2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:49:33 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

Yesterday we posted a new content update alongside the Playseat Car Pack. Here's a rundown of the big improvements made to the game with this CU:

Gameplay
• Six new Horizon Edition cars have been added to Wheelspins.

General Improvements
• When in Drone Mode there is now an option to stabilize the camera when stationary. This will halt the roving camera movement of the drone (Xbox One and Windows).
• Fixed an issue where PC players with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9 (including multiple monitors) could not navigate the map correctly in the Blizzard Mountain expansion (Windows).

Wheel Support
• Added a maximum pre-rendered frames option to the graphics menu to address input delay on PC when locked at 30fps. This option allows players to choose how many frames the graphics card can queue up in advance. Lowering this value will reduce input delay, while increasing it may affect game performance. It is recommended that players choose 1 pre-rendered frame when playing at locked 30 framerate or 3 pre-rendered frames when playing at an unlocked framerate.

Thanks,
Brian

Edited by user Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:51:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 11:07:23 AM(UTC)
Did you plan toadd th8a shifter support?
 6 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:59:24 PM(UTC)
Hi,

Thanks for this update but...

What about fullscreen problem at startup ? Fps drops at some point ? Online stability ? Stuttering in Surfers Paradise ?
One month for 2 fixes, seriously ?.... Oh yes, I forgot that only DLC are important for you, sorry.

Well, nearly 5 months since release and always the same... That said, don't expect me to buy any of your games later...... and I enjoy everyone here to do the same, only to teach you what is consumer's respect.

Have a nice day anyway,

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:00:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:08:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TittouneT Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

What about fullscreen problem at startup ? Fps drops at some point ? Online stability ? Stuttering in Surfers Paradise ?
One month for 2 fixes, seriously ?.... Oh yes, I forgot that only DLC are important for you, sorry.

Well, nearly 5 months since release and always the same... That said, don't expect me to buy any of your games later...... and I enjoy everyone here to do the same, only to teach you what is consumer's respect.

Have a nice day anyway,

FPS drops happen in a lot of games, especially open world games. Stuttering might be an issue on your config since I haven't had any and always get 60+FPS in Surfers Paradise and 90-120ish fps everywhere else.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:17:56 PM(UTC)
No, not like that.
I have no issue with any other game at all... Forza 6 Apex at first is really smooth. The Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed, GT A5, Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry Primal... All these games run pretty well.

Horizon 3 runs well at first look, solid 60 fps @1440p/Ultra BUT sometimes, at some points of the map (tramway, wrecks...), it suddendly drops to 20,10,5 fps during a few seconds and go back directly to 60. I tried everything.... but anything works. Game is installed on a M550 256 GB SSD, not a 1997's hard drive.

The only fix that seems to work according some feedbacks is disabling CPU Core 0 but if you do it on Core i5, it's even worse than before (game needs 4 cores at least)... It might works with i7 processors but I won't buy an i7 for only one game. It is up to the developer to take corrective action, not my wallet..... and I've been waiting for 5 months.

So now : Enough.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:18:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:25:36 PM(UTC)
Hey devs,

Here is a video I did to show you by A+B how bad is your game, how broken it is.

It shows an obvious lack of optimization. In fact, the game have serious memory leak and a BROKEN VRAM management. This issue destroy totally the experience and I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiment this.

Watch the whole video, you will learn something to fix for the next month...

Memory Leak VRAM Bad Optimization - Forza Horizon 3 PC

===> VIDEO <===

PS: I have the last version of Windows 10 and the Nvidia driver is 378.49

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:04:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:51:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Conenubi701 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Have a nice day anyway,

FPS drops happen in a lot of games, especially open world games. Stuttering might be an issue on your config since I haven't had any and always get 60+FPS in Surfers Paradise and 90-120ish fps everywhere else.

FPS drops happen in a lot of games, especially poorly optimized ones. You see what I did there?

Just because you don't have issues doesn't mean there's not an issue... I hate when people are like, "well, it runs fine for me... It can't possibly be the game, because it works just fine for me."... That's not the way the real world works.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:00:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Conenubi701 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Have a nice day anyway,

Yeah me too, but after few minutes the game start running like sh*t. Watch my video you'll understand that is nothing about spec but about the optimization of the game.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:08:26 PM(UTC)
There a issue, this is aint normal than my friend that has a better system than mine got worse perfomance than me and cant even think about 4k while on my system it is at 60 fps at 4k (except the usual and unsolved fps drops in SP).
BTW i got bigger fps drop at 1080p than at 2160p, how can it be possible? Because Forza...

