64 Pages<<5657585960>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1426 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:20:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Is it just that the majority of you who are going nuts over this are not adults and don't know how the world works? Mistakes happen, things don't go as planned. You aren't owed anything. If your life is so easy going that not getting a car on a video game is one of the biggest issues in it consider yourself lucky.
And it is not even a car as we already have it. It is just a different paint. Geez. Chill out people.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1427 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:20:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Is it just that the majority of you who are going nuts over this are not adults and don't know how the world works? Mistakes happen, things don't go as planned. You aren't owed anything. If your life is so easy going that not getting a car on a video game is one of the biggest issues in it consider yourself lucky.


While I agree with you for the most part, there have been a LOT of mistakes lately...

and not necessarily small ones...
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1428 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:23:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Is it just that the majority of you who are going nuts over this are not adults and don't know how the world works? Mistakes happen, things don't go as planned. You aren't owed anything. If your life is so easy going that not getting a car on a video game is one of the biggest issues in it consider yourself lucky.
And it is not even a car as we already have it. It is just a different paint. Geez. Chill out people.



This is why I'm not overly obsessed with it. It is a different car in name and livery only, and the livery can be found all over the place from various designers.

Did I do the races for the challenge? Yep. Did it take a lot of time? Yep.

Did I enjoy it? Yep, rally cars and races are fun to me.

Is my game experience any different without this car? Nope. All the races I did for it were career exhibition races I needed to do anyway, so I wasn't going out of my way to do the challenge.

The only thing it affects is my ability to collect every car, which I didn't plan on doing anyway, but since this is a unicorn its an exception. As long as it comes eventually I'll be able to obtain it somehow.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:24:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#1429 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:28:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
They did use the word apologise in Week in Review. But I am sure people will find something wrong with how many characters they used to spell the word or something else.


Certainly since many a person who frequent this site can't even spell it themselves.

(And this critisism is coming from a finnish person)


The word apologise is spelt differently in some English speaking countries.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:35:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1430 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:33:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post


I see what you're saying, but if you look back through this thread, you'll see that what really is frustrating many of the users here is T10's "we took your time, didn't deliver, but will happily take your time again at a later date" response to the issue. And I have no problem with those that harbour that complaint. T10/PG/MS/whatever messed this up, and are doing very little at the moment to fix it. Sometimes -- well, often -- a bad apology is worse than no apology at all.


They actually said more in the stream the other day. It is not my place to speak for them which is why I have not said anything about it.

In short they are "trying" to do more about it than what they have said. They just don't want to commit to anything until they have tested possible solutions.


It's no good saying it in a stream that a lot of people don't watch. I'm getting rather annoyed at the various bits of information that gets said in these streams that doesn't make it's way to the forums.


I see a lot of people who post in here on the Forza Twitch and Beam streams. Mind you some of them I'd not see in both places due to their superiority complexes.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#1431 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:39:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WritesCode4Food Go to Quoted Post
I didn't get the car nor the 3 wheel-spins for the Stuntman, Snowman achievement!


You would have got 100,000credits instead of the 3 wheelspins (which ironically is probably more than the 3 wheelspins anyway)


That's only 2 wheelspins man. Wheelspins cost $50,000.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1432 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:09:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post


I see what you're saying, but if you look back through this thread, you'll see that what really is frustrating many of the users here is T10's "we took your time, didn't deliver, but will happily take your time again at a later date" response to the issue. And I have no problem with those that harbour that complaint. T10/PG/MS/whatever messed this up, and are doing very little at the moment to fix it. Sometimes -- well, often -- a bad apology is worse than no apology at all.


They actually said more in the stream the other day. It is not my place to speak for them which is why I have not said anything about it.

In short they are "trying" to do more about it than what they have said. They just don't want to commit to anything until they have tested possible solutions.


It's no good saying it in a stream that a lot of people don't watch. I'm getting rather annoyed at the various bits of information that gets said in these streams that doesn't make it's way to the forums.


