This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:43:47 PM(UTC)
Hello Folks,

I have expansion and it's installed the option to go to blizzard mountain is on the menu but its all greyed out and locked, how do you go about unlocking it, how much of the game needs to be completed or where do I have to go to unlock it, please advise anyone.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:58:22 PM(UTC)
I just purchased the blizzard mountain expansion and haven't been able to get to it and I have been playing for a few hours now. I'm not that far into the game so maybe I have to do a few things to get it first. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:54:06 PM(UTC)
I'm having the same issue
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:23:14 PM(UTC)
Same here. You have to unlock the area around the airport apparently
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:32:55 PM(UTC)
Follow prompts from Kiera - complete the next race or stunt events, challenge the next Drivatar for your lineup, expand your Festival Sites and so on. Eventually you'll have unlocked the full menu and the Airport, at which point you should see the icon and be able to travel to the mountain.

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:03:40 PM(UTC)
Blizzard Mountain is also locked for us, but we've been playing and expanding festival sites for several weeks now. No Blizzard Mountain icon over the airport, and in the main game menu, selecting a locked option triggers a warning about needing an Xbox Live Gold account. Surely I don't have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to access an expansion that I've already paid for?
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:16:29 PM(UTC)
I have the expansion installed but it says I have to keep playing to unlock it.

My question is what needs to be done to unlock it? I wanna drive to that airport and drive my finely tuned Pagani in some snow!
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:24:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: d0x360 Go to Quoted Post
I have the expansion installed but it says I have to keep playing to unlock it.

My question is what needs to be done to unlock it? I wanna drive to that airport and drive my finely tuned Pagani in some snow!

What have you completed/not completed yet?
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:59:49 PM(UTC)
From what I've heard, to access the Blizzard Mountain expansion you need to have the Outback festival unlocked. I don't think the level matters, but if possible max it out.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:09:04 PM(UTC)
Keep playing the main game, it will be available once you unlock the game's 3rd festival site.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:29:41 PM(UTC)
Just go into manage game click install
AvailableBFF
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:34:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Keep playing the main game, it will be available once you unlock the game's 3rd festival site.

I unlocked the third festival site and 2 more hours of grinding last night, completed a tournament, exhibition, street races, PR stunts etc and it's still locked.

Either make it free or tell us what to do? I don't have time in my life for this run around. £16 and I'm penalized for having little spare time. Post some instructions here or patch out the lock. Again WE PAID FOR THIS!

Edit

I may have just upgraded a festival site

How do you unlock a third festival? What do you need to do anf how long does it take, not impressed at all here.

Edited by user Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:54:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:34:33 AM(UTC)
I'm deeply dissapointed! I don't mind paying for expansions (but GTA still wins this) but I'm really angry that i paid for an expansion and can't play it without completing further the game. It should be playable right away!!! Going to report and get a refund for this.
I love the forza series but this was a very bad choice...
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:27:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mandomojo Go to Quoted Post
Hello Folks,

I have expansion and it's installed the option to go to blizzard mountain is on the menu but its all greyed out and locked, how do you go about unlocking it, how much of the game needs to be completed or where do I have to go to unlock it, please advise anyone.

Hi,
I had the same problem when i bought the blizzard mountain expansion. I kept on playing the game without it untill i was given the choice to unlock my third festival. I unlocked the putback festival to level 1 and i inmediatly had blizzard mountain show up on my map at the airport. Everything works fine for me now and the update is great.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:11:39 PM(UTC)
Hi! I've downloaded the expansion on PC and updated the game. Blizzard tab amd loading screens appear, but when I go to the airport nothing appears. Should I have Outback in Level 5 or something else?
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:12:47 PM(UTC)
You have to have the Car Meet at the Airport unlocked as well, I believe.

If you have done that, try restarting your PC.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:36:53 PM(UTC)
Go to Apps & Games and menu click FH3, the select Manage Install and install the Expansion pack updated from there. You will have access to Blizzard Mountain once that installation is completed.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:39:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 8:36:37 AM(UTC)
It's Christmas morning and I just want to express my disappointment with Turn 10 and the Blizzard Mountain expansion for Forza Horizon 3.

I have owned every Forza game since the very first Forza and even the PGR games before Turn 10. I am a CASUAL gamer. I never complete the games, never even really been good at them but I love the cars, love the games, and if I have a bit of spare time I love to play them so I have spent the money on each and every game. My young son is car obsessed and at 8 years old has played several of the last few Forza games and currently loves collecting and just driving around in Forza Horizon 3. Earlier this week I paid for and downloaded the Blizzard Mountain expansion as a Christmas present to him to go along with a new Thrustmaster wheel and Playseat combo! The kid is in love this morning with the wheel and seat but to my disappointment I found out that the $20 expansion I already paid for isn't unlocked until at least the 3rd festival in the main game is unlocked.

We have unlocked 2 of the festivals and I know it won't take much more I assume to unlock another but how terribly disappointing we can't enjoy something we paid EXTRA for. This reminds me of the Forza 5 debacle when we were buying car packs but didn't get the cars until we paid for them in game with millions of dollars that us casual users didn't have. At least Turn 10 saw the light then. I'm sure I'll have Blizzard Mountain soon enough but Christmas is a little less fun when you discover paying extra to a game developer you have supported for years doesn't mean you actually get to play.

Reconsider this in the future.
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 12:04:30 PM(UTC)
I don't understand why it's so hard for people to get past this. You need to progress past a certain point to unlock every festival site, and blizzard mountain is just that, another festival site.

It won't even take you that long playing with your kid. It should be a fun challenge to tackle together to unlock it today!
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 12:21:13 PM(UTC)
I understand your view AbeRod0286. For me it comes down to this...

1. I saw no obvious indications that what I was buying also required a certain level of play in the main game before I could use it.

2. I am not aware (there may be others but I've never seen it) of any game expansion that costs money and then doesn't allow you to play it if you haven't completed some level of the main game. In game add-ons to things like Far Cry, GTA, etc. I can literally have never played the main game and play the expansion if I pay for it.

Bottom line is I find it bizarre that I paid money for something that I can't play at all. Sure I will be able to soon, but its just wrong.
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 12:30:01 PM(UTC)
Has anybody put out a definitive list of what's the minimum you need to do to unlock the BM expansion?
It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

#23 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 1:15:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post
Has anybody put out a definitive list of what's the minimum you need to do to unlock the BM expansion?

Its in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum
Just need to open the minimum of 3 festival sites
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 1:25:56 PM(UTC)
The weird thing I saw was my son's avatar beat me at Blizzard Mountain but he doesn't have access (only 2 festivals so far). He saw it and asked me why he is racing there but not allowed to go there.. I can't answer the question and explaining any big concept to a 5 year old doesn't stick that well. I can tear through his account and level him up, but It's a bit confusing that they allow someone who does not have access to Blizzard Mountain to appear in it.
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 1:32:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post

Its in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum
Just need to open the minimum of 3 festival sites

To be fair - It doesn't exactly leap out at you though does it?
It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error