6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:18:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
There's a 407mb update so hopefully this is fixed.

Not yet, this update was specifically released to fix an issue where players were unable to proceed from the buy Hot Wheels prompt. That's a game-breaker.
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:44:30 PM(UTC)
I fixed it myself !
I put the v8 in the car :)

Before you scream at me:
That was the intention of Chrysler for the next generation of R/T
340 6 pack, new process 4 speed, dana rear end.

They got canned along with the Phase 4 Falcon and XU2 Torana prior to production.
(The 340 motors went into the E55)

Sidenote, why is magenta not included in the factory paints?
And why do the stripes disappear when you paint the car? (it does on the brat and some others too, but on others like the VR GTS HSV the decals stay when you paint it) it cant be a licencing thing can it? Chrysler Australia is long gone?

Either way, after 20 hours I have recreated the stripe set, I now have a magenta V8 R/T E58, complete with the intended 340 six pack decals, (I had a peek at the unreleased artwork when I worked there and used my photographic memory to create them here). dam i wish they made them!

PS: if anyone wants me to share the stripe set so they can recreate a bathurst car or whatever give me a shout online, its not in my storefront. They are not 100% as the editor does not allow a suitable resolution for the fine lines but they are sufficient.
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:47:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
There's a 407mb update so hopefully this is fixed.

Not yet, this update was specifically released to fix an issue where players were unable to proceed from the buy Hot Wheels prompt. That's a game-breaker.

Fair enough. It's taken years to get the E49 in a racing game so a few more weeks won't hurt.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:44:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdotjoseph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
I bet they only fix the E49, but i hope they prove me wrong

Why do you care, or have you already left and come back?

I left and came back, since I had nothing else to play in the Racing\shooter\sports genres other than NBA 2K17, but once GTS drops, I'll be gone again. I'm glad to see that you care.

Also to note, I'm not 100% dissatisfied with FH3 as there is one thing that was done that i actually prefer over the motorsport series. In FM6, AWD cars had a tendancy to have no front grip and plow through turns. FH3s AWD cars handle much better.

What makes you think I care? I don't. I'm just sick of people making ridiculous statements they have no intention of going through with.
You're not fooling anyone, you'll buy anything T10 puts out, and ask for more. You can always justify it with a lame excuse like, "there's nothing else to play" Seriously, is that the best you can come up with?
I think from now on I'll call you "Supercharger" you both whine (except the Hellcat)

I seriously think that T10/PG is trolling me. I've complained about a lack of SC whine on the Hellcats since the FM6 release and now they introduce the Trailcat in the HW Expansion and it still doesnt have the SC sound, but they did give the twin mill a SCd sound. I know most of you dont care but this is it for me. It was a simple fix just to show that they cared but apparently they dont so with that and after 8 Forza Motorsport/Horizon games and now Im ready to move on. Time to see what GTS has cooked up for me.

BTW the HW Expansion is stupid, but i deserve it because i bought the season pass with the second expansion unannounced. Do not beleive them when they said it was unplanned, they knew what they were going to do before release... they knew itll be controversial and wouldnt sell if pre announced. Goodbye Forza it was fun for a while.

-Sdot

#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:17:43 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.

Interesting. I'll have to make sure to keep the original engine in it to see if I like the sound when it's fixed. I wouldn't notice that it's not right, but there are a few vehicles that I keep the original engine in just for the sound. And a couple I've upgraded to the twin racing rotors for that awesome scream.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:59:47 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.

Amazing to hear.

