138 Pages<<101102103104105>>PrevNext
#2551 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:51:55 AM(UTC)
I have to go out of town this weekend. Any advice on how to approach this one to get it done very quickly Friday morning? Or just hit the auction house when I get back?

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed
Get 3 Stars on 3 PR Stunts to win the ’72 Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
#2552 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:28:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sday9 Go to Quoted Post
I have to go out of town this weekend. Any advice on how to approach this one to get it done very quickly Friday morning? Or just hit the auction house when I get back?

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

I think jumps or speed traps are probably the easiest but then again I suck real bad at drift zones and speed zones.
#2553 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:06:55 AM(UTC)

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

Danger Signs and Speed Traps are your best bet; the first Danger Sign you are exposed to in the game (overlooking Byron Bay) has a really low target and any S1 or better car will destroy it.

As for Speed Traps, the Highways in a fast car.

Any PR Stunt can be 3 Starred multiple times, so once you find your groove, rinse and repeat.
#2554 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:33:25 AM(UTC)

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

Go to the Jump PR stunt in the rain forest. It was the first one that was available to you. Relatively short distance that you should be able to 3 star without even changing cars.

#2555 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:09:17 AM(UTC)
Lucky escapes are a bit tricky....

I have been getting a few playing "chicken" on the runway inducing a drift just before crossing but it's literally a bit "hit or miss"...

Speed trap at the goldmine is an easy 3 star one... only needs 135 MPH+ if you need 3 different ones to trigger it then the airstrip speed trap is nearby and is 250 MPH+ and West Outback is 200 MPH+ All a doddle in a speed tuned D type.... I had forgotten how badly they corner though haven't driven one for months!! ....

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:24:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2556 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:31:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

I assume 'Cobra' refers to the Cobra 427, Cobra Daytona Coupe or the Mustang King Cobra. Are there any others?
427 and Daytona Coupe yes, King Cobra no. It is not a Cobra, just a Mustang with Cobra in the name.

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:31:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2557 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:42:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

I assume 'Cobra' refers to the Cobra 427, Cobra Daytona Coupe or the Mustang King Cobra. Are there any others?
427 and Daytona Coupe yes, King Cobra no. It is not a Cobra, just a Mustang with Cobra in the name.

I'm going to assume anything named 'Cobra' will work.
 2 users liked this post.
#2558 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:05:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post

I have been getting a few playing "chicken" on the runway inducing a drift just before crossing but it's literally a bit "hit or miss"...

Try downloading a drift tune for a Nissan and play in manual shift and just stick to 2nd or 3rd gear and weave between traffic on the highway.

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:06:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2559 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:14:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Orangecroc Go to Quoted Post

Try downloading a drift tune for a Nissan and play in manual shift and just stick to 2nd or 3rd gear and weave between traffic on the highway.

Thanks I'll give that a go... :)
#2560 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:58:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JU1CE Cannon Go to Quoted Post

As am I. If it was just Cobra it wouldn't have the quotes around it....
 1 user liked this post.
#2561 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:04:28 PM(UTC)
I'm really looking forward to getting the Benz tomorrow. One of my favorites from the brand!
One of "The 50"
#2562 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:00:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JU1CE Cannon Go to Quoted Post

As am I. If it was just Cobra it wouldn't have the quotes around it....

There's also the '93 SVT Cobra, the '95 Cobra R and '00 Cobra R that could work as well.

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:03:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2563 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:38:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: r00fus1337 Go to Quoted Post

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

Go to the Jump PR stunt in the rain forest. It was the first one that was available to you. Relatively short distance that you should be able to 3 star without even changing cars.

Maybe you can just do that jump PR stunt 3 times to unlock. Wouldn't surprise me. The challenge does not say 3 >different< PR stunts. Just a thought :)
Then again it is Forzathon so maybe it doesn't work because of some hidden requirements not released to the public. I will try tomorrow though...
"Let's see how you do in a crowd!"

