56 Pages<<53545556PrevNext
#1351 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:41:20 AM(UTC)
Now that I've had some time with the Hot Wheels expansion I have to say it is really fun, BUT, the massive understeer is still a major problem. When you have boost pads flinging your car across the track at ludicrous speeds, it would be nice to know that I have more turn-in than a brick on ice. Really frustrated with the pavement driving in this game. I've been doing almost exclusively off-road racing because the pavement driving has so much understeer.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:41:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#1352 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:41:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PervasiveFall8 Go to Quoted Post
At AJ pretty sure the 25k one is exhibition only (unable to blueprint anything but stunt swaps) also in pretty sure it's a point to point but I could be mistaken about the P2P part

I Blueprinted ever one of the exhibition races for extra laps, different stunts swaped to the speed boost ones for better times and set the weather to what I wanted.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#1353 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:32:16 AM(UTC)
OK fellow racers my short FAQ on Blueprinting the hot wheel races, that not all players know about.

1 All race events can be fully Blueprinted

2 Races with 2 stunts can have the same stunt in both locations, just select the stunt you want and set as 1st stunt, sellect it again and set as 2nd stunt, that stunt should be listed as 1st and 2nd

3 To sellect the number of laps, time of day and weather go to race settings, this works for both Championship races and Exhibition races even if you have not all ready done them.

4 The most important have fun.
 1 user liked this post.
#1354 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:41:01 AM(UTC)
As I really like the Hot Wheels-games (Especially Turbo Racing back on the PS1/N64), this was a must-have for me.

Well, while the tracks are fun as hell, I'm a bit disappointed at the now more obviously cheating AI and the small selection of Hot Wheels-cars. The Twin Mill and Bone Shaker are perfectly fine, but the Rip Rod and HW Mustang, naaaah. It's a pity that the Drift King 24/Seven and Rodger Dodger didn't make it in. Maybe putting 10 HW-cars instead of just 4 and 6 Real Life-vehicles would have been a better choice. :(

Edited by user Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:47:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1355 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:38:51 PM(UTC)
The "Hot Wheels" expansion of Horizon 3 makes a mockery of racing in my humble opinion. The "speed-up" gizmos, loops, and jumps are in there to appeal to infantile minds who grew up playing with Hot Wheels and never grew out of it. Until we get another real racing sim from Turn10, I'll go back to Project CARS.
 5 users liked this post.
#1356 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:43:20 PM(UTC)
You do that. Personally, I think this expansion is an amazing throwback to a lot of players' childhood, and is there something wrong with that?
 5 users liked this post.
#1357 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:44:52 PM(UTC)
"appeal to infantile minds" eh? K...

Did you think Hot Wheels expansion was going to turn Horizon into Forza 7 or something?
#1358 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:26:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: whitet3260 Go to Quoted Post
The "Hot Wheels" expansion of Horizon 3 makes a mockery of racing in my humble opinion. The "speed-up" gizmos, loops, and jumps are in there to appeal to infantile minds who grew up playing with Hot Wheels and never grew out of it. Until we get another real racing sim from Turn10, I'll go back to Project CARS.

You are aware Forza Horizon is not meant to be serious racing thats Forza 6 and Project Cars is hardly a step up lol the handling is awful :D

2 users liked this post.
#1359 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:04:08 AM(UTC)

IMO, the Hot Wheels expansion let you explore driving styles that are extremely dangerous and interesting. True, a real car would never be able to do the stuff thats in this expansion, but it is (if nothing else) an interesting experiment. Apply realistic physics and cars to life-size scaled toys and see what happens.

Its a whole new driving style, one that really makes me appreciate my stick shift! The boost pads often have me shifting from 3rd to 5th or 6th gear! Its a pretty fresh take on driving and racing and I love it. As other's have mentioned, serious racing is reserved for Forza Motorsport (however dismal the current entry may be). Horizon is where you come to let loose and do the goofy stuff that you can't do in Motorsport!
 5 users liked this post.
#1360 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:15:09 AM(UTC)
If you look at his posts all he ever does is complain, so it's probably best to ignore him.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

2 users liked this post.
#1361 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:52:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post
You do that. Personally, I think this expansion is an amazing throwback to a lot of players' childhood, and is there something wrong with that?

Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
"appeal to infantile minds" eh? K...

Did you think Hot Wheels expansion was going to turn Horizon into Forza 7 or something?