I see a lot of people who post in here on the Forza Twitch and Beam streams. Mind you some of them I'd not see in both places due to their superiority complexes.


While that may be true, it's really something the people at T10 should be doing themselves.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1433 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:24:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
They did use the word apologise in Week in Review. But I am sure people will find something wrong with how many characters they used to spell the word or something else.


actually, thanks for pointing that out........I completely missed that somehow. Oooooppps, thats my mistake now lol.
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#1434 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:40:27 PM(UTC)
I checked the Week in Review on Twitch, and Brian Ekberg's explanation and apology was perfectly okay.

It should be put in a sticky post here until the matter is resolved. Had that been done Friday when the issue was realized, it would have saved a lot of us some unwanted weekend anger.

Because it's not about the car per se. It's about public relations for a game that people have spent upwards of US$150 on (depending on what you bought and where you live). A straightforward explanation and apology is all it takes while working on a potential fix.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1435 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:01:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
I checked the Week in Review on Twitch, and Brian Ekberg's explanation and apology was perfectly okay.

It should be put in a sticky post here until the matter is resolved. Had that been done Friday when the issue was realized, it would have saved a lot of us some unwanted weekend anger.

Because it's not about the car per se. It's about public relations for a game that people have spent upwards of US$150 on (depending on what you bought and where you live). A straightforward explanation and apology is all it takes while working on a potential fix.


The car will turn up eventually so it's not a problem apart from people feeling aggrieved about wasted time and effort, but seriously, how hard would it have been for T10/Mr Ekberg etc to type up a 1 minute post here. Not everyone wants to spend more (wasted) time watching a WIR twitch stream.

"We cocked up, we'll fix it but unfortunately you'll have to run an event again. Sorry folks"

There, 20 seconds.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1436 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:40:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
I checked the Week in Review on Twitch, and Brian Ekberg's explanation and apology was perfectly okay.

It should be put in a sticky post here until the matter is resolved. Had that been done Friday when the issue was realized, it would have saved a lot of us some unwanted weekend anger.

Because it's not about the car per se. It's about public relations for a game that people have spent upwards of US$150 on (depending on what you bought and where you live). A straightforward explanation and apology is all it takes while working on a potential fix.


So this post on Friday on the front page of the forum wasnt good enough

https://www.forzamotorsp...t/en-us/news/wir_1_6_17

Even if it was stickied no one reads them anyway as is obvious with all the constant repeating threads started on this forum
There's a FAQ thread plus other threads at the top of the forum that no one seems to bother reading too
No matter what they do people would not have been happy
You could sticky some posts 100 times and someone will still ask
Even if the message was sent in game people wouldnt read it like all the the news messages that obviously get ignored because people will come on here an complain they weren't told even though the messages were sent to everyone

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:50:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1437 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:20:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

So this post on Friday on the front page of the forum wasnt good enough

https://www.forzamotorsp...t/en-us/news/wir_1_6_17

[…]


The problem with the news post is that it's often not the place people look for this kind of info. When running into problems, people go to the forums to see if others are having it too. If the info was posted also in a sticky, locked thread here then it would help.

The news item also wasn't written as well as how Brian Ekberg, aka Mechberg, put it in the Week in Review stream. It didn't mention them trying to issue a fix if they can. The idea that they wouldn't bother with a fix is what riled a lot of us up. It gave the impression they don't care.

Mechberg however made it clear that they absolutely do care, and they are going to test a possible fix in addition to making the Subaru obtainable through future Forzathons. Again, public relations. Finding an answer to a problem should be as easy as possible.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1438 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:21:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
So this post on Friday on the front page of the forum wasnt good enough

https://www.forzamotorsp...t/en-us/news/wir_1_6_17


As a side note, no, that wouldn't be any good for some because

"YOUR BROWSER MAY BE PARTIALLY SUPPORTED OR NOT SUPPORTED. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR BROWSER TO ITS LATEST VERSION FOR THE BEST BROWSING EXPERIENCE ON FORZA MOTORSPORT.
Continue Anyway"

The site still continues to be not completely functional in MacOS10.12, and hasn't for months.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1439 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:51:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
So this post on Friday on the front page of the forum wasnt good enough

https://www.forzamotorsp...t/en-us/news/wir_1_6_17

The site still continues to be not completely functional in MacOS10.12, and hasn't for months.


