1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 10:30:15 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

not sure if this was adressed already, couldn't find anything in the forum but the 595 steering wheel doesn't spin in first person mode when turning.

The hands go around but the wheel itself is not moving.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:07:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:11:25 AM(UTC)
It was the most technologically advanced car of its time. They used sensors around the steering wheel. Wheel never turned but your hands moved around wheel.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:15:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JOSHUMA1 Go to Quoted Post
It was the most technologically advanced car of its time. They used sensors around the steering wheel. Wheel never turned but your hands moved around wheel.

This is my "weekend" car... Kept spotless and low miles. It's the weirdest car to drive when the steering wheel doesn't physically turn, but you get used to it.
I'm an ex-citizen of nowhere, and sometimes I get mighty homesick...
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 4:21:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JOSHUMA1 Go to Quoted Post

I bet this goes hand in hand with the 'floating-festival-car' technology, which allows us to take a sneak peek on futuristic flying cars. :)
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 7:17:41 PM(UTC)
It just amazing how many issues, car after car, are popping up lately. It's almost as if there is no QC on any of these at all or they are betting nobody would notice the "small details".
Sloppy.

Was the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 issues addressed yet?
https://forums.forzamoto...5059_997-GT3-RS-4-0.aspx
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#6 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:38:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
It just amazing how many issues, car after car, are popping up lately. It's almost as if there is no QC on any of these at all or they are betting nobody would notice the "small details".
Sloppy.

I agree, every Forzathon seems to have issues or bugs and the way that Porsche DLC pack was introduced.... ooh boy. :rolleyes: Maybe they should shift some more focus from the Forza RC towards QA (and marketing).
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:51:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Sloppy.

I agree, every Forzathon seems to have issues or bugs and the way that Porsche DLC pack was introduced.... ooh boy. :rolleyes: Maybe they should shift some more focus from the Forza RC towards QA (and marketing).

I can see me reading it now:

"First place winner gets the second expansion free along with the next car pack but he/she won't be able to use either until both DLCs are re-released with the most minute change possible and the Forzathon clocks are set to the correct time. If you have any issues or concerns, please contact Turn10 by email to only receive the generic "e-mail received confirmation" email back. Have a nice day and happy racing!"
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:36:15 AM(UTC)
Seems to bee fixed.

For me the actual steering wheel is turning on first person and in both 3red person views..

Edited by user Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:39:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:57:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Plaetschy Go to Quoted Post
Seems to bee fixed.

For me the actual steering wheel is turning on first person and in both 3red person views..

Are you on Xbox One or PC? Just got my 959 for a spin (Xbox here) and the wheel is still stuck in center position.
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:34:13 PM(UTC)
Sorry, forgot to mention. I am on Xbox one.

The car is not stock, may this be the difference? On this pic the car had every upgrade..

Edited by user Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:35:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:39:56 PM(UTC)
I figured it out! The steering wheel only works if you are using a female character. I did not tested every character, but if you select a male one, the steering wheel will not work.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:46:36 PM(UTC)
Yeah, it seems to be a real botchfest lately. Still have those stupid Preorder cars we can't use wasting space. Cars still float at festival locations. The 911 GT3 RS 4.0 still has screwed up tail lamps from FM6. The Gremlin caused some folks to lose their saved game file. Still little detail issues with multiple cars... I've given up hope that the SS badges will return on Chevrolets. Livery glitches, wheel paint glitches. 959 steering wheel currently has an issue. Not to mention countless more issues above and beyond. With XBOX team pushing the Scorpio and its 4K capabilities? They better bring some elements back in house instead of outsourcing to farm developers. The scrutiny won't get any better for them. Playground, T10? Y'all listening... No
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:28:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LegionBear2 Go to Quoted Post
I figured it out! The steering wheel only works if you are using a female character. I did not tested every character, but if you select a male one, the steering wheel will not work.

Uhhhh... what?!? It's too late now, I'll test this tomorrow... but if it's true, you can call me Cindy!!!
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:20:59 PM(UTC)

LOL, that is some high level discrimination :D

edit: I tried every character and can confirm that the steering wheel works only with female characters. Unfortunately this trick didn't work for GT3 RS 4.0 dashboard (I think it was worth to try since this game has all sorts of silly flaws.. so you never know).

Edited by user Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:44:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:43:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fantastic Clams Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, it seems to be a real botchfest lately. Still have those stupid Preorder cars we can't use wasting space. Cars still float at festival locations. The 911 GT3 RS 4.0 still has screwed up tail lamps from FM6. The Gremlin caused some folks to lose their saved game file. Still little detail issues with multiple cars... I've given up hope that the SS badges will return on Chevrolets. Livery glitches, wheel paint glitches. 959 steering wheel currently has an issue. Not to mention countless more issues above and beyond. With XBOX team pushing the Scorpio and its 4K capabilities? They better bring some elements back in house instead of outsourcing to farm developers. The scrutiny won't get any better for them. Playground, T10? Y'all listening... No

Not sure how many times the SS badges gets brought up
Its a licensing issue set by Chevrolet

The rest are issues though

Edited by user Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:09:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 12/29/2044 10:18:18 AM(UTC)
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:43:03 AM(UTC)

That was some seriously good detective work btw, glad I saw this, I was going to record a game clip showing it working. Recently changed to a female character for my 6 year old niece

Complain about everything...Appreciate Nothing...Blame Everyone Else...
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:11:18 PM(UTC)
The dash on the GT3 RS 4.0 was corrected. The 959 wheel issue is not.
 8 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 10:21:29 AM(UTC)
The 959 steering wheel not animating with a Male driver character selected will be fixed in a future update.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:29:08 AM(UTC)
Is fixed now, thanks!

Notification

Icon
Error