18 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext
#326 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:58:13 PM(UTC)
OMG you photocomp choices are AMAZING!!! WOW!!! The beauty you get out of your pictures is amazing!
#327 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 7:04:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brokenvegetable Go to Quoted Post
OMG you photocomp choices are AMAZING!!! WOW!!! The beauty you get out of your pictures is amazing!
Thanks for the support again. Anyway hopefully I do better in week 19 compared to my week 18 choices, even if I was hoping my One-77 shot from Week 18 would of got a look in.

Originally Posted by: Desperado9009 Go to Quoted Post
Love your choices for the photocomp this week Pebb. For me the shot below wins. In my eyes it looks as though we have a snow covered car on a cold arctic morning, yet your interpretation may be very different. Whatever its meaning I think its great and would be a well deserved win in my eyes. The other two are top notch as well.

Cheers :)

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#328 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 3:48:57 PM(UTC)
This photo really speaks to me as something exceptional. So simple, yet so magnificent.

A photographer sees not through the eyes, but through the mind.
 2 users liked this post.
#329 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 6:40:07 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size

#1 | Photoshopped
#2 > #9 | Edited
#10 > #18 | Stock

Originally Posted by: Hachikata Go to Quoted Post
This photo really speaks to me as something exceptional. So simple, yet so magnificent.

I was hoping it would get selected. However unfortunately for me that wasn't the case.

#330 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 9:07:19 AM(UTC)
Great work with the NSX!!
#331 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:23:27 AM(UTC)
Beautiful set. I particularly love 15 to 18.
I remember really enjoying shooting this car when I did my set. It really lends itself to the lens.
#332 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 3:43:51 AM(UTC)
Love the work you've done with the Acura. This one and this one are really smashing!

But my the best one IMO gotta be;

Bravo Pebb!
#333 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:35:02 AM(UTC)
Great work with the NSX!!
Thanks again. Also I will try to begin commenting on your gallery and a range of over the next 2-8 days depending on when I get some free time. As well as when this throat of mine clears itself up since it has been a bit rough since yesterday.

Originally Posted by: Orangecroc Go to Quoted Post
Beautiful set. I particularly love 15 to 18.
I remember really enjoying shooting this car when I did my set. It really lends itself to the lens.
It was a semi-tricky car to work with at times from certain angles. However I am just glad after spending 1-2 weeks with it, I was able to finish up the update before it reached 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by: MFU82 Go to Quoted Post
Love the work you've done with the Acura. This one and this one are really smashing!

But my the best one IMO gotta be;

Bravo Pebb!
I am glad you enjoyed a range of shots.

#334 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:02:03 AM(UTC)
Along with the shot mentioned by MFU, two further shots shone for me;

Great work Pebb and always a pleasure to see your inventiveness portrayed here.

#335 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:56:46 AM(UTC)

Click for the more sizes

-----

Along with the shot mentioned by MFU, two further shots shone for me;

Great work Pebb and always a pleasure to see your inventiveness portrayed here.
Thanks again as always for popping by and commenting.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:58:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#336 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 3:37:18 PM(UTC)
Challenge | Three Wins on the Trot | Shot Voting

Click for the full size

PMC Week 20 | Current Entries

Click for the full size

Challenge | Three wins on the trot | Why I am doing This

As the wait goes on and my desperation or hope for going on a winning trot of three or more wins carries on, it looks like I will result to despite measures by giving the community a chance to pick one of my shots for week 20. And before anyone say's the judges or their displays may of changed. It should be noted there is a select few that have gone on winning trots over the last 1-3 years are still going on winning streaks while keeping to their trade mark settings. So in my view the change of judges or them maybe using HDR TV's is irrelevant.

Edited by user Sunday, February 19, 2017 3:31:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#337 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
I personally love your work and almost all the time would pick your shots as winners! I am not sure as to who makes up the judges or how it is done but there must be some sort of spread to allow those that are not as good the ability to get picked otherwise I feel it would be the same people every week getting picked. However if people would mix up their shots and or settings I think it would make it more interesting. I see very little black and white and very little up close shots. and never any odd balls shots of items or backgrounds.
#338 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 7:51:25 AM(UTC)
Both of these are gorgeous Pebb:

The new shot of the DB11 is lovely as well.