Whilst you guys are there, could you correct the Pacer sound too? Even if you copy the sound from the likes of the Buick Regal, or the Charger E49 :)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 6 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

Whilst you guys are there, could you correct the Pacer sound too? Even if you copy the sound from the likes of the Buick Regal, or the Charger E49 :)

That's on our radar too - There are valid sound bugs you guys brought up in these forums, some of which we knew about like the Valiant, some we might have missed. Some we might be able to fix in a future update, some we might not be able to fix. Doesn't mean we're not listening and logging bugs. We are;)
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:22:11 AM(UTC)
Jonk is like the good news fairy around here. PLEASE fix the 993 gt2 turbo spool and the huracan exhaust pops.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:25:34 AM(UTC)
The GT350R could use some adjusting as well.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:46:20 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

That's on our radar too - There are valid sound bugs you guys brought up in these forums, some of which we knew about like the Valiant, some we might have missed. Some we might be able to fix in a future update, some we might not be able to fix. Doesn't mean we're not listening and logging bugs. We are;)

Jonk, thank you so much for being proactive about this! A little developer feedback and communication with the fans says a lot about your company culture! :)

Could you please look into these:

- Supra, R34 Skyline, M4 and the new Silvia all share the same sample. They have distinct sounds in the FM games as well as Horizon 2.
- GT350 note has changed drastically since FM6, and it does not sound like the same, deep and rumbly sound from FM6, even at high revs. There's virtually no off-throttle sound.
- Very little off-throttle sound on the R35 Skyline, 350Z and old school Acura NSX
- No supercharger whine on the Challenger Hellcat
- Modern-day Camaro Z/28 uses a generic "1000 Hp V8 engine swap sound" instead of the distinct and throaty sound from FM6.
- Alfa Romeo Competizione, SLS AMG, C63 Black Series all share the same sound sample
- The AMG GT-R uses the SLS AMG sound sample from FM6
- The AMG GTS has a very loud and "airy" intake + turbo sound from the first person views - you can't hear the engine/exhaust very well.
- No difference at all between the sound character of a 599xx and FXX-K.
- The Veneno, Aventador, Aventador SV and Centenario all have the exact same sound. I do understand they have very similar engines or in some cases, practically the same engine tuned up a bit, but they do have distinct exhaust sounds IRL - you can clearly tell a Veneno from an Aventador i.e.
- The Zonda R appears to reuse the Vulcan's sample. The former has a V12 sound that's quite different from the latter; it's coarse and shrill like the Vulcan, but the tone and character is distinct.

Oddly, every car that the drivatars or other players use sound exactly right (same sample form FM6) when they drive past you.

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a tall order, but we really appreciate you looking into this Jonk. I love you guys for supporting the franchise. Keep up the excellent work. :)

Edited by user Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:52:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:08:17 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

Good Sir, you are a legend :)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:57:45 PM(UTC)
I only have one minor thing I'd like to see fixed and that's to add Phase IV to the end of the XA GTHO like the Phase III at the end of the XY GTHO. It may not have been officially released but to leave off the Phase IV descriptor is doing the car a disservice.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:16:22 PM(UTC)
I only have one minor thing I'd like to see fixed and that's to add Phase IV to the end of the XA GTHO like the Phase III at the end of the XY GTHO. It may not have been officially released but to leave off the Phase IV descriptor is doing the car a disservice.

Looking at your gamertag I would think you would share my needs with adding the overlooked tire widths for the HQ Holden Sandman as a priority over fixing the name of a Ford :)

It surely had to be an oversight - max width of 215 is a bit silly in a racing game
 3 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:37:26 PM(UTC)

We named the car exactly what Ford told us it should be officially called, and went back and forth with them over this and other details because we thought the same thing and wanted to be absolutely sure about it. The "Phase IV" was never officially in its model name, even though Phase IV is how it has come to be known colloquially, that's not what Ford says its called, or was intended to be called.

At the end of the day, we don't decide what a car is called, the manufacturer owns that. And most of the time, they know better than we do.

We might like to call the 1995 911 GT2 a "993" but that's not the official name of the car - it's the "1995 Porsche 911 GT2"
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:15:00 PM(UTC)
^He's right you know!

