This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 6:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post
I agree with zee it was highly unlickley that all 108 would be able to attend, this could have been sorted easily with an online event and saved money in the long run. So now we have situation where 1000s has already been spent on accommodation and tickets that won't be used.

Regarding inclusivness the point above highlights how exclusive this event is. Unless you have lots of money and spare time u are not going to be able to take part succesfully. Comparing this to real motorsport is defunct just like when ppl try to compare other aspects of the game to real world it simply dosnt work and there is no comparison. Try comparing it to other esports events and that's where season 3 falls down. Just comparing season 3 to season 1 and 2 shows you that less ppl are taking part, less ppl feel they have a chance and less ppl have a meaningful compitition to fight for. Yes I accept that more of the very best will be at an offline event o accept more money had been spent and as I said before this is a 1 in a lifetime experince for some. But never the less they have failed to include as many ppl from previous seasons and have atempted to increase the skill level but all they have done is reduce the field by making it more exclusive.

First of all, the ESL Grand Finals had 12 drivers in Season 1, with only those drivers receiving prizes for their efforts. For Season 2, 32 drivers made the Saturday Elite Cup, Top 16 received $100; Season 2 Consolation Cup had 128 drivers involved, with with Top 16 getting $50 each. So, that's a max of 32 people per week receiving prizes. Grand Finalists (all of which already received at least $100 for making a Showdown) also received additional cash prizes.

Season 3 requires a lot more practice, but only if you're doing the Racing Path. The Rivals path actually requires less time than the previous format.

Season 3 is going include at a minimum 36 drivers with trips each worth >$1500, probably closer to 50 with people making the trek from England or elsewhere in Continental Europe (or further if you've got the $$$). Not only that, but those who attend will be fighting for a share of $100k, and if there's less than 72 racers (I believe the actual number will be about 50), everyone gets a cash prize in addition to attending the 24 Hours of Le Mans. That's a LOT more drivers involved with a lot more prizes guaranteed for each person. So, please explain how that's more exclusive?

#127 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 3:07:02 PM(UTC)
call me DULL... but could some1 please inform f1rst of where i can find that 2003 porshe of which u need to to compete in week 4our of the recreation series championship & secondly please xplain to me how this wrks... ie. i know something of races on sundays & the cross city spring for that hungry porsche but how & when & where the heck do i find that porsche?!?!

-maiicomusic
#128 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 6:05:52 AM(UTC)
I think you have explained it very well diablo

32 players per week as appose to 50 over 4 weeks.

Tbh its not the numbers that's the issue. They have increased the skill threshold to try and make the event more competitive but split it regionally resulting in ppl way down on the lb qualifiying. Maybe that's what they mean by inclusive but to me inclusive means everyone has the same chance and something to play for while maintaining a high standard. Putting aside my personal views on the racing line among other things the actual format is not to far off. But inviting ppl to an offline event that can't make it and allowing ppl to qualify who are way off pace is just stupid and only harms the reputation of the event. Would of been far better to hold an online event as before to get down to the final 32. While everyone else battles it out in a consolation the very best go to Le Mans, that includes more ppl, that allows ppl to take part for a reason and not just cannon fodder.

I'm not 1 of those ppl that thinks everyone should get a prize I'm fully aware there are only a handful of ppl that truly deserve to make it all the way. How they get there is important and what happens with everyone else is equally important. I amoung others thought there was far more to play for in the consolation cup than in season 3. A real chance of a cash prize for those outside the top 50. Not a trip that realistically not many ppl will be able to accommodate within there schedule. Giving ppl a reason to compete is how you hold an inclusive event and get the whole community involved. Dangling a carrot on a stick that gets longer and longer with each day is simply bad form from the orginsers.

I ask this simple question to all those who can't go for what ever reason and to those who just missed out. What would you spend the money on 108 tickets to Le Mans that only 50 will lickly use or invite 32 to Le Mans and spend the rest of the cash on 32 to 108? Seems like a no brainer to me
#129 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 7:12:32 AM(UTC)
Week 4 finals races on May 28:

12pm BST / 4am Pacific - EMEA Semi-final races begin
3pm BST / 7am Pacific - EMEA Finals livestream begins
6pm BST / 10am Pacific - NA Semi-final races begin
9pm BST / 1pm Pacific - NA Finals livestream begins

Tune in to www.mixer.pro/Forzamotorsport for live streaming of each region's finals.

Semi-Final 1 = 1998 #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1-98 on Sebring Full (8 Laps)
Semi-Final 2 = #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid on Nürburgring GP (9 Laps)
Finals race 1 = Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo on Spa Francorchamps Circuit Day (7 Laps)
Finals race 2 = 911 Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 (997) on Lime Rock (West Chicane) (15 Laps)
Finals race 3 = 2003 Porsche Carrera GT on Bernese Alps Club Circuit (9 Laps)

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/timesDates

Check out the new official site www.forzaracingchampionship.com with news articles, video recaps, photo gallery, leaderboards, and schedule graphics.
#130 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:38:38 AM(UTC)
Week 4 Race Report by Alie Tacq

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/frc_5_30_17
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik2bcYbeQOQ - European Final
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5wlQ5P86c - North American Final

Quote:
To see the full leaderboards for the qualification stages of the Forza Racing Championship Season 3: The Porsche Cup, head on over to ForzaRC.Gfinity.net in the next few days. And to keep up with all the tournament news, player interviews and Grand Final previews follow @ForzaRC or check out www.ForzaRacingChampionship.com

1 user liked this post.
#131 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 12:50:22 PM(UTC)
From the June 2 Week in Review:

Quote:
While we are still working with qualifying finalists to arrange travel to and from Le Mans, I wanted to take a moment to congratulate all of the qualifiers for the Season 3 finale. All the drivers in the Elite Series have been working hard during the month of May – whether in the Race Path or via Rivals – so let’s take a moment to recognize them:

(I've rolled over the Rivals column to help the image fit in the forums).

Edited by user Friday, June 2, 2017 12:50:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#132 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 5:53:56 AM(UTC)
Sure is a bunch of good & fast racers - congrats and good luck to all. I'll see you there [as a spectator].

Edited by user Monday, June 5, 2017 5:54:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#133 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:23:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The Road to Le Mans with Attax Johnson and CAR Harmonic
An interview about their preparations for the Porsche Cup final.
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/frc_6_9_17_interview

Gfinity has provided a video update for drivers headed to Le Mans with info about arrival and the location on site, along with the official car and track list:
https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/873214406968172544
https://www.gfinity.net/.../forzarc-driver-updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrk2s3QqtK8

#134 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:45:19 PM(UTC)
#ForzaRC Road to Le Mans June 11
Quote:
Tune in to our daily #ForzaRC Road to Le Mans live stream on @WatchMixer tonight at 10pm CEST/ 1pm PST mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/873992876966989825
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error