Well that's your problem right there.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1440 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:51:51 PM(UTC)
My other point was that even if it was put in a sticky and posted at the top of this discussion forum,the xbone support forum and the pc support forum it would be ignored anyway due to people ignoring the stickied posts anyway as is proof by all the threads started on what is already covered in those already stickied threads
People dont read those first..they just start new threads because it is too easy (lazy) for them to do that rather than read them
They could put it in big giant highlights and it still would be ignored by a lot of people on here..it's just the way some people are

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:53:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1441 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:37:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Even if the message was sent in game people wouldnt read it like all the the news messages that obviously get ignored because people will come on here an complain they weren't told even though the messages were sent to everyone


You have to assume that because it hasn't been tried yet. The in game messaging gets used as a place for ads, but when there are problems, no in game messages. Instead, there's either no comment, or it's an easter egg hunt to find 'em. I've been playing Forza games from the beginning, and have been reading the forums here off and on for years, and I've never known that game problems might be acknowledged in the WIR. I don't read the WIR on a regular basis and when I have, it hasn't interested me ... so I never found this easter egg. But what about the vast majority of people that play the game but haven't been to this website? I might also add that even after all these years, I'm not sure if this is T10's site, a 3rd party site, who does or doesn't work for T10. Why? Because it's vague, like a lot of T10 communication. Is this really the place to be? On the phone, we're told to come here. When we're here, we get referred to an email but told not to expect a response. I see it regularly.

So, no, a blurb in the WIR is nowhere near good enough. It's a way to make a PR statements as quietly as possible without settling for the usual silence. There are business reasons to act like that, but I 'd argue that it's bad business. It's a hard business to get into, tho. Lucky them. If they really wanted to make the truth known to everyone affected, it would have been done in game. The ability to do that is already there, and the fact that it wasn't used is glaring. And I'm wondering what other rock I have to kick over to get the BM an January barn find bugs acknowleged (I heard rumor that the Sunbeam issue was acknowledged, but not since with the new finds). I haven't heard a peep about the drivatar lineup issue either. Yes, there are ridiculous complaints posted here on the regular, but there are a lot of valid ones that get ignored because T10 is habitually and intentionally nontransparent. Let's not talk falsely now.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:42:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#1442 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:55:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
I checked the Week in Review on Twitch, and Brian Ekberg's explanation and apology was perfectly okay.

It should be put in a sticky post here until the matter is resolved. Had that been done Friday when the issue was realized, it would have saved a lot of us some unwanted weekend anger.



[Announcement] thread pinned at the top of the forum: Troubleshooting, Bans, and updates from Twitter/News updated 5pm Eastern time Friday.
My FM.net FH2 threads and FM5 threads | ManteoMax.com spreadsheets | Forza Calendars
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1443 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:30:42 PM(UTC)
Idk if anyone else has noticed but the forzathon this weekend is all about cult classics including a 30% off sale. There's just a few problems with this: the most expensive cult classic is 150k(you have problems if you need them on sale), and the cover car for this weekend isn't even a cult classic. The Benz 280 SL shown is classed as a classic racer. Now the classic racers though have 12 cars that are 1 mil+ and 4 of them are 10 mil. Putting the classic racers on sale would make a lot more sense. I hope they fix it in favor of the classic racers.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1444 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:16:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
They did use the word apologise in Week in Review. But I am sure people will find something wrong with how many characters they used to spell the word or something else.


Certainly since many a person who frequent this site can't even spell it themselves.

(And this critisism is coming from a finnish person)


The word apologise is spelt differently in some English speaking countries.


