6 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:12:20 PM(UTC)
Congratulations forza on the biggest screw up in your history , the charger which is powered by a STRAIGHT 6 HEMI

SOUNDS LIKE A V8 IN GAME!! WHY! You go to all the effort to put an awesome Aussie classic like this in the game , which I love but you screw up the very thing that made the charger so damn cool .. shame
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:22:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TonyLS1 Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations forza on the biggest screw up in your history , the charger which is powered by a STRAIGHT 6 HEMI

SOUNDS LIKE A V8 IN GAME!! WHY! You go to all the effort to put an awesome Aussie classic like this in the game , which I love but you screw up the very thing that made the charger so damn cool .. shame

It sounds pretty meaty in real life. I will check in game when i get home.

In real life it certainly does not sound like the common in line 6 sound in the game.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:31:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
I'm confused. Not sure what Charger you're talking about but as far as I know the Charger in the game is the 426 Hemi. Also available for that car was a 383, a 440 with and without the 6 pack. I may be forgetting an engine or 2, but a Charger is a muscle car, in the game it's the 416 Hemi.

Ok. So I hadn't seen the new Valiant Charger. THAT car is an Australian car that was offered with a 4.3 inline 6. Don't know if it was a Hemi, but I was incorrect earlier. My apologies. I haven't driven it in the game but it does show the 4.3 engine in it.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:02:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:56:56 PM(UTC)
They have a very unique sound with the tripple webers in real life. They make a howling carby noise that overpowers the enginge sound. A 300hp six with 3 DCOE Webers, higher compression, big cam and headers sounds nothing like the regular 6 cyl hemi.

When I first drove the lola ingame I thought , wow this sounds like my old r/t charger....if it sounds like that lola it is pretty spot on regardless of cylinders...

Being an aussie i will have to wait for another 5 hours to download everything due to yesterdays internet technology, i hope your wrong - the E49 is the reason im doing the expansion. ... well that and the 32 :)

They are aware it is a six cylinder, the release notes say it is powered by a SLANT 6.........LMAO

It just sucks I have to pay $10 per Gb over my cap to download it.....
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:00:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
I'm confused. Not sure what Charger you're talking about but as far as I know the Charger in the game is the 426 Hemi. Also available for that car was a 383, a 440 with and without the 6 pack. I may be forgetting an engine or 2, but a Charger is a muscle car, in the game it's the 416 Hemi.

The Charger from the Hot Wheels expansion.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:22:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:00:48 PM(UTC)

We're talking about the Chrysler Valiant Charger R/T E49. It's an Australian made Charger and has a 265 Hemi. In game it sounds like a generic V8 muscle car instead of having the unique growl of the 6 pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqkkksavP4

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:05:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:01:17 PM(UTC)

The thread is discussing the Australian E49 Charger in the hotwheels pack.
E49 is powered by a 265 Hemi 6 cyl.

If not for the supercar scare in the 70`s it would have stepped up to a 340 six pak, unfortunately it never happened.
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 4:03:44 PM(UTC)
Yeah, sorry. I hadn't had the chance to play much on the new stuff, didn't see the new cars yet. Been a long day.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:05:08 PM(UTC)
go to about the 2.55 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqkkksavP4

Edit: oops did not see this exact video linked a few posts up lol

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:08:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 18 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:42:47 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.

#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:06:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

You're right that we got the wrong engine sound wired up to the E49 (rumbling V8 instead of the spitting 4 liter 6-pack Hemi it's supposed to have), bit of a database foul up that we noticed too late to fix before release, but our intent is to address this in a future update.

Awesome. Some people might think we're overreacting to this but the E49 is an iconic Australian car and that sound is as much a part of it as the performance is.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:55:50 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

The AMC Pacer has the same problem.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:09:16 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Thanks for the update.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:25:16 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for answering. As mentioned, it might seem like an overreaction, but as car guys, little details like these are very important. The Valiant Charger is known for its L6 Hemi. If I may add, there are a few other vehicles that have the same issue. The Nissan Titan has a six cylinder sound, when it has a Cummins V8. The Hummer suffers from this as well, sharing the same L6 diesel sound with the Titan. Another truck would be the 2017 Ford Raptor which sounds like a V8, instead of a V6. The last would be the 2012 Jeep Wrangler, which has been given a V8 sound when it has a Pentastar V6.