ஜ۩۞-{Forza Lifetime Member}-۞۩ஜ
#2564 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:54:29 PM(UTC)

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

Maxed Centenario in Blizzard Mountain doing the easy speed zones / traps.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#2565 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:59:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
I'm really looking forward to getting the Benz tomorrow. One of my favorites from the brand!

The one from Project CARS is the fun one, it's the racing version of it that won it's class in 1971 at the 24h of Spa back in the days. :)

http://gearpatrol.com/20...rcedes-300-sel-6-8-amg/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUJiFCEwHa0
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#2566 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:16:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Orangecroc Go to Quoted Post

Thanks I'll give that a go... :)

And go with the flow of traffic.

In practice before I came to work, I was just drifting back and forth on the highway and as I came up on traffic cars, just tried to stay sideways as close to them as possible while passing them.

Got several lucky escapes that way.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 2 users liked this post.
#2567 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:37:45 PM(UTC)
#Forzathon - A Shamrockin' Good Time
May you find the rainbow's end

These Forzathon challenges open at 4am Eastern (1am Pacific) March 17 and close the same time March 20.

#Forzathon That Was Lucky
Perform 5 Lucky Escape Skills to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Battling With Snakes
Complete a Race in a ‘Cobra’ to earn 25,000 XP

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

#Forzathon Top of the Mornin'
Complete ANY event to receive 20,000 CR

Remember to reboot if achievements or gifts don't appear promptly after you complete them. Windows 10 users who have disabled the Connected User Experience and Telemetry setting may have trouble receiving Forzathon awards.
 1 user liked this post.
#2568 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:09:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
#Forzathon - A Shamrockin' Good Time
May you find the rainbow's end

These Forzathon challenges open at 4am Eastern (1am Pacific) March 17 and close the same time March 20.

#Forzathon That Was Lucky
Perform 5 Lucky Escape Skills to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Battling With Snakes
Complete a Race in a ‘Cobra’ to earn 25,000 XP

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed

#Forzathon Top of the Mornin'
Complete ANY event to receive 20,000 CR

Remember to reboot if achievements or gifts don't appear promptly after you complete them. Windows 10 users who have disabled the Connected User Experience and Telemetry setting may have trouble receiving Forzathon awards.

think this bit needs to be highlighted as it seems a lot of people still ignore this every week and would rather complain about not getting their rewards

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:10:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2569 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:44:16 PM(UTC)
So what are lucky escape skills?
#2570 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:46:00 PM(UTC)
So ANY car with "Cobra" in the title should work for "Battling With Snakes". Be it the Shelby Cobra, Mustang II King Cobra or SVT Cobra R. Well, that's how I would do it at least. You never know what cars work and don't work when the challenges are vague like that. "100 Daredevil skills in a truck" comes to mind.

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:46:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2571 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:46:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post

Near miss while drifting.
#2572 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:00:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post

Near miss while drifting.

Thanks

Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
So ANY car with "Cobra" in the title should work for "Battling With Snakes". Be it the Shelby Cobra, Mustang II King Cobra or SVT Cobra R. Well, that's how I would do it at least. You never know what cars work and don't work when the challenges are vague like that. "100 Daredevil skills in a truck" comes to mind.

I hope SVT Cobra is allowed because I don't have the Shelby yet, and don't have the money to buy one just for this forzathon.

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:23:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2573 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 12:03:15 AM(UTC)
Speed trap counts as an event so get the 20K Cr for that Merc in the bag already...

Head-to-head Didn't count this time so did the 1 lap blueprint at Coober Peddy in the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

Just the Lucky escapes left to do... although that is saying "Done! Unlocking...." and I haven't done any yet and it seems to be frozen in that state

Update - next "Lucky escape" reset it to 20% complete....

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2017 12:20:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2574 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 12:25:43 AM(UTC)
'95 Cobra R works.

Edit: And so does doing the same PR stunt 3 times.

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2017 12:30:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#2575 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 12:38:31 AM(UTC)
Thr SVT Cobra does work
138 Pages<<101102103104105>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error