9 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:48:25 AM(UTC)
Yeah I haven't got any of the participation prize cars yet, fm6 so cars were sent the week after a event had ended. Kinda irritating.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:52:56 AM(UTC)
copied from another forum

I don't understand why T10/PG can't just come out and say "the cars will be delivered xxxx." I mean, how hard is it, really? Don't they have community managers specifically for things like this? Or are we really supposed to think they are just winging and will get to things like this when they feel good and ready? Is there really a need for secrecy when the prizes have already been announced? I can possibly understand it for the real valuable prizes on the competitive side, but this is seriously just "send a car to everyone who's name is on the list."
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 3:16:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
So that means that just like last time, some will receive all of their prizes in one go, while others will be left in the dark for months on end, trying to contact people numerous times, only to eventually get them a long time later? All the while T10/PG will be completely silent about the issue? Got it, and duly noted not to bother taking part in these competitions ever again.
Spot on!

[rant]And yet, Microsoft and Turn 10 sure overly promote the weekly finals races. I've given up trying to count the number of times and places where I have been encouraged to tune in and watch....

Ah, no. If I have time on my hands, I will spend it playing the game, not watching someone else have a go.

For the last series the weekly cars were distributed in a timely manner, but I agree that we had to go to great lengths to get our DLC codes. This time around, we are not even getting our weeklycars (nor even the weekly notifications of how we did. Disappointing there as we needed proof of performance ie screen shots to receive the DLCs).

To say that I am not at all impressed with this whole set up is putting it mildly. [/rant]
#29 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
I haven't received any cars either. I did receive two Ford Raptors recently. I don't know why.

I've been busy at work recently and haven't had much time for racing. I made time to do the events but haven't checked the forums recently. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that hasn't received any cars yet. Maybe they will give all the cars out at the end of the championship. I'm fine with that but I would like some confirmation from Turn 10 about that.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 8:51:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JimB3 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't received any cars either. I did receive two Ford Raptors recently. I don't know why.

I've been busy at work recently and haven't had much time for racing. I made time to do the events but haven't checked the forums recently. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that hasn't received any cars yet. Maybe they will give all the cars out at the end of the championship. I'm fine with that but I would like some confirmation from Turn 10 about that.

One Raptor was a XB 15th anniversary gift that I think everyone received, and the other is a VIP version. If you can't see the paintjob in My Cars, get in one a load a tune or upgrade something and the glitch will be fixed.
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 8:53:39 PM(UTC)

I am not fine with that given the game will be dead by then.
I blame the ants.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:22:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post

I don't understand why T10/PG can't just come out and say "the cars will be delivered xxxx." I mean, how hard is it, really? Don't they have community managers specifically for things like this? Or are we really supposed to think they are just winging and will get to things like this when they feel good and ready? Is there really a need for secrecy when the prizes have already been announced? I can possibly understand it for the real valuable prizes on the competitive side, but this is seriously just "send a car to everyone who's name is on the list."

Apparently when you work as a community manager at Turn 10 your job is to play the game once a week on Twitch, you get to write a Week in Review article and post an article about an old car review. Sadly actually "managing the community" is not part of it.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:22:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post

Apparently when you work as a community manager at Turn 10 your job is to play the game once a week on Twitch, you get to write a Week in Review article and post an article about an old car review. Sadly actually "managing the community" is not part of it.

Over on Wurm Online they have 1 guy. One! Who works public relations, he often pops into ingame chats to talk to the community, regularly involves himself on the forums, and on top of that, writes the weekly news thread, and puts out patch notes for every single update.

Here, they surely have a huge PR department, yet they only do one of those things...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:29:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:47:07 AM(UTC)
Such negativity. Have a little faith. It will all get worked out. We will get our cars. We need to be patient.

I understand the frustration. I am a little frustrated too. I thought we would be getting the weekly cars immediately. However, I don't remember seeing that posted anywhere. All I saw was we would get the cars for the weeks we participated. The only thing about when is this on the ESL website.

Prizes may take up to 90 days to deliver though we will make best efforts to deliver prizes within 30 days following the Season 2 Grand Finals.

