4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 7:40:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
If I was in charge, I'd just make all the DLC free when a game reached out-of-life status.

There would be no difference. The DLC is not in the discs, so they would have to keep them online. And I doubt that would be possible.

People would be complaining about how the DLC was free for one month before the delisting and they didn't downloaded!

I mean, they didn't donwload the content their purchased in the Season Pass, you think they would go to the marketplace to download a free content of a game they know would be delisted?

I can assure you they wouldn't, because 1000 club was free, and they didn't.
 3 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:49:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tatl360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
If I was in charge, I'd just make all the DLC free when a game reached out-of-life status.

There would be no difference. The DLC is not in the discs, so they would have to keep them online. And I doubt that would be possible.

People would be complaining about how the DLC was free for one month before the delisting and they didn't downloaded!

I mean, they didn't donwload the content their purchased in the Season Pass, you think they would go to the marketplace to download a free content of a game they know would be delisted?

I can assure you they wouldn't, because 1000 club was free, and they didn't.

Actually, they would grab the content. The reason they didn't is because the VAST majority was not aware that it would be taken down. This is the single largest issue with DRM. DLC has brought to the surface a strange reality that paying for digital content doesn't mean you own the content, it simply means that you bought the right to 'rent' the content until the retailer decides to pull the content. The fact is that some customers paid for content that they never received and to be honest, if I was one of them, there would be a lawsuit.

If Turn10 had given adequate notice about EOL, 95% of these problems would go away because most users would purchase what they wanted and skip out on what they didn't, knowing that they were about to lose the chance forever.

I can point to games such as WoW and tell Turn10 to shove their crys about keeping the data and servers up and in good shape while the argument about licensing deals expiring can be solved in a couple of ways, such as add-on discs being made or the simplest way of just giving the content away for free after X number of years since license deals typically apply to profiting from the product/likeness. Not to mention that almost all of the cars are available in succseive and current Forza games, offering an the ability to negotiate the availability of older DLC with the owners of the licenses. And as a side note to this, Turn10/Forza is the ONLY mainstream company/game series that remains open or in business that practices this EOL program. Most games that have DLC pulled down do so from declining sales and/or fan bases. Turn10 actually SCHEDULES this to happen, further showing that it is simply a decision they make as a company, not as a licensee.

With all of that being said, if Turn10 truly cared about the longterm happiness of the longterm racers, maybe they would take steps to fix these things and maybe they wouldn't but they WOULD most certainly acknowledge and actively participate in discussing solutions to their customers problems.

In closing, yes, Turn10 makes great racing games (Playground Games makes decent ones) and yes, Turn10 created an awesome rewards program that they didn't have to create (even though they can't manage to take care of it) but they need to step up their customer SERVICE and customer RETENTION before they lose their loyal fan base that keeps the lights on. The main thing is simply acknowledging the racers when they have a complaint about something. A little effort would go a looooong way with us.

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error