266 Pages<<108109110111112>>PrevNext
#2726 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 7:38:40 AM(UTC)
Another relatively painless Forzathon... only made slightly painful by using a controller rather than the Wheel and pedals...

Custom 1 Lap BP race in Nissan GTR Black Edition HE (only that car allowed for Drivatars) around Coober Pedy Scramble for 3 Wheelspins 35Kx2 50Kx2 and Jag E-type S1 Sold back for 75K

Honda S800 drifting along Highway while using a Skill Perk for the Skill Song 25K Cr and 25K XP at the same time

Nissan GTR Black Edition HE at timber mill for the Barrel Rolls to get the HE Car...

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 7:39:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

2 users liked this post.
#2727 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 7:42:49 AM(UTC)
Reminder tips to ensure Achievements and gifts are unlocked:

1) Go to your Settings menu for HUD and make sure Notifications are turned On.
2) If you are playing on PC, make sure you have not disabled Connected User Experiences and Telemetry setting.
3) Reboot now - hold the power button on your console until it shuts off. Also reboot any Win10 computers connected to the same router.
4) Use the dashboard Achievement tracker to see if you are progressing through # requirements, or use a Bucket List with skills requirement.
5) Reboot again if you see an Achievement but no gift.
6) Make sure you are reading the requirements correctly, and ask the community for tips on proper execution:

Originally Posted by: LosMuheros Go to Quoted Post
I made a little video montage to showcase some potential spots for barrel rolls:

#Forzathon - Sushi Roll (Youtube)

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#2728 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:03:32 AM(UTC)
I spent an hour and a half performing over 30 barrel rolls in the '94 Nissan Silvia K's as soon as the Forzathon went live. Not one of them was counted. Won a bounty race in it as well and that didn't count either. Good to know there's a way to track the progress; would've saved me a lot of wasted time. "Perform 15 barrel rolls in a Nissan" really should mean ALL the Nissans.
#2729 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:16:15 AM(UTC)
had some issue with the Barrel Rolls, tried a few different Nissans and the only one that would register them for me was the GT-R Black HE. Did it up at the Construction yard in about 5 minutes (Once I got the right car that is). others were simple & easy.
 2 users liked this post.
#2730 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:24:46 AM(UTC)
So after trying for 20 minutes to get the barrel rolls challenge in the Kenmeri Skyline, I switched to the 240Z and got it done in 5 minutes.

Wish they'd test the challenges properly, or at least tell us which cars aren't going to be eligible for the challenges.
#2731 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:28:15 AM(UTC)
Won a Race in Lexus LFA...but that doens't count because the Game says its NOT Japanese, but North American?? Sorry developers but Lexus is a Japanese Brand and the LFA was built in Japan as well. pls do your History and correct this ingame.
#2732 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:40:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zebri1985 Go to Quoted Post
Won a Race in Lexus LFA...but that doens't count because the Game says its NOT Japanese, but North American?? Sorry developers but Lexus is a Japanese Brand and the LFA was built in Japan as well. pls do your History and correct this ingame.

Actually I would like to try using an INFINITI car after I rolled again and again in a NISSAN Silvia getting nothing.
#2733 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 9:09:19 AM(UTC)
got the drift skills pretty easily in the stock s800

head to head win in the s800 didn't pop the win a race in a Japanese car

turned the radio back on to timeless and he played a skill song right off, just drifted etc with the s800 for that, pretty easy

did a cult classics blueprint race and won that with the s800

wheelspins: 50,000|15,000|30,000

now to try the barrel rolls...
#2734 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 9:40:32 AM(UTC)
Confirmed no progress gained for new nissan nismo dlc car. Over 20 barrel rolls completed and skill chains banked with o% sushi roll progress. That sucks cause the car is classified under nissan. Will try another car.
FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
#2735 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 9:53:46 AM(UTC)
R33 works for the barrel rolls.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 12/29/2044 10:18:18 AM(UTC)
#2736 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 11:37:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
So after trying for 20 minutes to get the barrel rolls challenge in the Kenmeri Skyline, I switched to the 240Z and got it done in 5 minutes.

Wish they'd test the challenges properly, or at least tell us which cars aren't going to be eligible for the challenges.

Probably best to avoid using DLC cars for challenges.

Complain about everything...Appreciate Nothing...Blame Everyone Else...
 1 user liked this post.
#2737 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 11:46:26 AM(UTC)
Of the Nissan list, are there any consistently not working?

2017 Nissan GT-R
2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept (Blizzard Mountain DLC)
2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (All Stars DLC) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (R35) Horizon Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (R35)
2010 Nissan 370Z
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z (350Z Z33)
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34)
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15)
1998 Nissan R390
1998 Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14 Kouki) (Alpinestars DLC) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM (Duracell DLC)
1994 Nissan Silvia K's (S14 Zenki) (content update) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R32)
1993 Nissan 240SX SE - WON'T WORK PER WIR
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's (S13)
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) (RockstarDLC) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R (content update) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
1966 Nissan Silvia

Per the game categorization, these manufacturers are in the North America region and won't count as Japanese:
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2015 Lexus RC F
2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
2010 Lexus LFA
2009 Lexus IS F
1997 Lexus SC300

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 12:10:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2738 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 11:53:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R (content update)

Does not work for the barrel roll challenge.
 2 users liked this post.
#2739 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:07:46 PM(UTC)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_3_24_17
Quote:
NOTE: Due to some backend strangeness, we have confirmed that a number of Nissan models do not correctly register the barrel roll attempts for the “Sushi Roll” event. With that in mind, please avoid the following Nissan models when trying to complete that event:

1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM
1998 Nissan 240SX LE
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
1994 Nissan Silvia K’s
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R
1998 Nissan Silvia Ks

