been given a V8 sound when it has a Pentastar V6.

This game is now better than ever, I must say. Super smooth performance on PC. Keep up the amazing job!!


The Raptor's sound is accurate. Ford designed the exhaust system to exaggerate the bass of the note. Listen closely, and it is clearly too gruff to be a V8.


Just to make sure. We're talking about the 2017 V6 Ecoboost Raptor. It's not about bass or sound quality, or audio equipment. The fact is the truck has been mistakenly given an 8-cylinder sound sample. Very nice sound, but not the sound it should have. I am not sure if you've used this truck in the game, but I must note that the A.I-controlled 2017 Raptors do have an accurate 6-cylinder sound, same one that the truck has in FM6.


And this is precisely one of the points I had made in my previous post that the AI cars sound right while the player's car has a different (and in many cases, the wrong) sample. However, @SatNiteEduardo believes this is an assumption on my part and/or accusation. Apparently, he likes to play the game on mute.

Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone,

We are aware of the issue and will be updating you all with more information soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!



Nitro, it is good to hear that a fix is being worked on. I hope you guys can look into ALL current car sound issues and roll out a mega fix. We've been literally highlighting issues for months. Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by user Friday, June 2, 2017 10:58:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 2:05:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
I know, right? And these require simple fixes really. A few lines of code, that's all it takes. But then a CU has to go through MS for approval - maybe there's a problem there.

Anyhow, it could be down to sheer laziness I suppose. If the cars sounded right in FM6 and do, in fact, sound right when a drivatar is nearby or overtakes you, then no reason the player's car shouldn't sound right.


So many assumptions in this post.


I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person's view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.


I totally agree, if you say something about the game thats wrong/bad, albeit an opinion, most of the time you will get digitally jumped on here. Honestly it feels like its condoned here, but god forbid you curse or try to have a debate on a subject that has been loosely discussed in a 50+ page thread. Its one of those things that just drives me crazy because this is a forum after all, I mean if we cant discuss things (good or bad) about this game here then where can we? Its the the reason I don't post on here as much, I personally like to see/hear what others are thinking because in my honest opinion thats how we learn.

Edited by user Friday, June 2, 2017 2:07:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 2:32:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post

And this is precisely one of the points I had made in my previous post that the AI cars sound right while the player's car has a different (and in many cases, the wrong) sample. However, @SatNiteEduardo believes this is an assumption on my part and/or accusation. Apparently, he likes to play the game on mute.



this where you went wrong
you never read his post correctly, he agreed with you that the sounds aren't right
he even followed it up explaining in detail how you read it wrong
maybe read his post again

your assumption is that you think everything is such an easy fix

Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post


I wish for once, just for ONCE, people would not come around contesting how one person's view of the game is so wrong, and how the other is right. This is not a contest. The game has real issues. Anyone with their head not stuck up their rear can acknowledge that.

I would not be surprised at all if you work for T10 by the way.


Sound is wrong = view of the game and a fact, no question

Simple fixes = assumption
A few lines of code = assumption
Problem with MS approval of CU = assumption
Laziness = assumption
No reason the player's car shouldn't sound right = assumption

I am not denying there is a problem, there is a problem with sound which has been acknowledged by a Turn 10 employee.

I am saying that why it is there and how easy it is to fix etc is all based on assumptions.

Unless someone can prove that Turn 10 developers are playing solitaire all day or taking 3 hour smokos it is my view that accusations of laziness is poor form.

Edited by user Friday, June 2, 2017 2:35:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 2:36:57 PM(UTC)
Views or obseevations in the game are one thing. eg that car is going faster than me or that car has the wrong sound. That is an observation. In this thread i have not said any observation is wrong.

But to then go on and say "it should be xyz because of abc" is assumptions.

It is a common theme in requests from end users to system development teams that end users often do not understand cause and effect, but they assume they do.