If we don't get the cars by 30 days after the series ends then something is definitely wrong. Since the series ends December 11th, I suspect we will get our cars before the holidays.

I'll be patient for now but I will start sharpening the pitchfork and preparing the tar and feathers (sarcasm).
 2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:01:50 AM(UTC)
I tend to be very patient, but this issue has pushed my patience to the limit.

No news, no confirmation that we participated each week that we will no doubt need to get our reward cars, given what many/most of us had to go through to get our DLCs from the last go.

I mean, really, (and I know I am dreadfully beating that dead horse), they manage to have time to communicate over and over in numerous social media sites as well as on our XBox console, about the urgency of registering for the newest race, and then continue to nag us about watching a few select racers compete in the finals.

Sorry, but this has gone beyond the ridiculous. The sign up procedure is overly complicated and not at all intuitive. The rules are vague at best. I really don't understand Microsoft's/Turn 10's/etc facination and infatuation with the poorly run group at ESL.

We have done was was required, now deliver what we have earned in a timely manner. And, quit pestering us about these weekly races.

(Does anyone know how to disable these messages from MS within Horizon 3?
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:23:00 PM(UTC)
So I have set a time every week and still have not received a single prize car. Are they going to be sent after all 7 weeks or am I experiencing a glitch?
 4 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:35:27 PM(UTC)
No-one has gotten them. This is starting to get ridiculous at this point. No communication, or acknowledgement of the issue whatsoever.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:02:11 PM(UTC)
I fully agree with the two posts above. These organisers have not taken any notice of what happened in the first competition and all the dissatisfaction that occurred. All we are asking for is confirmation of when the prizes will be sent out. It's not like we asking for something that we are not entitled to.
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:41:53 AM(UTC)
Ok thanks both of you I didn't know that no one had gotten them and that it's not our fault at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 5:18:36 AM(UTC)
Such negativity. Have a little faith. It will all get worked out. We will get our cars. We need to be patient.

I understand the frustration. I am a little frustrated too. I thought we would be getting the weekly cars immediately. However, I don't remember seeing that posted anywhere. All I saw was we would get the cars for the weeks we participated. The only thing about when is this on the ESL website.

Prizes may take up to 90 days to deliver though we will make best efforts to deliver prizes within 30 days following the Season 2 Grand Finals.

If we don't get the cars by 30 days after the series ends then something is definitely wrong. Since the series ends December 11th, I suspect we will get our cars before the holidays.

I'll be patient for now but I will start sharpening the pitchfork and preparing the tar and feathers (sarcasm).

After last time, after how many issues surrounding prizes last time, why the hell should we have faith.

We've been more than patient, but this is getting silly now.
#41 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 12:34:30 PM(UTC)
To my knowledge, no one has received the cars. If other people were getting them, I'd be real mad but they aren't. Also, I know of no posting saying we would get the weekly participation cars immediately following the weekly events. The only time I saw regarding the prizes was on the ESL website and that said it could be up to 90 after the event ended. Because of what I just mentioned, I see nothing that I can do but wait.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have the cars now. The only complaint I have is with Playground Games, Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft, and/or ESL not posting more information on exactly when we can expect to see the cars show up. Unfortunately, this seems to be the normal operating procedure for the FH and FM games.

We can be mad at them, but what good does it do? The only thing I can see doing is asking for a clarification on when the cars will be received. If they say the cars won't be awarded until after the whole event is completed, then we would know to wait. Instead we are left in limbo. The companies involved should know this isn't good but have they violated anything they posted about when the cars would be awarded? If so, please post a link.

I haven't seen the companies mentioned totally back out on giving out something they promised. There may have been a couple times they didn't do exactly what I thought they said they would do but they did something close. There was the incident with the first week's event. They did do something to remedy that problem. That gives me some faith we will get the cars. Backing out on giving out these cars would be big. That is clearly stated on the ESL website. I can't picture the cars not being awarded.

Therefore, I wait, not happily, but I wait.

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 12:35:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 12:45:43 PM(UTC)
Thing is though, throughout the whole thing T10/PG have been completely silent. If they'd just pipe up and clarify what is going on, that'd ease a lot of peoples minds. But no, communication continues to be an issue with this company. They were also completely silent during the last fiasco revolving around the prizes, leaving players guessing what to do, and having to sort things out for themselves. I see another case of that happening.