Officially there is no Phase IV (or NB Fairlane, or SVO Falcon Ute, or Brock Wagons), they were killed off after the super car scare and never entered into homologation production. There was also a Phase V concept that was kicked around by some Ford engineers in the mid-80s based on the XD-E Falcon that got killed by management when they dropped V8 production with the XF.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:02:01 PM(UTC)

We named the car exactly what Ford told us it should be officially called, and went back and forth with them over this and other details because we thought the same thing and wanted to be absolutely sure about it. The "Phase IV" was never officially in its model name, even though Phase IV is how it has come to be known colloquially, that's not what Ford says its called, or was intended to be called.

At the end of the day, we don't decide what a car is called, the manufacturer owns that. And most of the time, they know better than we do.

We might like to call the 1995 911 GT2 a "993" but that's not the official name of the car - it's the "1995 Porsche 911 GT2"

Ok. I figured it might have been due to not officially being released. At least they let PG use it.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:07:25 PM(UTC)

Ok. I figured it might have been due to not officially being released. At least they let PG use it.

And we are grateful "The Dentist" allowed us access to his one of a kind legendary car :)
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:15:12 PM(UTC)
The Dentist: "Feel free to drive my rare car."
Turn 10: "Is it safe?"
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:01:26 PM(UTC)

And we are grateful "The Dentist" allowed us access to his one of a kind legendary car :)

I thought it would've been one of the two race cars it was based on. To be able to use the only real one is huge. From what I've read he was offered $2.5m for it and knocked it back. I don't blame him.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:05:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:05:30 PM(UTC)
Who is the dentist?

I only ask because I was involved in the purchase of a car from a private collector a few years ago, he was a dentist......curious if it may be him.
He was based in melbourne.
#46 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:58:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

Jonk, thank you so much for being proactive about this! A little developer feedback and communication with the fans says a lot about your company culture! :)

- Supra, R34 Skyline, M4 and the new Silvia all share the same sample. They have distinct sounds in the FM games as well as Horizon 2.
- GT350 note has changed drastically since FM6, and it does not sound like the same, deep and rumbly sound from FM6, even at high revs. There's virtually no off-throttle sound.
- Very little off-throttle sound on the R35 Skyline, 350Z and old school Acura NSX
- Modern-day Camaro Z/28 uses a generic "1000 Hp V8 engine swap sound" instead of the distinct and throaty sound from FM6.
- Alfa Romeo Competizione, SLS AMG, C63 Black Series all share the same sound sample
- The AMG GTS has a very loud and "airy" intake + turbo sound from the first person views - you can't hear the engine/exhaust very well.
- The Veneno, Aventador, Aventador SV and Centenario all have the exact same sound. I do understand they have very similar engines or in some cases, practically the same engine tuned up a bit, but they do have distinct exhaust sounds IRL - you can clearly tell a Veneno from an Aventador i.e.
- The Zonda R appears to reuse the Vulcan's sample. The former has a V12 sound that's quite different from the latter; it's coarse and shrill like the Vulcan, but the tone and character is distinct.

Oddly, every car that the drivatars or other players use sound exactly right (same sample form FM6) when they drive past you.

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a tall order, but we really appreciate you looking into this Jonk. I love you guys for supporting the franchise. Keep up the excellent work. :)

You really rock bro... This is exactly what i wanted to post... But Centenario sound is some what different when compared to Veneno or Aventador cuz it has higher RPM range in this game... & BTW all Lexus cars except LFA sounds same & even dull,Rolls royce engine sound is very low to inexistent... 70 % of the cars missing engine cracks & pops.... Sadly the sound is the only thing that bothers me,having many cars is great & i accept but if too many cars share same sound then its pure BS... I really wanted many users like this user to focus on fixing car engine sounds... what is this T10/PG? very bad..

