#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:35:43 PM(UTC)
Hey Forum!
Been a long time since I have used this!

I should introduce myself, I am TandemMountain a former competition drifter from the old Forza Motorsport 2, 3, 4 and a bit of 5 days! Since dropping the competitive teams although I was not in the most well known ones the only team I can associate myself with that is relatively well known would be the godfathers, "TGF" back in the day, I have been casually drifting ever since in forza motorsport 6 andForza Horizon 2. I picked up Forza Horizon 3 on release date and have been drifting solo ever since and have just noticed today despite how fun it is, I have been drifting solo for a long time and have just recently started back online again. After drifting circles around a couple of "I can drift in AWD kids," I have noticed how much I have missed the REAL drifting community.

So what im trying to say is, if you are an Australian based drifter or somebody close enough by so that we can actually tandem drift without lag smashing the hell out of one another whilst trying to get door to door please hit me up and feel free to add me!

Also as a side note I used to do a bit of drift teaching back in the day, so if you are an "I can drift in AWD kid/adult," feel free to add me too so long as your local and I can show you how it's done since FH3 is basically one of the easiest games to learn how to drift in properly and start to learn the manual with clutch dynamics!

Anyway guys feel free to add me!
GT: TandemMountain
However make sure you attach a message of some description to make sure I add you cos adds without a message will not be added.

Cheers,
/--M
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:34:02 PM(UTC)
I will add you but I have to start by... I don't understand the mechanics of drifting. I can use my ebrake or accidentally slide but I can't for the life of me do it on purpose.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:07:09 PM(UTC)
No problem can help you with that.
#4 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 11:50:15 PM(UTC)
OK, for the longest time I tried drifting, could barely get 1 star and essentially gave up on it in Forza 5 my first game in the series. In Forza 6 I got a bit better with right car and track, especially once I learned how to drive without assists. Horizon 2 I had more success and once again with the right car or with practice I've completed all the drift challenges (barely)

NOTE: In these first games I did not use drift tunes. I did manage to tweak my race/road tunes enough that with the right car I could drift enough to get by.

With the first Horizon now backward compatible on XBox One I've played it and easily completed the drift challenges.

Well in Horizon 3 at first I was ready to give up on getting 3 stars in the drift zones. Even with tweaking my regular tunes to give them oversteer I generally I only got 3 stars on the easiest Drift Zones. However, I've now learned how to build decent drift tunes by using a combination of online tools and my own skills improving at tuning. I think I have a LONG way to go but am making progress and now am managing to get 3 stars on the Drift Zones. I've finished the Drift Zones on Blizzard Mountain and will likely finish the ones in the main game this week.

Some I'm exceeding the 3 Star level by a fair margin but most I'm just squeaking by. With the dam traffic in private sessions It's taking at least a half dozen tries to get the 3 Stars. However many times it's taking FAR more time. With the more powerful cars, on some zones I have to use traction control and manual transmission with no other assists. Sometimes I can go back to no assists, but I'm not consistent.

I've tried other people's drift tunes and they don't seem to work for me.

What I would like is having someone that can actually drift properly, try my tunes. If they are OK, that eliminates one area of improvement and then I can focus on learning to drift, rather than fiddling with the tunes. They are generally AWD drift tunes, however, if they are OK, I'll keep practicing and then switch to RWD tunes using the same formula.

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2017 11:52:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#5 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:05:44 AM(UTC)
add me up ill drift whenever im online, in a drift team but has kinda been disbanded now
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:28:21 AM(UTC)
Great to see some responses and plenty added however need to actually get into a session with you guys last person I tried to invite ignored all of them!

Notification

Icon
Error