I blame the ants.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#63 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 8:53:13 PM(UTC)
@JONK1969

Another issue with this car that may or may not be fixable easily is the rear of the car cannot have vinyls applied to the black painted section.

I have spent 20 hours recreating the R/T stripes and various decals in order to recreate Leo Geoghegans race car in blue and white, but the paint scheme requires the lettering CHARGER across the rear of the car, unfortunately no vinyl can be applied to this area.

Since the only view of the car while driving is the back it is a bit of an issue that has ruined the effect.

Any chance of making a small change to this whilst looking at the engine sounds?

All of the race car liveries for this car require some vinyl applied to that area so it would be worth fixing.
I also planned to make an old barnfind version of the race car but the same issue will leave that area brand new and polished on an otherwise dull faded neglected car.

Cheers
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
Rank: Driver's Permit
#64 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:04:48 PM(UTC)
My question is how long until the valiant sound will be fixed, just want a rough idea of how long...... saying a future update could mean next year
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#65 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:39:25 AM(UTC)
Check todays update for the fix. They knew about it before the HW expansion came out so it might be ready today.
Rank: Forza Staff
 6 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:39:25 AM(UTC)
Incorrect engine audio for the E49 Valiant, AMC Pacer, and Jeep Wrangler will be fixed in today's update.

Missing Hellcats' supercharger audio fixes will not be in today's update, but that is in the works.


Rank: B-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:57:19 AM(UTC)
Excellent news!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#68 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:44:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Incorrect engine audio for the E49 Valiant, AMC Pacer, and Jeep Wrangler will be fixed in today's update.

Missing Hellcats' supercharger audio fixes will not be in today's update, but that is in the works.




Didn't think the Wrangler would be fixed too.

So, does that mean all three cars share that sound, or does the Wrangler have a different one over the Pacer and Charger?

(Yes, I know the Pacer's and Charger's engines aren't the exact same, but I'm willing to accept a similar sound between two '70s inline-sixes). Edit: Disregard. Now that I've heard all three in-game, none of them are identical.

And for what it's worth, I always heard the Hellcat Charger's whine. Perhaps not as loud as I'd like, but it was there. The Challenger needs/needed a fix though, for sure.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:42:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#69 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:30:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Incorrect engine audio for the E49 Valiant, AMC Pacer, and Jeep Wrangler will be fixed in today's update.

Missing Hellcats' supercharger audio fixes will not be in today's update, but that is in the works.




Good news Jonk! Glad to hear it.

Could you please confirm if a fix is in the pipeline for the R34, Supra, Silvia, M4 sharing the same sample? And the V12 Lambos - Centenario, Veneno,
Aventador, Aventador SV - sharing the exact same sample as well? The R8 V10 plus and Huracan also have the wrong sample. There's a ton more too like the SLS AMG and AR Competizione sharing the same sample. In addition, it would be greatly appreciated if we can bridge the gap between the drivater car sound and the player's car sound from chase cam. They both appear to sound different - driving as opposed to hearing another car pass by. The passing by drivater cars have the correct sample, even for the cars above; those are the same from FM6. But when you actually get into those cars, they sound vastly different, even from the chase cam.

A future fix would really make anyone's day. Please make it so. :)

Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post


this where you went wrong
you never read his post correctly, he agreed with you that the sounds aren't right
he even followed it up explaining in detail how you read it wrong
maybe read his post again

your assumption is that you think everything is such an easy fix



Hmm, I see. Well, in any case, at least knowing that a fix is in the pipeline goes a long way. And now that Nitro Glitter is here, I'm sure we're on the road to recovery where eventually, the game is reduced to zero car sound issues.

It may not be easy, there's no denying, but an acknowledgement really does go a long way. At least, if we know that the issues are being looked at and a fix might come around sometime in the future, then all we need to do is patiently await those fixes.

Good day to you Sir.

