183 Pages<<181182183Prev
#4551 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 11:58:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WritesCode4Food Go to Quoted Post
That is definitely one of the harder jumps to accomplish. You need a car a bit on the heavier side that doesn't bounce around as much with a decent amount of suspension travel to handle the rough ride. I finally did it in a Centenario with a Rally suspension for 500+ feet, however, I'm going to try again with a new tune and car to see if I can extend my personal best.

I had to do this in a private session with no avatars because even with rewind I couldn't seem to get a clean run. One trick I found was if you look south and a little west of the jump there is a triangle in the road. The line on the left side of the triangle lines up with the ramp. If you start on the left side of that road and follow the white line closest to the curb it will set you on the right path to hit the jump cleanly.

Update: Maxed out a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with an offroad tune. Started a little farther back than the bicycle lane I mentioned that aims right at the ramp. On the 2nd try I jumped 525 feet and the car was very stable and it was easy to do.

Many thanks.

Just when it seemed that recently the challenges have become too easy, something sinister was lurking in the Forza Horizon.

First we had to make a sluggish sports utility vehicle fly through the air near the airport, then do great drift great air and great drift simultaneously with no other screen messages, waiting for a japanese word to appear.

Now we have a challenge with very little reward which, together with the timber mill, is recognized as one of the most difficult danger signs in FH3 to get 3 stars on.

I've had several unsuccessful attempts at the Surfers Park danger sign, using 10 or so of my best vehicles upgraded to the max, and using rewind. Logically I should give up since there are much easier ways of getting 150,000 CR but emotionally I'll try some of the vehicles and ways other players have suggested.

According to the Surfers Park Leaderboard, numerous vehicles have been successful in getting 3 stars and cars in videos include:

Bugatti Veyron
Lamborghini Murcielago 2010
BMW X6M 2015
Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020 2015
W Motors Lykan HyperSport
Local Motors Rally Fighter
Ariel Nomad
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ford GT Horizon Edition
Lamborghini Centenario
Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Unfortunately not many players reveal exactly what upgrades or tunes were used.

1 user liked this post.
#4552 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 3:53:10 AM(UTC)
Heh, first Forzathon I completely forgot about. I had both cars anyway so its not big deal, both are available through wheelspins anyway.
#4553 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:48:50 AM(UTC)
I deserve compensation for not being able to get the horizon cars in the July 14 - 17th forzathon. Nothing was unlocking for me.
 3 users liked this post.
#4554 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 6:47:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vex1 Go to Quoted Post
I deserve compensation for not being able to get the horizon cars in the July 14 - 17th forzathon. Nothing was unlocking for me.

Compensation for what exactly? Why do you feel you deserve compensation for it not unlocking?

Are you sure you did it right?
Did the achievements unlock?
 2 users liked this post.
#4555 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:35:56 AM(UTC)

O rly?
 1 user liked this post.
#4556 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 12:01:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

He hasn't even unlocked it, the last FH3 archivement he unlocked was at the 05.07.2017 and getting 55.000EP, 120.000Cr...
 1 user liked this post.
#4557 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 12:24:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXTheOEXx Go to Quoted Post

He hasn't even unlocked it, the last FH3 archivement he unlocked was at the 05.07.2017 and getting 55.000EP, 120.000Cr...

I know this, I already checked. I was curious as to what his response was to that question.

Thanks for the answer!
#4558 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 6:30:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Haven't seen this posted anywhere here yet, so I thought I'd add it. Head-to-Heads count as races for the Jaguars.

They didnt count for me lol
I tried a few different ones too

Same for me, didn't count. It's first thing I tried.

Strange, it worked for me. That or I completely forgot about a race. Apologies for possible misinformation then.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#4559 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 6:36:04 PM(UTC)
Haven't seen this posted anywhere here yet, so I thought I'd add it. Head-to-Heads count as races for the Jaguars.

Strange, it worked for me. That or I completely forgot about a race. Apologies for possible misinformation then.

Head to head counted, but bounty head to heads did not.

My achievement unlocked after a normal head to head.

Edited by user Monday, July 17, 2017 6:36:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#4560 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 6:46:34 PM(UTC)
Surfers Paradise Danger sign Arial Nomad Max up grade set suspension to about 1/5th and dampers to minum spring hight max dif set to 100% front and rear power split 50%, downforce to minimum front and 50% on rear. If you start at the jump and drive in a strait line through the park you will notice you have a strait run at this jump starting from the road about 600 meters or so on your way to the road you will knock over some trees and fence .Once near the bike rack face the jump and go .like the clappers. you need to hit the right hand side of ramp for max jump you should land on the road. Do in private free roam to adviod fail by hitting traffic on landing.

XBox One S 2TB Pre Order

Live in Australia Time Zone is +10
#4561 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 7:08:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Head to head counted, but bounty head to heads did not.

My achievement unlocked after a normal head to head.