Shot #2 is my pick for your Photocomp entry. Good luck :)
#339 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 12:49:16 PM(UTC)
The dodge shot is the stand out in those three for me.
#340 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:07:50 PM(UTC)
Update on my DB11 Set

Over the last few days I have been looking to resume work on my DB11 update. However after having some lazy last few days in bed and not waking up on time, it has had an effect on me to the point that I am struggling with ideas. And while I could do a Vincent van Gogh to one of my ears to make things more interesting as a way to inspire me. :p In the long run that would not be good for my mental side. Even part of me mentally has been drained over the years due to my future & bank balance not being too secure.

But what will improve my future. Well first I would love a job that I would be happy to wake up too. Yet since there is no chance of me getting a career in art, photography, film, TV or something sports wise. It means my future will carry on falling to pieces unless something changes over the next 2-8 months. Plus as someone who still lives with their parents. While also being in a minimum wage job where the hours, wage and yearly bonus is trash, it means my mental side will never change in a positive direction.

Either way with that all said. If there was a chance to turn myself off with the flip of a switch or leave for another universe/reality would I take it and the answer is yes. Or if I had plenty of experience when it comes to building stuff. Would I maybe live out the rest of my life in the wildernesses and the answer is also yes. However since neither of those two things ever happen it looks like the future will drag.

I personally love your work and almost all the time would pick your shots as winners! I am not sure as to who makes up the judges or how it is done but there must be some sort of spread to allow those that are not as good the ability to get picked otherwise I feel it would be the same people every week getting picked. However if people would mix up their shots and or settings I think it would make it more interesting. I see very little black and white and very little up close shots. and never any odd balls shots of items or backgrounds.
If they are trying to spread out the winners a bit more, then there is still a fair few who go on a few winning streaks. But personally only the best of the best should be selected. Not something that looks fancy or snazzy. Instead I always say the base of any shot should focus on the layout & composition. While the lighting, colour & other similar settings should be looked at next followed by finishing touches like shutter speed, aperture and manual or auto focus. Either way if I don't get selected over the next few weeks or months, then I might have to have to take along break from the PMC's. Even if getting selected means more time can be spent capturing shots instead of earning credits the old way.

Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post
Both of these are gorgeous Pebb:

The new shot of the DB11 is lovely as well.

Shot #2 is my pick for your Photocomp entry. Good luck :)

Originally Posted by: Orangecroc Go to Quoted Post
The dodge shot is the stand out in those three for me.
Thanks for both popping by chaps.

#341 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:39:06 PM(UTC)
Dodge shot all day for me if you haven't submitted it already and if not why not!? Not to say the other 2 shots aren't superb but that colour alone in my eyes makes it a worthy winner. Its just so damn good.

#342 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:34:18 PM(UTC)
Dodge shot all day for me if you haven't submitted it already and if not why not!? Not to say the other 2 shots aren't superb but that colour alone in my eyes makes it a worthy winner. Its just so damn good.
Thanks for taking some time to vote. Anyway after counting up the votes, I am pleased to say the third shot which you prefer has won.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:35:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#343 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:32:42 AM(UTC)
This is gorgeous

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:33:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#344 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:09:28 PM(UTC)
Update on my life & Plea for help

Over the last week I have been struggling with Photomode in one area that is my interest level. But what is making it a struggling for me when it comes to composing shots. Well foremost the camera travel distance, camera zooms and detail or stuff changing scenery wise when zooming in heavily on a car from a distance is still an issue that could of been fixed. Yet since Photomode isn't getting new features or tweaks added over time, I feel it is starting to stagnate what could be achieved by the community. Take headlights off/on for example since no matter how hard the community pleas for such a feature it seems as if Photomode isn't that important to the community team.

Or deep down do the dev & publisher team think there is enough to work with and that we should just be happy with what we have got. When in fact adding more means passion might increase. While maybe forcing more to spend more time trying out more things with new features and tweaks. Now with those concerns mentioned it is time to go more in-depth with some thoughts I have had of late so here goes. Over the last week when having no interest to boot up photomode it has started to make me think more about my future with all Photomodes due to a mix of factors.