Heres Both pc specs,

mine: 3570k to 4.6ghz, 16gb 2400mhz, zotac amp gtx1070, game on raid0 array of ssds,

my friend, i7 6700k at 4.8ghz, 64gb 3200mhz, zotac gtx1080 game on a raid array of 3 ssds)

He got the game in november and based on his gaming history he manage to play only 30ish hours
30 painfull hours of sttutering and messing with settings
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:31:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Yesterday we posted a new content update alongside the Playseat Car Pack. Here's a rundown of the big improvements made to the game with this CU:

Gameplay

General Improvements
• When in Drone Mode there is now an option to stabilize the camera when stationary. This will halt the roving camera movement of the drone (Xbox One and Windows).
• Fixed an issue where PC players with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9 (including multiple monitors) could not navigate the map correctly in the Blizzard Mountain expansion (Windows).

Wheel Support
• Added a maximum pre-rendered frames option to the graphics menu to address input delay on PC when locked at 30fps. This option allows players to choose how many frames the graphics card can queue up in advance. Lowering this value will reduce input delay, while increasing it may affect game performance. It is recommended that players choose 1 pre-rendered frame when playing at locked 30 framerate or 3 pre-rendered frames when playing at an unlocked framerate.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, why is a graphics update paragraph under a "Wheel Support" heading? Are you guys on the verge of releasing some updated wheel support patches? You guys know many of us are patiently waiting for better wheel support (Thrustmaster TH8A shifter support, Fanatec wheel support, second peripheral support (fanatec handbrake anyone?), better custom button mapping support and the ability for the game to remember your wheel setting/profile saves. Please let us know if/when we can expect some or any of this. I think that is a fair question, don't you?

Thanks

Gil

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:32:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:42:04 PM(UTC)
FYI, I noticed and appreciated that the dev team fixed the d pad navigation in map on for the Thrustmaster TX wheel sporting a 599 rim.

Thanks!!
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:47:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: racerg46 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Gameplay

General Improvements

Wheel Support

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, why is a graphics update paragraph under a "Wheel Support" heading? Are you guys on the verge of releasing some updated wheel support patches? You guys know many of us are patiently waiting for better wheel support (Thrustmaster TH8A shifter support, Fanatec wheel support, second peripheral support (fanatec handbrake anyone?), better custom button mapping support and the ability for the game to remember your wheel setting/profile saves. Please let us know if/when we can expect some or any of this. I think that is a fair question, don't you?

Thanks

Gil

Amen. I ll second that and btw it is really well asked, nice choice of words
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:43:35 PM(UTC)
thanks for new update

now game runs stunning well and fps increased at least 10~15 by this patch ( only in surfer paradise " bus stationary " fps dropping get it down to 58 but it's ok ) .
now i'm able to change the shadow low to medium , turn on blur on medium and change static geometry medium to high !
and other setting is already ultra !

its a big improvement and i can feel ,

keep it up !
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:44:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GainedMouse728 Go to Quoted Post
Hey devs,

Here is a video I did to show you by A+B how bad is your game, how broken it is.

It shows an obvious lack of optimization. In fact, the game have serious memory leak and a BROKEN VRAM management. This issue destroy totally the experience and I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiment this.

===> VIDEO <===

The GTX 970 has some particular memory architecture with 3500 MB of "fast memory" and 512 MB of "low memory". Maybe your problem (or a part) is here (game is not optimized, I agree).
Mine is different.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:54:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:57:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GainedMouse728 Go to Quoted Post
Hey devs,

===> VIDEO <===

The GTX 970 has some particular memory architecture with 3500 MB of "fast memory" and 512 MB of "low memory". Maybe your problem (or a part) is here (game is not optimized, I agree).
Mine is different.

I don't think so. When the 500MB "low memory" is full, the game still run good (I have 60fps most of the time). If you saw the video, you noticed that 96% of the VRAM is used and the game runs good.
The problem is, when the game reach the limit, the VRAM consumption get retract like a snail antenna and stay like that for the rest of the game, and this cause serious bad performance.
Rise of the Tomb Raider for example use 98% of VRAM and stay like that during the whole session. No bug, no drops, no stutterings.

The GTX 970 is the most using card in the PC gaming world according the statistic of Steam. Hope the devs will fix this major issue cause' the game is juste unplayable at this point.
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:23:22 AM(UTC)
I hope, as mentioned above, the framerate lows truly have been dealt with (eg surfers tram station).
I find it pretty dodgy when a long written comment by myself listing a bunch of serious issues with regards to optimising the game to run well on xbone (and purposefully poorly on PC) (decoding encrypted textures on the main core as an example - the framerate drops before the tram station...)

I am a PC tech for twenty plus years, with twenty five years experience with gaming systems (my profession).
I have benched this game on on myriad of monitors and cards (both red and green), with a range of processor and RAM speeds, at a range of resolutions and so many settings.
It is pretty easy to see the effort here was to get the console game out, and *for bullet point purposes only* (xbox games CAN be played on PC), allow it on PC (but only if you buy the Xbox version!, and download 50gb for extra xbox contact hours - the metric used to compete with PS4 sales(!)).