I know that. My post had nothing to do with Eduardo's spelling but rather the common writing talent you see on these (and many other) forums.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1445 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:07:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
The news item also wasn't written as well as how Brian Ekberg, aka Mechberg, put it in the Week in Review stream. It didn't mention them trying to issue a fix if they can. The idea that they wouldn't bother with a fix is what riled a lot of us up. It gave the impression they don't care.

Mechberg however made it clear that they absolutely do care, and they are going to test a possible fix in addition to making the Subaru obtainable through future Forzathons. Again, public relations. Finding an answer to a problem should be as easy as possible.


This - via in-game message - would have been the best solution. Yes we got something wrong, yes we'll do what we can to fix it, and put that message under everyone's nose in-game. Granted there would still be some who didn't read it/didn't take it in and would post here, but they will always exist. But surely this would work for the vast majority rather than being left in the dark which clearly just breeds resentment?
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1446 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:36:50 AM(UTC)
The "best solution for players' side" has always been obvious for most. Do remember though things are never by slightest means the same from companies' points of views.

They just focus on how the negative news can be avoided from being wide spread so that reputation and sales can be retained. For those who already purchased they barely give a dam*.
This has always been the case including a certain money-greedy EA nowadays, bluntly admitted that they would stop updating/fixing their broken NFS 2015 "because the target no. of copies to be sold has been achieved" something like that.

It's pretty obvious that the lack of update info regarding the "Subaru" Forzathon was intentional. Not to mention the PC game crashes, which still retain on quite some hardware configurations, has never been mentioned once again as it's likely that they've already invested too much. 100% identical tactics from NFS series.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1447 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:06:10 AM(UTC)
Understood, but I can't helping thinking that the feeling created by non-communication is both negative and pretty strong, (personally I'm not too bothered). The FH3 players are their captive audience and an easy sell, so I would have thought it's in their interest to keep us happy... it's a lot cheaper and easier to sell to a satisfied customer than find a new one. Ironic too that an in-game communication channel has been created then not used at a time when it should be!
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1448 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:24:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thefancypance Go to Quoted Post
Idk if anyone else has noticed but the forzathon this weekend is all about cult classics including a 30% off sale. There's just a few problems with this: the most expensive cult classic is 150k(you have problems if you need them on sale), and the cover car for this weekend isn't even a cult classic. The Benz 280 SL shown is classed as a classic racer. Now the classic racers though have 12 cars that are 1 mil+ and 4 of them are 10 mil. Putting the classic racers on sale would make a lot more sense. I hope they fix it in favor of the classic racers.


I need to look into this because I just started a classic racer championship and wanted to buy a new car for it. Friggin Jaguar D-type goes for big money but it looks so sweet!

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1449 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:09:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Is it just that the majority of you who are going nuts over this are not adults and don't know how the world works? Mistakes happen, things don't go as planned. You aren't owed anything. If your life is so easy going that not getting a car on a video game is one of the biggest issues in it consider yourself lucky.
And it is not even a car as we already have it. It is just a different paint. Geez. Chill out people.



Unless you can get the #199 from the auction house without having the DLC, then everyone doesn't have it. Or at the very least, everyone doesn't have access to it.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1450 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:03:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PrplM3sNjetskis Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Is it just that the majority of you who are going nuts over this are not adults and don't know how the world works? Mistakes happen, things don't go as planned. You aren't owed anything. If your life is so easy going that not getting a car on a video game is one of the biggest issues in it consider yourself lucky.
And it is not even a car as we already have it. It is just a different paint. Geez. Chill out people.



Unless you can get the #199 from the auction house without having the DLC, then everyone doesn't have it. Or at the very least, everyone doesn't have access to it.


You cant buy dlc cars from the auction house unless you own the dlc..includes preorder cars too

People will just have to wait till the car is actually put in the game and is made available in a future forzathon


Or if so desperate to get the car they can purchase Blizzard Mountain for the #199 version..it's nothing special anyway

Edited by user Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:04:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

64 Pages<<5657585960>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error