Weird...typical forzathon
I tried normal, bounty and the ones to put as your crew and none registered for me
Maybe it was certain Jags that didn't register head to heads as well
Not to worry..i just did regular races and registered no issues with the same Jag
Unlike some others i change things around if 1 way doesn't register

Edited by user Monday, July 17, 2017 7:10:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4562 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 7:35:14 PM(UTC)

Compensation for what exactly? Why do you feel you deserve compensation for it not unlocking?

Are you sure you did it right?

Yes I did everything right, I did everything once and then power cycled, restarted the router, played a different game, then repeated the process another 2 times.
#4563 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 7:36:31 PM(UTC)

Not a case of I didn't unlock it, the game did not register anything even after my 3 attempts.
 1 user liked this post.
#4564 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:38:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
Surfers Paradise Danger sign Arial Nomad Max upgrade set suspension to about 1/5th and dampers to minimum spring height max dif set to 100% front and rear power split 50%, downforce to minimum front and 50% on rear. If you start at the jump and drive in a strait line through the park you will notice you have a strait run at this jump starting from the road about 600 meters or so on your way to the road you will knock over some trees and fence .Once near the bike rack face the jump and go .like the clappers. you need to hit the right hand side of ramp for max jump you should land on the road. Do in private free roam to adviod fail by hitting traffic on landing.

Many thanks for the advice. At present some of my standard cars seem to be better at this jump than my tuned/upgraded cars but I think I need to be patient and persevere.

1 user liked this post.
#4565 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:30:38 AM(UTC)

Not a case of I didn't unlock it, the game did not register anything even after my 3 attempts.

If it didn't register it, you didn't unlock it.
 1 user liked this post.
#4566 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:02:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
Surfers Paradise Danger sign Arial Nomad Max upgrade set suspension to about 1/5th and dampers to minimum spring height max dif set to 100% front and rear power split 50%, downforce to minimum front and 50% on rear. If you start at the jump and drive in a strait line through the park you will notice you have a strait run at this jump starting from the road about 600 meters or so on your way to the road you will knock over some trees and fence .Once near the bike rack face the jump and go .like the clappers. you need to hit the right hand side of ramp for max jump you should land on the road. Do in private free roam to adviod fail by hitting traffic on landing.

Many thanks for the advice. At present some of my standard cars seem to be better at this jump than my tuned/upgraded cars but I think I need to be patient and persevere.

539.45 ft for me in a 918 xclass (tuned by me), rally suspension (ride height raised to the max) & tires, and I only play in solo mode. My car for this jump I kept the same tune as I was using for circuit / races, only fiddled with suspension and used rally tires @ 29 psi. Approach, don't go too far to the right or else you'll hit the "invisible wall"

Edited by user Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:10:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4567 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:12:56 AM(UTC)
[quote=Stang616;743690]Yes I did everything right, I did everything once and then power cycled, restarted the router, played a different game, then repeated the process another 2 times.

I tried 3 head to heads for the Jag achievement. Didn't unlock it, so I tried regular exhos instead, and it unlocked. Hard to say there was a problem when you need to tell us more.

#4568 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:44:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
539.45 ft for me in a 918 xclass (tuned by me), rally suspension (ride height raised to the max) & tires, and I only play in solo mode. My car for this jump I kept the same tune as I was using for circuit / races, only fiddled with suspension and used rally tires @ 29 psi. Approach, don't go too far to the right or else you'll hit the "invisible wall"

Thanks for the advice and over the new few days I'll be trying out a few different cars and set ups. I have 2 standard 918s and I'll upgrade one of them to X class.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:46:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4569 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:35:18 AM(UTC)
I did this jump early in my career with an Ariel Nomad as I had few cars then. When I remember correctly, I just got the required distance and used rewind quite often, because I always crash-landed. But I like these challenges like the airport jump before, as a certain amount of fine tuning your car is required.
#4570 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:22:57 AM(UTC)
Okay Slightly off topic but I has to be said. WHERE IS THE #44 Porsche Flying Lizard? Whenever there is a new update for the game I check the achievements for the game for upcoming #Forzathons. I know I'm not dreaming because I swear it was suppose to come out mid July around the 12. But now when I check to see it the Achievement is not there. So why Playground and Turn 10, why take such a wonderful car out of the game?
 1 user liked this post.
#4571 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:26:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZIGGY FOOLZ Go to Quoted Post
Okay Slightly off topic but I has to be said. WHERE IS THE #44 Porsche Flying Lizard? Whenever there is a new update for the game I check the achievements for the game for upcoming #Forzathons. I know I'm not dreaming because I swear it was suppose to come out mid July around the 12. But now when I check to see it the Achievement is not there. So why Playground and Turn 10, why take such a wonderful car out of the game?

Well technically, they didn't take it out, they just never put it in.

As to why, we'll probably never know.....

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
183 Pages<<181182183Prev

Notification

Icon
Error