To be fair a relatively early patch for PC made SSD drives not take minutes and minutes to load a replay, and a long load AGAIN to redo the same replay. This gave me hope that we would eventually see PC performance in line with EVERY OTHER GAME.

This game is a pure highlight of the worst of PC gaming.
It is intended to make us buy an xbox.. certainly to make the xbox look like it punches above its' weight.
If Xbox had supported a range of wheels (not force new purchases) this might have even been a consideration..

I certainly will NOT buy anything Microsoft, nor install any of their apps (including messenger for fbook) on ANY device, and will always take any alternative to a Microsoft product..

That aside it is odd that my previous post with regards to tuning and optimising this game (an oxymoron) even though it adhered to all forum rules, never made it up...(when other post did)

Given I run every game on my PC at either ultra or high between 75fps to 120fps.. This game has many many settings that are inconsistant with their performance hits,.. certainly vs EVERY OTHER PC GAME.

This game, whilst perhaps not intentionally crippled, was certainly optimised for bandwidths that do not exist in the PC space,.. and a low texture pack that is greater than 3Gb would suggest an attempt to hurt PC rendering capability (given greatest market percentages of cards have 2-3Gb , at least it is a horrible job with textures given modern cards have all sorts of optimisations for helping bandwidth limitations.

It really has been built for a system with 8Gb of shared RAM, with a different architecture to modern PCs'. Sure the ESRAM needs be utilised on the XBone to help it.. but to tailor it so that PC performance is tanked is silly.. If by now the PC version was righted I would let this go.. That a hinted memory leak (mentioned above) or a bandwidth limitation is affecting things so badly with no attempt to correct this.. What is going on?

For the record - I even dropped regular Win 10 and went fast ring developers to try out GAME MODE. (Nil performance improvement on my watercooled i7 (3770K)- though admittedly I disable core 0, all background processors and set affinity to 'LOW' (very odd)).
Using a range of tweaks I CAN get the game stable above 40FPS everywhere.. and generally closer to 75 in most places.. but I have to run stupidly low settings just to smooth out this odd title.
Recall I said every other game on my system is generally at ultra everything at top frame rates *no drops* (BF1 75-120fps, The Witcher (including hairworks) at 50-60fps).
Tweaking gaming rigs is something I am really good at..
This game?

This game will allow some nice boardroom slides showing performance increases in GAME MODE, and will have many people adopting Win 10 super youbeaut edition later this year. Nice one microsoft!

Now-
Everytime a new update.. it 'reoptimises my system' (the only time all my cores get loaded by this game, yippee, except stable overclocks seems to trip up here.. as if an intentional thing!)
I am not a fan of having to redo my custom settings each time, as it takes me awhile to figure out the best comprimises.

Oddly the game runs great at near to ultra at high frame rate. Except for inconsistant minimum frame deliver, and judders.
Even with a stack of LOW settings the inconsistant low framerate and judders is the real issue.
The missus has seen me throw $800 in upgrades (smooth in every other game) and still watches every alternating start of this game prove an unplayable mess (with very meagre settings selected).
In fact I even have to reset my monitor half the time to realign FREESYNC (only for this title).

This is the worst PC game release (from a performance perspective) I have seen in many years, and should be pressed harder than Civ6 ever was!

This needs to be righted. Developers need to address texture memory size.
It is crazy how 'soft' low textures are vs how much memory they take up. This does support the above commentors statement about a memory leak. Personally I think some crazy shuffling is going on to creat some gnarly bottlenecks.. but my job as a consumer isn't to have to diagnose this stuff, nor repost the specifics that need to be addressed. I just gave them my money, and for that I should receive products and services of fair and merchantable value. (this game is BORDERLINE).

Anyhow- new patch, game won't start.
Read about this two days ago. Kept checking the game if it needed to update (as previous updates have proven to be 50Gb, and we cannot backup the game files (mine are split between a few windows directories, and have on two occaisions made me reinstall windows, as fixing bodged Store downloads isn't worth the time if Windows is Dev mode version (trail) anyway).

Can't believe after two days of this issue being known, that my download (in the background without the game being started or running, against my wishes, caught me out -it was saying demo/trial period expired or something silly.. ), when it finally was offered in my area of the world.. has once again left me without the game..

Now I don't want to say 'conspiracy' to hurt PC version.. but.. why is again my game borked?

Would be nice to know if they really have improved the low frame rate points/CPU bottlenecking! (and my i7 easily goes to 5.2Ghz, yet I run at 4.5Ghz which is stable and cool even in Intel Burn Tests(well not COOL)).

Anyhow new patch crashes back to desktop after first black screen.. Remind me: this IS a Microsoft GAME yes?
Direct X12 only to force Win 10? Where is there anything to show that the PC version has been considered? C'mon that SSD thing and the replays showed that there has been zero love for PC.
But the console version is out now/so time to get it right!