Edited by user Friday, May 19, 2017 4:08:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Drivatars Dont Stop Untill They Get A Hit From Rolls-Royce Wraith....
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:49:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HyperAce59229 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

You really rock bro... This is exactly what i wanted to post... But Centenario sound is some what different when compared to Veneno or Aventador cuz it has higher RPM range in this game... & BTW all Lexus cars except LFA sounds same & even dull,Rolls royce engine sound is very low to inexistent... 70 % of the cars missing engine cracks & pops.... Sadly the sound is the only thing that bothers me,having many cars is great & i accept but if too many cars share same sound then its pure BS... I really wanted many users like this user to focus on fixing car engine sounds... what is this T10/PG? very bad..

Hey man, I'm just trying to get it out there, ya know? I love the franchise and I've stuck with it for so long purely for the track driving experience - the physics and sound. Horizon brought that wonderful experience to the open road, though physics were made less nuanced, unfortunately. But its the distinct audio character of each car that gives you such a great sense of ownership as you try out different cars.

The Centenario has a higher rev limiter yes, but the exhaust note exhibits a subtle difference compared to the Aventador and Aventador S. There's even a subtle distinction between the two Aventadors and the Veneno has a unique tone and character as well. I think what the developer probably though is people wouldn't notice or just accept the game in its current state - not every fan of the franchise is a high school going teen. There are 30+ and even 40 and 50+ year olds who are pure car lovers, and play the game purely for the way Forza has represented cars throughout its course.

To give you another example, the FM6 exhaust note on the Aventador was nearl;y perfect. In H3, the exhaust sound is more pronounced but the engine whirring can't be heard properly.. also the exhaust crackles from F6 are gone. As you mentioned a handful of car just lost their raw and dirty exhaust sound that was prevalent in FM6, for instance, the Huracan and new R8. Interesting to note: both these cars share the same engine but they sound distinct coming out of different exhaust systems. It's a very subtle difference but it's there in FM6. Ironically, they improved the SLS AMG note in H3 so much that it almost makes me not want to drive the F6 version, lol! Now why can't they give this kind of treatment to EVERY car in the game? I really don't care about how many cars are in the game, as long as each car has a unique sound that is truly representative of the actual version.

The importance of sound in a car game cannot be stressed enough - which is why I was initially taken aback as I know the PG and T10 guys to have a keen eye and ear for detail when it comes to recreating car sound. They've set remarkable benchmarks with past games, so I do not understand why sound was taken lightly in H3. However, I'm pinning this on PG only as it is their game and they do sounds a bit differently than T10 - some cars in fact, sounded noticeably better in Horizon 2 than FM5, although at a lowered volume with less "oomph".

I do have my hopes up, however, since Jonk has acknowledged some of the issues. I'd be sorely disappointed though (like many others), if the sound issues from day one again go unnoticed in the next CU. Kills my motivation to continue playing the game, and the moment I go back to FM6.. instant gratification! I wish the PG team would listen to their own game (Horizon 2) and play extensively through both FM5 and 6 to resolve ALL car sound issues in the game. We've patiently waited for a while now, and I feel a major car sound fix supernova is in order.

Here's hoping mate.

Edited by user Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:53:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:05:10 AM(UTC)
Wonderful to see audio focus. It's one of the two imperative features of a racing game for me. The other being driving feel.

I hope you guys can consider bringing in race transmission sound. That straight cut sound is amazing and just belongs into high performance drivelines.
Adding or fixing those induction sounds for some cars missing them would also be a neat thing.

Just don't ever worry that putting emphasis on audio is a waste :)
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 8:07:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post
Wonderful to see audio focus. It's one of the two imperative features of a racing game for me. The other being driving feel.

I hope you guys can consider bringing in race transmission sound. That straight cut sound is amazing and just belongs into high performance drivelines.
Adding or fixing those induction sounds for some cars missing them would also be a neat thing.

Just don't ever worry that putting emphasis on audio is a waste :)

Audio is absolutely king when it comes to driving games. It is important, in fact, in every game as it sets the tone and character of the game, but particularly racing/driving = very important! It's what connects you to the car apart from physics.