First lack of features like travel distance and an option to not turn off headlights means I am forced to work around these stubborn blocks. Which in turn means I go from thinking, let's try this instead to now one of my worst fears. And that is, I am bored of this or dang it game why can't you let me travel just a bit further. As well as losing passion by the day due to current options messing with my mind that results in my composition going down hill. Or me not having a range of ideas to use on the fly since I am having problems thinking outside of the box it means one thought has plagued my mind of late.

Maybe it's time to retire or temporary retire over the coming weeks / months seeing how my passion just isn't the same anymore since in the past I was happy to work through the stubborn periods. But what do I mean by stubborn periods. Well in the past I would come across a few good locations & camera angles over the space of 20-40 minutes. And then after that I would next spend a good 15-30 minutes to 1 hour having problems making the most of my selected location in the panning or still shot department. Yet if I found a good spot after spending 5-20 minutes of tweaking, then at most it would only work for 1-3 shots.

Along with struggling with shots from time to time another thing that has made me lose hope while making me very unhappy is seeing what some forums go crazy over in the Photomode world. One example is people only replying to galleries containing shots made through debug commands/files like on the PC version for example. Or making it out as if galleries containing debug stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. Yet when I look at such galleries / posts on GTPlanet it leaves me bemused since such posts don't contain any worthy shots that deserves the attention they get. And well to me, when I see debug galleries or posts getting more attention compared to proper Photomode updates aka not relying on edited files. Then it brings a tear to my eye since GTPlanet was one of the original homes for Photomode galleries back in the GT4 days. But while most of the community still cares about good shots.

I still find it a bit hurtful that poorly setup shots with debug stuff is getting so much attention to the point that I have to say the following. If you love Photomode and you like spending time, tweaking settings to angles. While also trying out new things from time to time as well as using acceptable tricks/camera glitches to take interesting shots, then you should be hurt when debug snap shots get more attention since in the long run such shots are a disgrace. Even it has affected me to the point that my GTPlanet FH3 gallery might as well not be updated if it will get ignored for debug snapshots.

Right now with those thoughts out of the way it is time to move onto the second part of this post. But it should also be noted that what I am about to say is important for my future so here goes. Over the last few months I have struggled with going to work with a regular grin on my face for quite a few reasons. First as someone who works at Asda, you know the owner of Asda aka Walmart has enough money to give well performing stores and there staff a good Christmas bonus of like say at least £500 for everyone part time and above. Yet for this to only work it would have to be only for stores who made the most sales over the Christmas period in their region.

And well since my store made the most money in the region out of the other Asda's over Christmas I was like maybe we might finally get a decent bonus that could have half put towards my future via bank saving options with a good APR. Nope instead as someone who works in one of the most labour based departments all I get is £98-£104. Yet while I get less as part time. It is even worse for full time who at most only get £50-£62 more depending on hours & while I have been trying for the last few years to get more hours with earlier start times so all my shifts do not finish at 10pm.

I still feel betrayed and let down by Walmart & their shareholders. Because over Christmas, Walmart and Asda still would of made more money on a monthly basis compared to say Waitrose, John Lewis and M&S. Yet compared to them the bonus is how should I put this, not worth it to the point that Walmart might as well not give anyone any bonuses if companies like the three discribed would of given a part timer for example a higher bonus most likely in the region of 3-8% depending on hours of course. As well as those three giving an acceptable bonus to everyone who works for them, another thing that gets me down for working in such job for a pants salary is I still have to work on Christmas Eve & Boxing Day if it falls on my work days.

While the other three mentioned are happy to close on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and maybe News Year Eve/Day. Now why do I bring this up for when asking for help. As I carry on struggling for money that will affect my retirement age/fund I feel as if my future is secure. And to me that means every day is dragging to the point that I want a better future. But since I am having issues finding a better job with slightly more hours & better shift patterns/start times. Along with a higher hourly rate & more chances to get better bonuses over a range of periods or just Christmas time I need to get a better job within the next 6 months. Or life will drag to the point that it might affect other stuff like getting out of bed on time during my days off and at work.

