266 Pages<<9495969798>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#2376 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnazzySki98 Go to Quoted Post
Ahh man, two of the three cars I was really looking forward to (the 300 SEL 6.3 and Continental Supersports) are all Forazathon cars this month and I'm OUT OF TOWN for the 9th to the 22nd! T10 how could you do this to me!?!?!? Lol, in all seriousness though, I really hope these two make a return in future Forzathons.

Can always pick them up in the auction house later
Seems there are always a lot of the forzathon cars put up straight away
#2377 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:33:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
www.bit.ly/ForzaCalendars

March #Forzathon
Events start 3am Eastern Fridays - just after midnight Pacific - and close at 3am Eastern Mondays
USA switches to Daylight Time on March 12. See Pacific Time and zone conversion at localtimes.info

10th-13th BE EXTRAORDINARY

#Forzathon Blimey!
Perform 3 Drift Tap Skills in a GT Car to earn 45,000 XP

#Forzathon Blistering Acceleration
Complete a Race to win the 2017 Bentley Continental Supersports

#Forzathon Tally Ho!
Beat a Rival in a Bentley to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Time For Tea
Complete ANY Playground Game in a British Car to receive 125,000 CR

Remember to reboot before starting events, and reboot again if achievements or gifts don't pop up promptly.

[/url]
#2378 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:41:49 PM(UTC)
So the Supersports is classified as a GT car, I kinda feel like it should be Super GT instead
#2379 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:46:56 PM(UTC)
That Drift Tap one will be tricky.... i'm seriously not good at Drifting. Rest look like a simple run though so i'm happy.
 1 user liked this post.
#2380 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:52:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SDLRob Go to Quoted Post
That Drift Tap one will be tricky.... i'm seriously not good at Drifting. Rest look like a simple run though so i'm happy.

You do not need to be good at drifting to do a drift tap.

Find a road with a wall or rail. Coastal roads north of Byron Bay have this.

Drive it like you stole it, step the back out and tap the wall.
I blame the ants.
#2381 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:05:11 PM(UTC)

https://youtu.be/pXZ06vUxsRc

You welcome......

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 3 users liked this post.
#2382 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:44:01 PM(UTC)

I'm the world's worst drifter, but it actually isn't that hard. Just drive a car with a loose rear end and you'll probably do it by accident 3 times in about a minute. lol

#2383 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:57:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

I'm the world's worst drifter, but it actually isn't that hard. Just drive a car with a loose rear end and you'll probably do it by accident 3 times in about a minute. lol

Yep, it's easy even for an average drifter. Use a curved wall, drive close to it at a speed where taps of the rear brake will gently hit the wall. That's the secret is not hitting it hard but ensuring a drift starts so not too close to the wall, nor too far to accidently spin, lose speed or hit it too hard.

The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#2384 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:41:51 AM(UTC)

Just a get a bit of speed in 3rd gear and gently angle the front of the car into a barrier and add power and steer into the barrier more. You'll be awarded a drift tap. Wait 30 seconds or more then try again as the drift tap resets after 30 seconds. Hope that helps........ :-)
#2385 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:05:23 AM(UTC)
Thanks guys :D
#2386 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:29:53 AM(UTC)
Anyone found a decent GT car for the drift taps yet? I have tried a few but they aren't doing that well using the wall method...

Just found that a BMW M6 Coupe with a Drift tune seems to get them fairly easily... lets hope it works during the Forzathon...

Edited by user Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:39:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

#2387 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:36:43 AM(UTC)

I have to disagree. I have spent some time the last 2 nights in the M3 HE BMW at the place in the video posted above, trying my hardest to do what I think the video says to do, and I have not ONCE in over 2 hours gotten even one drift tap. I must be TOO OLD to understand what it takes to do it, I guess.

#2388 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:10:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

I have to disagree. I have spent some time the last 2 nights in the M3 HE BMW at the place in the video posted above, trying my hardest to do what I think the video says to do, and I have not ONCE in over 2 hours gotten even one drift tap. I must be TOO OLD to understand what it takes to do it, I guess.