Edit: And while yes, there was no guarantee when we'd get them, the track record of them in the last season giving out the cars during the following week has led a lot of people to think that they'd be doing that again.

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 12:46:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 2:30:12 PM(UTC)
Thing is though, throughout the whole thing T10/PG have been completely silent. If they'd just pipe up and clarify what is going on, that'd ease a lot of peoples minds. But no, communication continues to be an issue with this company. They were also completely silent during the last fiasco revolving around the prizes, leaving players guessing what to do, and having to sort things out for themselves. I see another case of that happening.

Edit: And while yes, there was no guarantee when we'd get them, the track record of them in the last season giving out the cars during the following week has led a lot of people to think that they'd be doing that again.

I fully agree with you. Silence from T10/PG seems to be their modus operandi (normal way of operating). I wish it wasn't.

I'd forgotten about the prize issue with the first week. They haven't resolved that or if they have, they haven't told us. I guess they could be waiting until the end of the whole series because they don't want to give out some prizes, the participation cars, and not the other prizes until they came up with a solution. I think I'm being kind here. I really think they botched up the first week so badly they decided to wait until the end to give out all the prizes thinking it is easier to deal with one large group of complaints than several over many weeks. I also think they are hoping many people will give up and not worry about it. If they hadn't botch up the first week we probably would have gotten the participation cars immediately. However, I don't know due to their silence.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:17:14 PM(UTC)
I guess really there are just too many cooks stirring the pot here; PG has to get on the same page as T10, T10 has to get on the same page as MS, MS or whatever has to get on the same page as ESL...soo many moving parts, and they were smart by dropping that "90 days" thing in there. Really, it covers them as that's all they really have to say to us when we ask.

What concerns me more I think has already been voiced in the forum; in the electronic world, 90 days is a long time. Player counts will be way down by the time we get these cars in March from an event that happened throughout...November? That's EONS in this world. I mean, there'll already be something like 12 more Battlefields and 18 more CoDs by then, plus 30+ Mafia expansions, a couple more Skyrims...

I'm also concerned that I may be no getting any participation rewards at all, as I'm not getting these pesky "watch this" "watch that" messages in my Xbox inbox that seem to be annoying everyone else. It says "signed up" on the ESL page, and I've been setting clean lap times on the weekly events, so hopefully I'm OK.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:25:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:43:32 PM(UTC)
I know this is kind of off topic but can someone tell me what the s14th redux is?
#46 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:45:46 PM(UTC)
Also I am not signed up for anything because the site never said I had to be signed up to get the participation rewards in FH3
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Canadiens321 Go to Quoted Post
I know this is kind of off topic but can someone tell me what the s14th redux is?

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm629196_Forzathon.aspx#post_629196
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:50:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm629196_Forzathon.aspx#post_629196

I mean what does s14th redux stand for. I know it's the event but is it like a special car name or something?
#49 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:52:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

I mean what does s14th redux stand for. I know it's the event but is it like a special car name or something?

Redux is just because they're repeating getting the S14 for a second time. Car will be the same.

Edit: Also the wrong thread to be asking in.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:54:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:06:45 PM(UTC)

After last time, after how many issues surrounding prizes last time, why the hell should we have faith.

We've been more than patient, but this is getting silly now.
More than silly, I dare say.

Seriously, if they don't have the desire and/or the staff to adequately provide the cars for participation in a timely manner or to even bother to let us know what's up, then they shouldn't have offered these weekly car prizes in the first place.

TransAmConnor is absolutely correct in each and every post in this subforum. It was totally ridiculous the hoops many of us had to jump though to get the DLCs from the last go round. At least during the last series the weekly car rewards were sent out... weekly...

I am still more than mildly curious as to why Turn 10 is supporting and promoting ESL and their racing championships. Is there really a high percentage of Forza owners that participate in or even have a mild interest in following or watching these races? It would be quite a shock to me to find out that there is a large percentage of participants or followers.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:12:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error