As well as maybe increasing my chances to maybe find the perfect partner seeing how I have never had a girlfriend, which is something everyone tries to experience in life. Now with those thoughts out of the way it is time to wrap this up so here goes. If you guys have any links, contacts, ideas as well as tips on what new skills could be easily learned by anyone to improve their career chances then please post. Because at the time as I get ready to bed I am dreading yet another day at work. Even some of my bosses keep bugging with such words like what's wrong. Yet if I tell them the truth, then what is to say one will take any words I may utter in the wrong way and try to get rid of me or keep forcing me to keep my same old rubbish hours.

While at home my father won't want me around forever seeing how my parents will want to retire somewhere in a nice region in a house that only they live in. And yet if they kept me around it would most likely see an increased rent on a bi-weekly or weekly basis I cannot afford. But while my mother knows money is an issue my father will not care about that if he finds a way to get me out of the house. Plus my father also sees me as the main failure in his life unlike my brother who has his own house and family. So due to these fears and maybe hope someone might save me one day. Please guys if you know anyone, ways or websites/emails I can use to maybe get a job I would be happy to get out of bed for. Then please let me know in the near future.

And before anyone suggests YouTube. I have tried that on my own, even if it would be fab to maybe retry it with another person or group of people. Yet if someone did have a good idea for a group channel then I would be willing to try to help out since having a good paying career in media is something that would change my life for the better. Either way I hope who ever replies to the job plea bit has some good ideas or suggestions. Because if nothing improves for me over the next few months, it will most likely result in me having problems looking at myself in the mirror once again.

Originally Posted by: Sergi01978 Go to Quoted Post
This is gorgeous

Cheers

Edited by user Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:43:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#345 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:49:28 PM(UTC)
Pebb,

First of all, I just want to say your work is AMAZING. But that's not why I am responding. I read your latest post. Maybe I won't have anything to say that is helpful to you but I do genuinely hope I can help. It sounds like you're having a hard time figuring things out. The first thing I would suggest is take a deep breath man. I'm not sure a forza forum is the best place to post this, not because it is inappropriate but because not many people would respond to that. No one has life figured out perfectly, I can tell you that from personal experience. But life can be amazing if you let it and look in the right places, no matter your situation wether that be financial or not. Don't focus on your work first, focus on your passions. I will tell you that by looking at your work you have some mad talent at photography/editing. If that's something you love, pursue it (wether that be for work or not). Do the things you love to do and that make you happy. As far as work goes, if you hate it and its making you miserable, then get out. Try to put a positive spin on it, try approaching your days differently if possible. I don't have much but I am blessed every single day because I have a roof over my head and food on the table. Wether you believe in God or not I can tell you that he loves you (no matter your beliefs) and that he has a plan for you. Don't lose sight of what you love. Take every day with a positive spin and be thankful for what you have, no matter what that is. I'm not saying you aren't thankful or are doing life wrong I am simply pointing out a different way of approaching things.
#346 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:01:29 PM(UTC)
I'm going to be as fair as I can with this reply, though unfortunately there are a parts within my reply below that just need to be said, so while I apologise if I upset you, I make no apologies for saying it.

Starting off with the photo side of things. It seems to me that you've hit a huge mental block when it comes to the photo-mode, which is fine as it happens to all of us. The best thing to do is leave the photo mode completely for a month or so and then when you return with a fresh mind and fresh ideas, you'll be able to start achieving better results again. As for the features, I think what we have is plenty already. Forza has the best photo of any racing game I've played (Forza / Gran Turismo / Driveclub). The possibilities are endless with the Forza photomode, so it would be much better to continue finding new ways to fully utilise the photo mode with some styles you may not have tried in the past. Whining about what isn't or what could have been doesn't really achieve much.

As far as the situation regarding debug commands goes, aside from your attack on it and the people who use it, I really don't see what the fuss is about. If people want to use the debug, then great. If people don't want to see the debug then skip out those threads. As for the comments. GT Planet has always been funny in that sense, but you still have a steady stream of feedback here. Another thing that may be driving people away from your gallery is posts like the one above which seem to be a recurring thing throughout every Forza game in your galleries. As I've said before, spilling personal dramas onto the forums always ends bad. I would know... I've been there when I had that mental breakdown a few years back. From reading your posts of this nature in recent months, it seems that you've got a lot going on mentally, and while I'm extremely empathetic when it comes to it all, I must stress that the best possible thing for you to do is speak about it with people you trust in private, or see a counsellor. You've posted some quite personal details about yourself recently. While you may not care at the moment, your personal life should stay personal on the forums as you'll only come to regret speaking about it down the line... I know I most certainly did.

