#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 8:10:38 AM(UTC)
EU 24/24 racers, 100/100 standby
NA 24/24 racers, 100/100 standby
LATAM 24/24 racers, 18/100 standby....hmm
Asia 24/24 racers, 0/100 standby....lol
Oceanic 21/24 racers, 0/100 standby...lmao

Quick observations. It's hard to qualify for EU and NA.

LATAM you have to be a decent driver to qualify. Overall not too hard.

Asia and Oceanic, just drift a clean lap or drive the track in reverse. Hell you can stop half way around lap one to stop and get a good look at the car or track. You can even take a break, get something to eat, develop a patent for your latest invention, take your car out for a little cruise, do your laundry, brush your teeth, study for an exam or well anything and finish your lap and then qualify.

Yep. That seems fair and seems to be exactly what the fast racers in the bunch (mostly from EU) wanted regarding having a racing methodology to make finals.

Overall though the races regardless of region will produce really good players assuming the fast guys in some regions don't qualify via rivals.

My points are more geared to the obvious difficulty gaps per region. It just doesn't seem right to penalize regions for having too many really good players.
#2 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 11:49:58 AM(UTC)
Even like that, there are better driver's in Oceania than in Asia. Solution imo will be the remove two seeds from Asia and give them to EU and remove one from Oceania and give it to NA.
#3 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 11:55:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Even like that, there are better driver's in Oceania than in Asia. Solution imo will be the remove two seeds from Asia and give them to EU and remove one from Oceania and give it to NA.

Agreed. There's a bunch of fast Aussies and new zealanders out there. No clue why only a handful are trying.
#4 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 12:53:41 PM(UTC)
The quotas are a stupid idea in the first place. If there are guys in those regions who are good enough then they'll qualify. If there aren't then the spots shouldn't be going to players who aren't good enough just to make the game look more international than it really is.
#5 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 3:08:18 PM(UTC)
Fully agree with the comments.

I finished 28th in the EU leaderboard which wasn't easy to do!

I am hoping those on standby will be selected based on leaderboard position if any of the 24 fail to check in.
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:24:56 AM(UTC)
Am I missing something here. I thought the ELITE series was for the elite of the game or the top 108 overall. I keep getting told that T10 and gfininty ow the slower playes nothing and shouldn't make allowances, yet here we are making huge allowances because someone lives in a different country. Is this the reason they claim it to be the most "inclusive esports programe" It's more like a postcode lottery. That's a zip code for the americans
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:55:46 AM(UTC)
I think at this point "inclusive" means anyone can enter in Rivals events, not that everyone has an equal shot of winning.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:23:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I think at this point "inclusive" means anyone can enter in Rivals events, not that everyone has an equal shot of winning.

Everyone can enter IF you have the porsche pack.

If only everyone could enter I think that's what some people are saying in other threads when they ask for it to be in the rivals section and not within the porsche pack. Funny enough horizon 3 works this way. You can even win the cars that are used in rival without owning the porsche pack

Edited by user Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:25:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:15:50 PM(UTC)
I have two rooms available for rent but bring your own Xbox. Just remember we are going into winter here. The rental will be reasonable as all I want to cover is the prize values I will not win in the recreation series. LOL.
#10 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 2:25:29 AM(UTC)
Everyone seems to be complaining a lot about how easy it is for people in the Asia or oceanic region to qualify for a race which may or may not be true but at the end of the day only our 3 drivers with the most points get to go to the finals whereas others get 15 to 23
EMEA
23 Drivers
NA
15 Drivers
LATAM
6 Drivers
Asia
3 Drivers
Oceanic
3 Drivers

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:02:21 AM(UTC)
I think the OP's point was more directed at the fact that in Asia [for example] a driver doing say around 1:26.8's on Catalunya [I] might [perhaps] easily won his regional finals whereas that lap times wont be good enough to reach the semi-finals in the EMEA or NA regions. Therefore the OP says that a driver in EMEA [for example] that does 1:25.8's does not get close to a place in their top 23, but would have qualified had he been living in Asia, hence he says "quick, move to Asia". It's the system being questioned, not the people.

Edited by user Friday, May 19, 2017 3:03:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#12 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:11:40 AM(UTC)
I've got to admit I qualified 21st in Asia but world leaderboards I was 228th it's unfair on all the people who got a better time than me but didn't get to race maybe next season we should ask for more racing brackets for the larger regions
#13 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 4:11:04 AM(UTC)
Look at LATAM too. I thought that it was going to be a competition to see who went with Wesley, but it looks like he will qualify through the Rivals directly. That now makes it 12 people in total that most likely are not even fast enough to make it in NA or Europe, but because of where they live, will end up making it to Le Mans. Not complaining about the drivers by the way, they have nothing to do with the issue anyway. The complaint is towards the qualifying structure that rewards people based on where they live instead of their skill.
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:20:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMP Riptide Go to Quoted Post
I think the OP's point was more directed at the fact that in Asia [for example] a driver doing say around 1:26.8's on Catalunya [I] might [perhaps] easily won his regional finals whereas that lap times wont be good enough to reach the semi-finals in the EMEA or NA regions. Therefore the OP says that a driver in EMEA [for example] that does 1:25.8's does not get close to a place in their top 23, but would have qualified had he been living in Asia, hence he says "quick, move to Asia". It's the system being questioned, not the people.

You've got it!

Notification

Icon
Error