I also look forward to seeing the induction sounds being fixed = many cars have a very "airy" and vacuum-like sound from the cockpit view. You hear a lot of air rushing into the engine, but the engine "wrrrr" can't be heard properly. Example: the AMG GTS or Supra/M4.

I do not know why the race trans whine sound didn't cross over from FM4 - a race trans upgrade on a road car gave it that wonderful straight-cut whine which is the case IRL. They also cut out another feature where cockpit sounds would become more pronounced after you apply weight reduction. As much as I love the Forza games, I just don't understand the need to cut out great stuff from previous games - such as the change in sound character in FM2 after applying exhaust/cam upgrades or the wind/road noise picking up and partially drowning out the engine sound in FM4. Brilliant, subtle touches really.

Edited by user Friday, May 26, 2017 8:08:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 11:05:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HyperAce59229 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Amazing to hear.

Hey man, I'm just trying to get it out there, ya know? I love the franchise and I've stuck with it for so long purely for the track driving experience - the physics and sound. Horizon brought that wonderful experience to the open road, though physics were made less nuanced, unfortunately. But its the distinct audio character of each car that gives you such a great sense of ownership as you try out different cars.

The Centenario has a higher rev limiter yes, but the exhaust note exhibits a subtle difference compared to the Aventador and Aventador S. There's even a subtle distinction between the two Aventadors and the Veneno has a unique tone and character as well. I think what the developer probably though is people wouldn't notice or just accept the game in its current state - not every fan of the franchise is a high school going teen. There are 30+ and even 40 and 50+ year olds who are pure car lovers, and play the game purely for the way Forza has represented cars throughout its course.

To give you another example, the FM6 exhaust note on the Aventador was nearl;y perfect. In H3, the exhaust sound is more pronounced but the engine whirring can't be heard properly.. also the exhaust crackles from F6 are gone. As you mentioned a handful of car just lost their raw and dirty exhaust sound that was prevalent in FM6, for instance, the Huracan and new R8. Interesting to note: both these cars share the same engine but they sound distinct coming out of different exhaust systems. It's a very subtle difference but it's there in FM6. Ironically, they improved the SLS AMG note in H3 so much that it almost makes me not want to drive the F6 version, lol! Now why can't they give this kind of treatment to EVERY car in the game? I really don't care about how many cars are in the game, as long as each car has a unique sound that is truly representative of the actual version.

The importance of sound in a car game cannot be stressed enough - which is why I was initially taken aback as I know the PG and T10 guys to have a keen eye and ear for detail when it comes to recreating car sound. They've set remarkable benchmarks with past games, so I do not understand why sound was taken lightly in H3. However, I'm pinning this on PG only as it is their game and they do sounds a bit differently than T10 - some cars in fact, sounded noticeably better in Horizon 2 than FM5, although at a lowered volume with less "oomph".

I do have my hopes up, however, since Jonk has acknowledged some of the issues. I'd be sorely disappointed though (like many others), if the sound issues from day one again go unnoticed in the next CU. Kills my motivation to continue playing the game, and the moment I go back to FM6.. instant gratification! I wish the PG team would listen to their own game (Horizon 2) and play extensively through both FM5 and 6 to resolve ALL car sound issues in the game. We've patiently waited for a while now, and I feel a major car sound fix supernova is in order.

Here's hoping mate.

Yep bro,i agree on you for a fact that we can actually distinguish b/w a Aventador & Veneno even though both of them has got the same engine cuz the exhaust note vastly differs. & as you said no racing game is better without some nice sounds. But we only need to pray for that to happen. Lets see how it goes,since till now there was never a fix regarding the car sound in this game on PC. :)

Edited by user Sunday, May 28, 2017 11:09:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Drivatars Dont Stop Untill They Get A Hit From Rolls-Royce Wraith....
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error