I don't think that video is the best way to do drift taps, its more how to abuse them with a certain car setup.

I just took a RWD, not a drift tune Jag and did this practising:

http://xboxclips.com/Sat...c-45b6-9b79-3be93f93b712

There is a street race just south of where I am on the map if you want to remove most of the traffic.

Edited by user Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:12:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#2389 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:12:17 PM(UTC)

I have a tune up for the Jag F-type R up that's really easy to slide and keep control.

Name: Drift Taps Fthon
Class: A
GT: ssrdemo

It's cheap and it'll work with the video I posted or with Satnite's method. Maybe it'll help.

But no matter what, try not to get frustrated. They're a lot easier to do than they seem. If all else fails, as someone else mentioned earlier, just drive around like a mad man and you may just rack a few up by accident. Good luck.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#2390 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 12:08:24 AM(UTC)
Forzathon is live peeps, and the Bentley is wicked :)
#2391 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 12:28:54 AM(UTC)
All done and dusted....
It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

#2392 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 12:39:37 AM(UTC)
The Bentley isn't too bad for a free Forzathon car. I mean you can't complain as its free.
 1 user liked this post.
#2393 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:01:18 AM(UTC)
Honestly why even bother giving this free **** to us when we can't even swap a Lambo in it.

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE! The sad thing is that there's probably people out there who would actually post that and mean it. Anyway, I think the Bentley looks great and is very quick and nimble for how heavy it is. I also like how many manufacturer colors there are for it.

Let me know if you fell for the top of this post...

Edited by user Friday, March 10, 2017 1:02:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Faithful since FM4.
#2394 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:11:13 AM(UTC)
I am on an XB1 and have got all 4 Awards added to my Achievements but the #Forzathon Blimey! Perform 3 Drift Tap Skills in a GT Car to earn 45,000 XP will not grey out or give me my 45000Credits in game.
Any one else had this happen or has anybody else had this happen?

UPDATE:
I turned FH3 off then went back a while later and FH3 paid the owed 45K XP! Happy man even tho' I do not actually require it!

Edited by user Friday, March 10, 2017 2:05:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2395 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:18:09 AM(UTC)
Also all done now. That Bentley SS is really great fun :)

FYI: Regarding this event. I lost a drag race in rivals but still got it unlocked. How about that? Easiest event ever :D
"Let's see how you do in a crowd!"

ஜ۩۞-{Forza Lifetime Member}-۞۩ஜ
#2396 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:25:38 AM(UTC)
Just to let you know, "Blistering Acceleration" popped for me after doing a head to head. No need to blueprint a race.
Forza Faithful since FM4.
#2397 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:32:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
Just to let you know, "Blistering Acceleration" popped for me after doing a head to head. No need to blueprint a race.

Well I also tried a head 2 head in the brand new Bentley SS and won but it did NOT trigger so I did an exhibition race and THAT worked.

"Let's see how you do in a crowd!"

ஜ۩۞-{Forza Lifetime Member}-۞۩ஜ
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#2398 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:41:36 AM(UTC)

An easy one to drift tab is the race over the ice lake in BM. Just after the lake there is a long left hand corner with fences on the outer wall. Just try to drift tab against it and use rewind to redo failed attempts. A 3-lap race with rewind on will do the trick.

The ice surface will make it very easy to slide.
Put assists off as well if you would have them on.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#2399 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 2:06:34 AM(UTC)
I did the drift taps without leaving the festival hub.
I blame the ants.
#2400 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 2:27:04 AM(UTC)
The drift tap challenge didn't work with a couple of GT cars I tried, but I finally got it. Weird. I don't get excited by wheel spins anymore. I had 5 wheelspins and got a grand total of about 100,000 WITH VIP. Pretty sad. I have friends that clean up every time they have a wheelspin with huge sums of money and lots of HE cars. They obviously tag certain players to have losing wheelspins or winning wheelspins to emulate "randomness". It wouldn't bother me so bad if it wasn't for the fact it makes having VIP rather useless and a waste of money. 90% of my spins are 2000-10000 so it doesn't make a very big difference with VIP.
266 Pages<<9495969798>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error