I'd strongly suggest you take some time away from the forums to focus on the things that are important right now so that you can improve your health. There will always be a community to come back to, but right now it seems to me that you're in a very dark place and getting past this is what's important.

#347 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:07:12 PM(UTC)
Building off of what I said I agree with Hackikata. Take a step back from everything in your life. Decide what is most important to you and what you enjoy the most. Focus on that. Come back to forza, if you want, when you're ready. We will all be here to support you in this time. Good luck with everything
#348 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:15:42 PM(UTC)
Thanks for all the support. Anyway while I would love to leave my job at Asda tomorrow, there is one problem. If I don't have a job lined up as soon as I quit it will mean money becomes more on an issue to the point that it will eat into my small savings. Yet do the governements do enough for the human race and the answer is no. Because while they are happy to let sports stars, movie stars and royal people earn silly money as well as being taxed only a small amount that their income really isn't effected.

Everyone else below them struggles one way or another. But one way the human race could advance is if they stopped taxing normal people and went after the rich folk. While not increasing house prices & bills every year that more people struggle or become homeless. Yet in the end this will not happen just like how we will be left on this planet if a range of things threatened it. While if a nuclear war broke out the wrong people would be saved by going underground.

What is happening with my current DB11 shots

Just to be safe I will release a few of my current shots on Monday. So if I retire for years at a time or months, then at least they will not go to waste. And while I am giving up with future Photomode contests either for the time being or permanently it will not stop me entering one last time just in case I never return to future contests.

Related to future job prospects

Now here is where you can help guys. If any of you have any sites, phone numbers, emails or know if anyone who could help me, then please let me know. But what jobs would J be interested in going for. Well first Media/Photography or Film would be up my street. And while I haven't taken tons of shots at any events for 4-7 years there is a chance any ideas might need to be in my reach with or without training. Along with anything media wise another thing that could interest me is anything food wise and no I am not talking about minimum wage jobs since I want a future where getting out of bed would be a joy.

Not a struggle to the point that I fall back to sleep. Or I would to leave this universe. Right with those out of the way here are two things that would never be within my reach so here goes. First I would love to get an acceptable paying job in sports. Yet since my eyes are not the same anymore that would limit my choices. Next up something engineering or science wise is a long shot. But since I do not have a strong IQ it looks like a one way trip to another planet or moon is out of reach, just like how YouTube is out of my reach since I only have a face a mother could love. Plus since my speech patterns are all over the place. As well as me struggling to keep drool in my mouth when I focus at times, that means being on camera might never happen.

Anyway there goes guys. Right with that said let's end it on these final thoughts. Tomorrow afternoon I will try to get two people I miss deeply on PSN back on my friends list by asking one of my most trusted friends to get in contact with the people who removed me. As well as one blocking me. But why do I want them back. Well first the banter and team work is something I miss. Plus they meant so much to me that first part of me died inside from the pain of losing them. Even days after they removed me I cried a few nights as well as dreaming about them. Even their voices and quotes are still in my head a year and a half after losing them.

Yet no matter how hard I tried to get through to one of them they just believe I have a heart made of rock no matter how kind I am to them. From saying how much they mean to me since they would be defended by me if someone tried to shoot them. As well as giving both gifts. Yet months after they received them, they joked about it on a message board. And while some people will say they aren't my friends. Deep down I know they are good people.

Edited by user Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:17:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#349 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:48:18 PM(UTC)
I can suggest looking at staffing agencies that specializes in creative/digital/marketing/freelance/etc. This is something that I've been doing.

It may not guarantee you a full time position, but it's something to build upon overtime which will eventually lead to a full time role someplace else. And without a doubt, you should see your wages increase significantly.
#350 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:31:35 AM(UTC)
You seem to have thanked us for the advice but then completely ignored any advice that was given.

Pebb, you cannot keep on like this. Take a break from here, clear your head, talk to a counsellor and move on from there.. There is very little any of us can do, especially if any advice given is ignored.

Edited by user Monday, February 27, 2017 2:42:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

18 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error