I've enjoyed it so far, more than I anticipated but I had no REAL expectation. I just knew it would be fun just like Horizon always is. Forza is the ONLY racing game I play. None of the others appeal to me. People need to lighten up, the world doesnt revolve around you. There are others of us out here who like the expansion, no one is making you stay
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#1362 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:56:25 AM(UTC)
OK, Forzathon Jump is out of the way (I am parking my G65 right next to the R/R WraitheFrom Forza 6, never to be driven again) on to knocking out some more HW stuff. I need to know what are some good A-Class cars? I still have the one race to go. I did manage the 25,000 points but a damn Driveatar pulled a bump and run on me 100 yards from the finish. And then what are some good ( read "easy to drive") S-class cars? I normally shy away from anything past A class, if I can help it. My 65 year old reaction times start to show up in S
#1363 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:32:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
OK, Forzathon Jump is out of the way (I am parking my G65 right next to the R/R WraitheFrom Forza 6, never to be driven again) on to knocking out some more HW stuff. I need to know what are some good A-Class cars? I still have the one race to go. I did manage the 25,000 points but a damn Driveatar pulled a bump and run on me 100 yards from the finish. And then what are some good ( read "easy to drive") S-class cars? I normally shy away from anything past A class, if I can help it. My 65 year old reaction times start to show up in S

A-Class have a look at the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge... I notice it appearing as the "poster" car for a couple of events and give it a go and it worked for me.... I also used the A 45 AMG.

S-Class have a look at the BAC Mono also AMG GT-R which I found a lot easier to drive on HW. and also AMG C 63.

I am using and used cars on HW that I never gave much of a look in on the main map or BM... If you have them try some of the HE edition cars with Skill Boost to try and get the target...

I used to try and get the target done ASAP in the race get it banked if it was SP based then play catchup for the win...

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:36:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

1 user liked this post.
#1364 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:20:01 PM(UTC)
So sorry for my 60 year old "infantile mind"but I enjoyed the hell out of this expansion!!! As if driving a virtual car around a virtual track is growing up,still not real life!!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:37:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1365 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:23:46 PM(UTC)
I have given up getting all the stars or whatever they are called in HW's,same with BM,the drifting stuff ruined that for me!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#1366 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:32:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
I have given up getting all the stars or whatever they are called in HW's,same with BM,the drifting stuff ruined that for me!!!
I haven't tried the Drift Zones yet as I hate drifting, too. I have 3 starred all the Danger signs, Speed Zones, And Speed Traps. Along with all the B-class and A-class races except the afforementioned LAST one. I haven't decided if I will try for the Drift ones yet. Maybe IF I can find the right car and tune, who knows. It was the Drifting that kept me from 3 starring BM.

#1367 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:40:32 PM(UTC)
[quote=T REX 5753;725809]I have given up getting all the stars or whatever they are called in HW's,same with BM,the drifting stuff ruined that for me!!!
I haven't tried the Drift Zones yet as I hate drifting, too. I have 3 starred all the Danger signs, Speed Zones, And Speed Traps. Along with all the B-class and A-class races except the afforementioned LAST one. I haven't decided if I will try for the Drift ones yet. Maybe IF I can find the right car and tune, who knows. It was the Drifting that kept me from 3 starring BM.

[/quote Well Mike,it just is not worth getting my BP up any higher than it is already,i still enjoy the game,i just hate the fact drifting is a required part of 3 starring zones,part of 3 starring races and required to obtain certain cars,as you found out with the Ram Runner HE,as I've stated before,i don't mind them putting it in the game,just don't make it mandatory to complete it to obtain certain cars and cheevos!!!
#1368 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:06:46 PM(UTC)
I'm bad at drifting and will probably never be able to complete all the PR stunts in the main game, and certainly not BM... but I finished them all in the HW expansion with only one drift zone giving me particular problems. I'm about 4 championships from total completion, which will make it the only part of the game I'll have gotten 100% on. It's comparatively easy all around, which is perfectly fine with me.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#1369 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:36:45 PM(UTC)

Try a Torana tune by "boydy".
I blame the ants.
#1370 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:39:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Tried it and I still suck at it.

1 user liked this post.
#1371 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:13:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Tried it and I still suck at it.

I've been able to get all of the drift zones to 3 stars using a stock Nissan Sylvia HE. It was surprisingly easy for me to drift in that car adding to the fact that there is no traffic (private freeroam), not sure how it'll go for you.
#1372 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:30:58 AM(UTC)
I used a stock Twin Mill for drift zones (TCS + STM Off, Manual w/o Clutch), and it went pretty smoothly. Many were done on the first attempt; most of the retries were just because of traffic and drivatars getting in the way.

Edit: I was always in either 2nd or 3rd gear. Don't remember which lol.

Edited by user Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:32:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Gears.

One of "The 50"
#1373 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:43:02 AM(UTC)
Found a way to get the 25,000 points in a hurry. 69 Camaro HE PLUS the Skill Boost perk. Now on to S-class.
User is suspended until 5/27/2291 10:03:18 AM(UTC)
#1374 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 7:06:26 AM(UTC)
I just found some gift-cards in my drawer that are from 3 years ago. They don't expire, and they can be used for any device by Microsoft. Should i buy the Hot wheels expansion pack? Half the reviews say that it was a poorly done expansion pack and not worth the money. Should i buy it? what do you guys think?
Forza Horizon 3 Lego Mosaic
#1375 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 8:12:11 AM(UTC)
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the wheels apparently go INSIDE the tracks during hard cornering? I mean, I was just taking some pics with my S60 and I realized that the track was almost touching the wheel hubs ffs.
56 Pages<<53545556PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error