#17 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:33:15 AM(UTC)
So they havent improved cpu and memory utilization so the game still runs poorly. Now, I'm getting random crashes in-game which I never once had and they still haven't fixed the terrible input lag when being forced to lock the game to 30fps. Brilliant update guys, job well done.
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:58:22 AM(UTC)
There are also fixes to the 1992 Toyota Supra and Honda S2000CR that people have noticed, but were not documented by PG/T10. Is it possible to include asset fixes in the change notes going forward?
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 10:04:33 AM(UTC)
Why is there still no fix for core 0 @ 100% huh? this is a damn joke
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:12:24 PM(UTC)
The good news is this update is a performance improver!

Doing my typical 'surfers tram run' (probably done more than 400laps of this zone which makes my digital experience surpass my real life experience by a large factor), I can finally hold frame rates above 40 (my freesync low, and therefore my acceptable cutoff point)(stockholm syndrome really)..
I have bumped a few settings up and my frame rate is generally 48 at its low point, and operating its typical 67-72 for 95% of the time. Not through surfers.. but ~60fps mostly is fine with the settings I am running (mostly high with 8xMSAA).

I would say this is the game that should have LAUNCHED.

Anyone with crashes to desktops on second screen of game (the one indicating it is a Microsoft product), just uninstall and redownload. (I tested twenty other options first... reinstall was what it wanted!)

Well done team Forza.
Hopefully we haven't sacrificed visual acuity for a false performance game.. further testing needed- but from what I saw, albeit with a few judders on take off, was an improved title and better driving experience.

EDIT:Turns out we have! Any posts I make highlighting reduced draw distances, shadow update speeds etc will not be allowed on the board. This is one of the worst ways a company can silence actual useful contributors. Tech reviewers and benchmarkers who know what they are doing and make succinct suggestions on how to improve a title (which is something I have done PROFESSIONALLY) and my posts are not even allowed up even when they adhere to all forum rules. DODGY

Edited by user Monday, February 27, 2017 6:29:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:54:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Napkinalamoutar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: racerg46 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Gameplay

General Improvements

Wheel Support

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks

Gil

Amen. I ll second that and btw it is really well asked, nice choice of words

Thanks Napkinalamoutar, greatly appreciated. To my mind, calm, respectful discussion has a better chance of being heard and responded to.

I will also pile on with RezaRZ1983 to say I feel and appreciate the latest patch performance updates. Thanks Playground/Turn10!! I now have a locked 60fps everywhere except the bus station in the center of surfers and that is awesome! Running 60 VSync, Ultra settings on an ultrawide monitor @ 2560X1080 with a GTX1070 OC'd, a 6600K clocked @ 4.6Ghz and 16GB of DDR4 @ 3200.

Interestingly, I just saw on YouTube guys modding the Dev build of FH3 including support for the TH8A Shifter and a hydraulic handbrake, so I now know this is possible in game. Also FOV adjustments... Wow!!! Just wondering what the hold up at Playground/Turn10 is? Here's hoping they hear us and put some or all of these features to the top of their priority list =)
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:20:28 PM(UTC)
Please fix corrupt file error or pay back money
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:13:45 PM(UTC)
Tested with 36 FPS lock with the value on 1, input lag seems not to be there, feels like im playing with 48fps, maybe it was before the patch too.

sadly i still must force the game to 36 to play, with 48 fps i cant hold it on high, need to play on low, i dont want to.

thanks for the patch notes, its great to see them again!
#24 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 12:02:22 AM(UTC)
hey all,

this latest patch has once again rendered my game useless, its telling me my trial period has ended and I need to purchase (wtf?) the MS store tells me theres a problem and I need to re-install.

the game is 60gb!! this would now be the 3rd time ive had to download it, it would take a solid 4 days to download IF no one else in my house needed to use the internet, which they do so realistically its a week long exorcise and for all I know it could be one I will be doing again on the next update.

Ive tried every fix, every work around everytime this happens.. trust me the thought of having to download it again is depressing. when I first bought the game it took 2 WEEKS! before it worked. constant problems with the download restarting, freezing, stopping. This and spintires are pretty much the only games I play so when I updated my pc specifically for forza, bought g27 and playseat etc only to be left with problem after problem.

I know theres nothing you can do (send me an install disc lol) and complaining is pointless but its just got to that point where the disappointment and stress thats come with it are starting to cast a dark shadow over the fact that this is probably one of the best games ever made.

Its just so god dam disappointing, and its not about the money its just knowing that yesterday I had the best game ever and now I have a weeks wait atleast before I can see it again.

1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 3:47:01 AM(UTC)
Hey, nice job!! After this update game doesnt start! Running well before the patch ..
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error