24 Pages<<222324Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#576 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 5:55:10 PM(UTC)
Glad to hear you'll be moving on to F7! And great job on the Jr. livery.
#577 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:00:20 AM(UTC)
Updated replica (after I've seen some actual photos of the paint scheme on the track. The previous replica was 100% based on a die-cast model...) :

Dale Earnhardt Jr's 2017 #88 Mtn Dew (on the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport)

Follow me on Facebook & on Twitter! :)
 1 user liked this post.
#578 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:37:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SweedishThunder Go to Quoted Post
From today's official forum news article on FM7:

"You can race NASCAR vehicles". I'm sold! I'll be getting FM7 and design like never before (when I have the time)!

Note the wording: "...vehicles...". Is it just me that reads more than just regular stock cars, and perhaps trucks from that?

I don't know that there is that much to read into regarding NASCAR vehicles. I would LOVE to have xfinity and CWTS vehicles as well, but I think the reasons for wording it the way they do is because we have three manufacturers for NASCAR and they're including all three. I just feel SO relieved that we're going to have them.

Now, I just hope that the new Chevrolet stock car coming out next season looks close enough to the SS because I am afraid T10 will not be giving it to us. Also, I wonder if they're gonna go old style with the NASCAR stuff and just give us the bare, gun metal gray cars for us to have to design on our own, or if they'll give us back all that we have. Should be interesting.

Great stuff as always, Sweedish!
#579 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:19:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: APPLEJACKS xxxx Go to Quoted Post
From today's official forum news article on FM7:

"You can race NASCAR vehicles". I'm sold! I'll be getting FM7 and design like never before (when I have the time)!

Note the wording: "...vehicles...". Is it just me that reads more than just regular stock cars, and perhaps trucks from that?

I don't know that there is that much to read into regarding NASCAR vehicles. I would LOVE to have xfinity and CWTS vehicles as well, but I think the reasons for wording it the way they do is because we have three manufacturers for NASCAR and they're including all three. I just feel SO relieved that we're going to have them.

Now, I just hope that the new Chevrolet stock car coming out next season looks close enough to the SS because I am afraid T10 will not be giving it to us. Also, I wonder if they're gonna go old style with the NASCAR stuff and just give us the bare, gun metal gray cars for us to have to design on our own, or if they'll give us back all that we have. Should be interesting.

Great stuff as always, Sweedish!

There is no way we'll get just bare NASCAR models to work with, even if that would be great. The licensing costs always have a catch, and since NASCAR stock cars are pretty much rolling billboards for a great number of everyday products for people in North American households, I just don't see how a NASCAR license without a few fully wrapped cars would be possible to achieve. Any racing series license is so much about product placement and marketing that a set of blank cars seems completely unlikely to me.

#580 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 12:31:02 PM(UTC)
Hey Sweed, I read that you're working exclusively on 2017 liveries right now — that means race winners right? I loved Austin Dillon's Coke 600 paint scheme as well as Kyle Larson's Cars 3 paint scheme he won with yesterday. Just want to know if we can expect them in the coming weeks.
#581 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 1:03:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Echo VIII Go to Quoted Post
Hey Sweed, I read that you're working exclusively on 2017 liveries right now — that means race winners right? I loved Austin Dillon's Coke 600 paint scheme as well as Kyle Larson's Cars 3 paint scheme he won with yesterday. Just want to know if we can expect them in the coming weeks.

All it means is 2017 paint schemes. Actually, it's more likely drivers/teams that I haven't replicated yet than mere race winners. Race winning paints seem to make their way onto Forza as it is thanks to the quite large NASCAR replicating community, and I find that it's more fun to bring out the less known drivers. It's also more of a challenge since there are most often a LOT less source images to use as guides.

1 user liked this post.
#582 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 1:40:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Echo VIII Go to Quoted Post

All it means is 2017 paint schemes. Actually, it's more likely drivers/teams that I haven't replicated yet than mere race winners. Race winning paints seem to make their way onto Forza as it is thanks to the quite large NASCAR replicating community, and I find that it's more fun to bring out the less known drivers. It's also more of a challenge since there are most often a LOT less source images to use as guides.

Ah, but none make them quite like you do, Sweed.