Originally Posted by: borrando cara Go to Quoted Post


I totally agree, if you say something about the game thats wrong/bad, albeit an opinion, most of the time you will get digitally jumped on here. Honestly it feels like its condoned here, but god forbid you curse or try to have a debate on a subject that has been loosely discussed in a 50+ page thread. Its one of those things that just drives me crazy because this is a forum after all, I mean if we cant discuss things (good or bad) about this game here then where can we? Its the the reason I don't post on here as much, I personally like to see/hear what others are thinking because in my honest opinion thats how we learn.


For sure. However, I am absolutely loving the positive vibes coming from JONK1969 and Nitro Glitter. We know that the issues are on the developer's radar and will eventually get fixed. Many of us have invested heavily in the game, buying all post-release DLCs and all, and it makes me happy to know that there are folks from the T10 team acknowledging issues and working on an action plan as we speak.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:39:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:41:14 AM(UTC)
What about the Skyline GT-R R32 and R34?

R32 GT-R has its own inline-6 sound. R34 GT-R uses the same sound as the 1998 Toyota Supra, the BMW M4 and... Silvia S15.

Why doesn't the R34 GT-R just use the R32 GT-R's sound? Even the 2.6l I6 TT engine swap seems to use the 'R34 GT-R' sound, shared with the other mentioned cars, for some reason. And why does the inline-4 single turbo Silvia S15 sound the same as the three inline-6 twin turbo cars?

Also I think the Supra and M4 shouldn't sound the same to begin with.


EDIT: Skyline GT-R R33 and the RWD LM version both use the same(or very similar) sample as the R32. So the R34 GT-R is the odd one out, for some reason.
EDIT2: R34 GT-R uses the R32/R33 inline-6 sample when it drives past as a drivatar, it's the player engine sound that's different. Any chance of a fix?

Edited by user Friday, June 9, 2017 4:13:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#71 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:46:37 AM(UTC)
Thanks for fixing the Valiant, guys! It sounds like a 6-cylinder now. The Pacer too! And wow... You also fixed the Wrangler? Didn't expect that. Awesome job!

I am, as many, a very reasonable fan and car guy. I'm not picky at all. As long as cars have a sound that corresponds their engine configuration, it is more than enough. No need to be picky, guys! PG and T10 are doing more than they should already.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:47:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:52:35 AM(UTC)
Also a fix for the incorrect RS logo on the '13 Renault Clio and the broken textures on the rear lights of the Volvo S60 is needed too. Also it's nice to see stuff getting fixed but is it too little too late.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:05:29 AM(UTC)
I am honestly mind-blown by you guys (PG/T10). I've never had a game where developers actually listen. I come from GT.... been playing that game series since the PS1. Something as simple as sounds haven't been addressed in almost a decade, despite fan advice. No response or nothing. And over here, it took a thread with a small list of cars with wrong sounds, and in less than a month you listen and fix half of them. That's why I love Forza!
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
Rank: Driver's License
#74 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:33:18 PM(UTC)
Great news @JONK1969. BTW only things needs to fix regarding sounds is the GTR/R34 GTR/2.6 TT/M4/Supra sharing same sound sample & Rolls Royce/Lykan engine sound sounds like a vaccum cleaner & Nearly all the Lambo Hypercars share the same sound only the Centenario is tweaked slightly for higher RPM & yeah add the cracks & pops for huracan & add more growl for the GT350R :)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:42:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Drivatars Dont Stop Untill They Get A Hit From Rolls-Royce Wraith....
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:47:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HyperAce59229 Go to Quoted Post
Great news @JONK1969. BTW only things needs to fix regarding sounds is the GTR,R34 GTR,2.6 TT,M4,Supra,Rolls Royce,Lykan engine sounds :)


Hey heyyy, come on now, let's not forget.. where's the love for the Lambos? *lol*

Veneno, Aven, Aven SV, Centenario sharing the same sample. They each have distinct exhaust sounds IRL. Minus the Centenario and SV, the rest did not sound exactly alike in previous Forzas.

And add the S15 to your list. :)
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error