This game is now better than ever, I must say. Super smooth performance on PC. Keep up the amazing job!!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:26:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:14:20 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Hi Jonk, thanks for acknowledging this. Could you guys also look into the other car sound issues such as the Charger Hellcat having no supercharger whine and the R34, Silvia Spec R, Supra and M4 sharing the same sound sample? All these cars had unique sounds in FM6 which are in fact, quite close to the actual cars.

Furthermore, if you take a listen, you'll observe that all of the above cars sound perfectly fine when a drivatar or other player's car passes you by, yet when you actually drive them, the sample is the wrong one. This is also the case with the Centenario, Aventador, Aventador SV and Veneno - they all have those unique sounds (from FM6) with the drivatars/other players, yet when you're driving them, they all share the exact same sample.

The GT350 has practically no off-throttle sound at all and the exhaust rumble on acceleration has been replaced by a very shrill and high-pitched V8 sound. The AMG GT-R uses the sound sample for the SLS AMG from FM6 whereas in real life, it has a deeper, more aggressive "rumbly" sound. Finally, the SLS AMG and Alfa Romeo Competizione share the same sound sample.

Please look into these as the said issues have been highlighted in multiple threads since last year. Thanks!
#16 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 9:55:20 PM(UTC)
Hi all, just wondering how the E49 could be modeled so beautifully, and yet sound like it has a small block chev? Why no inducion noise from the triple Webber's? Why no straight 6 wail? What happened here? Thoughts? A long awaited car ruined by the noise....
#17 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:20:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for answering. As mentioned, it might seem like an overreaction, but as car guys, little details like these are very important. The Valiant Charger is known for its L6 Hemi. If I may add, there are a few other vehicles that have the same issue. The Nissan Titan has a six cylinder sound, when it has a Cummins V8. The Hummer suffers from this as well, sharing the same L6 diesel sound with the Titan. Another truck would be the 2017 Ford Raptor which sounds like a V8, instead of a V6. The last would be the 2012 Jeep Wrangler, which has been given a V8 sound when it has a Pentastar V6.

This game is now better than ever, I must say. Super smooth performance on PC. Keep up the amazing job!!

The Raptor's sound is accurate. Ford designed the exhaust system to exaggerate the bass of the note. Listen closely, and it is clearly too gruff to be a V8.

I drive a Mustang. Your argument is invalid.
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 7:36:11 PM(UTC)
I'm really happy the car finally made it into the game. I have a charger and a few other australian valiants all with 265 HEMI's and yeah the sound is wrong. I didn't expect them to have a perfect recording of one, but I thought, well if they slap the e-type jag sound on it, it will atleast be sort of there. but a v8 sound is just. whaaaat. anyway as JONK1969 said it was just a little mistake, understandable with all the hotwheels stuff they had to work on. here's a clip of a valiant pacer with a 265 HEMI engine on the dyno. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnquHPCjgUA . the pacer was made before the charger and was the first to have the new hemi 6 cylinder engine. it replaced the slant 6 in australia in 1970.
#19 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 4:00:09 AM(UTC)
Great News guys the Valiant Charger is apparently getting a sound fix.
#20 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 4:12:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXtReMe sniP3R Go to Quoted Post
Great News guys the Valiant Charger is apparently getting a sound fix.

LOL, you're about 4 days too late on this one. Jonk stated that several posts up.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#21 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 8:40:26 PM(UTC)
Yeah, apparently he's a little late to the party. *chuckles*

Hope good ol' Jonk will look into the other car sound inconsistency issues as well. They're well documented all over the regular and support H3 forums.

Edited by user Monday, May 15, 2017 8:42:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 11:51:10 PM(UTC)
I bet they only fix the E49, but i hope they prove me wrong
Mysigpic
2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 12.7 @ 111.2
mid 8s w/ a "little time and money"
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:44:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdotjoseph Go to Quoted Post

Why do you care, or have you already left and come back?
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:02:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sdotjoseph Go to Quoted Post

Why do you care, or have you already left and come back?

I left and came back, since I had nothing else to play in the Racing\shooter\sports genres other than NBA 2K17, but once GTS drops, I'll be gone again. I'm glad to see that you care.

Also to note, I'm not 100% dissatisfied with FH3 as there is one thing that was done that i actually prefer over the motorsport series. In FM6, AWD cars had a tendancy to have no front grip and plow through turns. FH3s AWD cars handle much better.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:22:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mysigpic
2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 12.7 @ 111.2
mid 8s w/ a "little time and money"
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:00:09 PM(UTC)
There's a 407mb update so hopefully this is fixed.
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error