But that's a fair point. I actually just bought the NASCAR expansion last week because of your liveries, downloaded about 20 right off the bat. In all honesty, you and Lex Luthor are the only two I saw that consistently make near perfect replicas. Biggest problem I see most often with other painters is with the numbers, usually with a script font instead of the proper slanted block font.

You have got it down to a science.

Edited by user Monday, June 19, 2017 1:41:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#583 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 2:59:39 AM(UTC)
Thanks to all of you who for one reason or another support my design work in Forza. You should know that I appreciate every kind word and every download (and every Like! ;) )

I started creating NASCAR replicas in Forza because I love graphic design (I'm a web designer - and a librarian, but I don't think that is relevant for my Forza work) and because I love NASCAR as a culture. When the NASCAR expansion dropped on us in FM6, things just fell into place; I knew where I was going to spend a lot of my free hours.

I've taken an occasional paint scheme request, but my passion lies in not planning, and instead deciding on which paint scheme to replicate depending on my mood, what pops up in a Twitter feed, or any other random trigger. Whatever the reason, my designing has always been about the fun and putting the vinyl editor shapes together to create something that hopefully looks like the original logos and/or base paint patterns. If I'd lose the fun factor, I'd stop my design work.

With the NASCAR expansion, a lot of NASCAR fan players entered the design arena. As the painter community grew, I found some amazing talent, but more importantly, players who also had a passion for creating anything from a single logo to a complete replica! This was amazing! More replicas of more teams and drivers filled more players' garages, and more fantasy NASCAR designs did the same!

With more players designing, the inevitable result was also that there would be some comments between designers that would be more or less serious, more or less sarcastic, and more or less honest opinions meant to be positive/negative feedback. Naturally, with all this feedback between designers, misinterpretations and misunderstandings were also inevitable.

This has started to tear apart some of the community lately, and that's why I feel like I need to ask the community to attempt to tone down the criticism of each others' work a bit. Whatever the intentions of critical feedback, there's always a chance it could be misconstrued as personal attacks. Life's too short to stir things up between us because of a video game that we all play to have FUN. Could we all try to share positivity in the community rather than negativity?

//Sweedish

#584 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 10:54:19 PM(UTC)
Thanks to all of you who for one reason or another support my design work in Forza. You should know that I appreciate every kind word and every download (and every Like! ;) )

I started creating NASCAR replicas in Forza because.....

...Could we all try to share positivity in the community rather than negativity?

//Sweedish

I support this like a whooooooole lot. Creative criticism is essential in our creative communities, let's keep it creative and not malicious everyone! Well put Sweed, everyone should take a note from you on this.
 1 user liked this post.
#585 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:38:49 AM(UTC)
Latest replica:

Jeffrey Earnhardt's 2017 #33 HULU (on the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport)

1 user liked this post.
#586 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:19:34 PM(UTC)
Just awesome. Unique shade of green. Great job capturing that.
 1 user liked this post.
#587 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 4:08:35 AM(UTC)
As a recent NASCAR fan, I gotta say the amount of work you accomplished (Logos and paint schemes on Cup cars and all the others ones) is just jaw-dropping. And now, I made my own...not really, I'm using your logos (and a few ones from Nascar Painter and Outkast, so thank you all). I made realistic-looking paint schemes with primary sponsors I never saw on real Cup cars (like Sprint, for example), except the number on them is always 208 (I'll make a complete topic for exposing my cars...)
So yeah, great job on everything and thanks for the logos you've made !!!
 1 user liked this post.
#588 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:54:45 PM(UTC)
Great work as always mate ...... and some very true words.

R
Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#589 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 3:55:02 AM(UTC)
New shared throwback replicas (replicated from a photo of the die-cast cars. The actual cars might look different when they are raced at Darlington) :

Austin Dillon's 2017 #3 American Ethanol E15 throwback (on the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport)

Ryan Newman's 2017 #31 Caterpillar throwback (on the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport)

1 user liked this post.
#590 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:38:11 PM(UTC)
New shared throwback replica (replicated from photos I was sent by Harris Lue, my inside man at NASCAR!):

Dale Earnhardt Jr's 2017 #88 Nationwide throwback (on the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport)

24 Pages<<222324Prev

Notification

Icon
Error