This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
94 Pages<<929394Prev
 5 users liked this post.
#2326 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:32:18 PM(UTC)
Hey everyone,

I wanted to pop in and let you know what we're doing with some fixes to the Rewards system.

We _are_ working on an update to rewards to fix the problems with missing credits. As has been pointed out by astute players before, the system that keeps track of leveling and raw scores has too many moving parts and it has gotten into a bad state. I'm working on changes to collapse two of those parts together which will fix the problems where we're sending out credits for a lower tier than we should and will keep the two systems in sync at all times. I want to get this update out soon, but can't promise an exact date at the moment.

For those with issues seeing stats not updating, we continue to update the systems that monitor these games and the flow of data. Your reports often help us catch things we are clearly missing and we do update the system from time to time.

For those expecting badges to update in FM7 when you tier up, they will not. The badges are set on first logon to the game.

-wp
#2327 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 12:13:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WatchingPolecat Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to pop in and let you know what we're doing with some fixes to the Rewards system.

We _are_ working on an update to rewards to fix the problems with missing credits. As has been pointed out by astute players before, the system that keeps track of leveling and raw scores has too many moving parts and it has gotten into a bad state. I'm working on changes to collapse two of those parts together which will fix the problems where we're sending out credits for a lower tier than we should and will keep the two systems in sync at all times. I want to get this update out soon, but can't promise an exact date at the moment.

For those with issues seeing stats not updating, we continue to update the systems that monitor these games and the flow of data. Your reports often help us catch things we are clearly missing and we do update the system from time to time.

For those expecting badges to update in FM7 when you tier up, they will not. The badges are set on first logon to the game.

-wp

Thanks for working on this, Polecat.

Does this also mean you guys can do a full accounting of past credits that haven't been rewarded when they should have been? So can we expect to receive a nice lump sum for those missing credits at some point once the rewards system is repaired?
 1 user liked this post.
#2328 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:01:18 AM(UTC)
Yes! I am really hoping to finally see a fix to the FM4 car counts.

I think asking for back credit calculation is a bit extreme... and I doubt they have enough data to reconstruct it what was missed. Regardless, I would far rather they put the time into making the rewards system itself work better, than worry about missed credits. As long as they get us the points we should have I would be more than satisfied!
#2329 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 4:06:17 PM(UTC)
Forza Hub updates on Forza Horizon 1 are a bit odd at the moment. The online services were down for much of December but were brought back up on the 4th/5th Jan. After a few more days playing most stats started to update but not all and not all correctly.

Cars Owned for me hasn't moved at all. It was on 11 cars before December and still shows 11 cars. In game now over 50 - some bought, some unlocked from races, some unlocked from racing online. Tried buying atleast one more each day, do a race, don't do a race, save, quit, reload etc. Stat not budging while others have been increasing each day. Just this one stat seems stuck.

Miles Driven - seemed to totally ignore all mileage driven whilst the servers were down. didn't update from in-game stats, but atleast this figure is now going up as a I drive more - not a big deal there to drive another 1000 miles.

1000 club challenge, days played, perfect passes and Gamerscore all seem to be updated fine each day. DLC and tokens default to max anyway.
#2330 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:35:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Poddie Go to Quoted Post
I think asking for back credit calculation is a bit extreme... and I doubt they have enough data to reconstruct it what was missed. Regardless, I would far rather they put the time into making the rewards system itself work better, than worry about missed credits. As long as they get us the points we should have I would be more than satisfied!

I don't understand how that could possibly be considered "extreme"? And how do you know what they can or cannot do, or how much data they have? Either they can do it or they cannot. Shouldn't we let them decide which it will be?

Edited by user Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2331 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:55:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WatchingPolecat Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone,

-wp

Thanks for the info! Don't know if you've done the update yet or not but I've just got the extra 75,000 reward credits through after levelling up back in November.
#2332 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 3:48:00 AM(UTC)
How many times is it possible to redeem the cars that are presented
Score increases and starts a new career progress?
#2333 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 3:31:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scarab prime Go to Quoted Post

I don't understand how that could possibly be considered "extreme"? And how do you know what they can or cannot do, or how much data they have? Either they can do it or they cannot. Shouldn't we let them decide which it will be?

I don't know. Hence why I said "I doubt they have enough" instead of "they don't have enough".

As a computer programmer, I do know this is a semi-complicated thing to calculate that will require some testing and will take a fair amount of time to accomplish for a one time use. My point is simply that I would rather they spend the time making the whole system better and more reliable than trying to get us some back credits that are fairly quickly replaced anyway.

If I were them, the absolute most effort I would spend on that would be to just decide on a bonus amount that everyone will get and send it out. For example, everyone gets an extra 1 million credits per game. These developers have much more important tasks to accomplish with the rewards system.
#2334 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:31:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scarab prime Go to Quoted Post

I don't know. Hence why I said "I doubt they have enough" instead of "they don't have enough".

As a computer programmer, I do know this is a semi-complicated thing to calculate that will require some testing and will take a fair amount of time to accomplish for a one time use. My point is simply that I would rather they spend the time making the whole system better and more reliable than trying to get us some back credits that are fairly quickly replaced anyway.

If I were them, the absolute most effort I would spend on that would be to just decide on a bonus amount that everyone will get and send it out. For example, everyone gets an extra 1 million credits per game. These developers have much more important tasks to accomplish with the rewards system.

The programmers are not going to calculate how much you should have got and give it to you. This is way outside of the scope they will be given. their entire scope and by "their" I probably mean 1 guy with an excel spread sheet with a macro that updates from multiple different sources.

They have surprised me before and made it so inachievable reward points are just rewarded automatically but then again when they did that they also broke the actual point counter so...

#2335 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:33:19 AM(UTC)
cars owned forza 4 not updating...
#2336 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:47:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtq838 Go to Quoted Post
The programmers are not going to calculate how much you should have got and give it to you. This is way outside of the scope they will be given. their entire scope and by "their" I probably mean 1 guy with an excel spread sheet with a macro that updates from multiple different sources.

They have surprised me before and made it so inachievable reward points are just rewarded automatically but then again when they did that they also broke the actual point counter so...

Exactly.
#2337 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:52:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: simmer67 Go to Quoted Post
Turn 10
I am on tier 7 but only getting credits for tier 6, I also have not gotten my tier 7 badge.
How long must I continue to complain about this, (since the beginning of FM7,
PLEASE fix this Problem!
Gamertag: simmer67.

still nothing turn 10 ?

Turn 10, still nothing?

Turn 10<still no tier7 badge and still not the correct credit amount

come on turn 10, still not the correct credits or tier 7 badge?

Turn 10<still no tier7 badge and still not the correct credit amount

mmm turn 10 has left the building, still not the correct credits or tier 7 badge.

No surprizes here, still not the correct reward credits.
#2338 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
Hi can someone tell me for FM5 rewards when you unlock a new badge and title does it count as 2 for the rewards counter because you have unlocked 1 new badge and 1 new title or does it just count as 1 because it is a "set" of 1 badge and title?
TIA
94 Pages<<929394Prev

Notification

Icon
Error