In the “Wasabi Shrimp” event, you’ll need to hit 15 Drift Skills in either the Honda S800 or the Toyota Corolla SR5; the former is a DLC car from the Playseat Car Pack, the latter is an on-disc car that everyone has access to.
#2740 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:11:13 PM(UTC)

2) If you are playing on PC, make sure you have not disabled Connected User Experiences and Telemetry setting.
3) Reboot now - hold the power button on your console until it shuts off. Also reboot any Win10 computers connected to the same router.
4) Use the dashboard Achievement tracker to see if you are progressing through # requirements, or use a Bucket List with skills requirement.
6) Make sure you are reading the requirements correctly, and ask the community for tips on proper execution:

I made a little video montage to showcase some potential spots for barrel rolls:

Thanks for the tips Max. What if the achievement progress shows 100% but is still locked. The cherry blossom achievement is like that for me. I have tried a few cars, the steps above and it wont unlock. I am wondering if its because I completed it in the Nismo while trying for the barrel rolls. That car didn't show any progress towards the barrel rolls but, I went from 0 to 100% for cherry blossom.

Any other suggestions?
 2 users liked this post.
#2741 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:19:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crucian4 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the tips Max. What if the achievement progress shows 100% but is still locked. The cherry blossom achievement is like that for me. I have tried a few cars, the steps above and it wont unlock. I am wondering if its because I completed it in the Nismo while trying for the barrel rolls. That car didn't show any progress towards the barrel rolls but, I went from 0 to 100% for cherry blossom.

Any other suggestions?

When Challenges show 'Complete' but no reward you can try (in order of least impact to most):

1) Waiting... it may be a service delay
2) Try completing another event to trigger the event send/receipt
3) Terminate and Restart the game
4) Restart the Console
#2742 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:29:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JU1CE Cannon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Crucian4 Go to Quoted Post

Any other suggestions?

When Challenges show 'Complete' but no reward you can try (in order of least impact to most):

4) Restart the Console

Thx. I did 3 and 4 previously. Ill shut it down and check tomorrow.

#2743 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:32:45 PM(UTC)

2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (All Stars DLC) - WON'T WORK PER WIR
I got the sushi roll achievement with this car

#2744 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 1:24:33 PM(UTC)
Sushi Roll challenge was fun once you find a Nissan that is actually elegible. Seems there are a fair few that don't work. Nice to have a bit of a tricky forzathon event for a change. Have every HE car barring the Dart now. Chuffed!
 1 user liked this post.
#2745 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 1:34:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VincentDeseers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TwinMagician589 Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would test this stuff properly....always something broken.

In the case of the Sushi Roll challenge, it is not broken as you can and you did manage to complete it.

Ever consider that there might just be a reason for why some cars can't be used for certain challenges? Like maybe they want people to use cars that are less used in the game, or maybe they chose those cars to leave out as it would give people an unfair advantage?

This is just my perspective as a gamer.

I would say it is broken and i found a way to fix it.

I did consider maybe only some nissans but they said a nissan, not some nissans.

And yeah i guessed your a gamer since your in a game forum and playing a game.

They should still test their product before releasing it.
This is my perspective as a customer.

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 1:38:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
 1 user liked this post.
#2746 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 1:35:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumerableToast Go to Quoted Post
Sushi Roll challenge was fun once you find a Nissan that is actually elegible. Seems there are a fair few that don't work. Nice to have a bit of a tricky forzathon event for a change. Have every HE car barring the Dart and New MINI now. Chuffed!

Fify

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#2747 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 1:45:59 PM(UTC)

Need to highlight these
Wish people would read here first too before complaining
 1 user liked this post.
#2748 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 2:20:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Need to highlight these
Wish people would read here first too before complaining

#Forzathon Sushi Roll
Perform 15 Barrel Roll Skills in a Nissan to win the Nissan Silvia HE

It should read perform 15 barrel roll skills in an unknown nissan (you work it out by trial and error). then point 6 would be relevant.
That would be the major complaint this time round - again they did not test it properly and left us to pick up the pieces.

Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
 1 user liked this post.
#2749 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 2:24:00 PM(UTC)
Reminders

#Forzathon Celebration Of The Cherry Blossom
Win a Race in a Japanese car to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Sushi Roll
Perform 15 Barrel Roll Skills in a Nissan to win the Nissan Silvia HE

#Forzathon Wasabi Shrimp
Perform 15 Drift Skills in the Honda S800 or the Toyota Corolla SR5 to receive 25,000 CR

#Forzathon Karaoke Night
Bank a Skill Chain during a Skill Song to earn 25,000 XP

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_3_24_17
Quote:
NOTE: Due to some backend strangeness, we have confirmed that a number of Nissan models do not correctly register the barrel roll attempts for the “Sushi Roll” event. With that in mind, please avoid the following Nissan models when trying to complete that event:

1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM
1998 Nissan 240SX LE
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
1994 Nissan Silvia K’s
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R
1998 Nissan Silvia Ks

In the “Wasabi Shrimp” event, you’ll need to hit 15 Drift Skills in either the Honda S800 or the Toyota Corolla SR5; the former is a DLC car from the Playseat Car Pack, the latter is an on-disc car that everyone has access to.

Per the game categorization, these manufacturers are in the North America region and won't count as Japanese:
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2015 Lexus RC F
2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
2010 Lexus LFA
2009 Lexus IS F
1997 Lexus SC300

7)
Originally Posted by: JU1CE Cannon Go to Quoted Post

4) Restart the Console

#2750 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 2:25:22 PM(UTC)
Finally, Forzathon challenges are timed, and the Ford Fiesta one isn't available until next weekend so there's no way you'll unlock it today.
266 Pages<<108109110111112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error